Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 15, 2020 9:46 AM

Feb 2020
You should check out CE, where you get to shit on women and minorities, and back it up with sources
Aug 15, 2020 10:18 AM
Jul 2018
ChartTopper60 said:
I did quite an amount of thinking, reflection, research before making this post. MAL is pretty different from other sites in that there is a slight more nuance here than elsewhere. I've seen a lot more people discuss the goods and bads on each side without explicitly concluding anything. I feel like this nuance is hard to find anywhere else.

Overall, if you see a thread you find to be bad, just stay away and don't reply. Most of my posts are from threads I genuinely liked. There will always be threads you like.

Truly, I don't like labeling anyone though, because I feel that it entirely disables me from understanding another's position. I've done it before, but no longer will I call somebody in a serious case a simp, or a dumbass, or whatever. That's all they are? That's their defining trait? That tells you everything about their every life experience, reflection, every single fiber of their being? I mean, I don't care too much if people do it to me, it's best that I don't care since I'm autistic and have trouble recognizing banter often. I just would never do it myself. It comes off as self-validation to me, and my life is wasted if I don't do my best to understand others.

Anyway, like others say, mute and block. You have every right as a human being to not engage with emotionally abusive people, or people that make you feel uncomfortable to the core. I mean, if people just don't like you and that's that, okay? So what. But if they have to get to that level, be the better person and ignore.

YET I would also say just take things at face value. I mean, yes, women and money stereotype. There are a lot of stereotypes out there. But there are two ways you can take something. Do we know the intention of the thread? that all le women are le bad? Or are they just talking from experience? I know, it's easier to get pissed than understand, the hardest part of life is getting over your emotions. After all, it's not like this person is going to see a women go up to them, say hi, and they go "WTF YOU FUCKING BIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTCHHH". Even if they did somehow hate every last women on the planet, they'd just ignore women. And if you're a woman, you have every reason to not put any attention on that unless it directly involves you.

I'm partially borrowing what someone I love has said here; It's just saddening that so many people will ignore others when they genuinely want to send kindness, compliments and love, but those same people will spend all their energy into the bullshit others have to say, especially people they don't even know that act like they do! So basically, their livelihood becomes drama and hatred.

Also, I'd not say that half the forum is misogynistic or racist. Most of the people I've met here have been absolutely delightful. I always believed that the people you meet are the reflection of you, like a sense of attraction. At the very least, what you focus on is what you'll find more of.
After all, no one has to agree on anything as long as they respect you as a person.

The best thing is that, if you have recognized it, you have every right to eject shitty people out of your life. For me, it was tough at first. But the more I worked on myself, the better I could recognize it.

What a great post. Very sensible and compassionate.

Aired said:
You need to go and read the thread because it didn't come off as misogynist. He was just asking an honest question from his perspective.

Thanks!

JFuji said:
People feel safe to express their opinions with anonymity.. but thats how it is everywhere. Nothing really too bad from what I've seen.

People have been locked up in their homes. It can be difficult to release pent up frustration for some. I can understand. If I didn't have a girlfriend it could be me as well.. You have to understand that the current hentai production is very slow. Places like hanimetv are getting a few new releases like once a month. Half of them are NTR which turns people off. Other then that they only see a bunch of crappy 90's looking hentai being uploaded.

Yes indeed!

SansWobbles said:
You should check out CE, where you get to shit on women and minorities, and back it up with sources

Lmao its funny because its true. CE and AD are where the real wars are fought. Maybe FG aswell but I don't go in there much. Always hearing that a big drama happened in FG.

Starchaser said:

Honestly, it's just better to use your time on any forum to interact with the people who are nice, make you feel happy, uplifted, and all that jazz

Introduction Forum and Creative Corner are the most chill places. I'm always hearing about FG drama.
removed-userAug 15, 2020 10:21 AM
Aug 15, 2020 10:22 AM

Sep 2017
I think you may be a little too oversensitive, OP, if just this is enough to make you quit the forums
Aug 15, 2020 10:23 AM
Jul 2018
I am going to miss @Kona_KG .

He was like a brother to me.
True, we probably never even talked, but still.
Aug 15, 2020 10:23 AM

Jul 2019
I feel you, OP. For me it helps to realize that if it affects me in a negative way, it’s exactly what the person who posted it wanted to happen.
I don't put up with any bullshit. I call people out on bigotry.
But as soon as I say something, they act like it’s my fault that their brain doesn’t work.
The internet is pretty trash for women in general.
I just assume it's the convergence for lonely men, I just feel a tad bit of pity to watch how easy they fall for hatred and misinformation. Anything to justify their biased and Ignorant worldview.
I also just avoid some of the cesspools that are full of trolls, I don't need to waste my energy on people whose only goal is trying their best to upset people for attention.
Instead, I focus on putting my energy into something positive, producing content or spreading support to people doing good.

Never explain,
Never retract,
Never apologize
Just get the thing done
And let them howl
Aug 15, 2020 11:53 AM
Jul 2018
This forum is ridiculous. Nobody wants to talk about things that really matter - like Hannibal and horror podcasts. I'd still stay though but I'd also be salty af about it.

Anyways, Kona-chan, come back. There are threads about snacks and pooping - how cool is that?
Aug 15, 2020 11:55 AM
Jul 2018
I didn't expect so many to be so defensive about this forum.
Aug 15, 2020 12:00 PM

Dec 2013
Yeeeah, I actually agree with the OP. I'm just hanging out here because I like arguing with those people lol.
Aug 15, 2020 12:02 PM

Jul 2011
That's the main reason why I mostly stick to Forum Games.
Check out my anime reviews or my pet will get you: Mezase Pokémon Master
Aug 15, 2020 12:10 PM

May 2016
lmfao good it is more fun and hilarious this way. Go away if you don't like it. Why would you want a forum where you have to walk on eggshells. AKA IRL.

Aug 15, 2020 12:15 PM

Jan 2009
im actually talking about the past of MAL forums on another thread and ye actually the forums back then are more toxic but still fun? like controversial threads fill up CD back then there is a pattern of like this month is about incest and another month its science vs religion threads and the next month the theme changes again to political threads and so on until the cycle of controversial thread themes repeats damn thats the main reason i got this huge post count actually those days are so full of shit and full of forum activity too so its the best and worst times of MAL forums
Aug 15, 2020 3:53 PM

Jun 2019
There is a lack of toilet paper and shower threads tbh.

Leading biologist Scott Pitnick said:
The bigger your 'nads, the smaller your brains
Aug 15, 2020 6:02 PM
Jul 2020
I kinda I agree with this. I just new in this MAL to remember some anime that forgettable anime then I look in forum some of them its really good forum but its kinda cringing me some shitty forum and some of them they just want many as they can post to be a great weeb (lol) well I just ignore the shitty forum.
LakasTamaAug 15, 2020 6:09 PM
Aug 15, 2020 6:10 PM

Apr 2010
If you want some kind of meaningful discussion of any sort of level. Avoid Anime discussion, avoid Current events and avoid Casual Discussion. Just go straight into the Anime series and manga discussion threads and find the series you want to talk about. It's the only place on this site where you can have a semi decent discussion if you're lucky
Aug 15, 2020 6:15 PM

Dec 2014
Boohoo, MAL users have become too soft lately. You know why people are toxic like that, because it hurts yours and others feelings. Easy to trigger = More fun.
Aug 15, 2020 6:52 PM

Oct 2016
Threads like those are a marathon to scroll and read because of their views. People who had negative experience on a certain group of people tend to be very doubtful of them, and to cope with it is by generalizing them because it's easier rather than thinking. Limited thinking involves protecting their own ego and rage, thus making them so called "racist or sexist". ( don't know if that's accurate, call me wrong on that if you think)

Nothing calling them wrong based on their experience but be more open about why they're the way they are instead of calling them sexist, racist, or any kind of labels. Ask questions. ( even tho nobody will taken this advice on those forums lol)
Aug 15, 2020 8:02 PM

Jul 2020
Honestly, I feel like people here in MAL are generally trolls that just want a good laugh. Like, what do you expect, it is the Internet. I admit, it is pretty lackluster in these forums and I need more of "those threads" to fulfill my weekly laughter.
Aug 15, 2020 10:00 PM

Sep 2007

Apparently the forums used to be way more pugnacious, but I didn't pay attention until a couple years ago. I feel like I missed out on some significant MAL history.

Aug 16, 2020 12:20 AM

May 2016
KirklandPlastic said:
The forum can't be worse than xbox live, so that's one good thing. Also from what I've seen, it's a pretty nice place.

Sometimes the internet is just the internet.

Didn't Phil Spencer say you cannot say anything mean on voice chat anymore?
Aug 16, 2020 5:40 AM
Jul 2018
This forum is pretty tame in comparison to other sites aimed at anime/games. There are always bigots everywhere, but even in the thread you managed you can see how many disagree and just make jokes out of the matter. You can't avoid people like that on forums because they're not going anywhere. And also it does reflect reality, worry more about things in your life.
Aug 16, 2020 5:50 AM

Jul 2014
If the topics here was enough to trigger you then oh boy... you will not like the internet at all, esp places where people can put out their varying opinions and life experiences which is the "internet".
Aug 16, 2020 8:20 AM

Mar 2017
Forum for anime watchers (mostly shitters) is full of shitters, who would've thought. Save yourself.
Aug 16, 2020 8:26 AM

Aug 2010
Thank you for being honest and farewell!

Hope that you are able to find a better place on the internet without toxicity in the equation.

I experienced the exact same things which you have mentioned but I will continue to use MAL regardless.

What I have learned over the years is that "Ignorance is (Really) Bliss".

Selective Interaction is the best medicine in an environment full of toxicity.

If you ever feel threatened by any user on the internet, report the malicious user, and then block that user's account.
Post Office
Collection
Hall of Fame
Aug 16, 2020 8:30 AM
Jul 2020
OP hasn't experienced true toxicity if he doesn't know what goes down at /pol/.
Aug 16, 2020 8:32 AM
Jul 2020
Please can someone get me to this 4chan thing?
Aug 16, 2020 6:13 PM
Feb 2020
Kona_KG said:

If anyone ever wonders why more women don't talk online, just go to your local forum or server where the two responses will be one of these way too often: Either you have a bunch of incels complaining about "women bad, ewwww" or a bunch of simps sucking up to the first one they see.

AnimeFeminist said:

The internet is pretty trash for women in general.

So let me get this straight. Wahmen are equal and just as capable as men, BUT they also deserve special treatment and shouldn't be expected to be able to handle the dregs of internet discussion forums, which are notorious for dehumanizing everybody and treating everybody like shit.

Which is it? Do you believe in equality, or do you believe in neo-victorian gender roles? You can't have it both ways, as much as you'd like to.
Hillary_Clinton_Aug 16, 2020 7:21 PM
Aug 16, 2020 7:20 PM

Jan 2017
People use anonymity to show off their true selves. Although I am grateful because I am a bottomfeeder who thrives on drama, I leave rather quickly as staying too long lessens my faith in humanity. If you want an intelligent conversation I wouldn't rely solely on weebs.
Aug 17, 2020 12:24 AM

Jun 2008
You could always stay and fight them with all you got...

I’m not a big Casual Discussion guy, but on politics I’ll go ALL OUT with anyone.

Nothing MALers can say will force me to leave.
Aug 17, 2020 12:40 AM

Feb 2015
Coming from someone who's been participating on forum discussions for 10 years now, I've seen worse.
Aug 17, 2020 2:40 PM

Aug 2020
You're absolutely right, the forums are toxic and the moderators are just sitting on their fat asses doing absolutely nothing. I'd suggest to not look at the forums if they upset you, if not, then enjoy.
Aug 17, 2020 2:40 PM

Jun 2015
This forum has its... episodes, but it's also a place where I've met tons of wonderful people and had a nice bunch of interesting conversations. You just gotta look hard enough :)
Aug 17, 2020 2:48 PM
Aug 2019
Haunt-Me said:
I mean it is myanimelist, the people here are all depressed or autistic to begin with

man I laughed so hard at your comment, never happened to me before on this site hahahah
Aug 17, 2020 3:30 PM

Sep 2016
at least it isn't like reddit where you can get banned for stupid reasons
Aug 17, 2020 3:32 PM

Oct 2015
They're just being epic gamers ok? What do you have against gaming anyway you bigot! I just can't escape bigotry even on this lovely forum with a tight-knit community...
Aug 17, 2020 3:34 PM

May 2020
yeah and look at the replies defending the misogynists and racists. i've decided to stray away from forums now. people who think there's nothing wrong with the forums need help. these people should just stay on 4chan or some shit
Aug 17, 2020 3:43 PM

Nov 2016
Personally i just ignore that kinda titles i don't even click them Anime & Manga Recommendations and Forum games sections are mostly pretty cool it's not like whole forum is trash just take what you want and left others just ignore them.
Aug 17, 2020 3:48 PM

Aug 2020
You're sounding like a special snowflake. If you can't handle people having different opinions and views from you than crawl back to your safe space and stay away from the internet and real life in general.

“There is great satisfaction in fighting for the sake of gaining power, but it’s joyless to fight for the sake of maintaining it.”
– Reinhard Von Lohengramm
Aug 17, 2020 5:37 PM

Oct 2017
If I ran MAL, it wouldn't have a Casual Discussion. It would just be for talking about anime and manga. It would also have an entirely different forum layout and include VNs and LNs, but anyway... The social/gender/party politics ruins online social spaces, so I think it would be best to just ban the subjects. Talk about anime or manga, or have your posts removed and risk a ban for being off-topic.

But the people run the site just want as many people here as possible to make money. They don't care about the friendliness and overall health of the community. Or if they do, they're pussies who refuse to take the kind of firm action that's needed to gatekeep the toxic elements. And by toxic elements I'm not just talking about angry incels OP refers to, but also the opposite. People who want to bring sexism/racism-based critique bullshit and people who attack elements of the culture like lolis and fan service in general.
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Aug 18, 2020 8:01 AM
Jul 2020
In my opinion, this website is fine, just remove casual discussion and current events. I mean everyone uses that platform to hate on racial minorities and leave sexist comments while using their "unbiased" sources. We are weebs, not political commentaries. We should stay on our lane and comment on things that we at least have knowledge about.
Aug 18, 2020 8:09 AM

Mar 2018
LOL at all the hate aimed at my dear Casual Discussion. You mongrels fail to understand that not every individual who watches anime is a disgusting weeb...

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Aug 21, 2020 5:23 PM

Aug 2015
no free icecream oh and stupid pointless thread topics like this
ใŠๅ‰ใฎ็—…ๆฐ—ใปใ—ใ„ใช
Aug 22, 2020 4:30 AM
Jul 2020
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
DirtyPeasant said:
hate on racial minorities
Minorities huh? Well this forum is not American only and there is more "brown people" than white people worldwide. So can you all stop attacking us oppressed white people?

How ironic. The same victim mentality "white people" have been telling blacks to get rid of has infected them itself. If all the Hitler apologists and equating blacks to animals threads on CD and CE doesn't tell you something I don't know what will.
ZlyiondAug 22, 2020 5:48 AM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

44 by perfectlyquiet »»
5 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

678 by Hitagi__Furude »»
59 minutes ago

» Are you going to apologize?

LenRea - Mar 25

28 by Rhaelynne »»
1 hour ago

» Who is the most perverted person you irl ?

Thy-Veseveia - 1 hour ago

0 by Thy-Veseveia »»
1 hour ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ยฅ1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - Apr 19

24 by DreamWindow »»
2 hours ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.