Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Feb 12, 2020 4:22 PM

Jan 2017
Not really watch them but I do find myself time to time looking up courage, invader zim or flapjack clips on youtube lol I thought they would've aged pretty badly since I was only a kid back then but they've actually aged extremely well now that I'm 21 lol
Feb 12, 2020 9:59 PM

Feb 2020
I think the last American cartoon I actively watched was Codename: Kids Next Door.
Feb 15, 2020 5:33 PM

May 2014
Bojack Horseman is probably the best animated show out there(yes,anime included).
Feb 15, 2020 7:20 PM

Sep 2008
Usually watch my Daria DVD Set I own of the whole series.
Feb 16, 2020 1:02 AM

Jan 2020
Watched some eps of Ricky & Morty few months ago, also some movies like Amazing spiderman intoverse, How to train your dragon

Made by k3ti
Feb 17, 2020 7:59 AM

Mar 2015
I do but when it comes to current American cartoons it's just Archer, Rick & Morty, Bob's Burgers, Paradise P.D., Mike Tyson's Mysteries with odd The Simpsons, South Park, Family Guy & American Dad.

Most of the cartoons I watch now are old now.
Like:
1967 Spider-Man
1994 Spider-Man
1987 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
2003 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Batman: The Animated Series
Batman Beyond
Justice League
X-Men: The Original Series
Gargoyles
The Venture Bros.

Also I will watch ANYTHING Star Wars...like The Clone Wars, Rebels & Resistance.
RevyXVFeb 17, 2020 8:07 AM

Signature & Avatar Designed By: shirakuzo
Feb 19, 2020 6:02 AM

Oct 2019
Idk if Castlevania (Netflix) counts or not, but that's the only western animation show i'm keeping track of atm.

Season 3 here we go booooooooys
Feb 19, 2020 6:19 AM

Dec 2015
I liked Archer quite a bit, but it doesn't have many episodes. I watch Bob's burgers occasionally, and I'm starting to watch through Totally Spies, I like it very much so far.

Club for Fighting Game lovers : https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=77600
Feb 20, 2020 1:15 AM

Jun 2019
Yes. I don't know how I put up with 9 seasons of Archer. Personally the show went dud in S6
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 20, 2020 2:35 AM

Feb 2019
I’m very excited for the upcoming unnamed 2d animated Warhammer 40k series, which seems to closely resemble an anime at least from the concept art. Not American though it’s British.
Feb 23, 2020 10:15 AM

Mar 2016
Recently have had an interest in animated Batman shows. I like both the older stuff and some of the newer shows/movies. Mostly I like to watch episodes of Batman the Brave and the Bold because that's the one I remember watching when I was younger.
Feb 24, 2020 7:01 AM

Jun 2015
only marvel / dc shit

they were always good, well some have devolved with the rest, but they still make dcau think its called films
Feb 24, 2020 7:32 AM

Dec 2008
Keity said:
I legit almost forgot about this rip off to Yu-Gi-Oh called Duel Masters. :p

This is anime. I thought the first season (dub at least, never saw original) was pretty good. After the first episode or so they decided to go parody dub, making it a sort of proto-Yugioh the Abridged Series. For some reason the second season of the English version was animated just for the US though, which is weird because Duel Masters, the anime and I assume card game, kept going in Japan. It's still being made today.

Keity said:
Oh and Monster Rancher:

100% anime. First part and second part. Dub and sub DVD box sets were relatively recently released in the US.
Feb 24, 2020 7:58 AM

Jun 2011
MDLegs said:
Recently have had an interest in animated Batman shows. I like both the older stuff and some of the newer shows/movies. Mostly I like to watch episodes of Batman the Brave and the Bold because that's the one I remember watching when I was younger.

If you haven't seen it yet, definitely check Batman Beyond out. Brilliant show and a breath of fresh air.
Feb 24, 2020 9:54 AM

Dec 2019
South Park and Rick and Morty :D
                                                         🖤   

Feb 24, 2020 10:06 AM

Jul 2014
Bojack Horseman is one of my favourite things ever so yeah.
Take care of yourself

Feb 26, 2020 12:56 AM

Mar 2014
Archer counts? It's about the only American cartoon I can stand nowadays.
“Loddfafnir, listen to my counsel: You will fare well if you follow it, It will help you much if you heed it. If aware that another is wicked, say so: Make no truce or treaty with foes.” - Havamal 127
Feb 28, 2020 9:12 AM

Apr 2010
I barely watch TV at all really.
Feb 28, 2020 5:43 PM

Aug 2014
Other than watching Spongebob every now and then, if I'm watching TV. (Which rarely happens) I haven't watched any cartoons in years, I only like the older Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon shows up until the very early 2000s. when Adventure Time and Gumball started airing that's when I stopped watching CN altogether. I really loved Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, Fosters Home For Imaginary Friends, Ed, Edd and Eddy, Teen Titans, Totally Spies, Ben 10, etc.
Mar 6, 2020 10:43 AM
Jul 2018
As oppose to japanese cartoons? Yes I do.
Mar 20, 2020 2:10 PM
Jan 2020
Been watching Big Mouth lately and it’s hilarious to watch. Definitely recommend it.

The most notable shows I can think of that I’ve watched were:
Regular Show
Gravity Falls
Spongebob
Fairy-Odd Parents
Jimmy Neutron
Family Guy
American Dad
Young Justice
Justice League
deadaccount2324Mar 20, 2020 3:27 PM
Mar 20, 2020 3:34 PM

Apr 2018
Actually yes. Not as often as before. Especially since it is a little difficult to see a current cartoon that looks decent compared to those that were seen in elementary school. But it is my personal opinion regarding a time that I simply lived it and I am used to it. If I were a younger person, I could end up liking the current series and 10 years later say that the current is not decent... and so on with the next generations...

You and the rose are connected. Know the weight of your own life
Mar 21, 2020 2:34 PM

Oct 2018
The Dragon Prince and Castlevania are kind of the only things I sorta follow

Always down to watch Spongebob, only the first couple of seasons though.
youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
73 6f 6d 65 74 68 69 6e 67 73 20 6f 64 64 20 61 62 6f 75 74 20 6d 79 20 70 72 6f 66 69 6c 65 0d 0a
Mar 21, 2020 5:56 PM

May 2019
Now is basically just Rick and Morty. But before, like in 2017, I watched a lot like Dan Vs, Drawn Together and Clone High and others, back then I really liked American cartoons back then, but my computer broke down and after that is basically just anime.
Mar 26, 2020 3:25 AM

Feb 2020
I used to watch many things(adventure time,we bear bears etc....) but now it's just rick and morty
Mar 26, 2020 3:31 AM
Jul 2018
I only watch/rewatch Gravity Falls and Samurai Jack. I also rewatch Tom and Jerry sometimes. Pretty good when you get tired of animu.
Mar 27, 2020 8:24 AM
Feb 2020
I used to enjoy South Park alot, its lack of boundaries of what to make fun of and often bringing different view on a topic, plus toilet humour, but the last seasons were disappointing and I stopped following it.

Nowadays it's just Rick and Morty, which is fantastic.
Apr 1, 2020 11:27 PM
Jul 2018
To be frank, American cartoons will NEVER I mean NEVER be on Japanese cartoons (also well known as Anime) level.

When I was in my younger ages, trust me, I use to love American cartoons and back then I didn't know anything about Japanese cartoons. But ever since I first laid my eyes on Japanese cartoons that's when I wanted to see more and more. That's when I became an otaku.

Why do I think Japanese cartoons are superior?

The reason why I think this is because Japanese cartoons are more emotional, more entertaining, and more relatable. Some of the Japanese cartoons on my list are Japanese cartoons that I had personal depressing feelings too while watching and some of them are hilarious to the very core. Do you know how "most" American cartoons are only for kids of the ages 3-5? Japanese cartoons are basically something for kids, teens, and even adults to enjoy. I'm not saying everyone has the same feeling, however, this what I, myself, think.

Why do I think American cartoons are inferior?

I'm pretty positively accurate about 98.5% of people watched American cartoons in their younger ages. Have you ever thought, "Wow! I love these types of cartoons!" but then again, if you've checked out Japanese cartoon you'll grow obese or even have second thoughts. Have you ever heard of an Animation Studios called Pixar? They play a big part in American cartoons. From the information I've gathered, they made movies revolving around personal feelings. What I mean is they make movies based on "our feelings" and movies we "can relate" to. For example, Finding Dory is one movie part of that point. Not only there is American cartoons for "kids" of those ages, but there is also american cartoons for "adults" like Rick and Morty, Family Guy, and American Dad! that revolves around comedy and entertainment. Those might be some of the American cartoons I enjoy, however, I no longer watch those kinds of shows. Are you thinking, "Aren't those the reasons why people should love American cartoon?" Well, that's just me talking about the background behind American cartoons, so I'll get straight to the point.

A Silent Voice

A Silent Voice is a Japanese cartoon film revolving around a death girl (Shouko Nishimiya) and a boy (Shoya Ishida) that bullied her. This is one of the Japanese cartoon films that surpass American cartoon in many ways. One reason is, in real life humans of all ages, cultures, and races often get bullied by disabilities they are born with. For me, I think this movie is for people with the same condition Shouko has. This movie is also for people who don't have disabilities and just get bullied for simply getting judged by common things such as race, age, culture, looks, size, weight, etc. I'm not going to spoil anything, so thou I'll say this. This movie is a very emotional movie and gives off something meaning to it. For me, this movie gives off a lesson that "even enemies can have a heart at times" and "no matter who or what you are, you'll be accepted by love ones".

Japanese Movies/Shows like A Silent Voice exists that is "more superior" than American and always will be in my opinion. But to simply answer your question, I barely watch American cartoons. The only American cartoon I'm interested in and watched is Miraculous Ladybug. 😁 ❤️
removed-userApr 2, 2020 6:06 PM
Apr 2, 2020 12:02 AM

Apr 2018
I don't enjoy a lot of MODERN western cartoons. I love a lot of cartoons from the 90s, 2000s, and early 2010s, but cartoons post-2014 have gotten really shitty. The other day I was staying at my Grandma's house and out of curiosity I watched some cartoon network.

They're still airing that shitty teen titans reboot, I saw this other show called craig of the creek, which I'd say was actually pretty descent, but there's so much cringy stuff in there... There was this cringe fest called Apple and Onion, but the one that insulted me the most was one called Victor and Valentino!

That show basically felt like someone took Gravity Falls, stripped it of all the things that made it good, replaced it with insanely cringy dookie jokes and on top of that, hired the WORST voice actors possible! I seriously couldn't believe a show of this low quality was being aired on cartoon network, and it really was just a big fat reminder as to why animation in the west is still not being taken seriously. At the very least teen titans go has a few funny jokes here and there, and I like that they're self aware of the fact that they're shitty, but that Victor and Valentino show really had no redeeming qualities.

But whatever, that's just the kids side of things. In terms of adult animation, my favorite ones on that department are Aqua Teen Hunger Force and South Park! Those two shows will never stop being funny to me! Recently I saw that Genndy created a new show about Caveman, I haven't seen it tho, but it looks pretty cool. That being said, the adult side also has a lot of shitty shows, mainly all the family guy wannabes... they're really not good. And family guy itself also sucks.
Apr 2, 2020 3:14 AM

Oct 2017
I watch Family Guy daily on netflix
It's still a thing...right...?

I also like South Park, Bojack and Rick & Morty.
Apr 11, 2020 9:24 PM

May 2019
The last one i remember watching and enjoying a lot was Regular Show, shame that it ended, one of the few good modern cartoons.

Apr 23, 2020 11:18 AM

Jun 2011
I started to watch Batman The Animated Series again yesterday. It's a timeless classic man. It never fails to amaze me. It's especially amazing visually. It feels like a gothic-noir show. This is what Gotham and Batman himself are all about.
Apr 23, 2020 11:22 AM
May 2018
I`m a big fan of the Golden Age of American animation: Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy, Silly Symphonies, Popeye the Sailor, Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry.
Apr 23, 2020 11:47 AM

Oct 2017
Use to a lot not so much of late. Will give the new season of Clone Wars a look and probably the new season of Young Justice. I also plan on watching Castlevania and maybe Primal but that is about it.

Oh yeah as someone did bring up GW is doing something with 40k so probably will check that out whenever it does come out. I loved the Astrates fan film. Incredible 3D animation.
BilboBaggins365Apr 23, 2020 11:50 AM
Apr 23, 2020 1:53 PM
Nov 2019
I Feel the Japanese industry has displaced alot of cartoonist in other countries that orginally had animation industries , it seems due to sheer volume the Japanese cartoon market is silencing other nations. Many nations cartoons in the 70s and 80s. Iraq had its own cartoon industry , now since the fall Saddam and its economic depression it can't make its own industry and uses the Japanese. The Iraqis I Know prefer Japanese cartoons to iraqi cartoons. Localized industry seem dead at this point , the days Ralphs , Walts and Bluths are done and passed sadly
Apr 23, 2020 11:05 PM

Dec 2019
Not anymore but I used to watch Family guy a lot way back
Apr 24, 2020 9:16 AM

Oct 2011
I watch some from time to time, usually from hearsay, sometimes from memory.
Garfield & Friends, Adventure Time and Gravity Falls were some I watched recently. Thinking of watching South Park and some Marvel adaptions (though old).

Interesting discussion, by the way.

Apr 24, 2020 12:33 PM

May 2016
While I thank American cartoons from the bottom of my heart for making my childhood, I don't watch them anymore aside from some clips in YouTube.

It's been a year since we stopped watching cable TV and it doesn't feel like we're missing out on anything tbh

Apr 24, 2020 12:52 PM

Jul 2019
Yes because sometimes that's the only thing on at 11pm and I need background noise so I just put on adultswim and listen to whatever is playing
May 13, 2021 3:51 AM
May 2021
Yes I do. I watch tiny tunes adventures, the legend of korra and avatar too. These cartoons are pretty fun to watch.
May 13, 2021 4:41 AM
Laika Moonlight

Dec 2020
I still watch American cartoons, yeah. No new show's really piqued my interest for a while though. Last "new" cartoon I watched was The Owl House. I thought it was pretty decent. Hearing Alex Hirsch's voice again after Gravity Falls finished was a treat. Plus there was a (probably coincidental) reference to my favorite obscure anime (R.O.D) in one episode, so...

I have a long list of American cartoons I missed out on as a child (whether they didn't interest me at the time, I wasn't born when they aired or I didn't have access to whatever channel showed them) that I'm slowly working my way through. Last one from that list I watched was My Life as a Teenage Robot back in August. Absolutely hilarious show

And yes, I collect DVD/Blu-rays for them. I purchased a multi-region Blu-ray/DVD player specifically to purchase the Australian complete season DVD releases for Regular Show and Steven Universe and also the anime School-Live! I THINK my complete Gravity Falls collection is also the Australian release, but I'm not sure
My greatest contribution to this website:
May 13, 2021 9:54 AM
#borntoboil

Jan 2021
i usually watch regular show when they air it at midnight. i used to watch south park, sadly they don't do new episodes now. also i really want to see invincible, is it good besides the "think mark, think" thing?
is it really worf to put things in here like nobody reads these

discord ~ ganjimex

May 13, 2021 10:41 AM

Apr 2021
rarely but i still do rewatch when i come across some steven universe, gravity falls, randy cunningham, adultswims like rick n morty, adventure time, regular show, family guy used to be on eof my favs too from back then but the last time i probably watch was the miraculous movie or the new invincible series
“I am the Dark Flame Master. Perish, enveloped in the flames of darkness!”
May 13, 2021 10:46 AM
JoJo enthusiast

Dec 2020
I just recently watched Star vs the Forces of Evil for the very first time, so yes, I still watch American cartoons. The only one I'm currently following is Helluva Boss, but that's still more than the amount of anime I'm currently following (zero).

As for collecting DVDs, I love to own physical releases of the series I love.

For anime, I own all of the R.O.D, Free! and School-Live! series on DVD, as well as the first 4 seasons of JoJo (and the limited edition Blu-ray of the first half of season 5) and seasons 1, 2 and 4 of TransFormers.

For cartoons, I own the entirety of Gravity Falls and Regular Show on DVD, as well as seasons 1-4 of Steven Universe, seasons 1-3 of Futurama, season 1 of The Freemaker Adventures, and miscellaneous episodes of SpongeBob SquarePants and Phineas and Ferb.
The Sealing Club is back, baby!
May 14, 2021 12:24 AM

Feb 2021
Not really. Maybe only the ones I still know from childhood, if I see them randomly on TV (but I don't really watch TV anymore).

⸢ if you meet your god,
tell him to leave me alone. ⸥

ベルセルク
May 14, 2021 12:26 AM

Jul 2020
I'm planning to start watching Invincible today

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
May 14, 2021 1:18 PM

Jun 2015
I watch more American cartoons than anime. Recently I watched Amphibia and it wasn't half bad.

I respect your opinion as long as you respect mine.
May 14, 2021 6:50 PM

Apr 2020
Yeah. I mean, if the show is good, who cares about where it was made?

Last thing I watched was the Dota inspired series, which wasn't half bad.
May 14, 2021 8:19 PM

Oct 2015
i kinda stopped watching american cartoons after young justice ended (i still miss it ;n;).
but i'm thinking about re-watching courage the cowardly dog because my bf and i were talking about how we used to watch that show as a kid but can't remember it .-.
⠀     ‧     ⠀
May 14, 2021 8:43 PM

Aug 2017
No. I don't watch western cartoons since almost a decade ago and I refuse to touch that again, ew.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» hardcore/skramz/emo/metalcore/post-hardcore/post-metal/blackened/crust

bloodecho - Feb 14

31 by Mattenan »»
3 hours ago

» Anime songs in your playlist

bevarnow - Mar 11

3 by Theo1899 »»
3 hours ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3384 by NiaAlexandria »»
4 hours ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7584 by NiaAlexandria »»
5 hours ago

» What's your favorite song?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

11 by Toooooooooohru »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.