Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 14, 2020 9:41 PM

Jan 2014
If we're talking about fleshed out magical systems then my pick is Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei.
I mean the novel goes into even more depth than the anime or so i've heard so i can only imagine how deep that goes lol.

Me personally i love into how much actual detail they go into when they're explaining how magic works in that world.
The beauty of humans is that they say one thing then do another, but at the same time that can also be their ugliest side.
Sep 11, 2020 4:32 PM

Oct 2018
Nikiforova said:
I always liked Bleach power system the most. The entire concept of zanpakuto always fascinated me.
I like the Zanpakuto system but the fact that Ichigo broke just about all the rules for the sake of plot makes me like it less.
Sep 11, 2020 4:51 PM
May 2020
I saw a post saying that Shaman King has that best Power system. I haven't seen it yet soo idk

From what I saw from shounen (Naruto, MHA, Black clover..)

Imm gonna go with MHA. Its not too OP like naruto not that naruto is bad but yh. Black clover power system underrated af but I honestly prefer jutsu over it but hey all of them are good
Sep 12, 2020 7:58 AM

Jul 2020
Was about to insta-reply "The Toaru series...obviously" but OP's got it locked on. If this isn't the most well thought-out power system, idk what is.

For comparison, what actually makes a 4 leaf grimoire a 4 leaf grimoire? We know it means the user is super adept at magic and lucky but that doesn't really justify Yuno's 1 loss over 140+ episodes.
Sep 12, 2020 8:14 AM

May 2020
Mullerio said:
JOOOOJOOOOOOOOOO

Both are great but Stands are just better. Change my mind.

haha Finally found someone who has big PP
Sep 12, 2020 8:20 AM
穂乃果は神

Oct 2015
I personally like Haki because it is written in a way in that you understand the power not just from direct explanation, but from combat scenes as usage of exposure. One Piece is more of a "show don't tell" series which is one of the many reasons why I prefer it over HxH and Nen.

HxH has the higher ground in terms of sheer consistency and clarity though, Haki can quite often be unclear, even if I find it much cooler. Plus, One Piece has other power systems like Devil Fruit and Six Powers/Rokushiki, which often intertwine. Haki is becoming way more clear as the chapters go on, though.

I haven't seen too many anime to say, so I'm not gonna say anything, but Haki is my personal preference, with Nen coming second behind it. I also haven't seen Stands yet, I'm still on Part 2. lol
ChartTopper60Sep 12, 2020 8:24 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 12, 2020 9:38 AM
Jul 2020
Hunter x Hunter's Nen is extremely well written... So I'll go with that.
Sep 12, 2020 9:46 AM

Apr 2020
I like stands because not all of them are based on power.

But sometimes Araki exaggerates on some abilities coming out of nowhere *cof cof weather report cof cof* or lacks creativity on others (so it's the same type of stand as mine. Really?). Maybe these are the reasons parts 3 and 6 are my least favorites.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Sep 12, 2020 9:48 AM

Aug 2015
Nen is the only valid answer, at least for shonen.
Why? Because it makes sense.

Good concepts are the devil fruits, stands, some things from ToAru and chakra (specially the sage/senjutsu), but all of these usually are conveniently changed so the plot can move on.
Dec 25, 2020 8:58 PM

Oct 2018
The most cultured power system is Souma from Seikon no Qwaser XD.
Dec 25, 2020 9:00 PM

May 2020
Nen is by far is the best in my opinion.
Dec 25, 2020 9:11 PM

Jul 2020
DISCLAIMER: this idiot that posted this, is in fact talking out of his ass, PLZ DONT TAKE SERIOUSLY
the answer is obivous, ezaki chan wants to hang out, the reason is simple, the characters, or character i should say, does the impossible.................u already know.
some honorable mentions are:
k-on
AOT
food wars (no cap on that one)
pokemon
and, idk

in all seriousness, jjba or HxH has to have a power system that makes sense,
I am the handle of my mop
Rags are my body, and detergent is my blood
I have scrubbed over a thousand floors
Unknown to sick leave
Nor known to pay
Have withstood abuse to sweep many
surfaces
Yet those hands will never hold money
So as I clean, Unlimited Maid Works
Dec 25, 2020 9:18 PM

Jul 2013
Darker Than Black. I liked how the remuneration system just made powers more of a curse that people want to get out off.
Dec 25, 2020 9:20 PM

Jun 2017
I watched the 1st season of Toaru and its science looked like magic to me. Sure characters use railguns, teleport around etc but I don't remember seeing any basis on which they got their power to control these things. Most fights involved Touma using his hand rather than strategy to end fights. I was really disappointed with it.

Naruto had good system but everything associated with Sharingan felt like hax powers.

FMAB never explained alchemy beyond the law of equivalent exchange.

My favorite would be Hunter x hunter. Wide variety of powers with actual strategy in the fights made it really interesting.
Dec 25, 2020 9:25 PM

Nov 2019
Stands (JoJos) and Nen (HxH) are by far my 2 favorites.
Don't let others ruin things for you. Even if a toxic fan pisses in your cereal, you could just get another bowl of cereal.
My Anime List - My Manga List
Dec 25, 2020 9:30 PM

Apr 2020
Devil fruits and jojo stands/hamon is my pick
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 25, 2020 9:32 PM
Jul 2018
hunter x hunter would be my pick.

some honorable mentions would be: jojos, naruto, one piece, katekyo hitman reborn, and black clover
Apr 1, 2021 4:05 PM

Oct 2018
After finally watching One Piece I gotta say I really like the Haki and Devil Fruit Powers too. Still not better than Toaru though interms of power system for me.
Apr 1, 2021 9:12 PM

Sep 2012
Nen from HxH. The shit they're coming up with currently in the manga is mad creative.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Have y'all seen Rainbow?

MillerEvans23 - 7 hours ago

14 by Horshu »»
8 seconds ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand.

Alpha_1_Zero - 12 hours ago

26 by Horshu »»
29 seconds ago

» Do you wish your culture was more represent in anime?

Spunkert - 2 hours ago

17 by Horshu »»
2 minutes ago

» Anime that you started watching because of Social Media

ST63LTH - 5 hours ago

22 by Horshu »»
3 minutes ago

» What if all characters, not just main, had infinite mana?

Catalano - 4 hours ago

4 by deg »»
4 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.