Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 28, 2019 6:08 PM

Jul 2017
Nemesis16 said:
Just to be clear, this was a original ending as none of what happens here exists on the manga. The manga is going to end in 2020, so the anime basically concluded on itself.

https://twitter.com/Taishi_Tsutsui/status/1210956938093027328

The mangaka says on his twitter: ''Regarding the relevance of the last episode of the anime and the future development of the manga... No comment (laughs)''
Didn't see this one lol, ty!
Dec 28, 2019 6:22 PM

Nov 2011
shanimebib said:
I can post it here, right? Click the link if you intend to read the manga and it may pique your interest because this is where the manga deviates from the anime original ending:

Link: The point where anime deviates from the manga. << This is immediately after Fumino arc (Fumino arc happens after the festival arc).

And it should be easy to identify the potential end girl(s) if you read the manga. The manga is in the end game now.

Also, the worst part of the anime is the pathetic way it seem to show that Uruka won when she didn't in the manga. It made it look like Uruka didn't do enough yet became the destined girl. Absolutely pathetic. The worst.

More complaints: The anime made Sensei into a fanservice character when she is one of the best written characters in harem manga. The anime did not animate Senpai arc (the most tear-jerking arc of the manga) and made her into a joke character. The anime didn't follow up on Rizu's experience after her first kiss. And I am not gonna mention what they did to Uruka - reducing her to just another old acquaintance with confidence issues. It was Fumino. FUMINO. F U M I N O! Argh!

Stupid 2/10 for the ending segment. I wouldn't have complained about the episode if they kept the anime open ended instead of showing Uruka being the destined girl in this piss poor final segment. I will just think this does not part never happened.

There will not be any sequel and it maddens me because of this segment. Way to kill the hopes I have had for the March 2020 announcement. This anime ends here. Go read the manga. Incredible number of chapters have been removed and some of the best ones at it. This could have been one of the best harem shows if they made it into a 2 cour season covering the arcs of all the girl. Overall 6/10 because at least they gave me animated heroines, including Fumino. She is a fun character but her insufferable fanbase made me come to hate her.

#TeamUruka since the bicycle ride (which is illegal in Japan btw) and #TeamUruka until the end no matter who wins. My girl is destined for stardom even if she doesn't win. The best girl in the manga.
#TeamUruka until the end.

Incidentally what chapter should I start reading from?
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Dec 28, 2019 6:33 PM
Mar 2019
Just read the manga, I feel pointless making new season because already read the manga from beginning and still ongoing. Reading the manga and then watching anime are always same it's gonna be deja vu. Still reading KNY but feel want some new season or new movie to see how the animation works like make feel excited.
Dec 28, 2019 6:34 PM
Dec 2019
What is the title of the song in the credits?
Dec 28, 2019 6:44 PM

Nov 2007
SoraSenpai said:
shanimebib said:
I can post it here, right? Click the link if you intend to read the manga and it may pique your interest because this is where the manga deviates from the anime original ending:

Link: The point where anime deviates from the manga. << This is immediately after Fumino arc (Fumino arc happens after the festival arc).

And it should be easy to identify the potential end girl(s) if you read the manga. The manga is in the end game now.

Also, the worst part of the anime is the pathetic way it seem to show that Uruka won when she didn't in the manga. It made it look like Uruka didn't do enough yet became the destined girl. Absolutely pathetic. The worst.

More complaints: The anime made Sensei into a fanservice character when she is one of the best written characters in harem manga. The anime did not animate Senpai arc (the most tear-jerking arc of the manga) and made her into a joke character. The anime didn't follow up on Rizu's experience after her first kiss. And I am not gonna mention what they did to Uruka - reducing her to just another old acquaintance with confidence issues. It was Fumino. FUMINO. F U M I N O! Argh!

Stupid 2/10 for the ending segment. I wouldn't have complained about the episode if they kept the anime open ended instead of showing Uruka being the destined girl in this piss poor final segment. I will just think this does not part never happened.

There will not be any sequel and it maddens me because of this segment. Way to kill the hopes I have had for the March 2020 announcement. This anime ends here. Go read the manga. Incredible number of chapters have been removed and some of the best ones at it. This could have been one of the best harem shows if they made it into a 2 cour season covering the arcs of all the girl. Overall 6/10 because at least they gave me animated heroines, including Fumino. She is a fun character but her insufferable fanbase made me come to hate her.

#TeamUruka since the bicycle ride (which is illegal in Japan btw) and #TeamUruka until the end no matter who wins. My girl is destined for stardom even if she doesn't win. The best girl in the manga.
#TeamUruka until the end.

Incidentally what chapter should I start reading from?

If you are any team other than Team Fumino, read the manga from the start. Also, the anime covers up to Chapter 89 (Fumino arc, which happens later in the manga) while leaving out a lot of material. The next chapter is the chapter in the link (chapter 90) where the anime deviates completely from the manga (i.e. Uraka in the Air Port. It is not part of the manga).

Also, a lot of important bits are removed for Uruka and Sensei. The chapters are short (since it's WSJ, so basically 17-19 pages per chapter). You will be able to catch up within a week.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 28, 2019 6:51 PM

Aug 2018
A great 26 episodes show ! The school stuff vanished to make place for a pure romance/comedy show with really pleasant main characters. I found the ending satisfying enough, perhaps some of the viewers will feel "hungry" to know more or angry because their favorite girl didn't win : as for me, Uruka being the winner was a great choice but I would have been happy with any other character replacing her.

Only one thing that I regret : Asumi was the only one who didn't receive an equal treatment/development compared to the others who really had their dedicated episodes.

However I remain very happy to have watched the 2 seasons and the first OVA : I'll be looking for the second one in April, which will be surely be - in my opinion - the last minutes of screentime for all these characters.

I won't recommend to read the manga since I don't do so myself (it surely's as great as readers say) but instead...
Dec 28, 2019 6:57 PM

Sep 2017
so even in original ending furuhashi didnt win?

fuck this shit before was nino now furuhashi, why my ships always got crushed like shit
Dec 28, 2019 7:01 PM
Mar 2017
Season 2 was all kirisu and furuhashi... then it ended like this...I have nothing against Uruka but I would like to see how furuhashi deal with the conflict of realizing her own feelings for yuiga despite knowing that her friends are also in love with him. I guess I would have to resort to the manga.

If I hadn't watched it to the last minute... I would have fooled myself into thinking fireworks girl was actually the guy classmate wearing the prince costume...haist.

#teamFuruhashi
Dec 28, 2019 7:20 PM

Feb 2008
I am gonna be honest with you. I have no idea how I finished first season because I was falling asleep until sensei appeared and then it was all roses and strawberries in my monitor. Sensei was a big factor in my journey during this harem.

And now, I am really going to miss this show. I hate endings, but more importantly, endings that shouldn't have happened. How the hell did Uruka win at the end. What was the effing logic?! A great second season focusing on Furuhashi and Sensei and you end it on the most boring girl?

That is how you kill a good ending. Or at least, make it more open. You all can say that Nariyuki isn't gonna end with her, long distant relationship, etc, etc., but the damage is done. Honestly, when he said that he was going to be a teacher, that was like "YESS, SENSEI WON!", and then... airport happened. I was pretty sure it was his sister though.

Hope the show is done by now, really don't wanna see Uruka as the winner.

6/10

"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Dec 28, 2019 7:40 PM
Apr 2019
What an ending. The festival arc was really busy; Nariyuki deserved an award for all the help he gave out. To think it would have ended like this though...
I'm team Uruka so I'm happy it ended the way it did but I'm kinda sad that it's looking like we won't get a third season. Also, the open end kinda left us wondering if there could be anything left to go through ... Hopefully?
Dec 28, 2019 7:52 PM

Nov 2007
MaroonIce123 said:
What an ending. The festival arc was really busy; Nariyuki deserved an award for all the help he gave out. To think it would have ended like this though...
I'm team Uruka so I'm happy it ended the way it did but I'm kinda sad that it's looking like we won't get a third season. Also, the open end kinda left us wondering if there could be anything left to go through ... Hopefully?

Read the manga if you are #TeamUruka. This ending is terrible and undermines everything that Uraka has been through and everything she has done in the manga.
Coronavirus.
Dec 28, 2019 8:11 PM
Apr 2019
shanimebib said:
MaroonIce123 said:

Read the manga if you are #TeamUruka. This ending is terrible and undermines everything that Uraka has been through and everything she has done in the manga.

If there's a better ending then I'm hyped. The anime kind of made me want to read the manga but I'm seeing a lot of recommendations here. Guess that's another one added to the list
Dec 28, 2019 8:16 PM
Jun 2017
So Uruka Confirmed?
Dec 28, 2019 8:34 PM

Nov 2007
FrenzyAssassin said:
So Uruka Confirmed?

Nope. Not confirmed. She has a chance. That's all. The anime ending is fake and never happened in the original story.

@MaroonIce123

You read it and then tell me that the anime ending is good. It's atrocious. It's baseless. And it's infuriating.

Coronavirus.
Dec 28, 2019 9:45 PM
Jun 2019
Well...i'm reading the manga and i'm in chapter 117...my personal opinion is that the firework girl is Kirisu and i had a lot of theories why:
1. In the manga, until the point i am, seems like random characters are saying they are a good couple (that ghost girl for the apartment, for example);
2. The skate ice scene...
3. If you see the shapes of the firework girl's shadow, in the manga, it's almost certain, that she was wearing long sleeves and you see a blazer pocket, and if i recall correctly, Furuashi and Kirisu were the only ones wearing long sleeves, plus the long hair...and in the anime you can even see that the long hair of that girl don't have that "strand of hair" on the top of the head like Uruka had,which can almost dicard her as being the girl, so...long hair...blazer, thin and delicate hand...i bet it's kirisu.

BUT I'M OUT OF HERE BECAUSE IF I READ TOO MUCH COMMENTS I KNOW I WILL GOING TO GET SPOLIERS! XD Bye!
Dec 28, 2019 9:54 PM

Mar 2012
All good and well ...... until the last five minute. I'm gonna pretend anything after the credit didn't happen. Even if there won't be a third season they should end it right there and then or maybe with Nariyuki interview as form of call back. It should be left open.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Dec 28, 2019 9:57 PM
Apr 2016
shanimebib said:
@Luishiji:

Uruka in the manga:

So, yes. This is a half assed retarded story that should never happen.

The manga has not ended. But I can see some sort of disjoint in the final segment. The animators definitely wanted to shoehorn Fumino (the director apparently revealed that he likes Fumino the best) but the author probably intervened or revealed them the manga ending. It could also be that the end girl is Uruka after all and the halfassed ending was the animator's way of saying "You are not getting a sequel". Or, "how does it feel to have not making it Fumino end?" Could be me overthinking or just furious with the ending but it's not impossible.

This is almost incredible that there was supposed to be a big announcement on Jump Festa 2020 with three seiyuu appearing but then the announcement was reduced to the revealing of the already announced OVA 2 cover in the most half assed way which is evident from the comments from those who were present and looking forward to the news (with many expected it to be a sequel/movie announcement). Like WHAT?!! It feels like there has been a major disagreement and a continuation was dropped (the huge drop of quality of the post credit part also says it was rushed in the final moment without much effort). And why did the reveal the end girl being Uruka before the episode even aired?

The author revealed right after the anime that the anime ending is original. The developments are already different. But that doesn't necessarily negate Uruka's chances. Because there has been a proper foundation for an Uruka end (the closest second is Sensei).

Also, leaning on Nariyuki's shoulder is not an Intellectual Property owned by Fumino. You might as well guess the other heroine who did it in a romantic way.

Uruka might win in the manga as well, but her winning will not be rubbish like the one in the anime. That's all I wanted to say.

well said my friend
team uruka for the win
Dec 28, 2019 11:01 PM

Nov 2007
Kobayasan said:
Well that was a bad ending, if feels way too rushed. I thought the majority barely got any development.

I also hated that they made Uruka the winner, don't get me wrong Uruka is an amazing girl, an amazing girl for me but not for that four eyed bastard. Even tho they're childhood friends Uruka got the least amount of romance scenes with Nariyuki out of the 3. I also expected way more of Kominami....

Time to read the manga, in a few days

She trumps every other heroine in romantic scenes with Nariyuki in the manga. Which includes:

There are probably many other moments but these are all I can think of that are exclusive to the manga. Other heroines usually get more erotic situations than romantic ones while Uruka gets the most romantic ones.
Coronavirus.
Dec 28, 2019 11:07 PM
Nov 2017
Man wtf. I love the manga, been reading it for over a year and this anime ending is nothing close to and does not represent the manga in the slightest. Uruka “supposedly” the end girl is completely wrong. This ending dropped my score unfortunately.
Dec 29, 2019 12:37 AM

Apr 2017
I will not yield! I have hope that the manga will be leagues better. Ashumi FTW!!!!!!!

I will be strong AHAHAHH

Dec 29, 2019 12:44 AM

Jan 2018
shanimebib said:

She trumps every other heroine in romantic scenes with Nariyuki in the manga. Which includes:

There are probably many other moments but these are all I can think of that are exclusive to the manga. Other heroines usually get more erotic situations than romantic ones while Uruka gets the most romantic ones.

We can all say the same for Go-toubun

Mod Edit: added spoiler
NoLiferSoulDec 29, 2019 2:23 PM
Dec 29, 2019 1:32 AM
Jul 2015
Seriously??? Skipped over a lot of important character development and had an anime only ending!!!!!!
Dec 29, 2019 1:52 AM
Jun 2016
I didn't watch the anime but the fireworks scene really ruining the whole story

I really don't want to talk about its manga content but it (fireworks scene in the anime) just really become a major spoiler for the end

But Idk, since the story still on going and no announcement that the manga will end soon
Dec 29, 2019 2:01 AM
Jun 2019
Looks like Mafuyu Kirisu will be a virgin.
Dec 29, 2019 2:11 AM
Nov 2019
I'm pretty sure they haven't revealed the handholder during the festival in the Manga... This just went ahead of it and actually brought me dissapointement
Dec 29, 2019 2:48 AM
Dec 2017
I want a third season
Dec 29, 2019 2:56 AM

Jan 2018
ziad1419 said:
-Stray said:
Damn... not a fan on how they revealed firework girl, would have prefered the manga do that. It being Uruka didnt catch me off guard
eh guess you win some you lose some, my main girl lost here

Anyhow it was a meh ride. Manga is way better 22i art is great!
4/10

What your score to manga ???
I will watch anime or read manga ?
better read the manga my man....
Dec 29, 2019 3:55 AM

May 2019
shanimebib said:

-She plays with Nariyuki's feet with hers under the kotatsu at Nariyuki's place. That was erotic and romantic at the samd time

I hope Nariyuki gets hit by a car in the manga.
Dec 29, 2019 4:04 AM
Dec 2019
Oh man thats one hell ending got me teary reminds me my youth life. 8/10 For the ending.The rest leftover rating because the ending girl was Uruka. I know Uruka is the first girl meets Nariyuki and she deserve it but I still selfishly hope it was one of the 4 girls.
Dec 29, 2019 4:49 AM
Sep 2019
Yukikaze_sama said:
I have mixed feeling about that ending. Furuhashi didn't even learn who was in costume, wtf. And from what I read it went original making chances for S3 even lower :(

Oh well, I guess we can just say than anime had open end with Uruka in the lead?

Have the same feeling. A bit sad that there is probably not s3 for this anime. Furuhashi should've win this by a landslide! #goteamfuruhashi!
Dec 29, 2019 5:25 AM
Nov 2018
Good anime. I would prefer an open ending but I think people overreacting.

Nothing prevents the 3rd season if they decide to make one. There should be about five months between the festival and graduation. The girls achieved their educational goals, the guy decided to become a teacher. That's it. It was bound to happen anyway so it doesn't spoil the story. The whole "Uruka won" is not definitive, based on rather dumb superstition and mostly irrelevant. They can pretend it never happened or leave it as is.
Dec 29, 2019 5:47 AM

Nov 2014
FreezePeach said:

Nothing prevents the 3rd season if they decide to make one. There should be about five months between the festival and graduation. The girls achieved their educational goals, the guy decided to become a teacher. That's it. It was bound to happen anyway so it doesn't spoil the story. The whole "Uruka won" is not definitive, based on rather dumb superstition and mostly irrelevant. They can pretend it never happened or leave it as is.

It's not about superstition, but about symbolism: other two shouted at their friends for pushing them, and only one helped him get up. And more importantly, afaik manga didn't show who was the one - anime went out of its way to show it's Uruka, which means a lot.
Dec 29, 2019 6:06 AM

Mar 2016
FreezePeach said:

You’re obviously clueless to be saying that. With that time skip the anime skipped everything they haven’t adapted yet in the manga and actually shot ahead. There’s nothing left to adapt unless they decide to rewind time, but what would be the point of that now that they have already told us the end result?
Dec 29, 2019 6:33 AM

Oct 2008
okayish...graduation, everyone goes separate ways...
is Uruka the one who picked-up Yuiga at the Hanabi because she is the one reached-out to yuiga at the airport??!?
well anyways, this cringe show has ended...any news if there's S3?
5/5.
7/10.

Dec 29, 2019 7:23 AM
Nov 2018
Yukikaze_sama said:
FreezePeach said:

It's not about superstition, but about symbolism: other two shouted at their friends for pushing them, and only one helped him get up. And more importantly, afaik manga didn't show who was the one - anime went out of its way to show it's Uruka, which means a lot.
And vast majority of people don't give a rat's ass about symbolism. This is ecchi comedy, if symbolism is so important for you this is not the anime you are looking for. It may "mean a lot" for you, but this is your personal problem. Frankly I think you looking for symbolism where it doesn't exist. There is nothing special about Uruka, this is anime-original development. Any of them could be in her place.

Judgment526 said:
You’re obviously clueless to be saying that. With that time skip the anime skipped everything they haven’t adapted yet in the manga and actually shot ahead. There’s nothing left to adapt unless they decide to rewind time, but what would be the point of that now that they have already told us the end result?

You are obviously dumb to saying that. This time skip can be trivially filled. "The end result" has zero impact on comedy, this is not what this series is about. The fact that they all will pass the exams was obvious from episode one. "Uruka won" is not a result at all. As I said, nothing is spoiled and months of time for story to develop.
Dec 29, 2019 8:08 AM

Dec 2015
sorry Studio Silver and Arvo Animation... you just effed up the entire franchise for me. that is one of the worst 'non death' endings I've seen watching anime for the past 30 years. at least 'OreImo' did two endings, good end and true end. even 'Hajimete no Gal' TERRIBLY CRAPPY fake harem ending to it's one and only season was more palatable than 'BokuBen S2'.

hell, I even started reading 'HNG' manga online for free BECAUSE that ending was bad but still ok. and I've NEVER read full on manga before. yeah, I leave 'HNG' manga alone for months on end, because quite frankly the amount of content released in the periodicals is simply atrociously short. seriously, periodicals chapters are not even 20 pages long? no wonder they've gotta shove dozens of different manga in the monthlies.

why did that ending suck? no REAL winner amongst the girls. NO story after the festival, IT JUMPS TO COLLEGE ACCEPTANCE RESULTS, THEN HS graduation, THEN sending the swim girl off to the US, THEN nothing. poof. nada. zip. zilch. a big fat effing goose egg. it's IMPLIED that swim girl was the 'jinx winner at the fireworks display'. the IMPLICATION that everybody got whichever college they wanted is shown, but there's no specifics, no studying for the entrance exams, no Christmas event, no New Years event, no Spring time/Valentine's/graduation times events.

well. that's it. the OVA is next but otherwise. . . :p pththt! a big fat raspberry to the fans from the studios.
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Dec 29, 2019 8:13 AM

Nov 2014
FreezePeach said:
Yukikaze_sama said:

And vast majority of people don't give a rat's ass about symbolism. This is ecchi comedy, if symbolism is so important for you this is not the anime you are looking for. It may "mean a lot" for you, but this is your personal problem. Frankly I think you looking for symbolism where it doesn't exist. There is nothing special about Uruka, this is anime-original development. Any of them could be in her place.

And what the hell does one have to do with another? Symbolism is used everywhere, you don't need some deep dramas for it. They made that scene look this way for a reason: that's what a symbolism is. If the word itself is such a big problem for you, then yeah, "your personal problem". Meaning behind it was clear.
And as you said, it's anime original development - one that decided to give Uruka more significance. It's not equal to her winning, but it's a fact that anime decided to strongly hint her way with that ending. You don't go and resolve something that even manga didn't just for lulz.
JustAnotherShiroDec 29, 2019 8:17 AM
Dec 29, 2019 8:21 AM

Nov 2007
Kobayasan said:
shanimebib said:

That was erotic and romantic at the samd time

I hope Nariyuki gets hit by a car in the manga.

Or falls off from a cliff or stairs? I know, right? That lucky bastard!

@FreezePeach: Vast majority are on the other side because of the symbolism. I am #TeamUruka and I will gladly show a middle finger to those who tell me at least she is the winner in the anime. You are absolutely clueless. The final segment should be a slap on the face of every viewer, fan or casual.

The anime went above and beyond for Fumino so, the symbolism should be used on her. That would be the only symbolism to make sense from the anime perspective. Fireworks moment has been used as symbolism since a long time in romcoms so this is not an exception. It's a slap on the face of everyone who rooted for Fumino. But it's even a bigger slap for Uruka fans because of what she had gone through in the manga, effectively becoming the most important heroine in the story. Anyone who has seen or read romcoms a lot can see her position. There is a reason why a lot of Fumino fans who used to say "Chill out. This is just a romcom" who now say "Let's not give up!" because they know the story slowly moving away from their desired ship. The author invested a lot on Uruka and Sensei. And the manga where it is right now, which is basically the end game with a major event occuring, it is looking more than ever likely to be a non-Fumino end. Yet the animator f*cked things up by not sticking with their Fumino ship.

Also, in the manga, there are 50+ chapters between Fumino arc and the current events unfolding with Uruka still around. She has been the pivot of the most important chapters since the turn of the year. If they made a season 3, it would have zero souce material because every important event is tied to Uruka and all of the major character arcs are pre-graduation except for Uruka's.

Congintive said:
shanimebib said:

We can all say the same for /Snip/. Now im waiting for the same thing to happen in this gonna be lot of fun.

@Congintive: Use spoiler tag, Please. Also, you unconciously just admitted that Uruka end wouldn't be an asspull like we talked in the other thread. So, thank you.

I told you before, if she wins, no one, absolutely no one, including her haters, can point a finger on her and say she doesn't deserve to win. They may hate her character but they cannot deny her importance/ influence in the story. That's the difference between her being the end girl and the end girl of the other manga.
shanimebibDec 29, 2019 8:26 AM
Coronavirus.
Dec 29, 2019 8:42 AM

Aug 2013
As someone who haven't read the manga yet... this cour is really dissapointing

the most memorable arc and the most enjoyable interaction with yuiga is Fumino, in my opinion at least

but guess what? they dropped the bomb in the end.. ahh I wish I stopped watching when ED song played

Uruka is my least favourite because of how they portraying her in the anime.
Dec 29, 2019 9:06 AM

Apr 2019
Manga is still ongoing, so this was an anime original ending.

We might get an OVA to show how their relationships turns out.
Small chance for a S3 seeing the manga is on its endgame

I rooted for Fumino, she was the ideal girl, but Uruka had her desirable characteristics, so it doesn't matter either way.
(I just realized that long haired Uruka is really good looking)

8/10, a very enjoyable Romcom, had lots of laughs.

Dec 29, 2019 9:21 AM

Oct 2010
Uruka route -> 1/10 for anime.
(yes, I do not like her. Can not figure out why, just do not)

P.S. She does not deserve to win (provoked).
geptorDec 29, 2019 9:27 AM
Dec 29, 2019 9:55 AM
Jan 2016
Good finale and great episode!

Fumino didn't knew that Nariyuki was the prince, i really wanted to see her knowing that!

Firework part was awesome, and his harem is just so good, was nice too see their friends attempting to everyone touch Nariyuki in the strat of fireworks!

Seems everyone passed in their exam entrances, and everyone was there seeing Uruka leaving to Australia!

About the one that hold Nariyuki's hand, i really though at first it was his sister, but seems is another one, even with tha teaso of being Uruka, i still don't know if is really her!

Kirisu giving Nariyuki a ride was so funny!

Overall i will miss this show so much, i like every girl, each one have her strongs, but i really love Fumino and Kirisu, and also Asumi is amusing, it is so good to see that girls interacting with her beloved Nariyuki!

I would be glad for a third season, honestly, hoping for it!

LimaolcDec 29, 2019 11:20 AM
Dec 29, 2019 9:59 AM

Jan 2011
show was a simple man's harem basic af and to the numbers but it was enjoyable much more for me that others that have come out this year ,we've been blessed with characters like fumino and Sensei.

7/10

5 for that bonus ending could have just ended it at the fireworks scene like most harems do leaving it open ended because the manga is still going on lol it's like well don't expect anything else to get animated because it's over when it isn't actually
Dec 29, 2019 10:06 AM

Nov 2007
Limaolc said:
Seems everyone passed in their exam entrances, and everyone was there seeing Uruka leaving to england!

Not England. She is accepted in Australia - the home of champion swimmers. It is already mentioned in the story that she is a national treasure and has all the attributes to represent Japan in the world stage.

Also, there SHALL NOT be a third season. If you want to know more, read the manga. Uruka has neither left the country in the manga nor she has been revealed as the end girl.
Coronavirus.
Dec 29, 2019 10:08 AM

Oct 2010
After some thinking I got it.

Uruka is the only one who does not fight against the odds.

She is a good swimmer and she keeps doing it.
She only needs minimal credit in English. Nobody tells her: "you are not capable - give up".
She is naturally bound to Nariyuki by osananajimi power. She does not need to defy logic like Ogata or accept falling in love like Furuhashi.
She can not even conquer her 'shyness' and properly declare her love.
She wins 'by default'. By mysterious jinx power.

And that what makes anime end bitter and unsatisfying.
Dec 29, 2019 10:27 AM

Nov 2007
geptor said:
After some thinking I got it.

Uruka is the only one who does not fight against the odds.

She is a good swimmer and she keeps doing it.
She only needs minimal credit in English. Nobody tells her: "you are not capable - give up".
She is naturally bound to Nariyuki by osananajimi power. She does not need to defy logic like Ogata or accept falling in love like Furuhashi.
She can not even conquer her 'shyness' and properly declare her love.
She wins 'by default'. By mysterious jinx power.

And that what makes anime end bitter and unsatisfying.

>And that what makes anime end bitter and unsatisfying.

The words "Bitter and unsatisfying" are too mellow for this grabage ending.

You have your bases covered. As a #TeamUruka, I suggest you ignore the anime and read the manga and see if all that you said or picked up from the anime are true or not.

Also, I have connection with Japanese people on personal level. And I can assure you that minimal credit in English is not as easy as it seems from the point of view of Japan, and certainly not for someone who says "Beri Beri Hayaii". It has been perceived as a big obstacle/ tall task in many manga/novel before Bokuben and it will continue to be used in Japanese stories - it is what it is.

She also declared her love for him by overcoming her shyness in their middle school swimming pool. But Nariyuki took it as part of the practice. You cannot put a finger on her for not declaring her love. Just like Fumino's denial, Rizu's logic, Senpai's tease, Sensei's social standing, "shyness" is Uruka's obstacle. If she could overcome it just like that, there wouldn't be a Bokuben - which is a harem romcom. That's her odd. Being the closest to Nariyuki but unable to tell him.

Also, if you read the manga, you cannot say she won by default (she has not won in the manga, btw). The jinx isn't even needed for Uruka's case. If anyone needed a jinx to win, it would have to be anyone other than Uruka and Sensei. Especially Fumino. That's what Fumino fans in r/anime have been trying to prove since the fireworks silhouette appeared. Uruka fans don't really think she needs to be the jinx'ed girl to win.

Also, many thought Fumino had it in her bag after her arc. The tides have since changed with every heroine getting their own arcs (except for Uruka - the only heroine whose arc is left for the last, not before everything is done and settled). Especially Sensei's arc. It was f*cking beautiful.

And naysayers use the word "osananajimi" and "tanlines" to counter Uruka's chances. That's pretty much having the mentality of following the usual tropes/cliches and not seeing an actual work (that is why KamiNomi is the greatest harem romcom ever). I can assure you on one thing, those tags certainly make her the most unlikely to win from how it has been spoon fed romcom fans for a long time now, but everything else, her interactions, her presence, her contribution, her influence in the story and on/for Nariyuki negates those tags unlike any other manga I have read in the past. And I read a lot.
shanimebibDec 29, 2019 10:52 AM
Coronavirus.
Dec 29, 2019 11:08 AM

Mar 2013
I enjoyed this series but the ending felt super rushed. Left so many open ends too. There is still one OVA to go so it'd be nice if they used that to tie up the loose ends but I don't see that as particularly likely.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Dec 29, 2019 11:13 AM
Apr 2019
As a manga reader im pretty disappointed by anime original ending.. like wut...
This AMV is better than anime..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ko_elLbqTQ&t=

No miharu, no apron sensei

4/10

Anime is a mistake

Go read the manga from the beginning anime-onlies..

JicaDec 29, 2019 1:26 PM
Dec 29, 2019 11:22 AM
Jan 2016
shanimebib said:
Limaolc said:
Seems everyone passed in their exam entrances, and everyone was there seeing Uruka leaving to england!

Not England. She is accepted in Australia - the home of champion swimmers. It is already mentioned in the story that she is a national treasure and has all the attributes to represent Japan in the world stage.

Also, there SHALL NOT be a third season. If you want to know more, read the manga. Uruka has neither left the country in the manga nor she has been revealed as the end girl.

Oh my bad, i missunderstand, yeah it was Australia, i was thinking in english as language and put it wrong!

Ah so it was new at anime, i will think if some day i will read manga, since i am more for animes!
Dec 29, 2019 11:28 AM

Oct 2010
shanimebib said:

It has been perceived as a big obstacle/ tall task in many manga/novel before Bokuben and it will continue to be used in Japanese stories - it is what it is.

It is kind of a trope but it won't be used as much anymore. Internet changes a lot for those who actually want to become fluent in any widely used language. Native speakers and native content, yo.
So many researches notice new generations being more proficient in foreign languages.

shanimebib said:

She also declared her love for him by overcoming her shyness in their middle school swimming pool. But Nariyuki took it as part of the practice. You cannot put a finger on her for not declaring her love.

I just define 'declare' being more then just mumbling 'I love you'. You must be heard and understood. Proper communication. TCP, not UDP.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2019

77 by Harameek »»
Jan 6, 11:42 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai! Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2019

49 by Tsinelas »»
Nov 17, 2023 9:00 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2019

87 by Tsinelas »»
Nov 13, 2023 11:47 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai! Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2019

47 by Tsinelas »»
Nov 12, 2023 11:46 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2019

52 by Tsinelas »»
Nov 11, 2023 7:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.