Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 29, 2008 10:02 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
tsukasaXsubaru <3

hope tsukasa doesn't turn out to be a girl after all tho, it would make things a bit awkward for subaru ;)

for awhile there i was really expecting crim or tsukasa to save her, and i really don't understand how she could be knocked unconscious in a mmorpg.
May 4, 2008 12:08 PM

Jan 2008
Now we know what Subaru is like in RL. I thought about many things, but I really didn't expect this Oo

About the unconsiosness: there are games where you get unconscious when you have low HP. If the enemy leaves and doesnt kill you you just have to wait until you regenerated a bit. At least, that would explain it^^

Jan 25, 2009 4:50 PM

Jan 2009
I've realized a few things due to this episode:

First of all, if Subaru has feelings for Tsukasa, does that make her a lesbian? Hah.

Second, it appears to me that all of the Crimson Knights other than Crim are all weaklings. How can they expect to be respected as leaders if those they are leading can usurp them so easily?

Third, I think I like Subaru's beaten-up look better than her normal look. Haha.
Aug 31, 2009 1:02 AM
Feb 2009
o dame (CK) is disbanded
Nov 26, 2009 4:23 AM

Oct 2008
Seems like Subaru kinda lost the plot
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Feb 7, 2010 4:48 AM

Nov 2009
Subaru looked better all beaten up lol. Its funny how the leader of the crimson knights hasn't raised her level at all >.> if i was playing "The World" i'd probably kill her and take on the crimson knights myself for fun haha
Feb 7, 2010 6:10 PM

Jul 2008
well thats certainly a trump card, just disbanding them like that
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jul 13, 2010 10:32 AM

Jun 2010
great ending of this ep
Sep 19, 2010 11:52 PM

Aug 2010
jacobpaige said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
tsukasaXsubaru <3

hope tsukasa doesn't turn out to be a girl after all tho, it would make things a bit awkward for subaru ;)

for awhile there i was really expecting crim or tsukasa to save her, and i really don't understand how she could be knocked unconscious in a mmorpg.
what i don't get is why her clothes were all torn, i've never seen that in any mmo XD
Jun 9, 2011 10:36 AM

Jan 2009
Interesting turn of events. Is this anime slowly turning into a Yuri fantasy? We can only hope!
Aug 31, 2011 9:06 AM

Jan 2011
Crim is so sweet... D'AWWWWW
But, like, can't he tell it's not Subaru? Is he like colorblind? Cuz I woulda been like, "Oh hey, now youz wearing pink..."
Formerly gutsyGumshoe
Sep 5, 2011 3:57 AM

Jul 2011
wow, i never thought that i would see Subaru in that condition!! i thought she'll be like this cute flawless princess all the way til final episode...

and omg, the real Subaru is wearing glasses and sit on a wheelchair??? im shocked!!

vocaloidd0suchan said:
Crim is so sweet... D'AWWWWW
But, like, can't he tell it's not Subaru? Is he like colorblind? Cuz I woulda been like, "Oh hey, now youz wearing pink..."

you do realize that when Subaru wearing pink its suppose to be flashback right??
Dec 12, 2011 11:57 AM

May 2009
So we had a BT episode, and now we get a Subaru episode.

The thing with this series is that its pacing and structure don't seem to be similar to any other series I'm familiar with. Not yet at least. I'm trying to sort my way through the backstory and presentation still.

Interesting episode nevertheless. I guess it's now confirmed that BT likes Crim, Crim likes Subaru, and Subaru likes Tsukasa. Don't know why though.

And I still find it kinda odd that RL!Subaru is wheelchair-bound, but I guess it's fitting with the fact that she just doesn't engage in much action but prefers to talk things through with people.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
May 12, 2012 5:29 PM

Jul 2011
BT => Crim => Subaru (<)=> Tsukasa.

Hm. Interesting episode. I knew since Tsukasa was captured early on that Subaru seemed to like him. I'm not too sure why she's crying though. Is she concerned about the knights or Tsukasa?

Gosh that blonde heavy axe user. >>
May 20, 2012 5:16 PM

Mar 2012
wow i was totally waiting for a " internet character's aren't what they seem moment".. haha subaru is in a wheelchair and wearing glasses
Oct 21, 2013 2:55 PM

Aug 2012
RDX said:
Subaru looked better all beaten up lol. Its funny how the leader of the crimson knights hasn't raised her level at all >.> if i was playing "The World" i'd probably kill her and take on the crimson knights myself for fun haha

Doesn't work like that, they wouldn't acknowledge anyone besides Subaru.

The episode was pretty good, revealing the subaru's past while showing some of Crim, just like BT's ep. and we got to see the Subaru behind the screen, i also got surprised with that.
Jun 10, 2014 12:42 AM

Jul 2008
Disbanded the Knights, boy Silver Knight is an idiot.
Mar 19, 2015 12:54 AM

Dec 2012
Subaru leaning on Tsukasa's shoulder. I'm feelin' the love!

This was a really intense episode. The internal conflict of the Crimson Knights finally boiled over. Silver Knight's request for personal information was a bit chilling, he basically wants to create a world order out of the game. The use of imagery during Subaru and Silver Knight's argument was well done, particularly the shadow that SK cast over the other knights as he ascended to the throne. This asserted his dominance over them and the new order he was planning.

Now that Subaru has disbanded the knights, I hope to see her and Tsukasa more and wonder if the Silver Knight is going to be forming his own group to hunt down Tsukasa. I mean, this guy has shown that he is one or two levels above obsessed with Subaru and The World. I can't see him just accepting this.
Jun 25, 2016 4:26 PM
Jul 2014
So why is Subaru playing the game through a monitor? I thought it always involved a VR headset (and a deep dive one at that)?
May 15, 2018 11:02 PM

Jul 2017
I stopped watching this for a sec, and this was a great episode to come back to. I was pretty confused at first with the pink Subaru and the normal Subaru. Once I figured out what was going on, it was really cool to look at her backstory and how she is changing now, sort of growing up. I thought her being with Tsukasa was trite before; now it makes sense. It's nice.
Sep 27, 2019 12:49 AM

Jun 2017
This was the best episode so far. Some of the earlier conversations Subaru had about Crim now makes sense. She had a good backstory.
But I am not convinced about the affection these characters show toward each other at all. It all feels random.
May 26, 2020 9:11 AM

Jul 2016
Subaru laying on Tsukasa's shoulder was so cute omg
Mar 14, 9:46 PM

Apr 2013
When you LARP so hard you end up fedposting and getting your guild disbanded.

More topics from this board

Poll: » .hack//SIGN Episode 10 Discussion

CyanideKoolaid - Jan 25, 2009

14 by StateofOhayo »»
Nov 25, 2023 5:52 PM

Poll: » .hack//SIGN Episode 5 Discussion

CyanideKoolaid - Jan 23, 2009

26 by StateofOhayo »»
Nov 25, 2023 7:13 AM

Poll: » .hack//SIGN Episode 4 Discussion

CyanideKoolaid - Jan 23, 2009

38 by StateofOhayo »»
Nov 25, 2023 6:34 AM

» [Deleted]

JustOscar - Jun 30, 2023

2 by Karinara »»
Jul 12, 2023 11:41 AM

Poll: » .hack//SIGN Episode 3 Discussion

jacobpaige - Mar 29, 2008

33 by Queeneugi »»
May 17, 2023 8:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.