Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 5 Discussion

Bofuri: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense.
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 21, 2020 4:23 PM

May 2020
Kawai kawai desu episode again!. Maple and Sally went through alot in that event, and met Kasumi.

Maple + Syrup lol, so basically Maple using acid rain (the syrup is the poison). Op characters anyways, but still fun and funny to watch!
Jan 9, 2021 7:11 PM

Jan 2010
Maple riding around on a giant flying turtle raining acid hell on everything.

Bofuri is an amazingly fun anime. Maple is taking none of this seriously and is just goofing around, but somehow manages to break the game over and over again. Everyone else around her is trying so hard to be the best players, but she does so by just being a fun doofus.
Jan 25, 2021 9:05 PM

Jul 2016
For some reason, the more screen-time Sally gets, the more boring the show becomes.
Jan 30, 2021 10:10 AM
Apr 2017
MEGA FLYING TURTLE!!!
Apr 15, 2021 2:27 PM

Feb 2020
Gigantic flying turtle. Now I have seen everything. xD

I like those new girls, especially Kasumi. She's so cool.

Great episode once again. Funny and very entertaining. ^^
Apr 22, 2021 3:54 AM

Aug 2018
Poisoning the water? I suspect that Maple is a lowkey sadistic.
May 2, 2021 12:45 PM

Sep 2012
ok so Sally is a monster to just different type of monster then Maple :D

she was totally toying with the sisters, she could have ended then fast but took her sweet time
Sugram22Aug 8, 2021 9:32 AM
Oct 10, 2021 3:03 PM

May 2017
What should i say , you know when you having nothing to do and choose to glitch the game , well mapple wanted to fly

How we have a godly flying turtle one shot things from far

Meanwhile , all other ppls are stuck on groud lol
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Oct 23, 2021 1:11 PM
Jan 2021
i love sally soo much

Jan 11, 2022 10:48 AM

Apr 2013
Funniest moment is always the dev getting frustrated because of how broken Maple is lol
Aug 10, 2022 8:11 PM
Jun 2019
Personally, the best episode so far. It was pretty funny and seeing how Maple completely dominated made it even funnier.
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Oct 6, 2022 5:06 AM
Oct 2022
It was just a nornal anime
Oct 22, 2022 8:08 AM

May 2015
Damn, SAlly you are scary :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 27, 2022 9:52 AM

Aug 2018
Onward, my trusty steed! ;P Poor living beings of these lands..
Nov 16, 2022 12:21 PM

Jun 2019
Another hard day for the devs in this game. They can't catch a break because of Maple. She's so cute. I love her. Sally is so strong as well. Kasumi is amazing. So many good moments.
Dec 15, 2022 3:49 AM

Nov 2022
Maple is breaking the game with creative thinking. Sally and the other girl's expressions are so hilarious when Maple shows how stupidly OP she is. Then there's the massacre done by Sally. She legit looks like a villain, killing dozens of people easily. Game dev's banter is always fun to watch. Great episode.
Dec 19, 2022 5:29 PM

Dec 2018
flying acid rain turtle is hilarious. maple just keeps getting weird skill combos that end up being OP just on a whim.
Jan 2, 2023 9:57 AM
Feb 2016
Que anime más genial. Que buen inicio 2023. Sí, porque este anime lo conce ayer: 01/01/2023

Jan 22, 2023 7:17 PM

Sep 2017
Gotta say I kinda like how this is just a video game and everyone is aware of that fact unlike your typically video game like isekai in some random ass world or whatever. The devs being aware of what players are doing is interesting. First of all the devs are dogshit with balance lmao. They did already nerfed some OP stuff which is fine but they implied for this event that no one should have been able to beat the ice bird boss and possibly also the kraken. Like bruh why did you add content that's not supposed to be beaten but also are so surprised that a duo has been able to do so. Test your game you goons.
Jun 15, 2023 1:28 PM

Aug 2019
Nice episode, though it did feel just a little boring for me. Really happy to see Maple got some new skills though lol I love Syrup

And what was that last scene lol
Jun 26, 2023 9:37 PM
Mar 2023
Episode 5 of "Itai no wa Iya nanode Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu" delivers a game-changing twist that adds a new layer of excitement and intrigue to the series. With its compelling storyline and dynamic character development, this episode keeps viewers on the edge of their seats.

The episode begins with Maple and her guildmates exploring a new event in the game, "The Deep End." As they dive into uncharted territories and face powerful adversaries, the stakes are raised, pushing the characters to their limits. The action sequences are intense, showcasing the strategic gameplay and the strength of Maple's unorthodox defense-focused playstyle.

The animation continues to impress, with detailed and visually stunning landscapes. From the depths of eerie caverns to majestic underwater realms, each environment is beautifully rendered, enhancing the immersion of the viewers. The battles are skillfully animated, capturing the intensity and adrenaline of the encounters.

One of the highlights of this episode is the character development and growth of Maple and her friends. As they face new challenges, they unlock powerful abilities and forge deeper bonds. The personal journeys of the characters add depth and emotional resonance to the story, making them more relatable and endearing.

The pacing remains well-balanced, allowing for both intense action sequences and moments of introspection. The humor is skillfully interwoven, providing light-hearted moments that add charm to the overall narrative. The camaraderie between the characters continues to be a strong aspect of the series, highlighting the importance of teamwork and friendship.

What sets this episode apart is the unexpected twist that unfolds, altering the dynamics of the game and the challenges the characters face. This narrative development adds a fresh and unpredictable element to the story, keeping viewers engaged and eager to see how the characters adapt to the new circumstances.

Furthermore, the episode explores the exploration of new mechanics and systems within the game world, expanding the possibilities and offering new avenues for growth. The introduction of unique abilities and upgrades adds an exciting layer of depth to the gameplay, creating a sense of anticipation for what lies ahead.

Episode 5 of "Itai no wa Iya nanode Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu" proves to be a game-changer, injecting new energy and suspense into the series. With its impressive animation, compelling storyline, and dynamic character development, this episode leaves viewers eagerly anticipating the next chapter in the gaming adventure.
Jul 18, 2023 9:37 AM
Jan 2023
Didn't expect Sally to come back alive, but seems she killed everyone before anyone could hit her.
Maple's flying turtle was completely unexpected too, and so is the acid rain. Seems a little overpowered, but the game devs don't even care anymore.
Oct 19, 2023 7:22 PM
Mar 2023
According to the chat logs Sally is starting to get a nickname like Maple in the game the chat was moving so fast believe they are calling her the Nightmare. Was funny to see that Sally and Kasumi look at what Maple used for with the skill that she got from the event;. She is starting to get too OP; defeating the Kraken from a distance with poison; for that I blame the admins on that they put a limit on her devour skill they should have put a daily limit on her hydra skill as well.
Jan 17, 7:19 PM

Nov 2013
In real MMOs it doesn't work this way. You can't find cool stuff and kill everybody.
There are always tons of people who pay real money for even better stuff and those people just destroy your ass, whatever you do.
GvendolineJan 18, 6:52 AM
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2020

95 by Gvendoline »»
Mar 1, 3:37 AM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2020

168 by Gvendoline »»
Jan 18, 3:02 PM

» Unacceptable Developer Response to Maple (spoilers through Ep. 3) - I'm cancelling my MMO subscription

Oiisu - Jan 14, 2023

12 by Foreall908 »»
Jan 16, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Jan 6, 2020

282 by Gvendoline »»
Jan 16, 5:50 PM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2020

139 by yourboy_asta »»
Dec 30, 2023 11:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.