Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 5, 2020 6:01 AM
Jul 2018
A spin off of Monster Musume? So far I haven't seen anything interesting, so I'll wait for another episode to see how it goes.
Jul 5, 2020 8:42 AM
Dec 2017
It kinds of remind me of daily lives with monster girls but he only has just one monster girl. But the only weird thing is that when he examines the patient, all the perverted thing go away and he just goes through it without getting perverted thoughts, and I liked that.
Jul 5, 2020 9:13 AM

Jul 2013
Terrible. Just terrible.

I went in to this legitimately excited because I thought the plot was actually kind of interesting.

I'm hit right off the bat with the moaning, and I'm already thinking this might not be for me. But then again, there have been some decent and enjoyable anime with ecchi themes if I just bare with the overt fanservice. So, I decide to trudge through it. I mean, it's just one episode right?

But, it just gets worse. The animation isn't great, the characters are not likable, and the comedy....isn't funny.

I actually found majority of the characters quite annoying. The Lamia in particular. I've never liked characters who blame and get angry at the MC for women randomly falling in love with him.

Also, the scene with the horseshoes really ticked me off. I came into this expecting an interesting, possibly feel-good, story about a doctor helping and befriending monster girls. But, he instead forces her to get horseshoes against her will despite supposedly being a doctor and stating the issue was not actually damaging her health at all. Then, what was the point? Is he just going to be forcing "treatments" on to patients to drag out some nonsensical ecchi? At that moment, I gave up all hope of the series having any true seriousness or fantastical realism actually incorporating what it means to be a doctor.

It's just a fanservice harem where the MC gets to feel up girls and have a bunch of monster girls worship him and want to have his babies.

I completely gave up when the lizard started glitching. The plot AND the animation sucks. The fanservice isn't even decent. There is no saving grace here. I was 1 minute from finishing the show, AND I TURNED IT OFF. Midsentence with seconds left to watch. That's how bad it is.

2/10
Jul 5, 2020 10:17 AM

Jan 2008
Girls are cute but so many shots of them being half cgi'd is rather unappealing, especially when in motion. Sapphee's tail movement just looks too unnatural and off most of the time. That drinking bit with her wrapping him was just so weird to watch especially when she unwrapped him and there was no change in his body to where he was literally still holding onto the drink perfectly fine. I think what disappointment me the most was how weak the lewds were, was really hoping to get another quality ecchi monster girl show but this is barely anything.
Jul 5, 2020 10:39 AM
Feb 2020
I actually enjoyed this. First time I've seen that the MC has a reason to ignore the advances, he's got that doctoring mindset and won't perv on the situations he comes across. Not there isn't implications, far too many if you ask me
vardavarr said:

Do you all understand what just happened?

She's supposed to be dodging the centaur's lance. They just forgot to animate the fucking lance in.

She's clearly not, jumping from side-to-side is standard in fighting, I think it's to keep limber and prepare to dodge.
mangaka-ish said:
Also, the scene with the horseshoes really ticked me off. I came into this expecting an interesting, possibly feel-good, story about a doctor helping and befriending monster girls. But, he instead forces her to get horseshoes against her will despite supposedly being a doctor and stating the issue was not actually damaging her health at all. Then, what was the point? Is he just going to be forcing "treatments" on to patients to drag out some nonsensical ecchi? At that moment, I gave up all hope of the series having any true seriousness or fantastical realism actually incorporating what it means to be a doctor.

I guess you've never cared for a horse?
The cleaning the hooves and horseshoes are actually health related. The balance and foot injuries add up, eventually leading to health problems and the horseshoes help the situation (they still need to be replaced routinely) and for the centaur here it was negatively affecting her mental state, which is a serious problem doctors deal with at times
BastionoJul 5, 2020 11:03 AM
Jul 5, 2020 10:51 AM
Jul 2018
Funny episode. It's been some time that we've gotten another monster harem series. Though I'd be lying if I said the monster girls didn't exactly feel like Déjà vu.
Jul 5, 2020 2:09 PM

Sep 2018
Is there going to be an uncensored version of this? Or is it not trashy enough to have nude scenes?
Jul 5, 2020 2:48 PM

Apr 2015
Ngl I thought this was gonna be way more lewd, but in the end it was pretty tame with a bit of moaning here and there... I wonder if things might get more lewd though, but I am not going to be surprised if this is more on the wholesome kind of ecchi.

Not too much to say from this episode itself, other than that the art/animation quality isn't so good! I will stick with it, just to see where this will go.
Jul 5, 2020 8:51 PM

May 2020
It's an average rip-off of original MonMusu. Kept in its own proportion, it's interesting to relax.

Good to watch with the brain turned off.
α›­
π•Ώπ–†π–“π–žπ–† 𝖛𝖔𝖓 π•―π–Šπ–Œπ–šπ–—π–Šπ–ˆπ–π–†π–‹π–‹ 𝖍𝖆𝖙 π–“π–Žπ–ˆπ–π–™π–˜ π–‹π–†π–‘π–˜π–ˆπ– π–Œπ–Šπ–’π–†π–ˆπ–π–™.

Jul 5, 2020 10:12 PM
Apr 2016
Lol the Lamia just spew out her background story with the doctor in normal conversation for no reason
"Hello Doctor whom is my childhood friends and go to the same school together with"
Jul 6, 2020 12:05 AM
Feb 2020
After the first episode I have high expectations, already in love with the girl doctor (lamias are top tier lovers) the animation was a little bit weird but they still managed to deliver a good show, I'm exited for this season overall!
Jul 6, 2020 1:03 AM
Apr 2018
CGI and the animations felt a bit choppy and MC seems bland but the fanservice, that isnt too much, makes up for it.
Probably gonna fapservice this series.
Jul 6, 2020 8:31 AM
Feb 2019
While it was an enjoyable first episode, it still felt kinda bland. If that's how it's gonna stay in quality, I will drop it after 2 episodes.
Jul 6, 2020 9:41 AM

Feb 2019
Goddammit, Catgirls are the best.
Jul 6, 2020 2:29 PM
Aug 2018
Bastiono said:
I actually enjoyed this. First time I've seen that the MC has a reason to ignore the advances, he's got that doctoring mindset and won't perv on the situations he comes across. Not there isn't implications, far too many if you ask me
vardavarr said:

She's supposed to be dodging the centaur's lance. They just forgot to animate the fucking lance in.

She's clearly not, jumping from side-to-side is standard in fighting, I think it's to keep limber and prepare to dodge.

Nah dude, you didn't look at the very last part, around 22:04. She literally just spams out for absolutely no reason. It's clear that, at the very least, that part is fucked up. Given that context, and how unnatural the animation for the side-to-side moving is, I think it's definitely safe to say the moments before it are also fucked up.

And even if the side-to-side thing was intentional, 22:04 is still unforgivably egregious.
Jul 6, 2020 4:06 PM
Feb 2020
vardavarr said:
Nah dude, you didn't look at the very last part, around 22:04. She literally just spams out for absolutely no reason. It's clear that, at the very least, that part is fucked up. Given that context, and how unnatural the animation for the side-to-side moving is, I think it's definitely safe to say the moments before it are also fucked up.

And even if the side-to-side thing was intentional, 22:04 is still unforgivably egregious.

I'm not trying to excuse the animation, but we know nothing about lizardfolk battletactics, and I had no problem with the sequence knowing a minor amount of real fighters, it seems perfectly reasonable for their build.
We saw where the opponent was and there's no reasonable explanation for why the lance would be anywhere near her
Jul 6, 2020 4:43 PM
Aug 2018
Well. It is not the meaning of life but it is not a boring anime either. I will give it a chance to watch the second episode.

It is done.
Jul 6, 2020 5:24 PM
May 2018
This is literally some of the worst shit I have ever seen. Awful art, CGI, and animation. Bad and obnoxious music and VAs. Bland and uninspired character design and plot. Pitiful excuse for ecchi, or comedy for that matter. "Animation" was literally just moving the frame up and down. Near the end they literally did exactly this to show the centaur girl rearing up and down (like how fucking hard is it to animate rearing up and down a couple times???). Just simply boring, annoying, and uninspired, I was barely able to make it through the first episode. All it did was make me want to watch a vastly superior monster girl show like Monster Musume or Ishuzoku Reviewers.
MrRyzGuyJul 6, 2020 6:04 PM
Jul 6, 2020 6:06 PM

Jan 2020
I'm disappointed.

I'll leave it at that.

Bandori is love <3 Bandori is life <3
Jul 6, 2020 8:13 PM

Mar 2009
Why did she stick her tail down the centaur lady's throat?

This was...not good, unfortunately. Why didn't we ever get another season of Monster Musume, by the way?
Jul 7, 2020 7:33 AM
May 2015
Not a bad debut, but it's so close to MonMusu it's almost a sequel.

Jul 7, 2020 12:31 PM
Feb 2018
the characters are clones of Monster Musume Saphnee=Miia and Tisalia=Cerea looking like Mero clone joins the cast and I love it please English dub
Jul 7, 2020 1:46 PM

Jul 2013
Bastiono said:
vardavarr said:

mangaka-ish said:

I guess you've never cared for a horse?
The cleaning the hooves and horseshoes are actually health related. The balance and foot injuries add up, eventually leading to health problems and the horseshoes help the situation (they still need to be replaced routinely) and for the centaur here it was negatively affecting her mental state, which is a serious problem doctors deal with at times

Most people haven't cared for horses.

So, if it was an actual health issue, it would have helped to mention that. Though part of me still doubts it is due to the fact she seems to be a matured centaur. If the horseshoes were an actual health issue, wouldn't she have seen the effects far sooner?

As for the mental aspect, he's supposed to be a doctor dealing with the body, and he still has 0 jurisdiction to force a treatment on a patient unless it's an immediate medical emergency.
Jul 8, 2020 5:45 AM

Dec 2016
minniemoon said:
There were points during this where I just kept thinking "is this legal? like, can a doctor do that to a patient?"

I know it's just an excuse to feel up monster girls in a semi-realistic circumstance, but I actually would've liked it more without the medical angle to it. Couldn't get through the first episode, but I hope others find it enjoyable!

Same, I was expecting samething more like this Doctor Tries Answering What He’d Do If A Centaur Had A Heart Attack after reading summary and watching trailers.
but I guess maybe we have similar situation like with SAO in which author doesn't care as much about a setting or in-universe logic.

Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.163/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.85/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Jul 8, 2020 7:53 AM

Sep 2015
Piromysl said:
I'm pretty sure I've seen this artstyle in some Hentai.
Probably in Bunnywalker's.
Anyone else?

I haven't started the series yet, but the illustrator of the light novel is a hentai artist who runs by the name Z-ton. If the series kept his art style, the I guess you could have seen it in hentai.
Jul 8, 2020 10:50 AM
Feb 2020
mangaka-ish said:
So, if it was an actual health issue, it would have helped to mention that. Though part of me still doubts it is due to the fact she seems to be a matured centaur. If the horseshoes were an actual health issue, wouldn't she have seen the effects far sooner?

As for the mental aspect, he's supposed to be a doctor dealing with the body, and he still has 0 jurisdiction to force a treatment on a patient unless it's an immediate medical emergency.

I haven't cared for horses either, that's just how basic this knowledge should be

As he states in the episode, it's not an (immediate) health risk, but the other minotaurs have shoes indicates it's often used. It's usually just a preventative, if she were to get rock in her hoof, she wouldn't even be able to carry a cart.

Doctors are often called on for mental conditions, I'm getting an MRI when doctors have confirmed there's no mental component.
Plus her maids did come to him with the information. Doctors don't ONLY deal with the body, that's their primary attention, and they'll refer a better doctor for some issues, if it's something simple they won't bother, plus this did have a physical component, as explained
BastionoJul 8, 2020 10:54 AM
Jul 8, 2020 10:55 AM

Jul 2013
Bastiono said:
mangaka-ish said:

As he states in the episode, it's not an (immediate) health risk, but the other minotaurs have shoes indicates it's often used. It's usually just a preventative, if she were to get rock in her hoof, she wouldn't even be able to carry a cart.

Doctors are often called on for mental conditions, I'm getting an MRI when doctors have confirmed there's no mental component.
Plus her maids did come to him with the information. Doctors don't ONLY deal with the body, that's their primary attention, and they'll refer a better doctor for some issues, if it's something simple they won't bother, plus this did have a physical component, as explained

I'd agree to disagree.

That's not the perspective I had on the scene, but it's not a big enough issue to keep discussing. Mostly because it's more based on my own personal annoyance against the handling of the scene more than anything.
Jul 9, 2020 8:24 AM

Jul 2011
I do not want to compare this to Monster Musume but it's almost impossible because the characters look so much alike. It's almost like an alternate setting.

Good first episode.
Was anime really a mistake tho
Jul 9, 2020 10:29 AM

Jun 2013
i don't know it's just very generic
Jul 9, 2020 4:54 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
This was a more pleasant watch than I thought it would be. The art style isn't too bad, but the animation was rough, especially the use of ugly CG when more movement was required for a character.

This is basically Monster Musume and that Monster Girl High School show (the one with the teacher) mixed into one.

Sapphie was really cute, and I like her design. But I have to say, I'm a total sucker for the uppity, Ojou-sama types that think they're better than everyone else. ESPECIALLY if she's a busty and blonde centaur. I hope we see more of her.

Overall I liked what I saw, despite it being pretty cheap looking.
Jul 10, 2020 1:53 AM
Jul 2018
Character designs were solid but the animation is just plain bad.
Jul 10, 2020 8:25 AM
Jul 2019
So i just watched the first episode and going in to it i was really excited and was really hoping this would be a good substitute for Monmusu as i loved that anime.

i was rather disappointed, i dont think it was as funny as Monmusu and its no where near as lewd, was very surprised at the fact it had no nudity. do you think it might have some later down the line?

As for the monster girls them self's, they are cute and they do remind me of the ones from Monmusu alot.

Im going to stick with it for now, but i really hope it gets a bit more lewd id very much like some nudity & i hope the humor improves a bit.
Mr-J-91 Here Looking For Good Anime
Jul 10, 2020 12:09 PM

Apr 2011
Nope, for better or worse there will be none. Ecchi is here mostly just for form and it's manly about monster girl healthcare and world building.

Jul 10, 2020 12:43 PM
Jul 2019
Tenzen12 said:
Nope, for better or worse there will be none. Ecchi is here mostly just for form and it's manly about monster girl healthcare and world building.

thats a shame, maybe if this series gets some OVAs we might get some nudity in them
Mr-J-91 Here Looking For Good Anime
Jul 10, 2020 1:29 PM
Jul 2018
Watching this anime was the equivalent of eating cereal without any taste: you don't dislike it, but you don't really like it either.

This anime offers...nothing new or interesting. The premise is kinda cool, but the execution is as bland as it could get. The MC is as generic as he can possibly come. As sexy as the snake girl's outfit is, her only personality trait is that she likes the MC. Why can't there be more waifus in anime whose personalities DON'T completely revolve around the self-insert MC? Am I the only one who thinks waifus who have multi-layered personalities, with flaws, aspirations, outside of the self-insert MC are more attractive?

Maybe if I was reading the manga (which I really can't, since only the first few chapters are translated), I would MAYBE read this series, since I could zoom by a chapter in 5 minutes...but I won't spend 20 minutes watching an episode of this bland, milk toast, when I could spent that 20 minutes watching something so much better. Hell, I'm watching Re: Zero season 2 which I don't even like, but is far more interesting than this crap.

I know it seems like I'm a hypocrite, since I read Monster Musume, but Monster Musume felt so much more wholesome by the likeable characters and their fun dynamics, and the kinda interesting side stories.

Todd_ said:
that Monster Girl High School show (the one with the teacher) mixed into one.

What's the name of the show?
Jul 10, 2020 1:53 PM

Feb 2007
AbsurdTurk said:

Demi-chan wa Kataritai, I believe.
Jul 10, 2020 1:58 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
AbsurdTurk said:

Yep, that's the one. Was just too lazy to look it up myself.
Jul 12, 2020 12:10 AM

Feb 2019
meh, honestly there are better ecchi series out there man.
actually nevermind this is literally one of the worse anime I have laid my eyes on haha, you can miss me with this shit. sorry to anyone that liked this show but man... this aint it chief

I actually liked bokutachi ga benkyou dekinai with the same studio's name on it, what happened?
Jul 12, 2020 1:41 AM
Apr 2016
I think they had like zero budget and had to finish it during coronavirus pandemic while everyone was working at home lol

There are so many animation error that are horrible to watch
Jul 12, 2020 12:24 PM

Apr 2014
Japan needs to stop with these weird animal hentai shits.
Jul 12, 2020 1:35 PM

Aug 2012
Sapphee has more jealousy than Miia lol.
Jul 12, 2020 5:46 PM
Feb 2020
Man we need the second episode already what the "heck"
Jul 12, 2020 5:52 PM

Aug 2013
Welp, that was bad. I'll give it one more episode.
Jul 12, 2020 6:16 PM

Mar 2014
this shit reminds me of a hentai series named Shikkoku no Shaga, especially the art style which is pretty similar.
Jul 12, 2020 9:56 PM
Apr 2016
Bastiono said:
I'm not trying to excuse the animation, but we know nothing about lizardfolk battletactics, and I had no problem with the sequence knowing a minor amount of real fighters, it seems perfectly reasonable for their build.
We saw where the opponent was and there's no reasonable explanation for why the lance would be anywhere near her

Actually, jumping around like that is a horrible thing to do in a fight. It's common in anime fights to keep motion going in a scene that would otherwise be static, but that hopping back and forth would be awful in a real fight. We can't air strafe and you're literally not grounded. Getting hit while your feet off the ground will put you on your ass.

You're likely thinking of the "boxer's bounce", which the lizard girl is not doing at all. She's doing overexaggerated and poorly animated Naruto shit. And gets dropped in one invisible hit.

_271032 said:
A spin off of Monster Musume? So far I haven't seen anything interesting, so I'll wait for another episode to see how it goes.

"Monster Musume" roughly translates to "Monster Girl". There were series with the name before Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou and there are plenty after it. They're not connected nor are they spin-offs of one another.

...though the author of Doctor is doing a light novel for MonMusu
Jul 13, 2020 1:10 PM

May 2018
Had a bit more interest for this series than I would have for some other random ecchi because of the director, Iwasaki Yoshiaki. He directed Love Hina (it holds a massive nostalgic value to me), BokuBen (I loved it) and that mom isekai (it was trashy but ok).
First episode was ok. I like the attitude of the MC, he doesn't use his position to grope girls but at the same time he isn't some schoolboy blushing at literally everything, he just calmly does his work. Ecchi was pretty tame I guess (though I was caught off guard a bit when Sapphee shoved her tail in centaur girl's mouth, lol), girls are fairly cute. Of course it has harem potential but I hope they explore the relationship of Sapphee and Glenn more, she is overpossessive but maybe over the time she starts trusting him more.
Much better than Peter Grill, still have to watch Dokyuu Hentai but ngl my expectations are very low.
4/5.
Jul 13, 2020 11:15 PM
Jul 2017
Man, airheaded lamias. First, Miia, and now Sapphee. Sapphee is an airheaded lamia nurse that is Dr. Glenn's assistant. The centaur girl was struggling with her battles at the arena lately.
Jul 14, 2020 5:51 AM
Jul 2018
SirChuckles said:
Bastiono said:

Actually, jumping around like that is a horrible thing to do in a fight. It's common in anime fights to keep motion going in a scene that would otherwise be static, but that hopping back and forth would be awful in a real fight. We can't air strafe and you're literally not grounded. Getting hit while your feet off the ground will put you on your ass.

You're likely thinking of the "boxer's bounce", which the lizard girl is not doing at all. She's doing overexaggerated and poorly animated Naruto shit. And gets dropped in one invisible hit.

_271032 said:

"Monster Musume" roughly translates to "Monster Girl". There were series with the name before Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou and there are plenty after it. They're not connected nor are they spin-offs of one another.

...though the author of Doctor is doing a light novel for MonMusu
Ah yes, of the anime you say I've already seen it and that's the one I meant. It's funny that both protagonists have a Lamia as a companion. I'm sure both authors know each other.
Jul 14, 2020 9:17 AM
Feb 2020
SirChuckles said:

Actually, what I'm thinking of is runners who keep moving even while stopped. I've seen lots of anime fights where both combatants are static, staring at each other, this isn't close to that
Was she still jumping around when the centaur got close? No
Thus there was no threat of being hit when she was jumping.
When you've got a smaller frame, you need to keep the blood flowing, aka moving
Jul 14, 2020 3:34 PM

Nov 2009
more Monster Musume, I love them. (and not just cause a lot of them look lewd, hehe)

But series with cute Monster Girls are always fun to watch/ read.

(also, they're mainly 70~80% Humanoids with human body parts and heads, so not full furry like a lot of the males, cause I don't really like full furry... they kinda turns me off)

IE:

https://i.postimg.cc/JhFXY9cS/Monster-Categorize.jpg

I am into # 1 and 2, and turn-off by 3 and 4

___ ___ ___

BTW, I noticed a trend... it seems that all MC's companions in any Monster Girl series... is always a Lamia... LUL

And LUL @ Sapphee sticking her tail into Tisalia mouth.
amlgJul 14, 2020 4:19 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monster Musume no Oishasan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2020

68 by bakakisima »»
Jan 19, 11:56 AM

Poll: » Monster Musume no Oishasan Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2020

31 by bakakisima »»
Jan 19, 7:54 AM

Poll: » Monster Musume no Oisha-san Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 9, 2020

51 by bakakisima »»
Jan 18, 11:24 AM

Poll: » Monster Musume no Oisha-san Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 2, 2020

56 by bakakisima »»
Jan 18, 10:56 AM

» Season 2

YoukaiKouhai - Sep 27, 2020

16 by falko92 »»
Nov 7, 2023 6:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.