Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 25, 2020 9:48 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
THank goodness. We finally get to see Todoroki again. I'm tired of Midoria
Jan 25, 2020 9:53 AM

Nov 2016
Pakumen- said:
Bakugo is annoying as hell, as always. Long time no see Todoroki and the other school people.

So judging by the OP and ED this arc is not going to be focused on fights and action (or at least not as heavily) which is good, because Overhaul was a pretty bad arc to be honest. I just hope that Endeavor begins his redemption soon.
We are very close to Endeavor's Arc. just saying.

OT: Does anyone know who sings the ED? I know the OP is by Kana Boon but Who sings the ED?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 2020 10:10 AM

Aug 2015
Afloo said:
We are very close to Endeavor's Arc. just saying.

OT: Does anyone know who sings the ED? I know the OP is by Kana Boon but Who sings the ED?

Yes, I know about Endeavor´s, I have seen a few screenshots of him and also Rooster Boi.

"Ryokuousyoku Syakai is looking after the ending theme “Shout Baby,” which has its single released on CD on February 19."

> According to Crunchyroll.
Jan 25, 2020 10:36 AM

Dec 2017
well, i think it's safe to rate this season as it is. the next two arcs are the most boring ones in the manga, so there is nothing else exciting this season has to offer
Jan 25, 2020 10:40 AM

Aug 2017
JustOppais said:
dicecop said:
Best episode of the season so far, and that says A LOT lol
damn, that hurts T.T cause the Overhaul is my second favorite arc in the manga.
plus the are probable going to mess up the Pro hero arc.

Eh it doesn't mean much. Always dissing on the show even then in the manga.

Be more hardy.
I used to be a watchmaker.
Jan 25, 2020 11:18 AM
Apr 2016
Since the platform is bankrupt I will have to share it here:

The direction they are taking with the season production is wrong. They cannot turn this series into Naruto and do different moods/style. But this is only a hypothesis, and it is a wrong one. The change of staff simply decimated the quality of this season, and the opening/ending sequence quality with it. Most regretful.

The ending is a decent one and without a doubt has more value than this opening ever will.
Re:formed
Jan 25, 2020 11:31 AM

Dec 2014
with the gloomy atmosphere of the show...the opening seemed a bit off..but nice still... damn still can't get over the fact nighteye is no more and tin tin lookalike is not functional.... Lemillion I hope you get better soon
Jan 25, 2020 11:31 AM

May 2015
A good episode. I like that its giving us time to show us how that arc affected the characters before immedietly moving on. Espcecially for Deku and his doubts about having One for All.

But dam they've really lost it with the amazing OP spree they had. This new one and the last havent been as good as previous OPs. Its a shame cause normally this is normal for series but MHA was the one series I could point to to show a series that had consistantly good OPs. Oh well. Hope they bring some good ones later on. The ED this time is good though. Last ED was great and this one is also pretty good.

Ive heard this next arc isnt particuarly amazing so I'll keep my expectations low but it was nice to see Gran Toreno. Cant wait to see what kind of talk Endevor and All Might have.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 25, 2020 11:40 AM

Jan 2008
I legit forgot this arc even happened and was expecting the next one, which we probably won't even get this season. Eh. Well at least we got more Kana-Boon music, though can't say I like it as much as some of their past songs.
Jan 25, 2020 12:31 PM

Aug 2017
Aight, new opening! "Polaris" really grew on me, but it's important to have a variety so you don't get sick of the same opening the whole season. The new opening is fine, although it's honestly hard for me to take KANA-BOON seriously since I always immediately associate them with "Silhouette" (their song that was an opening for Naruto: Shippuuden). I also appreciate that the opening prominently focuses on Kyouka, my favourite character.

But enough about the opening, let's talk about the episode. Everyone seems surprisingly chipper after last episode's events, especially Mirio. Also, we finally get to see Kemii (the real one this time).

Ending sounds good too. Also, is that a younger Himiko in one of the photos?
Some of you never watched Bakugan Battle Brawlers on TeleToon in 2008 and it shows.
REST IN PEACE KENTAROU MIURA
Jan 25, 2020 12:46 PM

Mar 2018
Damn what a good op.

In 1minute and 30sec they showed more creativity and care than in the 14 god damn previous episodes.

Somehow I'm not mad, because the festival is definetly one of my favorite arcs, but man, imagine what Overhaul could have been with stuff like that.

It also looks like a lot of staff member are back from the movies, so we can expect something way closer to the quality the show is used to.
Jan 25, 2020 1:18 PM

Apr 2015
What a difference of an Opening compared to all the others, I like it. It's refreshing.

Not much really happened this episode, but there was a lot of reflecting back on the recent events.

Most interesting is that colossal of a guy they met in the forest... He has some insane power!
Jan 25, 2020 2:02 PM

Feb 2018
Bad news: More Bakugo coming up.

Good news: More Todoroki coming up.

So I guess it evens out.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Jan 25, 2020 2:23 PM

Nov 2012
Omg what an amazing ep.
Love the new ED but think I need time for the new OP to grow on me.
Soooo excited my guys Gang Orca and Endeavor are back next ep :)))))
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Jan 25, 2020 2:39 PM

Nov 2014
i love the new OP and ED, and all the cameos of the new characters
still feel like kurogiri being caught is a trap and he wants to bust out All For One from inside the prison...

the fact that birds have boobs reminds me of BEASTARS...

sero being pierced in the eye by kirishima's hair lol XD
https://i.imgur.com/TBxkpSh.png

bottom left picture is burned and is directly below the todoroki family's...
https://i.imgur.com/6Hhee1o.jpg
is this hinting something...??

cant wait for next week's episode, it's gonna be so much fun. i've waited for ages to see Todoroki say a certain line XD

Mod Edit: Unembedded pictures, please only embed one screenshot in episode discussion threads.
Fleeting_DreamJan 27, 2020 8:30 AM
Jan 25, 2020 3:04 PM

Mar 2019
Rasco said:
Idk everything just feels really slow for me. Like these guys are just getting their foot out the door. But anyways good to see the old crew again. I like when they work together rather than the oldies.

Yeah the pace of the whole season seems slow to me, in fact
my dark magical girl webseries
https://unsafemahoushoujo.wordpress.com/blog/
Jan 25, 2020 3:08 PM

Mar 2019
Best thing in this episode... was the next episode teaser...

Boring Filler.

PS: after 3.5 season, Bakugo just bores me...
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Jan 25, 2020 3:31 PM

Sep 2019
The episode was great, the op's colorful palette and backgrounds reminded me of JoJo Part 4's first opening (Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town), which is one of my favourite openings ever. so my opinion is a bit biased on that. MHA endings are always great so the new one is unsurprisingly great aswell.
I'm really excited for this new arc, character development is always great and this one seems to have alot of it.
Jan 25, 2020 3:59 PM
Feb 2019
Man, Bakugo is so annoying.
Jan 25, 2020 5:24 PM

Nov 2011
I really liked this episode. It was a good transition to the new arc.

You could really sympathize with Ochako, Midoriya, Tsuyu and Kirishima. Man they have been through a bunch of shit.

The op and ed were amazing. Really enjoyable.

Keep Smiling.

Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 25, 2020 5:42 PM
Jun 2013
YuyoGzm said:

Boring Filler.

Filler? are you sure you really watched the episode? xD
Jan 25, 2020 5:52 PM

Feb 2015
Gran Torino’s scene was really interesting, wtf has One for All hidden. I was expecting that from Mirio and Eri, but, Mirio with quirk got affected and went back to a Mirio without quirk, if Eri only go backwards, Mirio cannot recover his quirk this way, getting his quirk is going forward, as I understood.
Jan 25, 2020 6:07 PM

Nov 2019
Pretty nice 9/10 Episode
I love how Todoroki just be casually picking up females numbers whatta playboi.
I think it's interesting how Endeavors tryna be a better Dad because he's been a dickkhead throughout the entire series.
Also the New OP & ED are bangers nice job mha
Jan 25, 2020 6:18 PM

Mar 2018
Finally best character Bakugo is back. And Todoroki as well, I feel the last arc needed them
Jan 25, 2020 6:39 PM

Jul 2016
Not gonna lie, despite there is a huge golem-like dude walking through the forest, I'm lowkey more excited to hear Kyouka singing.

Usual arc-to-arc transition episode. Nothing much to add.
Jan 25, 2020 6:39 PM
Jul 2018
I adore the hilarious chemistry between Bakugo and Todoroki. This is gonna be fun.
Jan 25, 2020 7:11 PM

Sep 2017
Nice recover and reflection kinda episode. New OP is very upbeat and goofy. A kinda large focus on Jirou. Seems kinda how teleport guy let himself get caught like that. Either I'm missing something or there's more to come that would explain it.
Jan 25, 2020 7:14 PM

Oct 2017
Just an OK episode. Only I'am glad to see Todoroki and Bakugo again.
The pictures of ending song were pretty interesting to see.
-¡Give yourself to me!
Jan 25, 2020 7:30 PM

May 2014
This new OP tells me that nothing important is going to happen in the remaining episodes.

I hope i'm wrong.
Jan 25, 2020 9:16 PM

Mar 2019
Shinuki_n_Reborn said:
YuyoGzm said:

Boring Filler.

Most of the scenes, were memories from previous episodes...
And the other ones, were Bakugo/Shoto irrelevant scenes...
The best part was the Gigantomachia scene, that sadly lasted less than 2-3minutes

I know, villains/fights cant appear in each episode, but at least they could give us a teaser/taste of the upcoming fest...

Like everyone is saying, this season is the slowest one... they give us Epic Episodes or Boring Episodes, but not intermediate ones.
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Jan 25, 2020 9:52 PM

May 2016
I almost fell asleep that episode was so boring. Was good the last like 5 minutes only.
Jan 25, 2020 10:10 PM

Aug 2017
JustOppais said:
Slimcoder said:

Eh it doesn't mean much. Always dissing on the show even then in the manga.

Be more hardy.
🙄 for 50 seconds the anime was better then the manga for the Overhaul arc, i'll give the anime that much. the pro hero arc is number 1 for me, but everything after that Well, you know. i actually held on passed That! but mva finished me off. also my score is high for all 3 seasons? i'm hating on season 4 and i just told you about the manga. so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well I was referring to dicecop as they are always dissing the show & making snide comments about it.

And honestly I cannot understand your "sadness" over this season or anyone else's here for that matter. Everything looks as normal as before so I don't any problem.

So eh I guess.

Daniel_Naumov said:
Since the platform is bankrupt I will have to share it here:

The direction they are taking with the season production is wrong. They cannot turn this series into Naruto and do different moods/style. But this is only a hypothesis, and it is a wrong one. The change of staff simply decimated the quality of this season, and the opening/ending sequence quality with it. Most regretful.

The ending is a decent one and without a doubt has more value than this opening ever will.

Ha the platform isn't bankrupt, there's just no need to create an entire thread so you can dislike an opening. I swear the sheer narcissism you have to possess to do such an act is hilarious.
SlimcoderJan 25, 2020 10:14 PM
Jan 25, 2020 11:18 PM

Apr 2018
New OP! Not as hype as the first one but this new one is pretty good too, seeing that it's by KANA-BOON. This was pretty boring episode but it's fine because new arc is coming
Jan 25, 2020 11:42 PM

Dec 2008
Dannny said:
This new OP tells me that nothing important is going to happen in the remaining episodes.

I hope i'm wrong.

Guess what? You are.
Jan 26, 2020 12:27 AM
Apr 2016
ChrnoTodd said:
Dannny said:

I hope i'm wrong.

Guess what? You are.

No he is quite right, the opening lacks artistic value and does not encourage the viewer to "decipher" it. It is quite brand and hollow, except for that one part with the Eraser-Head at the end, when he is holding a sweater. He might lose someone else, if he had not before and I simply forgot.
Re:formed
Jan 26, 2020 1:46 AM

Sep 2017
ttcchen said:

cant wait for next week's episode, it's gonna be so much fun. i've waited for ages to see Todoroki say a certain line XD

maybe its about

Jan 26, 2020 2:11 AM
Aug 2016
Good start, good opening, it seems finally Jirou will have some decently serious screen time, about damn time. Guess i'm gonna skip ED visuals since every1 said it's full of spoilers and i haven't read the manga.

Let's hope for something interesting, honestly i didn't find Overhaul arc as good as everyone said it was.
Jan 26, 2020 8:53 AM
Mar 2019
New OP was alright; I liked the first cour OP better..
A part of me wants Mirio to get his quirk back but the other part thinks it would serve the narrative better if he went quirkless.

That giant creature All for One created looks terrifying!

And the real Cammie makes an appearance. If I'm remembering correctly, we haven't seen her quirk in the anime yet right?

ttcchen said:

That's a great find! Definitely supports the Dabi Todoroki theory! (Please don't spoil if this has been answered in the manga!)

Having not read the manga, I hope this cour plays out similarly to season 3 and avoids the formulaic mold of seasons 1 and 2.

Love this show! I think it continues to prove itself in the discussion for a top shounen product. The quality of animation, character development and narrative stakes which draw authentic emotion from its fan base started off strong and has continued to improve where as a show like 7DS has completely fallen off into obscurity.
KidLeafJan 26, 2020 8:58 AM
Jan 26, 2020 10:09 AM

Nov 2014
LeafJonin said:
New OP was alright; I liked the first cour OP better..
A part of me wants Mirio to get his quirk back but the other part thinks it would serve the narrative better if he went quirkless.

That giant creature All for One created looks terrifying!

And the real Cammie makes an appearance. If I'm remembering correctly, we haven't seen her quirk in the anime yet right?

ttcchen said:

That's a great find! Definitely supports the Dabi Todoroki theory! (Please don't spoil if this has been answered in the manga!)

Having not read the manga, I hope this cour plays out similarly to season 3 and avoids the formulaic mold of seasons 1 and 2.

Love this show! I think it continues to prove itself in the discussion for a top shounen product. The quality of animation, character development and narrative stakes which draw authentic emotion from its fan base started off strong and has continued to improve where as a show like 7DS has completely fallen off into obscurity.
what do u mean formulaic mold?
Jan 26, 2020 10:17 AM

Nov 2014
Daniel_Naumov said:
ChrnoTodd said:

Guess what? You are.

No he is quite right, the opening lacks artistic value and does not encourage the viewer to "decipher" it. It is quite brand and hollow, except for that one part with the Eraser-Head at the end, when he is holding a sweater. He might lose someone else, if he had not before and I simply forgot.
why does a shounen OP need to be artistic and complex and need deciphering? It's a school festival arc. Nothing complex is gonna happen. this OP is perfect.
YuyoGzm said:
Shinuki_n_Reborn said:

Most of the scenes, were memories from previous episodes...
And the other ones, were Bakugo/Shoto irrelevant scenes...
The best part was the Gigantomachia scene, that sadly lasted less than 2-3minutes

I know, villains/fights cant appear in each episode, but at least they could give us a teaser/taste of the upcoming fest...

Like everyone is saying, this season is the slowest one... they give us Epic Episodes or Boring Episodes, but not intermediate ones.
bakugo/shouto scenes aren't irrelevant. Next episode is their time to shine. Not every episode needs action-packed villain fights in order to be good. This is called My Hero ACADEMIA. You should already be expecting seeing students do school things. If u want endless fighting go watch HxH and Yu Yu Hakusho cause those' settings aren't in school and are all about fighting.

I do agree the memories/flashbacks may be boring, but that doesn't make them fillers. Fillers are anything that's anime-original, and this episode followed the manga exactly, so no matter how boring it is to u, that doesn't make it a filler.
Jan 26, 2020 10:29 AM

May 2015
Nice episode. Real Camie is back...and she is annoying as hell.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 26, 2020 11:14 AM

May 2016
New OP seems a bit bland song is decent at least.

Kurogiri was asking to be caught I don't know why but I'm sure he has his plans.

Mirio being optimistic left me with a bitter sweet feeling of both sadness and joy, made me love him even more.

I hope eri chan gets up soon enough, to help Mirio get his power again, that other disciple of all for one looks like a titan and probably stronger.
Jan 26, 2020 12:07 PM
Aug 2009
I dropped the manga some time ago already (anime won't catch up this season). I tried to see if this season would let me find the love for My Hero Academia again, but the story has so many flaws I just can't stand it. At this point, I think Arifureta was better...

One less fan. This series is dying. The new bleach. They should cancel this already...
Jan 26, 2020 12:17 PM

Dec 2008
alessandroempire said:
I dropped the manga some time ago already (anime won't catch up this season). I tried to see if this season would let me find the love for My Hero Academia again, but the story has so many flaws I just can't stand it. At this point, I think Arifureta was better...

One less fan. This series is dying. The new bleach. They should cancel this already...

Yeah they should cancel it because some random guy in a forum is complaining while the ratings are high as ever lmao

Jan 26, 2020 12:57 PM
Aug 2009
ChrnoTodd said:
alessandroempire said:

Yeah they should cancel it because some random guy in a forum is complaining while the ratings are high as ever lmao

Well, manga sales have been dropping constantly for the last couple of years... Also, the anime has not had that much success.
Jan 26, 2020 1:53 PM

Dec 2008
alessandroempire said:
ChrnoTodd said:

Well, manga sales have been dropping constantly for the last couple of years... Also, the anime has not had that much success.

While I agree with you (the quality is dropping sometimes - not the anime itself, but the Story) cancel is just too much lol we’re not on Boruto levels yet.
Jan 26, 2020 6:29 PM

Apr 2015
Excited to see where this second half goes from here now that we have a new and very large villian.
This episode was pretty standard for following a mid season split imo. Not bad but not amazing by any means.
Jan 26, 2020 6:52 PM

Aug 2017
alessandroempire said:
ChrnoTodd said:

Uh not really. The manga was in the top 10 total manga sales last year at over 5 million sales. Definitely not cancel worthy by any stretch of the imagination.

Its not really dropping, its just sorta stabilized which happens to every long-running manga. No product goes up forever, it eventually reaches a cap, everything has a cap.

Also if the anime has ratings comparable to One Piece with a general average between 3.0 to 4.5 million ratings then saying its not successful is an idiotic statement.
SlimcoderJan 26, 2020 6:56 PM
Jan 27, 2020 4:16 AM

Jan 2020
I am absolutely excited to see how they handle things from the manga going forward! Love the new Opening and Ending!
Jan 27, 2020 6:34 AM

Sep 2019
An arc that about best girl Kyoka finally... and quite literally... takes central stage. Sure, it's basically a culture festival arc, but it's one has surprisingly gathered my somewhat waning interest.

I hope it continues that, because last arc, I was basically counting the episodes till we got to the big battle. Although, with that and the revenge of our villain, made the payout mostly worth it.

...Or that's what I'm currently waiting for. The OP got me excited, I blew my comment load, and I'm left with an epilogue with a little extra. I guess that makes sense. Can't run gun-ho into the best part... for now.
"You know you've reached peak quality when a doujin is better than the actual source series." (Eg. To LOVE-Ru)

Just to list a couple of biases.
Likes: A good story, characters, writing, romance, a good plot twist or something that breaks expectations (In a good way), 'backstory' and justice.
Dislikes: Bad romance, too much fanservice, the harem genre, yuri, yaoi, and bad writing.

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2020

465 by YeaGERIST01 »»
Apr 23, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

158 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

233 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 8:50 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

225 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2020

128 by WolfWood37 »»
Mar 31, 9:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.