New
Mar 23, 2020 8:55 PM
Jul 2018
Anime Discussion Thread
Anime Discussion Thread
removed-userJun 10, 2021 3:20 AM
Mar 24, 2020 12:19 AM

Jun 2016
Trying to make a plot out of nothing leads to garbage like black rock shooter. Adapting songs into short specials would be the way to go. Maybe they can release the specials on TV and make the series into a short story collection like https://myanimelist.net/anime/7193/Aoi_Bungaku_Series
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Mar 24, 2020 12:24 AM
Jul 2018
Absolutely. It’d be a drama about forced marriage. Miku-chan has to deal with the depressing perspective of marrying an ugly 35yo virgin. And she can’t even kill herself, because she is not human... A heartbreaking story with no happy ending.
Mar 24, 2020 12:40 AM

Sep 2011
I'd love to see anything with Gumi, but unfortunately Crypton doesn't own the rights to her so if there were to be a vocaloid anime, Gumi probably wouldn't be in it :(

so bc gumi is my fave and as much as I love miku, kaito, rin, len, and luka, with no gumi, i don't think i would enjoy it nearly as much if one were made
Mar 24, 2020 12:52 AM

Dec 2018
It’s been sort of done before with Mekakucity Actors which is based on the Kagerou Project songs. If you mean an anime based around Crypton’s characters such as Miku then I don’t think it has been done before. I also don’t think it would be a good idea as they don’t really have personalities, they wouldn’t really have an interesting character unless they built their persona off a few pre-existing songs.
Mar 24, 2020 1:09 AM

Jul 2016
In the immaculate words of Oscar Isaac, "Nope."
Mar 24, 2020 1:11 AM
Jul 2018
ProfessionalNEET said:

ysphyr said:
Absolutely. It’d be a drama about forced marriage. Miku-chan has to deal with the depressing perspective of marrying an ugly 35yo virgin. And she can’t even kill herself, because she is not human... A heartbreaking story with no happy ending.

Would this by chance be a thinly-veiled jab at your stereotypical vocaloid fans? 🤔🤔🤔

As if! It is a story based on real-life events:
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/12/28/health/rise-of-digisexuals-intl/index.html

My poor Miku, her carefree life ended on a whim... Tragic.
Mar 24, 2020 1:17 AM

Jul 2016
Reminds of that recent anime about the virtual yotutubers,except that one doesn´t have a plot which isn´t really what you´re asking for.But still i don´t think vocaloids have a lot to them in the first place,the mekaku city actor songs were adapted because because all the songs were related by having a story tied to them.I´m pretty sure all of miku songs are standalone so it would be pretty hard to work out a concrete story for them.
Mar 24, 2020 1:50 AM

May 2009
Theo1899 said:
Trying to make a plot out of nothing leads to garbage like black rock shooter. Adapting songs into short specials would be the way to go. Maybe they can release the specials on TV and make the series into a short story collection like https://myanimelist.net/anime/7193/Aoi_Bungaku_Series
To be fair the Black Rock Shooter TV show is pretty good. The OVA might be forgettable, though, based on the fact that I've forgotten it already.

Regardless, it doesn't even star the vocaloids as characters.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Mar 24, 2020 5:29 AM

Aug 2019
ysphyr said:
ProfessionalNEET said:

Would this by chance be a thinly-veiled jab at your stereotypical vocaloid fans? 🤔🤔🤔

What problem do you have with him minding his own business?
Mar 24, 2020 5:40 AM
Jul 2018
actuallyaadhi said:
ysphyr said:

What problem do you have with me contributing to the discussion?
Mar 24, 2020 5:45 AM

Jun 2017
Don't know but will watch it if there's AI and/or one cuz Aka Akasaka made their designs
Mar 24, 2020 5:49 AM

Aug 2019
ysphyr said:
actuallyaadhi said:

Yeah, you are contributing to the discussion but don't you think it is particularly nasty to make a comment like that about somebody who made a personal decision that has no impact on anyone whatsoever?
Mar 24, 2020 5:58 AM
Jul 2018
actuallyaadhi said:
ysphyr said:

Yeah, you are contributing to the discussion but don't you think it is particularly nasty to make a comment like that about somebody who made a personal decision that has no impact on anyone whatsoever?

No, I don’t. I said no nasty things.

If you’re done - let’s not continue this meaningless off-topic exchange.
Mar 24, 2020 6:24 AM
Jul 2018
I would like to see Vocaloid anime but I’m almost certain that they would make it shit. And by shit I mean they would make it appeal to the lowest common denominator and that isn’t me. To make it good they would throw in as many genres of music as possible and put together a really gripping story. But it will be j-pop and j-rock vocaloid and they’ll all be doing cute things. Maybe some dumb male mc aswell in a harem or whatever. Sigh.
Mar 24, 2020 6:44 AM

Jan 2010
As much as I (used to) love Vocaloid, no, I don't want the anime. Not invested enough about the characters and not really into idol genre either. Unless the story is about friendship, adventure, thriller, then no.
Mar 24, 2020 7:03 AM

May 2019
They kinda did something like this already, with the already mentioned Mekakucity Actors + Hatsune Miku's appearance as a recurring chraracter in Shinkalion, and her apperance in that uses the Vocaloid program for her voice rather than the VA that provided the voice for the bank

As for an exclusively Vocaloid anime idk how I'd feel about it. Maybe it'd work as a series of little comedy shorts like Di Gi Charat or Miss Monochrome
Mar 24, 2020 7:13 AM

Aug 2017
I would love it, They literally could go crazy and do whatever they want
Mar 24, 2020 9:53 AM

Jan 2018
She should be the necro undead singer for isekai titles. She could wear gothic attire and starts singing metal songs.
Mar 24, 2020 10:16 AM

Jul 2017
Actually this season has an anime based off of 3D/augmented reality performers (https://myanimelist.net/anime/40137/ARP_Backstage_Pass?q=arp) so I assume if a vocaloid one were to be made it'd probably be a similar concept, giving psuedo-backstories to some of the main songs

Monochrosanity said:
built their persona off a few pre-existing songs.

well they pretty much did that for the HoneyWorks series' afaik so it's not entirely undoable (albeit their songs are more musical stories rather than song songs). But I think the creator chose to omit personality traits on purpose so anyone could make their own stories so anythings possible lol
Mar 24, 2020 10:16 AM

Feb 2010
No, I would most definitely not. I already dislike their music.
I probably regret this post by now.

More topics from this board

» A character who is impossible to love?

torsan88 - 17 minutes ago

3 by Zarutaku »»
2 minutes ago

» What's an anime people consider messed up that has no effect on you

isseixkoneko - May 26

44 by Ricchan__ »»
11 minutes ago

» Do you find immoral anime fun to watch?

LenRea - Yesterday

23 by Zarutaku »»
13 minutes ago

» Do you feel like theaters outside of Japan should reconsider expanding screening for anime movies, do daily rerun daily screening events, etc. since not all of us are able to make it due to busy life, important matters, etc.?

WingZeroRequiem - Jun 4

38 by DigiCat »»
13 minutes ago

» What is the superior Anime format? TV, Film, OVA, ONA, Shorts?

Dragevard - 10 hours ago

17 by Ratris_Decision »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.