Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 28, 2020 2:48 PM

May 2018
truesord24 said:
Vlakom said:

Kashou didn't look like an impotent and dense character in this anime to you?

He would actually need to be a character first for that statement to work, not just being the plot-device that he is.

lol exactly that. Why tf did the main character become relegated to 30 seconds per episode?
Mar 28, 2020 2:58 PM

May 2018
Byniavo said:
So it's over. A very disappointing adaptation. Why?

Because the OP and ED were great, the character designs are mostly faithful, and the animation was great. However...

1) They skipped 90% of the introduction, a.k.a. why catgirls exist, how they are adopted etc. This also includes how Chocola and Vanilla were adopted. If you read the vn then you knew that was a very heartbreaking scene, but the anime only viewers will never know about this.

2) The main fucking character is barely relevant. Somehow Felix Firm managed to change nekopara from a harem to a yuri show!

3) Pacing was dreadful. Random anime original Keijo episode that should have been used to develop the cat girls. Cacao is not even in the vn - she is an anime only catgirl, and a chore to watch at that. Most of the cat girls are reduced to mere stereotypes - a problem due to mostly the points above.

I won't complain about the 'spicy' stuff not put into this adaptation. But regardless I am still very disappointed with the adaptation. I guess it is a mediocre slice of life show? I don't even know as this show has no sense of direction or plot! And it makes me so frustrated! Regardless there are some enjoyable scenes and I love the vn, and that is why I did not drop this show.

I know exactly how you feel bro. Now, I only have 2 wishes. First, that there is never a season 2, no matter how many fanboys demand it. And second, no more delays in the releases of the VNs. If not for this animation and the mobile game, now we would be waiting for Vol 5 instead of Vol. 4 since this should have been released last year. NEKO WORKs, stop making mistakes, first was the manga, now this. Please, just focus on the games just like you have been doing from the very beginning.
Mar 28, 2020 3:01 PM

May 2018
Vlakom said:
Byniavo said:
So it's over. A very disappointing adaptation. Why?

Because the OP and ED were great, the character designs are mostly faithful, and the animation was great. However...

1) They skipped 90% of the introduction, a.k.a. why catgirls exist, how they are adopted etc. This also includes how Chocola and Vanilla were adopted. If you read the vn then you knew that was a very heartbreaking scene, but the anime only viewers will never know about this.

2) The main fucking character is barely relevant. Somehow Felix Firm managed to change nekopara from a harem to a yuri show!

3) Pacing was dreadful. Random anime original Keijo episode that should have been used to develop the cat girls. Cacao is not even in the vn - she is an anime only catgirl, and a chore to watch at that. Most of the cat girls are reduced to mere stereotypes - a problem due to mostly the points above.

I won't complain about the 'spicy' stuff not put into this adaptation. But regardless I am still very disappointed with the adaptation. I guess it is a mediocre slice of life show? I don't even know as this show has no sense of direction or plot! And it makes me so frustrated! Regardless there are some enjoyable scenes and I love the vn, and that is why I did not drop this show.

I know exactly how you feel bro. Now, I only have 2 wishes. First, that there is never a season 2, no matter how many fanboys demand it. And second, no more delays in the releases of the VNs. If not for this animation and the mobile game, now we would be waiting for Vol 5 instead of Vol. 4 since this should have been released last year. NEKO WORKs, stop making mistakes, first was the manga, now this. Please, just focus on the games just like you have been doing from the very beginning.

I agree with you 100%. The visual novels are Neko Work's bread and butter, after all.
Mar 28, 2020 3:06 PM

Aug 2012
Byniavo said:
truesord24 said:

He would actually need to be a character first for that statement to work, not just being the plot-device that he is.

lol exactly that. Why tf did the main character become relegated to 30 seconds per episode?

It's because nobody actually like Kashou. As I said before, he only exists so the catgirls can have someone to f*** with. Since they decided the anime isn't going to be hentai, there is no more need for him.

Fun fact:

The Japanese fandom knows this, and they look down on Kashou so much that they simply use the word 竿, meaning "rod" (in this case, slang for penis), when referring to him.

It is especially hilarious when you see it used over and over again in Nico Nico videos.
Mar 28, 2020 3:14 PM

May 2018
truesord24 said:
Byniavo said:

It's because nobody actually like Kashou. As I said before, he only exists so the catgirls can have someone to f*** with. Since they decided the anime isn't going to be hentai, there is no more need for him.

Fun fact:

The Japanese fandom knows this, and they look down on Kashou so much that they simply use the word 竿, meaning "rod" (in this case, slang for penis), when referring to him.

It is especially hilarious when you see it used over and over again in Nico Nico videos.

Of course that is obvious. Otherwise Nekopara would not be an eroge.

However. In the vn, Kashou is an actual character, unlike the cardboard cutout that he is in the anime. For example, he took in Chocola and Vanilla when they were young as strays.

Of course Shigure did most of the work looking after them, but it was because of Kashou that they became part of his life. Where is this in the anime? In fact, why the heck is 90% of the introduction not in the anime? It not only makes Kahou even less relevant as a character, but it also makes the cat girls less developed. Heck, they become relegated to a sterotypical 'trait' due to the lack of adapting the most important material, and instead replaces it with a Keijo episode and Cacao, who has no personality. It also fucks with the worldbuilding, since we know little to nothing about the world, why cat girls exist, etc. which is covered in the vn.

sorry for the rant. I am just frustrated with the adaptation!
Mar 28, 2020 5:44 PM

May 2018
truesord24 said:

Fun fact:

That doesn't make sense, even if it was actually, true why him of all the eroge protagonists? I bet you just saw 2 or 3 comments like that so you can exaggerate it and turn it to your favor

I thought Kestisan already told you why is a bad idea to remove a protagonist from the screen when it comes to an animation. Grisaia no Kajitsu and Fate/Stay Night respected their main characters' relevancy and ended up being outstanding animes without falling into hentai. See? An eroge prota is (mostly) more than just a rod as you try to afirm so stubbornly.

Nekopara's anime had everything to become a formidable show, but screwed up and concluded as a mediocre production. Just check the ratings, the reviews and the episode polls so you can see my disappoinment is not an isolated case.
Mar 28, 2020 10:12 PM

Aug 2012
Vlakom said:

That doesn't make sense, even if it was actually, true why him of all the eroge protagonists? I bet you just saw 2 or 3 comments like that so you can exaggerate it and turn it to your favor

You really think I would make up shit like this? I might look like a stubborn anime fanboy to you but I would never lie just to get an edge for an internet argument.

If I claim something, I will always have proof to back it up. This is no exception:

https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/so36189877

Above is the link to the official Nico Nico video of Nekopara Ep. 1 (the only free one, others are paid only). At the moment, in just that video alone, there are 13 mentions of 竿. That is quite impressive considering Kashou is lucky to even have a minute of screentime per episode.

However, that video wasn't where I first noticed this tendency. I was watching an official Nekopara TV marathon streamed on Nico Nico the other day, I noticed 竿 was used so much that it was one of the things that stuck out to me the most. If it was just 2 or 3 comments, like you suggested, I would barely be able to remember the word, let alone tell you guys about here. Think about it.

As to why? I'm sure even you know why. If you honestly believe Kashou is a well-written character of any caliber, then you seriously need to play more Visual Novels; ones that actually care to make their protagonist a memorable, distinctive, and likeable character, unlike Nekopara.

Vlakom said:

I thought Kestisan already told you why is a bad idea to remove a protagonist from the screen when it comes to an animation. Grisaia no Kajitsu and Fate/Stay Night respected their main characters' relevancy and ended up being outstanding animes without falling into hentai. See? An eroge prota is (mostly) more than just a rod as you try to afirm so stubbornly.

Yeah, Kestisan told me why he thinks sidelining the protagonist is a bad idea. I get where he is coming from. The protagonist, by default, is the hero of the story. So if you don't focus on them, how are you going to drive the plot forward? I haven't watched Grisaia no Kajitsu or Fate/Stay Night, but I do know that they are highly-acclaimed anime adaptations of visual novels. So I wouldn't be surprised if they did a good job of handling the main character.

But here is where your comparison falls apart. From I know, Grisaia no Kajitsu and Fate/Stay Night are straight adaptations. They literally cover the SAME plot from the Visual Novel (without the H-scenes obviously).

Now, are you going to tell me that the Nekopara Anime is also an adaptation? You would be an idiot to still think so at this point. The story of this anime doesn't even follow or resemble the VN's plot (with the exception of Ep. 9). We also don't know if the anime takes place in an alternate timeline / universe or not. How could something be an adaptation if we don't even know if it is canon or not?

It's more of a spin-off than anything.

---

Finally, since for some reason you seem to think that I hate / look down on all Eroge Protags, I'm going to spell it out for you:

IT IS ONLY KASHOU THAT I HATE, NOT EROGE PROTAGS IN GENERAL.

And I bet you also think that Nekopara is like my first Eroge / Visual Novel I ever played, right? YOU'RE WRONG. I have been reading Visual Novels for years before playing Nekopara, I have seen plenty of "eroge protags" who are written a multitude of times better than fucking Kashou.

Look, you can like Kashou all you want, I'm not going to judge you for that. But just know that Kashou is a terrible model of an eroge protag, and nobody will miss him even if somebody replaces him or him not showing up again in the next VN.
truesord24Apr 2, 2020 6:12 PM
Mar 29, 2020 1:45 AM

Mar 2018
Why the fuck did I finish this anime
Mar 29, 2020 6:24 AM

May 2018
truesord24 said:
Look, you can like Kashou all you want, I'm not going to judge you for that. But just know Kashou is a terrible model of an eroge protag, and nobody will miss him even if somebody replaces him or him never showing up again in the next VN.

Speaking in general terms as always... you never learn uh? Oh dear. Read this nice and slow so you can comprehend something once and for all:

THIS ANIME WAS A MISTAKE FROM THE VERY BEGINNING!

I said it had everything to be a formidable show but they totally wasted that chance when they decided to make a Spin-Off instead of an adaptación WITHOUT ANNOUNCING IT BEFOREHAND. In fact, I don't even like Kashou that much, my grudge against his relegation is simply because of the fact that the protagonist, either of an eroge or of any story, is the backbone of the whole plot development, remove it and everything falls apart. Yeah, this doesn't matter much when it comes to Spin-Offs, but allow me to remember you as a fan of the series that Nekopara's story, environment and characters are as simple and one-dimensional as the receipt of the lemonade. How could you posibly make a Spin-Off or a Fandisc of that? Oh right! For profit of course, to attract more people to the franchise, that's the only reason this was produced. So, I still can't bring myself to understand why you defend this anime so badly, are you on NEKO WORKs payroll or what? You even try to gather evidence as if you were some kind of Ace Attorney.

Come to think of it, do you really consider that shallow observation over Nico Nico Videos as proof? How much Japanese do you know? Just the good enough to distinguish "rod"? How funny. First, you can't take Ep. 1 as your point of reference because the anime is just starting, nobody can posibly qualify a show based on just that. Second, so what if you saw "rod" 13 times? "Kashou is a rod", "Why is that guy calling Kashou a rod" and "Stop saying rod" have completely different meanings. Ambiguity, that's all your argument is standing over. Pay the Nico Nico Videos membership, learn high level japanese, watch the 12 episodes, read all the comments, then come back. Ah! And you know what? The first episode has 240K views but the last episodes barely reach the 60K. What happened there? Did a bunch of viewers dropped the anime withing the first episodes. I see you don't trust MAL's stadistics, but take a look at that! Not even Ishuzoku Reviewers had a ratio as unfavorable as this, even though is a japanese website we are talking about. Are you willing to take Nico Nico numbers seriously now?

By the way, if you don't want to take MAL users (like you or me) as variables to take into account, fine. Just allow me to tell you something, what happened with Ishuzoku Reviewers was thanks to a certain youtuber, Nux Taku, who had the initiative to promote a campaing with his subscribers to boost up the series to the top of the rakings, everybody knows that. Are you going to tell me Nekopara's ratings and reviews are what they are because of some black hand that moved the strings just like Nux Taku did? OK, I will give you the chance to defence yourself but make sure to bring concrete evidence this time. And Actually, in reddit you can also find people stating that the anime disappointed them and even posts about Kashou and his long awaited return to the main role, if that is not good enough for you either, then I'm done here.

Want to know something curious about all this? The only ones who liked the anime that much are precisely the ones who weren't into the Nekopara series from the beginning. Newbies like you who haven't played or don't care about the VNs but already take the anime as the real deal. That's sad, because the main purpose of the anime was that, to expand the game consumers worldwide. I even recall you mistreating Kestisan when he was merely encouraging you to play the full series. Pal, I totally agree with him, first play/watch the VNs, do a proper research job, then and only then you can express your point of view, that's how things are in real life.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
CravenlockJul 6, 2020 6:37 AM
Mar 29, 2020 5:53 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
A cute way to end the series. This was a pretty tame beach episode by anime standards, and them helping out a business in need was a nice touch.

Overall, this was OK. I can't say anything was outright bad, but it felt very generic; it always seemed to hit a number of cliches in every episode.

The artstyle was very cute and the designs were charmingly attractive. While there was some blatantly unfounded criticism of this being "perverted" when this first aired, in reality, this was a very tame and cute show that was just interesting and entertaining enough to hold my attention. Cacao was a nice anime only addition and I do believe she added at least some depth to the series. I would say this is a pretty good series for anime newbies or those who are looking for something easy to watch.

I would most likely watch a sequel if it ever gets one. 6/10
Mar 29, 2020 8:54 PM

Aug 2012
Vlakom said:

So, I still can't bring myself to understand why you defend this anime so badly, are you on NEKO WORKs payroll or what? You even try to gather evidence as if you were some kind of Ace Attorney.

Ah, shoot. You got me. Yeah, I'm a lawyer employed by NEKO WORKs. NEKO WORKs told me a while ago that there was a cyberbullying incident involving a gang of circlejerkers and a couple of innocent individuals. Those individuals were ganged upon, personally attacked and insulted simply for speaking their opinions regarding the Nekopara VN / Anime. The crime scene where this all took place is not far from here, actually. Just follow the directions below:

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1824537

A while ago, a police officer by the name of DeadlyRaven cleaned up the crime scene and regrettably took the evidence away with him. But little did anyone know...

I WAS THERE. I SAW WHAT YOU GUYS DID.

That's more than enough of a reason for me to step up and expose how illogical you haters' sense of superiority really is. I speak for those who do not have the necessary strength or knowledge to defend themselves, and those who know how toxic you haters are to the discussion forum.

-----

Vlakom said:

The only ones who liked the anime that much are precisely the ones who weren't into the Nekopara series from the beginning. Newbies like you who haven't played or don't care about the VNs but already take the anime as the real deal.
Pal, I totally agree with him, first play/watch the VNs, do a proper research job, then and only then you can express your point of view, that's how things are in real life.

Vlakom said:

Come to think of it, do you really consider that shallow observation over Nico Nico Videos as proof? How much Japanese do you know? Just the good enough to distinguish "rod"? How funny. First, you can't take Ep. 1 as your point of reference because the anime is just starting, nobody can posibly qualify a show based on just that. Second, so what if you saw "rod" 13 times? "Kashou is a rod", "Why is that guy calling Kashou a rod" and "Stop saying rod" have completely different meanings. Ambiguity, that's all your argument is standing over.

Mmm. You really do like to proclaim "superiority" over people different from you guys, don't you?

Ok, let us play your game then, should we:

-

How much Japanese do I know? Definitely more than you, mate. In fact, I probably know Japanese better than all of you guys combined. I actually studied, lived in Japan and worked with Japanese people in a work setting. That's probably already more than you will ever achieve. Don't believe me? I'll even prove it to you by translating every single comment in the Nico video containing the word 竿:

- 竿役に憑依しろできないなら見るな = If you can't be the Rod Guy, then what's the point of watching this? [Oh wow, that's a nice comment you posted here.]
- 竿役 = Here comes Rod Guy!
- 竿として有名なの草 = lol at Kashou being famous as "Rod".
- 竿の擬人化は草 = lol at the personification of rod.
- 物干し竿どうなってんの?= What the hell is with that clothesline? ["I can't believe it's not about Kashou!"]
- 初登場から竿呼ばわりは草 = First appearance and he's already being called "Rod", lol.
- 何もしてないのに竿呼ばわり = He's being called "Rod" even though he hasn't done anything yet...
- 親の竿より聞き慣れたBGM = Familiar BGM that you can hear from Rod, i.e. the owner. [lmao]
- ガチの竿役に竿役言うなやw = Hey, don't call the earnest Rod Guy "Rod Guy"! /s
- 竿に自我があるわけないだろいい加減にしろ = There is no way rod has an ego so stop messing around already!
- はい竿 = Yes, Rod.
- 竿は草 = lol, Rod.

There. How well does your "Ambiguity" argument stand up now? Oh, and I'll even save you the potential embarrassment by telling you that this is in no way a machine translation - all of these translations take into account of the surrounding context, which machine translation still fails to do accurately. If you know Japanese, you would be able to tell me how this applies in every one of these sentences, and how it is derived grammatically. Too bad you won't be able to.

And also, clearly you can't read because I've already told you that Ep. 1 wasn't my only source of reference. Big words coming from someone who can't read, doesn't know basic Japanese and have nothing to back themselves up.

Keep your mouth shut until you at least get on my level.

-

Ok, I have said enough so I'm no longer gonna stoop to your level. This, however, is basically how you guys been treating anyone with a different opinion than you. Not so nice to be in the receiving end, is it now? So stop it.

-----

Vlakom said:

OK, I will give you the chance to defence yourself but make sure to bring concrete evidence this time. And Actually, in reddit you can also find people stating that the anime disappointed them and even posts about Kashou and his long awaited return to the main role, if that is not good enough for you either, then I'm done here.

Again, coming from the guy with no evidence whatsoever while I have at least provided something to back up my arguments. Nice.

-----

Vlakom said:

Pay the Nico Nico Videos membership, learn high level japanese, watch the 12 episodes, read all the comments, then come back.

Finally, did you seriously told me to:

- Pay for a subscription service,
- Master one of the hardest language for native English speakers to learn,
- Watch the 12 episodes Anime again, even though I have already did,
- Read all the comments (because that's obv. the most important thing I should do),

or else my opinion doesn't count / can't argue against you?

Well, well, well. Looks who's being absurdly unreasonable and so desperate for ammo that he had to resort to setting absolutely ridiculous bars, in a futile attempt to shake his opponent's validity?

Not to mention how some of your arguments either has glaring hole(s) or makes no sense:

ex. 1 -
Vlakom said:

The first episode has 240K views but the last episodes barely reach the 60K. What happened there? Did a bunch of viewers dropped the anime withing the first episodes.

Dude. These videos are uploaded as they are being released. Obviously the last episodes are not going to have close to as many views as the 1st one right away. Not everybody religiously watches anime the moment they are released / uploaded.

ALSO, episodes after the 1st are PAID ONLY (I even told you this in my previous argument btw). You really expect everyone will / can afford to watch the rest of the season, especially when they need to PAY EVERY EPISODE?

ex. 2 -
Vlakom said:

Did a bunch of viewers dropped the anime withing the first episodes. I see you don't trust MAL's stadistics, but take a look at that! Not even Ishuzoku Reviewers had a ratio as unfavorable as this, even though is a japanese website we are talking about. Are you willing to take Nico Nico numbers seriously now?

What...? How does Nico Nico viewership numbers prove that Nico or their comments are not trustworthy?? I didn't even use them in my argument - you brought it up yourself.

Come on now.

I'll admit you did make a couple of good points (especially the ones degrading MAL; I love those) that I don't disagree with but what are theses...?
truesord24Mar 31, 2020 1:51 PM
Mar 30, 2020 4:12 PM

Nov 2009
Ah yes...

Never gets tired of watching Azuki and Coconut hissing at each other on all fours and butt raised... hehehe.

___ ___ ___

And I am glad the main owner is Shigure and not some fat dude with Shigure's personality that tries to constantly "Gachi" her Nekos. (or "Simping" like Cinnomon do to Maple...)
At least Shigure just takes lewd pictures.

___ ___ ___

Cacao actualy looks cute in swimsuits.

And her instinct for going after Watermelon goes for Cinnamon's "melons" LOL

___ ___ ___

And the tan girl got lucky she saved Cacao, now her shop's booming with business, cause the Nekos are masters at service.

Not only that, but apparently Shigure used her connections again to get Nekos for the shop (since we learned that to "adopt" Nekos, you have to be quite Rich to raise the Nekos, which we've seen how rich Shigure is) Without Shigure, that shop probably won't be able to afford even one Neko.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Mar 31, 2020 1:18 AM

Oct 2007
Beach episode + some cats getting adopted by good owners. I could not ask for anything more.

Going to miss this show. And will try to support it by ordering a nekopara product from CDJapan. I wasn't planning to buy something, but the adoption of beach cats change my mind.

Thanks for the good show nekos. :)
Mar 31, 2020 1:32 AM

Oct 2017
CAT GIRLS BEACH EPISODE!!

Gonna miss this series so bad :(
I'll give this series a 7 because I actually never played the game before, so the anime was my first intro to nekopara. I can understand why fans of the game will rate this anime really low. Hopefully I'll soon get the game soon and play it.
nerd_64Mar 31, 2020 1:36 AM
Mar 31, 2020 4:39 AM
Jun 2019
I have nothing to say,cause it is Nekopara through,i think we won't see such a satisfying,relaxing and funny neko show for very long.
10/10 masterpiece
Apr 1, 2020 8:38 AM

Mar 2019
Nekopara high quality in animation? lool..

4/10 normal show
Apr 2, 2020 11:06 PM

Oct 2007
Was browsing today at cdjapan. And the intro and outro for the tv anime were not there. Fortunately, the song cd for the 2018 ova is available, so I just put that into my shopping cart to give some monetary support the nekos. :)

will order once covid is gone, and deliveries are ok again.
Apr 2, 2020 11:16 PM

Aug 2012
Liddo-kun said:
Was browsing today at cdjapan. And the intro and outro for the tv anime were not there. Fortunately, the song cd for the 2018 ova is available, so I just put that into my shopping cart to give some monetary support the nekos. :)

You're a good person :)

So yeah, I would like to remind everyone that:

- If you love the anime and don't mind spending money, consider buying the blu-rays (I know it won't be cheap but it's supposedly the best way you can support the anime).

- If you interested in playing the VN, don't pirate them if you can. Even if you buy them on sale, it will still help out NEKO WORKs and Sayori to make more Nekopara content.

Thank you.
truesord24Apr 3, 2020 12:40 AM
Apr 2, 2020 11:34 PM

Oct 2007
unfortunately, I don't have enough money to buy blu-rays. Only intro and outro theme cd's, plus maybe a figure if extra budget allows. Also can't concentrate everything here, because there are other shows that I have to support. Anyway, the neko cd is in the cart... when this pandemic is over I'll have it shipped right away. :)
Apr 2, 2020 11:50 PM

Aug 2012
Liddo-kun said:
unfortunately, I don't have enough money to buy blu-rays. Only intro and outro theme cd's, plus maybe a figure if extra budget allows. Also can't concentrate everything here, because there are other shows that I have to support. Anyway, the neko cd is in the cart... when this pandemic is over I'll have it shipped right away. :)

No problemo, there's no need to feel bad at all :) anything helps.

Actually, that part was mainly so that I can being attention to the... rather interesting tweet by Sayori the other day (linked in " best way " of my previous post).
truesord24Apr 3, 2020 12:39 AM
Apr 3, 2020 8:48 PM

Mar 2013
Episode 11 really should've been the finale. I like this episode, but it doesn't have that last episode feel.

For the overall series, it is a waste we didn't get more of Kashou(he may as well have not appeared at all), but I thought most of the plots for the episodes were competent enough. Fractional ratings aren't a thing here, so I'll round up to 7/10.
Apr 4, 2020 12:31 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
I feel sad knowing this cute thing exist on H. I never believed with that. If that shit never happen, i rather give this show 10. However, no, and i just feel dumb for all of this. Sighed.

Well, beside that shit fact, im pretty sure enjoying this show. Even the content of the story somehow out of genre, i dont have a problem with that, Neko girl always be my best, so 9 overall points shall be good to show my gratitude. I hope to see more of continuations, over this show. But, i shall keep my hope at a normal way. I dont need to be rushed, all good things must come to an end.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 4, 2020 11:03 AM

Dec 2019
Cat girls (or is it real cats?) ecchi time, but it's really not even that ecchi, it's just boring. I will admit the character designs are mostly good, but I don't think there's a single other aspect I can point to that makes this series worth watching. The plot of the series is very standard and boring, borrowing the most basic ideas from every kids anime and not putting any sort of interesting twist on them, except maybe a few references to cats here and there. The show moves at a snail's pace and doesn't make me feel relaxed at all, despite it attempting to be 癒やし系. The only reason some westerners like this is because it was one of the first visual novels on steam, so a bunch of normies think this is "crazy Japanese culture XD". Very slow and boring series with good outfits.
Apr 5, 2020 5:50 PM

Jul 2015
Ah... If this anime wasn't carrying the Nekopara name... I wouldn't have watched all of this. This anime did a lot of good stuff, but it didn't do any of that good stuff enough. It was funny, but not funny enough, it was cute, but not cute enough, it was lewd, but not lewd enough. Just not enough anything. All of it culminated in an anime that was just kind of boring, but worse, like it could have been something better.Best part was when it ended... THAT END CARD IS FANTASTIC MAN.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Apr 11, 2020 3:27 PM

May 2012
I've never played the games or anything so I'm basing this anime only on what I've seen.

In general everything was cute and lovely, nothing too special or unique, but it was always quite a fun experience with differ t topic each episode so for that it was nice.

But it wasn't all that special in general so can't say much about it either.

It was a fun watch but nothing more than that.
May 3, 2020 2:52 AM

Jul 2015
Pretty cute ad innocent series outside some dirty jokes (yes I'm looking at you Cinnamon). Still can't get over the fact that this is based on a 18+ game, I just can't imagine those catgirls in an eroge scene with Kashou, he seems more of a dad/big brother than romantic interest

I'm glad hey added the anime original character Cacao , as she made it a lot more adorable

May 4, 2020 5:33 PM

Feb 2014
What the fu.... I never plyed the game and I dont plan to but this was... GOOD!

Fuck off the negative reviews.

This was more enjoyable than most Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Out There.

Easy 7,5/10
May 16, 2020 5:24 PM

May 2018
Vi- said:
What the fu.... I never plyed the game and I dont plan to but this was... GOOD!

Fuck off the negative reviews.

This was more enjoyable than most Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Out There.

Easy 7,5/10

Play the games then. A hell of a lot better than this anime believe me.
Sep 2, 2020 9:30 PM

Oct 2019
It's a fun and cute show, but left with biggest question unanswered: who tf made once innocent Cinnamon into a hentai cat?

7/10
andrearionaSep 3, 2020 6:47 AM
Oct 30, 2020 7:13 PM

May 2018
iReyzu said:
It's a fun and cute show, but left with biggest question unanswered: who tf made once innocent Cinnamon into a hentai cat?

7/10

There is an answer for that, just play the games. Make sure to reconsider your rate for this anime once you have completed them.
Feb 1, 2021 4:21 AM

Aug 2018
Well well... isn't it THE LEGENDARY EPISODE: BEACH EPISODE.
Feb 12, 2021 3:25 PM

Oct 2007
Asoktenchea said:
Liddo-kun said:

You're a good person :)

So yeah, I would like to remind everyone that:

- If you love the anime and don't mind spending money, consider buying the blu-rays (I know it won't be cheap but it's supposedly the best way you can support the anime).

- If you interested in playing the VN, don't pirate them if you can. Even if you buy them on sale, it will still help out NEKO WORKs and Sayori to make more Nekopara content.

Thank you.

I'm 2 years late, but now bought something from them. :)

the cd arrived a few days ago. Ordered it from CDJapan.

Mar 7, 2021 6:20 AM
Jan 2017
This a cute servicable Moe show, I wish the chars would been a teeeny bit more diverse rather than typical tropes like: big boob complex, short complex, and so on
but it was still enjoyable to watch such cute cat girl maids have fun and touching moments ^w^
7/10
Mar 8, 2021 2:26 PM
Feb 2021
KatieManorUK said:
this anime was a wholesome watch and great anxiety reliever each week ^^ sad that it's finished but I'm glad we got blessed with this adaptation x3

I do however want a Nekopara Noodle House Spin off now xD

Now there's an idea. I really enjoyed it too, if they end up doing that instead of a season 2, I'd be down for it. I just hope they decide to renew it for another season or maybe an ova.
Mar 8, 2021 2:46 PM
Feb 2021
KatieManorUK said:
this anime was a wholesome watch and great anxiety reliever each week ^^ sad that it's finished but I'm glad we got blessed with this adaptation x3

I do however want a Nekopara Noodle House Spin off now xD

Now there's an idea!
Feb 17, 2022 7:44 AM

Apr 2013
A surprisingly nice show to watch, afair the OVAs were quite cringey and boring. This one was a nice SoL show though. Not outstanding, but soothing enough to be enjoyable. 6/10
Apr 19, 2022 4:12 PM

Oct 2007
supported the show some more.

ordered a Cinnamon figure, and she has now arrived. :)

Jul 11, 2023 9:13 AM

Aug 2022
Yes with Eng Dub it's cringe! but with the Japanese dub it was really kawaii and chill to watch!

10/10
1WanteD1Jul 11, 2023 9:16 AM
Dec 9, 2023 8:56 PM

Nov 2023
I love the ending to this anime. FAN SERVICE
Dec 29, 2023 7:36 PM
Dec 2021
nice anime. Enjoyed it quite a lot.
Jan 17, 6:15 AM

Oct 2022
This anime probably cured my stress for the few weeks I've watched this. Really enjoyed it.

Jan 18, 2:34 AM

Aug 2021
Wholesome anime, perfect as anxiety releave. It was nice to just relax watching it, with all those cute moments. Chocola and Coconut were my favorites
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nekopara Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2020

49 by cableguyjay »»
Jan 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Nekopara Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2020

42 by cableguyjay »»
Jan 13, 6:37 PM

Poll: » Nekopara Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2020

63 by cableguyjay »»
Jan 10, 9:13 PM

Poll: » Nekopara Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2020

45 by cableguyjay »»
Jan 9, 10:19 PM

Poll: » Nekopara Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2020

46 by cableguyjay »»
Jan 6, 8:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.