Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 13, 2020 2:36 AM

Feb 2019
Rizki_Diablo said:
yaruka said:
I dont think ive ever been blown away by a silver link, but i feel that they are one of the only studios who would actually take up this kind of show.

what studio would you guys prefer that would realistically adapt a show like this?

white fox? a-1? satelight? madhouse? seven-arc? lidenfilms? etc
but honestly i prefer seven-arc or madhouse because they know how to treat magic things to look like a magic rather than trick. but if we want to show anos tyrant nuance, lidenfilms is fit with it i think. in mahou shoujo asuka and schwarzesmarken, lidenfilms show worst situation in war or battlefield to look worst rather than "oh, it is just a simple battle scene we can skip it bye" nuance like silverlink. it is like silverlink see maou gakuin equal to prisma illya or their recent anime after chaos child, it is just silverlink is not suit with "these kind of scene" and maou gakuin is like that for "early arc" especially for prologue part sadly

A-1 might have been decent, i dont think this is high enough profile for madhouse to have taken on. i guess we will see how goes. I've liked a few of silver link's shows and hated a couple. From the pvs it doesn't look horrible, but I am not expecting a masterpiece.
Jun 14, 2020 6:33 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
As for the studio, Silver Link has been good with isekai recently like BOFURI and Otome Game. The other series they worked on are Fate Illya Prisma franchise, Rakudai Kishi, Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism, and Strike the Blood.

I don't think we have to worry about the anime quality. This is probably gonna be a decent good anime to pass time but it probably won't stand out as much when compare to other popular Silver Link adaptation.
Jun 15, 2020 3:51 AM
Jun 2015
xkazutox said:
As for the studio, Silver Link has been good with isekai recently like BOFURI and Otome Game. The other series they worked on are Fate Illya Prisma franchise, Rakudai Kishi, Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism, and Strike the Blood.

I don't think we have to worry about the anime quality. This is probably gonna be a decent good anime to pass time but it probably won't stand out as much when compare to other popular Silver Link adaptation.

illya look good because it have "fate" in the title. strike the blood adaptation can survive until have IV season because the LN can make the reader to expect more

but sadly not with this one, if people know better about maou gakuin until at least have read big arc 1, they will know how hard is to adapt it as anime. moreover the author have add "cruelty" tag at the wn and use it fully every time the story development near climax and this is what silverlink can't do. try remember again what silverlink do to chaos child especially to sumo sticker design and "thought leading phenomenon", both of them is important part in chaos child and silverlink ruin it
Jun 15, 2020 8:49 PM

Jun 2020
someone if not all has already said this, but just incase because of the "HYPE" forgot to mention it.

i'm talking about "Shikkaku Mon no Saikyou Kenja - Sekai Saikyou no Kenja ga Sara ni Tsuyokunaru Tame ni Tensei Shimashita" (LN/Manga) the synopsis is very similar though i havent read the LN yet and will get to it after this post.

SCREW YOU COVID-19 who ever you are!
Jun 16, 2020 4:42 AM
Jun 2015
henrymcdo said:
someone if not all has already said this, but just incase because of the "HYPE" forgot to mention it.

i'm talking about "Shikkaku Mon no Saikyou Kenja - Sekai Saikyou no Kenja ga Sara ni Tsuyokunaru Tame ni Tensei Shimashita" (LN/Manga) the synopsis is very similar though i havent read the LN yet and will get to it after this post.

only synopsis but the content is too difference when shikkaku mon is written to easy to read and maou gakuin is written for people who interest with the lore or truth seeker (?)
Jun 16, 2020 5:03 PM

Feb 2014
Considering watching this one.
Jun 16, 2020 8:53 PM

Feb 2019
this looks terrible just by seeing the cover and the protagonist with his girls.
Jun 16, 2020 10:29 PM

Jun 2020
Rizki_Diablo said:
henrymcdo said:

only synopsis but the content is too difference when shikkaku mon is written to easy to read and maou gakuin is written for people who interest with the lore or truth seeker (?)

yeah i figure it out will reading the LN coz i currently on the latest "Shikkaku Mon" but still i think Shikkau Mon should have anime not because its a better story but about "IRIS-CHAN"!
Jun 18, 2020 4:40 AM
Jul 2012
From the summary it sounds like its gonna be generic trash. Anyone can convince me otherwise?
Jun 18, 2020 11:29 PM
Jun 2015
anilandrot said:
From the summary it sounds like its gonna be generic trash. Anyone can convince me otherwise?

if you only see the anime only but if you read the wn until reach half of big arc 1, it is hard to called it as trash. of course if you have enough willpower to read until that part
Jun 19, 2020 5:28 PM

Nov 2015
I've been reading the manga. It's been pretty so-so as far as I can tell.

I'm not excited for this show, but I'll watch it because it's another "trash" OP MC anime I can just enjoy.
Jun 20, 2020 11:13 AM

Jan 2011
being blunt on first glance it and title alone i just looks like one of those magic school trash OP amines ,will it be enjoyable maybe but i've stopped trusting people when they say this kinda shit is good

do like the Kancolle artist for the LN though
Jun 21, 2020 10:07 PM
Aug 2018
Silver Link has had some bangers recently so lets hope they continue their hot streak
Jun 23, 2020 11:32 PM
Sep 2015
Art looks terrible compared to the manga

I feel like its gonna be one of those generic isekai show with a OP MC and his harem, even though its not an isekai
Jun 24, 2020 1:30 AM
Jan 2018
Why would they use the manga art . The series is a LN.

the manga is just an adaption of the LN
Jun 24, 2020 5:13 AM
Jun 2015
Mattinator95 said:
Why would they use the manga art . The series is a LN.

the manga is just an adaption of the LN

the ln is just a wn with illustration and additional story
when the manga is half work for anime adaptation
Jun 24, 2020 1:22 PM
Apr 2018
This looks like a generic show that would blow up..
Jun 24, 2020 2:06 PM

Sep 2007
I glanced at the cover image and was like "why are they airing Assasins Pride again?" then realized it's something else lol

Well it's silver link so there's 50/50 chance it will suck regardless of the source material quality.
Jun 24, 2020 4:23 PM

Oct 2018
pretty sure the art is from the LN, not from manga so of course its going to be different. LN is the original source, manga is just adaptation of LN.

just watched the trailer and it doesn't look good or as interesting as i thought? i guess. i'll still give it a try, as i do kinda like the manga.

♔ 𝘴𝘦𝘵 © 𝘫𝘢𝘺
Jun 25, 2020 4:15 PM

Apr 2015
i prefer the ln art style more than the manga,the manga art style is actually very good,but arnos in manga look like character from shoujo manga
also,as for story n plot it's decent at best in the novel,there are quite many boring parts tho,so that's quite problem
but i'm sure most manga readers or anime only watchers wouldn't care about that as long as they could see the mc being OP n kicking everyone asses
Jun 26, 2020 1:28 PM
Jul 2018
I don’t know man. Looks pretty generic to me but I’ll watch it anyways as my taste is trash
Jun 27, 2020 10:47 AM

Jun 2016
looks pretty dope for me !!

added to watch list..
Jun 28, 2020 7:15 PM

Oct 2010
this just looks really terrible. generic AF plot/characters, average-level art (Below average to bad in some parts in the previews)
Jun 29, 2020 2:03 PM
Oct 2017
xkazutox said:

If that's your honest opinion, I doubt you've seen Kenja no Mago or Death March, because those two isekai.....OMG...
I hate to break it to you, but BOFURI was only "good" because aside from Interspecies Reviewers, Somali, and I'd say Hanako-kun, everything else airing during the winter season wasn't exactly worth watching. NTM it's one of those interesting anime that fell flat after 3-4 episodes, which became an SAO clone with a cute girl about said Mary Sue cute girl with a shield getting all her shit handed to her on a silver platter.
Otome Game, while a decent isekai, and "good" by Silver Link standards, one of the better ones in recent years, it ain't nothing to write home about either when I compare it to reverse harem like Ouran Highschool Host Club or Kiss Him, Not Me. Hell, we've seen comedic, dumb baddies handled much better, Team Rocket anyone?
Jun 29, 2020 2:17 PM
Oct 2017
I can't imagine this'll be any good. It's Silver Link, I'd rather place my chips if JC Staff were to do it than them. Also, for those trying to defend this, you DO realize this is the same studio who set isekai 2 steps back when they put out Death March and put the nail in the coffin with Kenja no Mago, right? This is one of the reasons why anime's the way it is, this community doesn't even check the studios or the people involved in the anime they watch and tend to hype up, much less hold those same studios and directors accountable for when they eff up or make a poor adaptation, yet somehow this community has time to make a debacle on who deserves to be #1, Interspecies Reviewers or FMA Brotherhood. Last I checked, there's more to anime than there is, "Bro, this fight scene's gonna be EPIC when animated! I can't wait to get to this part of the story, shit's gonna get real!"

Speaking of Kenja, it's worth noting its director, Masafumi Tamura, will be directing it alongside Shin Oonuma, and two directors on its own already isn't a good thing. Hell, Bofuri's director Mirai Minato (as well as Masamune-kun director) is assitant director. Anyone remember Circlet Princess, its character designer will be here as guess who....the ONLY possible good thing is its series compositioner, Jin Tanaka, who wrote the script for Sing Yesterday For Me and was series composition for Yuru Camp.
I'd say he could save it, but given who's directing this, and the fact Silver Link is infamous for their lack of creativity and innovation, if even Rie Takahashi can't save an isekai, I don't think Tanaka can save this.
Jun 29, 2020 2:30 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
@NoahC123
That's your opinion.
I watch anime for entertainment and to pass time. I also don't care about rewatch.
As a daily consumer of isekai, I seen more worst and boring isekai series.
If you don't like them, it's just you bro. I don't think you can change my taste toward a certain genre. I like ecchi/moe/cute moment. So what?

Is Ouran HS Host club/Kiss Hime getting more seasons? NO, I move on to the next anime...
I like Ouran Host Club, but not Kiss Him. I also didn't like Interspecies Reviewers, I prefer Monster Musume or Keijo over it. Just my opinion.

Ofc, Your taste is different from mine.
Jul 1, 2020 10:22 AM

Sep 2017
Looks like generic trash isekai

After procuding two good anime (Bofuri and Hamefura), I guess Silver Link. had to make a Kenja no Mago 2.0
Jul 1, 2020 10:13 PM
Jun 2015
Damuzen said:

After procuding two good anime (Bofuri and Hamefura), I guess Silver Link. had to make a Kenja no Mago 2.0

this is not isekai dude, know the difference between isekai and pure fantasy
Jul 2, 2020 3:42 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
2nd PV will be shared during this YT live stream in under 2 hours now.

https://twitter.com/maohgakuin/status/1278600289935740928
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 2, 2020 4:08 AM

Sep 2017
Rizki_Diablo said:
Damuzen said:

I just said it looks like it, not that it is
Jul 2, 2020 5:32 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
PV 2:

#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 2, 2020 8:22 PM
May 2018
Lets hope silver link can keep up the good work :)
Jul 3, 2020 11:39 PM

Nov 2018
where will this stream? Crunchyroll?
Jul 4, 2020 8:02 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Jul 4, 2020 9:41 AM
Oct 2017
Damuzen said:
Rizki_Diablo said:

I just said it looks like it, not that it is

Even if it DOES look like isekai, which admittedly, it kinda does, I wouldn't exactly be giving Silver Link that much credit here. It's mind blowing how many people are shouting praise to Silver Link for Bofuri and Hamefura, when they're the same damn studio who put out Kenja no Mago a year ago, Death March a year before that, Masamune-kun's Revenge 3 years ago, among other things.

The ONLY reason Bofuri recieved as much praise as it did in the winter season is because aside from Interspecies Reviewers, Somali, Eizouken, and I'd say Hanako-kun, there's a lack of competiton, and the show was mediocre, praised for the same reasons people hate SAO. Same can be said for Hamefura, aside from COVID-19 affecting anime.

Giving praise to SL for 2 anime that technically should've won a "Thanks for showing up!" award when they set isekai back with Death March and Kenja is like giving EA a pizza party for the success of Jedi Fallen Order when they f**ked the Star Wars and gaming fanbase over with microtransactions in Battlefront 2 in late 2017.
Jul 5, 2020 7:31 AM

Sep 2009
I just watched the first episode and I'm not even hyped. Not really feeling excited to watch the next episode. But I'm still gonna watch it and see how it turns out. I am curious about the other girl too.
Jul 6, 2020 11:04 AM

Oct 2019
I wish the manga would get updated, its still stuck at 13 chapters unless it has progressed on other sites. I don't desire to read the LN.
From looking at Silver Link's works, much of their stuff is a hit or miss type of situation for me when I watched them back then. Some of their works I am familiar with and kinda enjoyed whereas stuff like death march just felt bland.

Edit: I saw someone just say that the manga adaptation got dropped so it won't update anymore. Rip me.
FireRifle64Jul 6, 2020 11:11 AM
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Jul 6, 2020 9:56 PM
Jun 2015
FireRifle64 said:
I wish the manga would get updated, its still stuck at 13 chapters unless it has progressed on other sites. I don't desire to read the LN.
From looking at Silver Link's works, much of their stuff is a hit or miss type of situation for me when I watched them back then. Some of their works I am familiar with and kinda enjoyed whereas stuff like death march just felt bland.

Edit: I saw someone just say that the manga adaptation got dropped so it won't update anymore. Rip me.

it is not dropped but mangaka still not recover his health and that is start at last december 2019 iirc. the problem is it's hard to find mangaka twitter account to see his progress or condition to maou gakuin manga
Jul 8, 2020 9:52 PM
Apr 2020
Nahh
Its another normal boring OP mc, but I never read the manga so ill watch it until its finish airing
Jul 10, 2020 11:48 AM
Nov 2016
I'm hooked. I love how he uses his demonic powers and he doesn't take anything seriously, even death, because he thinks of those things beneath him.... which they kind of are. I love it so far. It's probably going to be one of my favorites this season.
Jul 11, 2020 1:05 PM

Aug 2012
ConfVamp said:
I'm hooked. I love how he uses his demonic powers and he doesn't take anything seriously, even death, because he thinks of those things beneath him.... which they kind of are. I love it so far. It's probably going to be one of my favorites this season.
well,
Jul 11, 2020 1:54 PM
Jun 2015
nightcrawlercyp said:
ConfVamp said:
well,

soul is not same to a root in this series because soul is needed to do resurrection but you can't resurrect annihilated a root
Jul 11, 2020 2:24 PM

Sep 2009
Not my favorite anime this season. I'm still not hyped. I've seen lots of anime that is better than this one. Although some of those series that I've doesn't really have that good animation at least the story is intriguing not like this one.
Jul 12, 2020 12:41 AM

Aug 2012
Rizki_Diablo said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
well,

soul is not same to a root in this series because soul is needed to do resurrection but you can't resurrect annihilated a root
I am assuming you mean an anihilated root. Even so not sure I understand why you claim is different. Appart from being possible to split a root which is not possible for a soul I see no difference. Also the other difference is one cannot destroy a soul but can do this to a root. Appart from these things which in some religions like hinduism and buddhism is also possible for souls I see no difference.
Jul 12, 2020 4:34 AM
Jun 2015
nightcrawlercyp said:
I am assuming you mean an anihilated root. Even so not sure I understand why you claim is different. Appart from being possible to split a root which is not possible for a soul I see no difference. Also the other difference is one cannot destroy a soul but can do this to a root. Appart from these things which in some religions like hinduism and buddhism is also possible for souls I see no difference.

the difference is come later especially when enter arc 3, 8, 10 and 11
Rizki_DiabloJul 12, 2020 4:40 AM
Jul 12, 2020 7:03 AM

Aug 2012
Rizki_Diablo said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

the difference is come later especially when enter arc 3, 8, 10 and 11
Yes I am familiar with hindu-buddhist theology as presented in Garden of Sinners and other similar materials, it just over complicates things for no reason in my opinion. I am assuming you are a LN reader since manga has not got that far yet
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Sep 26, 2020

279 by Nagamasakun »»
Apr 26, 1:34 PM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2020

115 by PrimeX »»
Feb 19, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2020

123 by PrimeX »»
Feb 19, 4:57 AM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2020

122 by PrimeX »»
Feb 19, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2020

101 by PrimeX »»
Feb 19, 3:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.