Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Sep 9, 2020 7:38 PM

Nov 2015
Not exactly awe-inspiring, but pretty funny and cute. Looks like it will be a good show to relax and watch.
Risk something, take back what's yours
Say something they know they might attack you for.
--Linkin Park, "Hands Held High"
Sep 11, 2020 3:46 PM
Feb 2018
I know Monica rial is the most popular voice actor but she suits the role well
Sep 12, 2020 4:15 AM
Aug 2010
She sound like a old smoker sucking on helium.
Sep 15, 2020 12:13 PM

Mar 2013
SkyLETV said:
Oh my God, Uzaki is so annoying, but not in a bad way. Well, maybe at first, but seeing more of her dynamic with Sakurai, I ended up having a lot of fun. My favorite part was with the massage chair, with the constant reminder that she was indeed just sitting in a massage chair xD. The phrasing gag was also pretty funny.

Ecchi is indeed SUGOI DEKAI, boob grab included. Satania/Kiriha's seiyuu fits perfectly as Uzaki, great job on her part. But why, why did she have to be another victim of a haircut? She looked better with long hair.

That cat... WTF

Exactly what i see, i really think the author made the design of the MC weird on purpose xD. I don't know it's kind of uncomfortable to look at.

Oct 1, 2020 11:30 PM

Dec 2009
9/10. Amazing adaption of Chapter 1-3. Although some events were mixed and changed on timeline.
As a fan who binge-read up to Chapter 55 in 2 days since September 1, I fucking adore this first episode. Loved the original introduction of her greeting him a year before and the evolution of why she decided to talk to him more as a loner, it may be somewhat in the later chapters but I don't remember exactly ... I have yet to reread up to Chapter 33 to compare.

I did not expect Uzaki to have that cute of a voice or a dialect but just like Sakurai who sounds a little rougher and deeper from expected they both greatly express the spirit of the character. Solid casting.
I look forward to watching the rest. Sakurai's angry outburts and Uzaki's enjoyment and laughter is fucking hilarious and adorable. The cat is pretty funny too.
I fucking love it all! Great anime adaption.

Interesting how they included his guilt of her nose as pretext to invite her to the movies even though in the manga there's no clear sign of that being the reason but it's most likely correct since he does spoil her whenever he feels guilty as a indirect apology later on which he rarely admits to.
As hoped, the massage chair scene was unexpectedly very sexy from her moans. Great directing. Love Sakurai's embarrassement through it all. The boob grab was great. The ending of her eating was fucking hilarious.

In the manga, the events happen in this order;
Chapter 1 (Baseball, Eating), Chapter 2 (Movie), Chapter 3 (Massage Chair/Vibration Plate, VR).
waalex11Oct 4, 2020 8:51 PM
Oct 2, 2020 3:31 AM

Aug 2020
Solid start of the series. Showing how Sakurai wasted a full year was a nice touch. Voted for 'liked it' because it's les than episode 8 for me.
Oct 6, 2020 6:30 PM

May 2015
I was grinning throughout most of this episode. I really like the dynamic. Its very similar to Aho Girl and that is one of my top 2 favourite comedy anime. My only concern with this anime is it looks like the comedy might get stale quick. Since they seem to have two things of: Uzaki being annoying and the guy be's nice and Uzaki takes advantage of that. Cause theres been a lot of good comedy anime that have only managed to stay funny during the first few episodes then after episode 6 it just doesnt give that same laughter as at the start. Mahou Shoujo Ore is probably the most extreme example of them having a unique gimic, it being the funniest shit ever for the first few episodes, then after like episode 5-6 it just isnt funny at all anymore cause the gimic wore out.

But it looks good so far. I can finally see what all the fuss is about lol. (That controversy is stupid af lol)

Im really interested in the voice actors. Ive watched so much anime that I can pretty much recognise any voice actor but both the MCs for this series have voices I havent really heard which was a pleasent surprise.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 18, 2020 10:56 PM

Feb 2019
My gosh, Uzaki-chan is so annoying. She just doesn't know when to leave a guy alone when he wants some alone time. Sure, I bet she likes him deep down or whatever but annoying him isn't going to get him anywhere (even though it probably will because it's anime). And her body proportions are just insane-- they're each literally as big as her head.
Nov 30, 2020 7:40 AM

Mar 2020
That was fun and engaging, I got a bit embarrassed by Uzaki whenever her tits bounced up and down, it must be such a pain in the ass to have boobs that big.
“Life is a constant process of dying.”
Dec 16, 2020 3:16 AM
Jun 2013
That was pretty entertaining. I find it funny how everyone thinks they are a couple also seems like she enjoyed that grabbing part. I didn't think they would hit the pervyness so fast. The dub aint bad ether.
May 7, 2021 3:09 AM

Jul 2015
Uzaki has somewhat good faith intentions in keeping Sakurai company, but her actions truly are troublesome. As someone who prefers his loner time, I can definitely feel the pain of being bothered constantly... curious to see how he's going to survive these 'hellish' college days

May 9, 2021 8:05 PM

Feb 2021
Lmao Uzaki is so naive lol. The VR scene was amazing though. Senpai got a lot more 'VR experience' then he expected.

Jun 16, 2021 12:06 PM

Apr 2013
Good first episode, even though it's pretty different to Takagi-san which I really enjoyed a lot. The college setting is definitely refreshing and the characters seem cool so far. Uzaki isn't too annoying and her senpai is not afraid to give her some payback.
Jun 23, 2021 5:41 AM

Jul 2019
He's a gentleman if nothing else.

Jul 28, 2021 12:39 AM

May 2021
I thought it was pretty good. The store / VR headset thing was funny.
Oct 11, 2021 6:05 PM

Jul 2017
The Ideal woman doesn't exi-

Dec 3, 2021 2:08 PM

Feb 2019
An anime features university students.

Uzaki-chan has serious big milkers for her small stature.

She's fun and upbeat. In contrast to the more quiet senpai.
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Apr 19, 2022 9:11 PM

Dec 2021
Oh hey, it's that male character from Aho-Girl, more or less. So far, the main female character has gross eyes, and one of those weird lip tumor things that people seem to like. Her seiyu is okay, and the MC has a good one too.

The "shocked cat" (Subjectively) isn't funny, but that's not really too important. It hasn't done anything amazing yet (Besides having a short character that somehow doesn't set of my built-in "kill the loli" alarm), but it hasn't made me horribly disgusted with the thought of me watching it (Unlike that other anime I refuse to mention a second time). Very few anime are able to hit a 10/10 homerun on the first episode, so maybe it'll get better.
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Aug 30, 2022 6:52 PM
May 2020
its mid af and lame
Aug 30, 2022 7:26 PM

Dec 2021
Soobrem said:
its mid af and lame

It didn't get better either.
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Sep 6, 2022 12:56 PM

May 2020
This first episode irked me for a reason, and that reason being the voices of our main characters. Feels too sluggish, just ain't the right pair I guess.

Other than that it's good to see this being in a college setting instead of dreadfully overused high/middle school setting. I'm already more than aware how this series works, so hopefully I do reach the summit instead of dropping hanger midway.
Oct 1, 2022 11:45 PM

Aug 2014
Hahahaah, Sakurai need to exercise his patience with Uzaki
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Oct 2, 2022 5:13 AM

Jun 2021
Yeah I came back here searching for the movie names which showed in this episode. Wandering if anyone gave the names of those, but nobody talked about them. So let me,,,,

They did alter the names but put original creator nations beside them. The original names are in order :_
1.Star wars: the force awakens / English
2.Avengers Infinity war / English
3.Golden kamuy / Japanese (not sure)
4.One million yen girl or Standing on a million lives / Japanese (I'd suggest you to watch the anime)
5.Josee, the tiger and the fish /japanese. this one also has an anime and a korean version (trust me don't watch the korean one)
6.The Godfather / English

Correct me if I'm wrong somewhere.

Also I didn't understand what she meant about the film they chose to watch if anyone did, feel free to share. image is shown

Personal thought:
I felt so much connection to the Mc of this anime. Maybe because he had similarities like mine. He was a baseball player in middle school, joined swimming club in highschool but in versity he is just idly passing his time :")
OP_RiderOct 2, 2022 5:21 AM
Yandere_@lover
Oct 10, 2022 11:30 AM
Jul 2022
Easily one of my favorite Comedy Anime if it weren't for the loli style female lead character.
I really like the dynamic between the main characters.

Great German Dub!
Oct 14, 2022 7:53 PM
Oct 2022
Anime noob trying to find something that draws me in, and Uzaki's energy is magnetic. Going to stick with this one for a few and see if it sticks.
Feb 7, 2023 12:41 PM
Jan 2023
Ep de introdução e tals, nada de mais eu diria.
May 27, 2023 9:59 PM

Dec 2022
It was pretty tame until the massage chair scene. Then the show's ecchi side finally started to come out hehe. It's definitely an interesting dynamic between the two so overall a promising series so far.
Dec 11, 2023 5:32 PM

Oct 2022
Finally, a slice of life about college students. So refreshing to see this. Also wtf is up with that cat.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2020

148 by Jomiman12 »»
Apr 24, 7:55 PM

Poll: » Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2020

105 by Igor5959 »»
Apr 10, 2:23 PM

Poll: » Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2020

94 by Auroralul »»
Mar 4, 6:57 PM

» Sakurai is on a different level

Bolbysaur - Feb 20

4 by Ugly11 »»
Feb 22, 1:02 AM

Poll: » Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2020

105 by LumeeeChan »»
Jan 18, 6:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.