Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 7, 2020 6:41 PM
Jul 2018
This is somewhat unrelated to the episode, but I don’t really have any other place to write this.

Ironically, since the COVID-19 pandemic has begun, I’ve been busier than ever. Tons of moving preparations and housing changes, summer classes, and even an internship at a law firm. I haven’t been this busy in ages. For the first time in three years, I’ve gone over a week without anime. That may not sound like a lot, but when you like anime a lot, it’s pretty daunting… especially considering I’ve well surpasses a week: I’d say about a solid month without any anime of any kind.

That is… except for Episode 7 of the Dorohedoro anime, lmao. (Episode 6 as well.) These two episodes of Dorohedoro I’ve been sneaking during my lunch break at work. I’ve watched about 8 minutes of the series for about five (different) days throughout the month of July and August. I now associate lunch time at work with this anime. It’s that psychological thing where you associate things after pairing them up constantly… like how Paslow’s dog trolled when the food came. Lunch time at the office makes me think of Dorohedero and vice versa. Specifically, Subway sandwiches, Jimmy John’s, and Chinatown Inn, hehe.

So for the first time in my life having gone one week to a month without anime, these episodes have been my guilty pleasure. And they’re very entertaining. I love the grim, grungy, punk aesthetic mixed with sheer nonchalance and humor. If we were to take a screenshot of Noi — turned into a lizard, covered in blood, in the middle of that circle on the ground — and to show it to someone who hasn’t seen this anime, they’d think it were from a horror genre. But notice the playful music that plays throughout the sequence — as the bird dude mixes his ingredients and cuts off some of the blond guy’s intestines. This show could be perceived as intense and yet, with all things considered, it’s far-from-it. A relaxing and leisurely watch, might I add — which is why it was perfect for casual lunch relaxation.

Any who, life is slowing down for me again so I am finally finding the time to watch anime again.
Aug 10, 2020 9:14 PM

May 2016
This episode was definitely one of my favorite ones in the series so far. That fun baseball game they had with each other really did a good job in making me enjoy the silly and mostly carefree sides of these characters who are usually out to kill each other. It's not like Fujita's powerful enough to do anything like being remotely close to a threat to them but he did get Matsumura back~

The reveal of Ebisu's smoke being the one that turned Kaiman into a lizard was done really well with Noi turning into a horrifying monster and I also really liked how that situation also showed how much they both value each other.

With all the great moments in this episode, I figured that it'd be hard to pick a favorite but Ebisu using her smoke on herself was definitely that! It's shockingly awesome and brutal and I love it.

Nov 16, 2020 11:50 AM

Jul 2010
I love how this show is completely random and chaotic. You can't tell what will happen next and there is no formula. On the other hand, it makes you question: what is the point?
Dec 10, 2020 1:10 AM

Jul 2017
Such a crazy episode. Dorohedoro's version of baseball was so much fun to watch and it was just going batshit insane at times with random shit happening. Nikaidou and Caiman do make a surprisingly great battery though not gonna lie. Ebisu was just jokes this episode from trolling Fujita and how no one likes him enough to be a partner to being the best shark mascot ever. She's definitely one of the best characters in the series alongside Nikaido, Noi, Caiman and En.

Even met Chota in this episode, En's 'partner' per say, who helped Noi return from her lizard state to her actual one, Shin got to cop a feel there, lucky guy. And the Ebisu reveal at the end was really well done too, shit I'm surprised at how well MAPPA's done with this anime despite having so many challenges. It's not a perfect adaptation by any means and pacing is a bit fast but they've done a lot of right things that I never expected them to do with this anime when rewatching it.
Dec 12, 2020 5:38 AM

Mar 2016
really loving this anime, it's so interesting!

Dec 26, 2020 11:16 AM

Jul 2015
Best baseball plays made by, in my opinion, Johnson and Matsumura. Really thought Matsumura would be a goner when he walked over the bottomless mudpool. So Ebisu is perhaps truly the one who transformed our boi Caiman but more importantly really cute seeing her do the shark mascot dance.

Jan 5, 2021 8:31 PM

Mar 2015
Another great episode, the action continues to pick up as we get closer to learning how Caiman can undo himself!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 7, 2021 9:54 PM

Sep 2018
Why does Fujita need a partner when he already has Ebisu! lol she's so cuteeeee as a shark mascot!

Caiman is jealous lol Thirteen is nice though. Man up Caiman!
Noi and Shin are so cute too hahaha I love their partnership!
Mar 16, 2021 7:43 PM
Jul 2018
" RRRROOOOOOAAAAAARRRRRRRR! I'LL FINISH HIM! "
May 8, 2021 4:22 PM

Jul 2020
Another great episode! I gotta say that I really enjoyed the baseball game done in this episode, I thought that it was really fun, I also really enjoyed seeing Ebisu as the mascot for the Peace Sharks and then seeing her do the dance for the Peace Sharks, I found that scene to be really funny. But man, it was Ebisu that turned Caiman's face into a reptile's face, I wonder what will happen now; definitely excited to see what's next!
Zackack99May 9, 2021 8:13 PM
May 19, 2021 1:40 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
SHOCKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NYANPASU
5700XT

Nov 10, 2021 3:06 AM

Dec 2008
Best Baseball event, I was happy that the people in hole can have fun sometimes.
Really weird comedy, but I love these hilarious moments when everyone is an eccentric weirdo. Ebisu has a more useless ability than En, if used on others it only endangers herself and on herself it is even more fatal. Noi and Shin are nearly the best pair.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2021 10:22 AM
Nov 2020
ah yes, this is why dorohedoro is my favorite sports - cooking - slice of life - psychodelic - horror - action - comedy - romance anime. Or something like that. Nothing funnier than a bunch of morally corrupt people playing a baseball match
Dec 22, 2021 5:04 AM

Mar 2021
holy shit Ebisu, she changed from a goddamn cute shark to a fucking reptile
šŸ

Feb 21, 2022 10:34 PM

Jul 2017
Best baseball game I've ever seen lmao

Jun 5, 2022 7:32 AM

Jun 2019
That was such a great and fun episode. Ebisu is so adorable and lovely. First, the baseball match and then Caiman being jealous of Thirteen. So... it was Ebisu's magic that made Caiman like that. She's so cute... I can't stop loving her. That shark costume was pure 'Gawr Gura'. :3
Aug 9, 2022 2:36 PM
Jul 2022
Baseball episodes are top tier
Oct 28, 2022 6:07 PM
May 2020
It was Ebisu the whole time?
Jan 18, 2023 7:55 AM
Nov 2020
Epic episode. Shin having a major crush on Noi is sooo cute. Also his most dearest memory is killing me XD
May 15, 2023 10:54 PM

Oct 2022
This dude wants to kill him by shooting him in the head lol... bruh, he's alive after his whole head was ripped off.
Sep 4, 2023 7:45 AM

Dec 2018
Jonson at center field...lol i just can't with this show.
Sep 23, 2023 3:29 AM

May 2020
This episode was chaos... not like every other episode yet isn't, but the way they revealed things in such a chaotically cum random manner, that made them look so much better than it would've usually.

Best baseball event and best shark mascot aside, that one hit from Nikaido which most probably had that old man see his life flashing before his eyes had me dying lol. Fujita is so unlucky by the way, dude might have procured his friend's corpse but Ebisu with her transformation reverted things back to the way they were lol.

So, Ebisu might be that person who had transformed Caiman after all, but then there's a way to dispel such magic too. We saw one case firsthand.
Jan 23, 9:34 AM

Nov 2017
Dey say it isn't an anime unless there's a beach episode, but it's more like it's not an anime without a baseball episode!~
Mar 24, 2:55 PM

Jul 2016
They actually made a baseball episode work, god damn. The real magic is how they keep making Hole look like a fun place to be in despite all the, well, everything in Hole.

Jonson going "SHOCKING" in his vibrating bug voice is way more endearing than it should be, and Caiman being pouty and jealous the entire time was absolute gold.

Shin casually got a chunk of his guts cut without flinching and didn't even want that wound healed until Noi got dressed. Dude's an absolute gentleman.

So Ebisu's behind Caiman's lizardification? I have a feeling Nikaido's responsible for keeping his transformation limited to the head or if her reluctance to use magic at all is anything to go by, maybe not. And of course Ebisu just leaves a chunk of Fujita's homie behind lmao, give our boy a break.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

204 by FarCritical »»
Mar 29, 5:06 PM

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

65 by FarCritical »»
Mar 29, 3:12 PM

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

69 by FarCritical »»
Mar 27, 12:01 PM

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2020

70 by FarCritical »»
Mar 26, 9:43 PM

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 29, 2020

75 by FarCritical »»
Mar 25, 5:35 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.