Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 8, 2020 6:49 AM
Aug 2020
Anyone know when the next Arc will hit Netflix?
Sep 8, 2020 4:35 PM

Apr 2017
Laurent loves Edamura let the ship sail
Sep 10, 2020 4:36 PM
Aug 2020
great ending to the arc, i wonder who's Dorthy is to Laurent
Sep 11, 2020 6:36 AM

May 2012
Pretty impressive story up to now to be honest, was thinking of waiting until this completely finished and was on Netfli, but I am actually glad to have watched it today.

The three stories are really interesting on their own, all have interesting character development in present and past, the conclusions are always really impressive and give it a nice touch for the viewers.

Really looking forwards for the next episodes and probably two cases that would be left counting the episode numbers and how they go about it with each case.

So yea I really enjoyed watching this up to this and looking forwards for the next cases.

The ED itself was also just amazing, from the second I heard Freddy I just knew it was going to be great, and it sure was!

Quite lovely anime up to now I must say
Sep 11, 2020 1:02 PM
Oct 2018
nonemukun said:
I can't get why Cynthia and Tomas didn't fall in love again after all,but nah,i can get it actually.
They just forgave each other and let their old feelings and trauma go.
Love is something that can expired really fast,moreover,i don't think Cynthia loved him,this b*tch just enjoyed the fact poor artist tomas draws portraits from her and when he stopped doing it,she just left him alone lol.

I hope this last line was a troll. Otherwise, go and watch the episodes again because you didn't understand shit.
Sep 11, 2020 8:43 PM

Feb 2016
This show truly made my day it's a hidden gem , i dont remember how many times i hesitsted before finally giving it a chance, bravo wit studio...
Sep 24, 2020 4:12 PM

Jun 2017
This series has truly become one of my favorites! As said above, it really is a hidden gem. I can't wait till the rest of the episodes come on Netflix.
Sep 29, 2020 8:03 PM

Jul 2012
HagePotPotato said:
Not buying it. There was literally NO POINT in having that dude paint a forgery. No point in finding him at all. No point in his backstory with Cynthia. No point to any of it. They could've just sold Coleman the real painting without all the shenanigans and nothing would've changed.

I feel like this show loves the "cop out" ending. Soybean is a wuss. Turns himself into the cops and gives away all his money? Intentionally switches the paintings and gives the family he accidentally screwed over the fake one? After keeping the ring for years and finally meeting the man she loved again, their ending was her throwing the ring in the river? Lol wut. That's not funny because it's funny. It's just laughably dumb.

As much as I'm enjoying this series and this arc particularly, I have to agree with this.
I didn't understand her dynamic with him at the end and she throwing the ring away.
And knowing that they sold the real painting to the guy left me thinking that exactly: What was the point in introducing Thomas?

Oh, by the way. In the auction Edamame received people at the entrance and Kudo played one of the bidders, but... didn't they show up at Farrah's place days ago searching for termites and shit? What if she recognized them? Pretty risky thing to do.
HikariShoumeironSep 29, 2020 8:11 PM
Sep 30, 2020 10:16 PM
Jun 2020
Weezneez said:
I've been loving this show as a whole so far, it seems to get stronger and stronger with each arc and I absolutely love that. Seeing another side of Cynthia was great and I'm realy glad at how they concluded this arc. Cynthia and her ex finally getting some kind of closure on their relationship felt satisfying. Really looking forward to Laurent's arc, I just know it's gonna scam some tears out of me and I'm all for it.
All I can say is that I predict my tears after Laurent’s arc will fill a pool. I FEEL YOU! 😭
Oct 1, 2020 7:56 PM
Aug 2017
YoseiEgg said:
Loved the arc, and I feel the same about what Makoto did, but they took it better than I did. Gonna guess that Dorothy is Laurent's late fiancee/wife and whatever happened to her made him turn to a life of conning only bad people.
uhm Conning Bad people was the Groups Rule from the very beginning it's not because of Dorothy's death ..
Oct 1, 2020 9:39 PM
Feb 2017

An initially simple anime that becomes one of the best animes I have watched in my entire life. A rare jewel in a sea of ​​bad things. I highly recommend the anime.
Oct 3, 2020 4:53 AM
May 2015
Hetsugane said:
YoseiEgg said:
Loved the arc, and I feel the same about what Makoto did, but they took it better than I did. Gonna guess that Dorothy is Laurent's late fiancee/wife and whatever happened to her made him turn to a life of conning only bad people.
uhm Conning Bad people was the Groups Rule from the very beginning it's not because of Dorothy's death ..

i made this comment before I watched the final arc...
Oct 26, 2020 12:08 AM
Apr 2014
The romantic subplot was really cute and humbled Cynthia's character~ As much as I wanted her and Thomas to get together, it's more realistic for them to go there separate ways, sort of like them finally letting go of the past and moving on. This show is good at story telling and keeping each arc uniquely different and entertaining, can't wait to watch the next arc ~
Nov 19, 2020 4:25 PM
Oct 2011
Just voicing my thoughts on some points brought up.

Why did Edamame switch the painting? Isn't the boarding house daughter/father still cheated out of their painting?

- they didn't really care about authenticity of the painting as they had originally put up the painting while thinking it was painted by a nobody.
- they didn't seem too bothered about money, but even if they did a large portion of the 100million could have been given to them as well.
- but most importantly, a lot of people are forgetting that Thomas put himself into massive debt to buy back all his fakes. He really didn't want people to view his fake work thinking it was from the actual painter. he only agreed to create this fake because of Cynthia.

No point in introducing Thomas, whole plan would have worked exactly the same without him.

- the painting would still have been missing from the boarding house. The daughter seemed to have a small liking for it. Not because it was drawn by a famous author, but just how it looked. and now she likes it even more.
- in terms of making the 100 million, yes Thomas was totally unnecessary. But the whole point of the arc(and the whole show,really) was not to make any amount of money. The goal in this arc was to give Cynthia closure and that was why Thomas had to be involved.
Dec 6, 2020 6:34 AM

Jul 2017
Lovely conclusion to a pretty fantastic arc in rewatch. Coleman losing everything was damn satisfying to watch, from Farrah to all his paintings and money despite owning the original Snow of London again due to Makoto switching the paintings and giving back Marie and Sebastien the forgery Thomas painted, since he witnessed first hand the amount of affection and dedication Thomas put into that painting to help them out.

Cynthia also meeting up with Thomas, getting some closure and throwing the drawing of the ring and the case into a river was a pretty lukewarm and fitting conclusion to her chapter with Thomas and a signal of her truly wanting to move on now, at least she got her revenge against Coleman by making him dish out 100 million big ones for that painting when he had nowhere near that amount of money, especially with Farrah realizing the truth of how Coleman feels about her and pulling out of helping him.
Dec 6, 2020 9:16 PM

Sep 2018
That's it?? That's the closure? I hate it :(
Dec 7, 2020 1:06 PM

Nov 2015
I loved this anime SO MUCH. I was not expecting anything, but having watched and loved choral anime of the same type like Baccano durarara lupin etc I gave it a chance and im so glad I did.
the ending was a cliffhanger so I REALLY HOPE they're gonna realize a season 3 because I need more.
Dec 10, 2020 5:36 AM

Apr 2020
So the Snow painting in London that was sold was the original painting.

wait, who is Dorothy? I'm more and more curious
Dec 18, 2020 1:36 PM

Mar 2020
What a great way to end the arc! The tension in the auction room with Cynthia and Coleman competing for Snow in London was palpable! I thoroughly enjoyed watching Coleman squirm! He ended up getting the genuine painting in the end because of Makoto's switch, but now he's flat broke and in debt just like Thomas was shortly before. Serves the pompous, gold-digging womanizer right.
Dec 18, 2020 1:42 PM

Mar 2020
solidss said:
Laurent loves Edamura let the ship sail

Dude, Laurent and Makoto are at least 10-12 years apart. Besides, the show is clearly pushing Makoto and Abby together.
Dec 26, 2020 2:21 AM
Apr 2020
This anime literally gets better with each arc. This was an incredible arc in terms of writing, the love story between Cynthia and Thomas was really sweet/sad. I'm glad it ended the way it did though, I would've been sadder if Cynthia wasn't a part of the crew. 10/10, and I cannot wait for the next arc
Jan 3, 2021 2:28 PM

Mar 2010
Damn that was a lot to take in. But glad she finally moved on. The past is all great, but we must all move on.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 6, 2021 10:49 PM

Jul 2016
Great Pretender best "feel-good" anime of 2020? I mean, even Fara managed to get a happy ending with her butler in the end.

Overall, best arc of the series so far. Its start was kinda slow but its execution throughout these last four episodes ended up being more than decent in my book and unlike previous cases, I liked how this one didn't have to rely too much on coincidences and luck for its final success.
Jan 12, 2021 3:36 AM

May 2020
It is really sad knowing that they didn't end up together, but I kind of think that this is just how reality works. Sometimes things just don't end up the way you expect them to be. I could say the ending gave me a bittersweet feeling.

Jan 14, 2021 4:23 AM

Mar 2015
In the end I'm glad Fara was spared, and justice was done on Coleman as it should be! I love Edamame's twist about swapping the paintings too!

The character development is really nice in this series and it looks like Laurent is up next!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 25, 2021 4:05 AM

Aug 2018
Interesting and great episode, I was expecting that something with real and forged painting will go down not as planned.

That scene in red wall room with all those paintings is most likely a reference to a 2013 film 'The best offer' , because its literaly same but with white walls
Feb 15, 2021 2:51 PM

Aug 2017
I could say Cynthia's story has a better conclusion than Abby's story from the last arc. I also appreciate Edamame did the switch after seeing how Thomas worked for that painting.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 7, 2021 5:28 AM

Jun 2020
I’m glad that Fara knew that she was not alone & still had Tim by her side in the end. He’s far better than that pig. FAR better by MILES.

Agreed that Cynthia’s past with Thomas really humbled her as a character. They parted ways but got their closure. That was bittersweet. Really enjoyed the Snow of London episodes!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Apr 25, 2021 3:54 PM
Mar 2019
I should have known that Edamura was gonna switch the paintings. I was wondering what was gonna be the twist. I really wanted Coleman to get the fake painting but no Edmaura had to be a goodie goodie and better himself. I really enjoyed this case it's the best one.

Jul 7, 2021 12:02 PM

Jul 2015
Even though that bastard got the real painting (for 80 mil more than its original worth), I'm glad Edamame swapped out the fake for it considering the off-chance Coleman would've noticed it being a fake and also the sentimental value of Thomas having worked on it.

Jul 7, 2021 4:10 PM

Apr 2018
In the end, the 007 guy got the real painting because Edumame felt bad. I understand the reason for it (They explained it). I'm glad that Thomas and Cnythia could have a proper conversation for the last time. Beautiful ending.
Doronthy? What's with our french con artist..

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 16, 2021 9:55 AM
Oct 2017
makuras said:
I know this is an episode discussion but I really need to know what japanese dialect makoto uses, so if anyone knows and thank you in advance.
hokkaidou dialect
Jul 21, 2021 12:16 AM
Nov 2019
Amazing episode and Emotional at the same time..
I like how they choose the name Farrah in this arc.
Btw, Farrah is an Arabic word means "Happiness".
Jul 24, 2021 9:50 PM

May 2020
This cases is not bad. I like when finally they are being honest. Sadly they can back just like before. Sweet Onee-san and painter guy.
Jul 29, 2021 11:14 AM

Feb 2018
endless999 said:
makuras said:
I know this is an episode discussion but I really need to know what japanese dialect makoto uses, so if anyone knows and thank you in advance.
hokkaidou dialect

I see thank you so much :) <3
Jul 17, 2022 11:12 PM

Apr 2015
Everything got wrapped up nicely, I liked what Edamura did and his overall attitude toward Thomas, he worked hard on the painting for Cynthia sake and glad Colman didn't taint it
Nov 10, 2022 1:32 PM

Jun 2015
I loved this arc.

Are we finally getting Laurent's arc next?
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Apr 22, 2023 2:38 PM
Jan 2021
Ainda continuo sentindo que dentro da caixinha azul do Thomas tinha uma aliança "de verdade", ou talvez não, né..?
Vai saber...
May 21, 2023 3:19 PM
Jan 2023
Most interesting part of the episode was the recap to be honest.
Jul 22, 2023 1:55 PM
Aug 2022
I dont understand why women fantasize penniless bohem.
Oct 7, 2023 12:24 AM

Sep 2020
This arc is better than 90% of romance anime which we are getting nowadays.
Nov 9, 2023 8:21 PM
Mar 2020
man didn't expect Edamame would switch it up on purpose
Dec 4, 2023 7:37 AM

Nov 2023
Oof, did he really have to swap the original with a fake
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Great Pretender Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

SingleH - Sep 20, 2020

242 by Dark_zarich »»
Apr 17, 1:29 AM

Poll: » Great Pretender Episode 15 Discussion

uninstallthegame - Sep 20, 2020

47 by Dark_zarich »»
Mar 17, 4:32 PM

Poll: » Great Pretender Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Tsarko - Jun 19, 2020

52 by Dark_zarich »»
Mar 11, 4:47 PM

Poll: » Great Pretender Episode 12 Discussion

Tsarko - Jun 18, 2020

42 by Dark_zarich »»
Mar 11, 4:21 PM

Poll: » Great Pretender Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

uninstallthegame - Jun 8, 2020

62 by RawrOMG »»
Feb 17, 7:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.