Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 1, 2008 8:26 AM

Mar 2008
What do you did when your mothers a control freak, wants nothing to do other than you to be her slave and obay her to say things like, yes mum, sure mum, 3 bags full mum. . She cuts your power at night forcing you to run extention cords out to other rooms. Then force to hide extention cords because they get stolen. Breaches your privacy, walks straight into your room and refuses to leave when you ask to get out.

then after not talking for a week, she demants respect.

How would yous deal with that ?

Its actually my house (along with my brothers pitching in) and they are the tenants (tenants from hell lol).

btw, ive tried to keep it short but sharp.

anyone have a mum like this ? D:
Coming soon!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Apr 1, 2008 12:32 PM

Mar 2008
I've been lucky enough not to have to deal with a situation like yours. The closest is me sharing a room with my brother, and him believing he owns everything.

Did you ever try to talk to your mother, or brothers, about it? It is always worth a try. I wish I could be more helpful. Good luck hope things improve.
Alliance: In international politics, the union of two thieves who have their hands so deeply inserted in each other's pocket that they cannot separately plunder a third.
-Ambrose Bierce
Apr 1, 2008 12:47 PM

Mar 2007
Ah my parents used to be like that and I went emo until they left me alone.

Now they are fine. But I advise you not to follow my ways xDD. Maybe when you get older, they will understand?
Apr 1, 2008 1:12 PM

Dec 2007
my parents arent controlling at all. my mom just always bugs me sort of about getting her grandkids. As im the oldest and all. Anytime i start dating a new girl she gets all excited and gets all nosy. Thats the only thing that bothers me about my parents.
Apr 1, 2008 1:15 PM

Feb 2008
Marls said:
What do you did when your mothers a control freak, wants nothing to do other than you to be her slave and obay her to say things like, yes mum, sure mum, 3 bags full mum. . She cuts your power at night forcing you to run extention cords out to other rooms. Then force to hide extention cords because they get stolen. Breaches your privacy, walks straight into your room and refuses to leave when you ask to get out.

Its actually my house (along with my brothers pitching in) and they are the tenants (tenants from hell lol).

my mom is worse! she pick up fights without reasons, she don't respect privacy, i'm getting very depressed about it, our house is like a battle field O_O
i wish if there was a way to deal with a mother like that, my life is a living hell, i don't know what i might do if things keep up the way they are, i can't contenue living like this.

“That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Apr 1, 2008 1:22 PM

Dec 2007
Marls said:

You dont have to deal with it actually, its your house and your over 18 right? just tell your mom that what your doing is what you want, end of story. if she doesnt respect that, tell her to get the fuck off, in a smooth way ;).. if you discuss it with her and make the conversation take the way of you being a victim of her absurd ways of living, she should leave you alone. but i dont know your mom, so i dont know, but these sort of things work for me anyway ^^
Apr 1, 2008 1:22 PM

Mar 2008
midori-chan89 said:

my mom is worse! she pick up fights without reasons, she don't respect privacy, i'm getting very depressed about it, our house is like a battle field O_O
i wish if there was a way to deal with a mother like that, my life is a living hell, i don't know what i might do if things keep up the way they are, i can't contenue living like this.

Advice:
Get some sandbags and wait it out...
Seriously though, talking it out works (if only for a day). I have found often in these situations both parties have contributed, it's not entirely one-sided.
Apr 1, 2008 1:25 PM

Dec 2007
midori-chan89 said:
Marls said:

your mom seems.. dangerous oO.. if its as bad as you say, try and slack at a friends place for a week or so, telling your mom were your going, but telling her you dont know when you will come home as you cant stand her =).. most mothers love their kids and want them to stay with them, if she gets the impression she have forced you away from home she will be asking you to come home again soon, and tell you that she is willing to let you have your privacy.
Apr 1, 2008 1:31 PM

Dec 2007
I have perfect parents, but besides that, here's what i think;

If you talk to your mom then there always is a chance that she get's this nature motherly feeling that she's just acting wrong. If she doesn't realise that then, how overdone it may look, she really has a mental problem. These are the kind of things Dr.Phill processes in his show.

Can i ask, how do you consider your own behaviour? Are you repelling towards her? Do you ignore her a lot or just never listen? Next to that, when did this beaviour start?
Apr 1, 2008 1:57 PM

Jul 2007
You have to give before you can get.
But don't let people think they can take advantage of you.

Try to avoid becoming angry, it only escalates any conflict.
Try communicating through several methods, watching your body language.
Try communicating through completely different mediums ~ Face to face, phone, or even writing.

Do not try to approach your parents when they are angry, or their judgement may otherwise be compromised.

In the end, it's all about getting your parents (or family) to sympathize with you, and realise that you have your own needs as well. I'm certainly not an expert on this topic but if you keep these things in mind they should be quite helpful, I hope.
Apr 1, 2008 2:15 PM

Mar 2007
You think you have privacy issues, I know someone online who is 25, and her mom doesn't let her go anywhere except for school (college) by herself. She can't walk to the bus stop, drive, go shopping, go to the library, heck, she can't even go to the neighborhood mailbox to pick up their mail without her mom or dad with her. She isn't allowed to cook meals, do laundry, have a boyfriend, have friends over, etc. I personally kind of wonder what the point of her even going to college is, since I wonder if they will even let her get a job when she graduates. @_@ It's a miracle she can even get online. I also kind of wonder what will happen when her parents (who are retirement age) eventually pass away, because then she will be totally helpless.

But anyway. I suggest not getting angry, and trying to be reasonable. Also, have a sense of humor about the situation. It may be hard, but if you and everyone can recognize the ridiculousness of the whole thing and not take stuff so seriously, it helps ^^
Apr 1, 2008 2:31 PM

Oct 2006
At first I was inclined to dismiss this as angsty teenager nonsense - blowing things way out of proportion and such. But assuming you're truly over 18, it's simple. If she's living under your roof, you set the rules and she has no business interfering in whatever you're doing. If not, you don't really have much to complain about and if you don't like her rules then you should find a place of your own. Either way, the best step would be to establish and agree on a firm set of rules - things that she shouldn't do, places off-limits to her, etc. - and then if she can't abide by those, either give her the boot or find a new place to live.
Apr 1, 2008 3:25 PM

Apr 2007
Marls said:

I'd kick her out.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 1, 2008 3:32 PM

Dec 2007
MagicalEmi said:
You think you have privacy issues, I know someone online who is 25, and her mom doesn't let her go anywhere except for school (college) by herself. She can't walk to the bus stop, drive, go shopping, go to the library, heck, she can't even go to the neighborhood mailbox to pick up their mail without her mom or dad with her. She isn't allowed to cook meals, do laundry, have a boyfriend, have friends over, etc. I personally kind of wonder what the point of her even going to college is, since I wonder if they will even let her get a job when she graduates. @_@ It's a miracle she can even get online. I also kind of wonder what will happen when her parents (who are retirement age) eventually pass away, because then she will be totally helpless.

But anyway. I suggest not getting angry, and trying to be reasonable. Also, have a sense of humor about the situation. It may be hard, but if you and everyone can recognize the ridiculousness of the whole thing and not take stuff so seriously, it helps ^^

lol, stalker parents oO
Apr 1, 2008 3:37 PM

Aug 2007
I only have my father but he's great sending me off to college and covering the entire cost plus he doesn't care what I do or watch so I guess I'm what you may call lucky.
Apr 1, 2008 3:51 PM

Mar 2008
We had this kinda thing a few years aback, but its begun to resurface even when she promised to not do when I was moving back with them again. Only reason I moved into the same house was because it was financially benificial for me. But as you see, broken promises. It seems to me, she wants the world to evlove around her and thinks what she believes/says has to go, no matter what. Its like shes on a holy crusade.

I went to my dads place on the weekend, told him about whats doing on, the petty theif of my routers, phone cords (as they know that using the computer is ahobby of mine) and he kinda laughed and was like, your kidding. He explained to me why she left him, It was because she couldnt control him, was being manipulative of him, telling him what to do etc etc. Which is what I am seeing now so I can believe it. Seems similar what she was doing to my dad, she is doing to me. Yet all her life shes called our dad a basturd, always puts him down.

Last night she was banging on my door demanding for respect <.< why should I give it if she carries on like this.

So far I havent dealt any anger towards her, this is kinda frustration I am putting out here now. I dont plan talking to her until she backs off for a bit. I dont need this bullshit in my life.

Coming soon!
Apr 1, 2008 4:50 PM

Nov 2007
Speak of the devil, that just happened to me five minutes ago. Except it's not my house. Is your mom asian that could explain alot. Asian parents are quite Insane. Well my mother is and other people's parents I know. My mother also likes to repeat things she said ten seconds ago as If i didn't hear her the last 56 times. But my mother didn't demand respect she demand money for a rent and my laundry. I simply ignore her and change subjects constanly when I know I might get in trouble.
sad
Apr 1, 2008 4:54 PM

Nov 2007
Sounds like she's a nutcase. Move away and never see her again. S'what I did with my father years ago. Try to move a few states away, and if possible, don't give any family that would tell her, your address.
Apr 1, 2008 5:01 PM

Sep 2007
bitchslap her
Apr 1, 2008 5:03 PM

Nov 2007
blockhead said:
bitchslap her

Thats a good idea.
sad
Apr 1, 2008 5:35 PM

Aug 2006
Honestly, if you can't be reasonable with her, if she won't talk things out, you either need to: up and leave, kick her out, or call the authorities. And no, calling the cops or whomever on someone you really care for (even if she is crazy (yes, I have had a personal experience)) is not an easy decision to make or action to go through with.

It sounds like what she really needs is a shrink.
#dontcare
Apr 1, 2008 5:59 PM

Oct 2007
blockhead said:
bitchslap her
And tell her to get back to the kitchen. That'll really help you improve your relationship with her.
Apr 1, 2008 6:21 PM
Aug 2007
Lol, it's your house? Kick her ass to the curb then.
Apr 1, 2008 7:21 PM

Jan 2008
blockhead said:
bitchslap her

That's not nice.

But do it anyways
Apr 1, 2008 7:23 PM
Jul 2018
wtfyourface said:
Lol, it's your house? Kick her ass to the curb then.

i have to agree
Apr 1, 2008 8:29 PM

Feb 2007
point a gun to her face/
Apr 1, 2008 8:45 PM

Sep 2007
selective_yellow said:
point a gun to her face/

lol
break her arms and legs and throw her in a river
Apr 1, 2008 9:29 PM

Nov 2007
selective_yellow said:
point a gun to her face/

Shigofumi has really taught us how to treat parents huh? O:

If it's your house, just tell her to comply by your rules or kick her out. As an adult you have every right to do so, even if she's your mother ;x

Apr 1, 2008 9:41 PM

Apr 2007
Do not listen to anyone else in this thread -- they're not thinking rationally. You must do the following:

1. Jack up her rent. I suggest 50%.
2. Make sure to claim her as a dependent on your taxes. If you must kick her out, wait until July 1 so you can claim her as being there half of the year.
3. Slowly and subtly start turning down the heat in her room. This has a twofold purpose. First it saves on your energy bill, and second, older people are highly sensitive to cold weather and become more dormant when exposed to it. They're a lot like reptiles in this sense.

If you do this, not only will she stop bothering you, you'll pad your wallet. I mean, don't get me wrong -- family is important and all, but business is business.
Apr 2, 2008 9:56 AM

Mar 2008
keke

some good ideas here. But something does need to be done. Got an electrician coming friday to restore my powerpoints. I not going to talk to her right now, Thats just how I feel.

Its just I've explained all whats happening to my dad, and he see's no problem with it (my parents r divorced btw). So its not like I am rebelling... theres nothing too this situation other than she wants control of me. plus shes one of the most laziest people I've known. My stepdad supports her also no mater what (yes she gives him alot of shit too and he just puts up with it)

Anyway, I thinking on a solution.
Coming soon!
Apr 2, 2008 10:51 AM

Aug 2006
Iri said:
Do not listen to anyone else in this thread -- they're not thinking rationally.

2. Make sure to claim her as a dependent on your taxes. If you must kick her out, wait until July 1 so you can claim her as being there half of the year.
3. Slowly and subtly start turning down the heat in her room. This has a twofold purpose. First it saves on your energy bill, and second, older people are highly sensitive to cold weather and become more dormant when exposed to it. They're a lot like reptiles in this sense.

Not EVERYBODY, but whatever.

If she earns over a certain amount of money a year, she can't be claimed as a dependent on taxes. I think it's something like over 3k a year (at least for MD, I'm not sure on federal but I have a hunch it's similar or the same.

Turning down her heat is just going to bug her, even if it is gradually. Probably not the best idea to do. Most people, rather than staying "dormant" would go and turn the heat up more, until they realize that someone is turning it down on them. At that point things get more ugly.

As I said dude, don't wait around expecting her to change. It's sad, but people won't change unless by their own volition. If you really hit a wall, call authorities to help you out. Some sort of family services, or even possibly a lawyer (pretty sure there's some family lawyers that will do consultations over the phone or in office for free (or a very minimal fee.))
#dontcare
Apr 5, 2008 12:06 PM

Feb 2008
I just say yes mum for not start a big discussion..
Apr 9, 2008 3:20 AM

Mar 2008
Thats sad.. I love my mom. She's totally awesome and the best in the world! She raised me well and I thank her for that :)
You should definetly do something about the situation but it would be sad to lose all contact with her.
Apr 9, 2008 3:35 AM

Nov 2007
I love my mum too. She's visiting tomorrow and giving me her HDTV to replace my crappy CRT in the living room.

So now I have my 24" monitor, a 32" LCD HDTV as secondary monitor/anime screen, and tomorrow I'll have a 28" LCD HDTV for the living room (where my satellite TV box is) so... yay. <3
Apr 9, 2008 4:44 AM

Aug 2007
My mummy is lovely and she let's me go on her computer all the time.
^o^
She doesn't mind me watching anime as long as I get up and do the washing up once in a while and she doesn't even ask or try to find out what kind of anime I'm watching... Yay :3
Apr 9, 2008 5:12 AM

Jun 2007
Never had problems with my parents except for when i got in trouble at school(fighting,bad grades ect;)

Of course i haven't lived with my parents for almost 5 years now.
Apr 9, 2008 5:25 AM

Mar 2008
well.. if someone asks me .. i don't have parents.

my father always denied being my father till a court sentenced him to accept it due to positive dna tests, my mother never gave a damn and always made us kids responsible for her poverty and called me a liar when my brother abused me when i was 7, always threatened to throw me out of the house if i wouldn't do as my lil sis wants me to (e.g. let her use my name to get a cell phone, homephone and use all my things (oh and she even broke in my closet to get on my things while i was on vacation and i had to shut up about it)). furthermore noone of my fam bothered telling me that i became aunt when my lil sis gave birth to her kid. i only got to know bout it by accident when a friend of mine who's also friends with my fam called and told me about it, not knowing i didn't know.
so yea..

anyone wanna cry about his bitching mom again?

.: | I LOVE U PETE!! AND YES I WANNA MARRY AND START A FAMILY WITH U!!!!! |:.

.: | Being able to read and think at the same time is an advantage. | :.

.: |
Rule #1 San is always right! Rule #2 If in doubt or wrong refer to Rule #1! | :.

さん
Apr 9, 2008 5:39 AM

Jan 2008
If its your parents house, its their rules. Just put up with it or move out. Unless they're literally trying to kill you in which case call The Equalizer.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.