Forum Settings
Forums

'Boku no Hero Academia' Gets Original Net Anime Episode

New
Aug 2, 2020 9:45 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The official website of the Boku no Hero Academia (My Hero Academia) anime series announced a new original anime episode on Monday, subtitled Ikinokore! Kesshi no Survival Kunren (Make It! Do-or-Die Survival Training). The website also revealed a key visual (pictured).

The episode will stream in two parts on Hulu on August 16, followed by d Anime Store, U-NEXT, dTV, Anime Houdai, Hikari TV, J:COM on Demand, TELASA, milplus, RakutenTV, Tsutaya TV, Videx, Geo TV, Niconico Channel, Bandai Channel, Video Market, and MovieFull Plus on August 30. The Sukue! Kyuujo Kunren! and Training of the Dead original video episodes, which were bundled with the 13th and 14th manga volumes, will also be available for streaming at the same time.

North American anime distributors Funimation and Crunchyroll announced on Sunday that the platforms will also stream the new episode on August 15. The latter will debut the two-part episode at 11:00 a.m. EDT.

The episode is based on the recital drama of the same title that was performed by the cast members at the U.A. High School Survival Camp event at the Bunkyou Civic Hall in 2018.

Synopsis
In this brand-new adventure, some Class 1-A students are sent to hone their survival skills at a training course. Having yet to receive their provisional licenses, they're eager to cut loose and have a little fun.

They quickly discover that the danger they face is no simulation! It's going to take their combined training, teamwork, and quick thinking if they're going to pass this assignment! (Source: Funimation)

Production staff returning for the episode at animation studio Bones include chief director Kenji Nagasaki (Boku no Hero Academia), director Masahiro Mukai (Trickster: Edogawa Ranpo "Shounen Tanteidan" yori), series composer and scriptwriter Yousuke Kuroda (Ookiku Furikabutte), character designer Yoshihiko Umakoshi (Casshern Sins), and music composer Yuuki Hayashi (Haikyuu!!).

The anime series adapts Kouhei Horikoshi's action superhero manga, which drew inspiration from his Boku no Hero (My Hero) one-shot that was published in the 2008 Winter issue of Akamaru Jump. Weekly Shounen Jump began serializing the manga in July 2014. Shueisha published the 27th volume on July 3, with the 28th volume scheduled for release on September 4. Boku no Hero Academia has a cumulative 27 million copies of its compiled volumes in circulation.

The first television anime aired in 13 episodes in Spring 2016, followed by the second, third, and fourth seasons in Spring 2017, Spring 2018, and Fall 2019, respectively—each running for 25 episodes. The Futari no Hero and Heroes:Rising side-story films premiered in Japan in August 2018 and on December 20 last year. A fifth anime season is currently in production.

VIZ Media licensed the manga in English through its Shounen Jump imprint in February 2015 and serialized it in their digital Weekly Shonen Jump magazine till it discontinued. The company's new Shounen Jump platform now simulpublishes the manga with the Japanese release. The 24th volume was released on June 2.

Official site: https://heroaca.com/originalanimationep/
Official Twitter: @heroaca_anime

Source: Repotama!

Boku no Hero Academia: Ikinokore! Kesshi no Survival Kunren on MAL
VindstotAug 3, 2020 12:47 PM

Aug 2, 2020 9:47 PM

Jan 2009
2 part episode does that mean this will be at least 45 or 50 minutes in total? thats nice if true
Aug 2, 2020 10:12 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Sure, why not? More BnHA is always welcome.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 3, 2020 4:14 AM
穂乃果は神

Oct 2015
I just want a Vigilantes: My Hero Academia anime.... There's enough content for about four cours...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 3, 2020 9:35 AM

Aug 2015
Someone posted a screenshot from the pv of Shouto and let me say this..

MORE SHOUTO ARE ALWAYS WELCOME XD

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Aug 3, 2020 12:26 PM

Jul 2019
I probably watch it, I hope it's good.
Apaixonado por jogos e animes.
Aug 3, 2020 1:08 PM

Oct 2019
more mha? yes please
Aug 3, 2020 1:09 PM

Jan 2020
I'm always down for more My Hero content
Aug 3, 2020 5:29 PM

Aug 2018
Dope I think a world wide release of an episode is a neat idea. It makes it a worldwide event that allows everyone to discuss the show. It is like TV but for anime. Now do vigilante series!
Aug 4, 2020 3:01 PM

Mar 2017
More MHA ??

yes please feed me!!!
Aug 9, 2020 7:27 PM

Oct 2007
So does this mean that Funi/Crunchy might also release the first two ova's eventually? or just the 2 new episodes...? ;v;
Aug 10, 2020 3:04 PM

Aug 2010
I'm shocked these were licensed. The previous OVAs may have hope yet.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

More topics from this board

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Mar 4

1 by AxaraCereb »»
9 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

18 by MrShadowDUH »»
9 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Apr 25

9 by Playcool »»
11 hours ago

» 'Arknights: Rise From Ember' TV Anime Announced

DatRandomDude - Today

4 by Yona_Runcandel »»
Today, 11:08 AM

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

7 by EcchiGodMamster »»
Today, 9:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.