Forums
New
Jan 23, 2020 7:04 PM

Nov 2011
Preview for Great Pretender anime:

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 23, 2020 9:34 PM

Dec 2017
looks pretty refreshing. i like the color aesthetics and the character designs. sadamoto doing the good work once again
the cgi doesn't look bad either

looking forward to seeing this rise up from 3.xx hell
Jan 23, 2020 9:41 PM

Jan 2009
Attack on Titan died for this lol thats why the low score
Jan 23, 2020 9:45 PM

Oct 2017
Character designs look top notch and premise is interesting. Also got to love the pixie cut tomboy waifu. Also yeah MAL needs to fix how it's airing/scoring system that should be obvious.
Jan 23, 2020 11:45 PM
Nov 2019
I’m actually pretty excited for this one, we got some anime only scenes from wits last anime (Vinland saga) and if this is anything as good as they were, then we are definitely in for a treat
Jan 24, 2020 1:09 AM

Feb 2017
Looks great. Looking forward to it, especially Sadamoto's designs.

Jan 24, 2020 1:11 AM

Apr 2013
Hm looks pretty boring tbh. Probably won't watch.
Jan 24, 2020 4:44 AM

Apr 2018
Reminds me of Tiger & Bunny
Jan 24, 2020 5:25 AM
Nov 2019
HistoriaYeager said:
Try hard westaboo garbage.
I’m guessing you’re mad at it because wit dropped aot lmao
Jan 24, 2020 5:26 AM

May 2016
Looks really awesome. Shame it's stuck on Netflix jail though...
Jan 24, 2020 6:44 AM

Sep 2017
This looks relatively interesting! Sucks that people will immediately not give it a chance bc of the score fiasco
Jan 24, 2020 9:28 AM
Nov 2019
alicerubesty said:
This looks relatively interesting! Sucks that people will immediately not give it a chance bc of the score fiasco
im only assuming here, but the people who are rating it low are the salty attack on Titan fanboys that are annoyed at wit studio for doing this project instead of it, quite a shame really
Jan 24, 2020 9:31 AM

Sep 2017
Slick-Mick101 said:
im only assuming here, but the people who are rating it low are the salty attack on Titan fanboys that are annoyed at wit studio for doing this project instead of it, quite a shame really

You're right! I'm hoping it will be fixed soon enough, but when this gets added to Summer 2020 page, it's not gonna be appealing to people, like "this show has a 3.30 rating? why should I bother even watching?"
Jan 24, 2020 9:52 AM
Nov 2019
alicerubesty said:
Slick-Mick101 said:

You're right! I'm hoping it will be fixed soon enough, but when this gets added to Summer 2020 page, it's not gonna be appealing to people, like "this show has a 3.30 rating? why should I bother even watching?"
yeah from what the preview shows, this looks like it’s gonna be an instant classic (I hope lol) but yeah you’re right I hope the score problem gets sorted ASAP just so that it doesn’t turn away potential viewers. From what I know though problems like these never do get handled
Jan 24, 2020 9:57 AM

Feb 2019
Slick-Mick101 said:
HistoriaYeager said:
Try hard westaboo garbage.

Did wit really drop aot means the studio is going to change?
damn are they out of their minds by dropping aot
Jan 24, 2020 10:03 AM
Jan 2018
Slick-Mick101 said:
alicerubesty said:

Slick-Mick101 said:
alicerubesty said:

Fanboys are to easy to Jump the gun, AOT could simply be deleyed given that the 4th season being this year was a stupid decision given the manga hasn't finshed yet
Jan 24, 2020 10:05 AM
Sep 2019
This show should be very entertaining.
Kinda looks like an american spy 007 con movie or something. Love the ost By Yutaka Yamada 100% buying the soundtracks
Its a con game and THE WHOLE WORLD IS THERE STAGE~~~`~~~~ GREAT PRETENDER
JULY 2020
Jan 24, 2020 10:06 AM
Nov 2019
TheOmnivert said:
Slick-Mick101 said:

I remember an interview saying about them potentially not being able to afford it anymore or something along those lines, I for one am the biggest aot fanboy but I understand them not being able to do it. I just hope that whatever studio that pick it up can do a half decent job for it xD
Jan 24, 2020 10:08 AM
Nov 2019
Mattinator95 said:
Slick-Mick101 said:

Slick-Mick101 said:

Fanboys are to easy to Jump the gun, AOT could simply be deleyed given that the 4th season being this year was a stupid decision given the manga hasn't finshed yet
yeah they might just be delaying it, for the better aswell, but I remember a video teaser just saying that it’ll be released by fall 2020 so let’s hope some big studio are already on the job and powering through it
Jan 24, 2020 10:10 AM

Feb 2019
Slick-Mick101 said:
TheOmnivert said:

I remember an interview saying about them potentially not being able to afford it anymore or something along those lines, I for one am the biggest aot fanboy but I understand them not being able to do it. I just hope that whatever studio that pick it up can do a half decent job for it xD

i am a noob in this stuff but how are they not able to afford another season
aot if not the most is one of the most famous anime in the world, they must be earning so much in BD sales even today and also due the huge TRP,
they must be profiting a lot from aot so how are they not able to afford it?
Jan 24, 2020 10:15 AM
Jan 2018
TheOmnivert said:
Slick-Mick101 said:

aot if not the most is one of the most famous anime in the world, they must be earning so much in BD sales even today and also due the huge TRP,

They probably didn't get alot from sales they would probably only get minimum as they are contracted to do AOT , most of the money will go to the company that owns AOT and the author,

With this new anime as it's anime original they will get more money depending on how well it does,
Jan 24, 2020 10:17 AM
Nov 2019
TheOmnivert said:
Slick-Mick101 said:

well, I’m a noob when it comes to it aswell, I’m came to the same assumption that it’s probably the most profitable anime as of today, but I only vaguely remember someone telling me about it from an interview they done that they couldn’t afford it, maybe there was other circumstances of why they dropped it. on the off chance they might still be working on it from the shadows as the release date is no more than 8 months away
Jan 24, 2020 10:40 AM

May 2019
Uh Oh guys, the "super mature" audience of Attack on Titan started mass down voting it because WIT chose to make this instead of AoT, even tho nothing is confirmed and the possibility of AoT still being animated by WIT still exists. For a self proclaimed "smart" and "mature" fanbase they sure are a bunch of monkeys.
Jan 24, 2020 11:28 AM

Jul 2017
Just saw the trailer, looks amazing Giving a lot of Lupin vibes and the character designs look fantastic. Especially that delicious brown tomboy. Can't wait. Shame about the braindead AOT fanboys trying to sabotage the score on here but oh well.
Jan 24, 2020 1:26 PM
Nov 2019
HistoriaYeager said:
Slick-Mick101 said:

No, I'm happy because the final season doesn't deserve a garbage studio like WIT.
‘Garbage studio’
You mean the one that created 2 masterpieces last year?
Jan 24, 2020 1:35 PM
Apr 2019
This seems like a colorful anime. I'm quite exited for this one.
Jan 24, 2020 1:47 PM

Feb 2015
deg said:

AoT fans are still getting the next season... It's literally confirmed. It didn't die. AOT fans are literally just braindead. Did they forget their precious anime is still getting it's final season?

Anime List|Manga List | Discord: Azureal#2963
Jan 24, 2020 1:50 PM

Jan 2009
SigmaticDoc said:
deg said:

AoT fans are still getting the next season... It's literally confirmed. It didn't die. AOT fans are literally just braindead. Did they forget their precious anime is still getting it's final season?

i did not mean literally though i just mean WIT will not likely do Attack on Titan final season and even if they do they will not allocate the best staff they have for it since most of their best staff is working on this original anime instead and it makes sense since original anime means more profit share for the anime studio unlike anime adaptations
Jan 24, 2020 2:01 PM

Aug 2019
Really wish people would grow up and stop automatically assuming that any criticism of the trailer comes from salty Attack on Titan fans.

S4 of Attack on Titan will likely get animated by Production I.G of which WiT are a subsidiary of. There'll be little to no drop in quality if that's the case.

For what it's worth, the trailer looks pretty good. Will check out the 1st episode when it drops.
Jan 24, 2020 5:00 PM

Aug 2019
Bunsuke said:
xenosys said:
Really wish people would grow up and stop automatically assuming that any criticism of the trailer comes from salty Attack on Titan fans.

S4 of Attack on Titan will likely get animated by Production I.G of which WiT are a subsidiary of. There'll be little to no drop in quality if that's the case.

For what it's worth, the trailer looks pretty good. Will check out the 1st episode when it drops.

do you really think people are review bombing based on this trailer? no other show gets this kind of treatment. use your brain a bit.

Where did I mention ratings? I'm talking about any criticism for the show based on the trailer. Learn to read.
Jan 24, 2020 5:26 PM

Dec 2016
I don't know what's all this talk about Wit dropping Attack on Titan, but if it was to make THIS, I'm not complaining at all.
Style and character designs are great, premise is very interesting, and the OST sounds incredible. I'll take this over another AOT season produced by them honestly.
Jan 24, 2020 7:02 PM
May 2013
people whining about AoT S4 need to calm down. It will get adapted one way or another, and you should have faith in the remaining staff and production committee. they know what they are doing.

as for this, too early to tell and i'm not a big fan of the director but the art is fantastic.
Jan 24, 2020 7:51 PM

Sep 2010
Well episode 1 was previewed at a convention so if all those 1s are from legit accounts and not bots trying to lower the score then mods can't do anything about it as the first episode has officially been released.

AOT has been confirmed it isn't going anywhere its either going to be delayed until the manga ends so they can animate the rest of it since it is the final season or its going to Wit Studio's B team.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jan 24, 2020 8:09 PM

Oct 2013
Umekoffee said:
I don't know what's all this talk about Wit dropping Attack on Titan, but if it was to make THIS, I'm not complaining at all.
Style and character designs are great, premise is very interesting, and the OST sounds incredible. I'll take this over another AOT season produced by them honestly.

I bet you wouldn't say that if you read the source material because the series is S rank after season 3 part 2.

Roloko said:
Well episode 1 was previewed at a convention so if all those 1s are from legit accounts and not bots trying to lower the score then mods can't do anything about it as the first episode has officially been released.

AOT has been confirmed it isn't going anywhere its either going to be delayed until the manga ends so they can animate the rest of it since it is the final season or its going to Wit Studio's B team.

Its not being done by wit studio at all, lol at wit B team that would be a total disrespect to the series that made their studio who they are today, you must want the entire twitter to attack wit studio and they would deserve it if they would ever do something as stupid like that.
Jan 24, 2020 9:13 PM

May 2019
xenosys said:

Come on dude, the user saying that this looks like garbage is literally named HistoriaYeager. I like AOT but like any popular anime it has a bad fanbase (not everyone ofc).
Jan 25, 2020 2:58 AM
Apr 2017
how did they Choose this over AOT final season or vinland saga
it was the final season they should finish it

Jan 25, 2020 3:17 AM

May 2019
Yazan_Aot said:
Hahahahaha, you rated it a 1 you salty cunt hahahahaha.

GreenEmu said:
Shame about the braindead AOT fanboys trying to sabotage the score on here but oh well.
They aren't braindead, they are just too mature and complex for an average MAL user like you and i.
Jan 25, 2020 4:34 AM

Oct 2017
You either rated it a 10, 4, or 1. Otherwise, your opinion is invalid.

But seriously what-
The preview has a nice style to it.
Jan 25, 2020 5:23 AM
Dec 2019
Wow Look great
I'm looking foward to it hehe
Jan 25, 2020 6:04 AM

Sep 2018
The review bomb this anime got from AoT fanboys just proves that they're by far the worst anime fanbase around currently
Jan 25, 2020 11:00 AM
Nov 2019
Yazan_Aot said:

you should read some interviews stating ‘WHY’ they might’ve dropped attack on Titan season 4, and that Vinland will be created after they finish this show
Jan 25, 2020 2:13 PM

Sep 2018
Yazan_Aot said:
DatRandomDude said:

People like you are the reason why this site is trash these days. What a salty dumbass.

no asshole
its people like you who made the site trash like your life (you want everyone to have the same opinion as you or they wrong)
i said my opinion and you will deal with it
so go FF yourself because no one will FF you with this brain in your head(if you have one)

Ah yes, the very mature AoT fandom
Jan 25, 2020 2:46 PM

Dec 2016
keragamming said:
Umekoffee said:

I bet you wouldn't say that if you read the source material because the series is S rank after season 3 part 2.

It's not like the story they've been following from the manga will change due to Wit leaving . . .
Jan 25, 2020 10:20 PM
Apr 2017
PhantomTom said:
Yazan_Aot said:

no asshole
its people like you who made the site trash like your life (you want everyone to have the same opinion as you or they wrong)
i said my opinion and you will deal with it
so go FF yourself because no one will FF you with this brain in your head(if you have one)

Ah yes, the very mature AoT fandom

then tell me mature boy
what will you answer when someone like him replay to you like this ?
Jan 25, 2020 10:25 PM
Apr 2017
bastek66 said:
Yazan_Aot said:

CHOOSE WHAT, YOU NOOB? IT'S PRODUCTION COMITEE THAT CHOOSES STUDIO TO PRODUCE SHOW?

no need to be so angry stupid monkey
go read how anime production go and then come back to discuss it
believe me you dont know anything about it
Jan 26, 2020 1:23 AM

Aug 2017
This looks interesting AF.

Definitely on my watch list.
I used to be a watchmaker.
Jan 26, 2020 2:35 AM
Jul 2018
Man this is already checking so many boxes for me. ☑ Suwabe ☑ vibrant colors ☑ mafiosos
Jan 26, 2020 5:50 AM

Jan 2010
wow looks totally lit. Character designs looks amazing. Suwabe Junichi.
Looking forward to it!!
Jan 26, 2020 11:57 AM
Mar 2018
What the fuck are you crying about, there is no confirmation of WIT dropping the Attack on Titan, in fact, it is not very likely. Just use your fucking mind. Firstly, they can very possibly delay Attack on Titan, and Great Pretender may not even be the main reason behind it. The manga is not over yet. Maybe they won't have all the material in time. Secondly, Great Pretender may not affect Attack on Titan's production at all. They are premiering on two different seasons. WIT has half of the year to make Great Pretender, and half of the year to make Attack on Titan. There is no reason to panic.
Jan 26, 2020 9:16 PM
Feb 2019
Well, this looks promising, the jazz gives it a good mood although at this point it's becoming common; anyway, love the colour palette, the character designs look pretty well, the VA seems fitting to their characters and the atmosphere seems to be setting a joyful adventure. Definitely on my PTW list.

malinoski554 said:
What the fuck are you crying about, there is no confirmation of WIT dropping the Attack on Titan, in fact, it is not very likely. Just use your fucking mind. Firstly, they can very possibly delay Attack on Titan, and Great Pretender may not even be the main reason behind it. The manga is not over yet. Maybe they won't have all the material in time. Secondly, Great Pretender may not affect Attack on Titan's production at all. They are premiering on two different seasons. WIT has half of the year to make Great Pretender, and half of the year to make Attack on Titan. There is no reason to panic.

I wouldn't call myself an expert on this matter, but from what I understand, a one cour show tends to take one year in production, and a two cour two years I don't know why I feel that I've said some stupid non-sense thing, in that sense, for instance, we can induce Wit has been working continously in AoT since Season 2 production in 2016, so when they said that they weren't neither working on it at the moment nor sure about continuing it, all the worries from the fanbase began. As you can see, Great Pretender's first episode was screaned in July 2019, so it can be deduced that they've working in this series from last year or even near the end of 2018, so for AoT S4, which is promised to be the final season, there is expected two or maybe three cours, and it would take a lot of time which seems they haven't, that and this series is clearly their priority nowadays.
No matter if Wit stays with it or another studio pick it up, I think S4 will be delayed, Fall 2020 is too soon for that big of a production, so I see it almost impossible to have the majority of a season completed for that date; in my opinion, meanwhile the art remains consistant and the adaptation is faithful to the manga (anime only here), I wouldn't have any problem with the studio behind it, only thing I want is they doing their best for this history.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Great Pretender Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

SingleH - Sep 20, 2020

242 by Dark_zarich »»
Apr 17, 1:29 AM

Poll: » Great Pretender Episode 15 Discussion

uninstallthegame - Sep 20, 2020

47 by Dark_zarich »»
Mar 17, 4:32 PM

Poll: » Great Pretender Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Tsarko - Jun 19, 2020

52 by Dark_zarich »»
Mar 11, 4:47 PM

Poll: » Great Pretender Episode 12 Discussion

Tsarko - Jun 18, 2020

42 by Dark_zarich »»
Mar 11, 4:21 PM

Poll: » Great Pretender Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

uninstallthegame - Jun 8, 2020

62 by RawrOMG »»
Feb 17, 7:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.