+1

Also, Ghost Reveries by Opeth
OK Computer by Radiohead
Alive by Daft Punk
Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd
SNK s2 ost by Sawano
Dec 16, 2019 8:34 AM

Jan 2017
@operationvalkyri A truly well-produced and beautiful album. The remastered-version was the biggest crime to humanity :(
Dec 16, 2019 8:38 AM
Jul 2018
MySweetLucifer said:
@operationvalkyri A truly well-produced and beautiful album. The remastered-version was the biggest crime to humanity :(
Really? I believe I've only listened to the remaster. How are the two different?
Dec 16, 2019 8:42 AM

Jan 2017
operationvalkyri said:
MySweetLucifer said:
Really? I believe I've only listened to the remaster. How are the two different?

The Original-CD release from 1989 had a way deeper, louder and more dynamic sound.
Dec 16, 2019 8:56 AM
Jul 2018
MySweetLucifer said:
operationvalkyri said:

The Original-CD release from 1989 had a way deeper, louder and more dynamic sound.
Pity that I won't get to experience it then. Despite that, the album is indeed a masterpiece that sprung from the very depths of Robert Smith's drug influenced soul and worms its way into the souls of the listeners. It's not just music, it's an experience.
Dec 16, 2019 9:00 AM

Jan 2017
@operationvalkyri Oh yes it is. "Prayers For Rain", "The Same Deep Water As You" and "Disintegration" in my opinion is one of the best 3-Songs-in-a-row in history.
Dec 16, 2019 9:11 AM
Jul 2018
MySweetLucifer said:
@operationvalkyri Oh yes it is. "Prayers For Rain", "The Same Deep Water As You" and "Disintegration" in my opinion is one of the best 3-Songs-in-a-row in history.
No surprise that I completely agree with you. Those are my 3 favourite songs from the album as well, building and building up to the crescendo that is Disintegration, when everything falls apart. I also like it being followed by Homesick (at least on my album copy) which features one of the best guitar, bass, piano combos I've heard.
Dec 16, 2019 10:39 AM

Mar 2014
Wardruna - Runaljod - Yggdrasil
“Loddfafnir, listen to my counsel: You will fare well if you follow it, It will help you much if you heed it. If aware that another is wicked, say so: Make no truce or treaty with foes.” - Havamal 127
Dec 16, 2019 11:25 AM
Jul 2018
The Suburbs - Arcade Fire. Masterpiece album that defined the 10's for me.
Dec 16, 2019 1:43 PM

May 2013
Blurryface by Twenty one pilots

Amen by Rich Brian

Ginger by Brockhampton

The Golden Age by Woodkid

23 by hyukoh

Say Goodbye to Memory Den by DYGL

Spirit by Depeche Mode

I like these a lot

Dec 16, 2019 7:07 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Demon Days by Gorillaz of course
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 16, 2019 9:17 PM

Mar 2012
DatRandomDude said:
Demon Days by Gorillaz of course

This is not a bad choice @ all.....

But I'd have to say:
Food & Liquor by Lupe Fiasco
Figure 8 by Elliott Smith

Its sort of a tie between the two, but idk which 1 I love more.
Dec 16, 2019 11:31 PM

Dec 2019
MySweetLucifer said:
"The Glow Pt. 2" by The Microphones

One of the greatest albums ever recorded. Do you follow his work as Mount Eerie? I’m convinced Phil can’t put out a bad record.

Some of my favourites:

Deathconciousness by Have A Nice Life

The Glow Pt. 2 by The Microphones

Power Corruption and Lies by New Order

Sound of Silver by LCD Soundsystem

Joy as an Act of Resistance by Idles
Dec 17, 2019 2:04 AM

Jan 2017
Yarbzee said:

One of the greatest albums ever recorded. Do you follow his work as Mount Eerie? I’m convinced Phil can’t put out a bad record.

What I loved about The Glow Pt.2 the most was the versatilitiy of it. I love the melancholy and the rawness of it, The noise and folk-rock combination. And of course I love that frickin' foghorn.
Yes I have listened to all of Phil Elverums Albums. The last MIcrophones-Album "Mount Eerie" has great Moments ("the Sun" was the best thing on it). "No Flashlight" was a great folk-album but also had some Noisy-elements I like. "Lost Wisdom" was pretty corny imo but it was bearable. After that there is no Elverum record that I liked that much. The Black-Metal influences on "Wind's Poem" were interesting, but most what he did simply wasn't for me. This is of course just my own opinion.
MySweetLuciferDec 17, 2019 4:10 AM
Dec 17, 2019 5:14 AM

Dec 2019
MySweetLucifer said:
Yarbzee said:

What I loved about The Glow Pt.2 the most was the versatilitiy of it. I love the melancholy and the rawness of it, The noise and folk-rock combination. And of course I love that frickin' foghorn.
Yes I have listened to all of Phil Elverums Albums. The last MIcrophones-Album "Mount Eerie" has great Moments ("the Sun" was the best thing on it). "No Flashlight" was a great folk-album but also had some Noisy-elements I like. "Lost Wisdom" was pretty corny imo but it was bearable. After that there is no Elverum record that I liked that much. The Black-Metal influences on "Wind's Poem" were interesting, but most what he did simply wasn't for me. This is of course just my own opinion.

I always loved how the album keeps you on your toes. The constant shifts in instrumentals, especially as it grows more chaotic midway through, occasionally throwing you a gentle, almost melodic track like a port in a storm.
I wasn’t keen on Lost Wisdom either, and the recent follow up, while better, was still underwhelming.
He’s definitely taken a more “barebones” approach lately which I can understand people not enjoying. That said, A Crow Looked At Me was one of my favourites the year it came out.
Dec 17, 2019 10:44 AM

Dec 2018
Sonic Aventure 2 Vinyl LP
Dec 17, 2019 5:11 PM
Jul 2018
Obscura by Gorguts

50 years ahead of its time nobody here would like it
Dec 18, 2019 1:09 AM

Dec 2018
KairoSeijuro said:
Obscura by Gorguts

Huh. That was the last thing I expected to read here. Gorguts - Obscura is one of my favorites. I also enjoy From Wisdom to Hate although it suffers from the band toning it down a bit after their previous beast of an album.
Dec 18, 2019 7:33 AM
Jul 2018
KBLOVECRAFT said:
KairoSeijuro said:
Obscura by Gorguts

Huh. That was the last thing I expected to read here. Gorguts - Obscura is one of my favorites. I also enjoy From Wisdom to Hate although it suffers from the band toning it down a bit after their previous beast of an album.

big ups man it's a masterpiece i didn't expect anyone else here to know about it lol. Onset of Putrefaction by Necrophagist might be 2nd place for me

I like pretty much all Gorguts stuff but Obscura is on another planet
Dec 19, 2019 9:15 PM

Jul 2015
"Long Season" by Fishmans

"Clube da Esquina" by Milton Nascimento & Lô Borges

"Music in Twelve Parts" by The Philip Glass Ensemble / Michael Riesman

"Dangerous" by Michael Jackson
Dec 19, 2019 11:33 PM

Jun 2016
Yes the album is one song.

Dec 19, 2019 11:34 PM

Jun 2016
KairoSeijuro said:
Obscura by Gorguts

I have three physical copies on different formats.
Dec 20, 2019 8:09 AM
Jul 2018
Vorpality said:
KairoSeijuro said:
Obscura by Gorguts

I have three physical copies on different formats.

:D <3

it's righteous eh

i have 0 physical copies of it but i might get one some day
Dec 22, 2019 6:34 AM

Mar 2019
STICKY FINGERS - Joj- sorry I mean Rolling Stones
Dec 22, 2019 9:56 AM

Nov 2017
Atetotion said:
Car Seat Headrest - Twin Fantasy

Real sadboi hours

same, you can prob tell how big of a fan i am lol
Dec 23, 2019 2:46 AM

Feb 2019
The Wall
Sticky Fingers
Smile
Blonde on Blonde
MMLP
Blackwater Park
10,000 Days
Obzen
Reign in Blood
Dec 24, 2019 1:45 PM

Sep 2019
There is a lot! But here it goes...

Nightfall in the Middle of the Earth - Blind Guardian
Keeper of the Seven Keys Parts 1 & 2 - Helloween
Where no life dwells - Unleashed
Scream Bloody Gore - Death
Of Wars in Osyhria - Fairyland
NEWS - 403
真実の石碑 - Dragon Guardian
Ride The Lightning - Metallica
Rust in Peace Megadeth
The Lost Dimension - Druadan Forest
Wings of Forever - Power Quest
A Night at the Opera - Queen
Neverworld - Power Quest
Deep Purple in Rock - Deep Purple
Reign in Blood - Slayer
Elements pt 1. - Stratovarius
Destiny - Stratovarius
Queen - Queen
Perpetual Twilight - Axenstar
Glory to the Brave - Hammerfall
Legacy of the Kings - Hammerfall
Renegade - Hammerfall
A Flame to the Ground Beneath - Lost Horizon
New World Messiah - Nocturnal Rites
Colony - In Flames
The Arrival - Magic Kingdom
Slaughter of the Soul
Let the devil in - Sargiest

There are TONS more after this though.
"I suffered all my life. No one ever truly loved me. No one ever truly cared about me. I only loved one thing in my whole life and that was Christina Menefee. But she was torn away from me. I tried to save myself with [student’s name], but she never cared for me. As it turns out, she made fun of me behind my back while we were together. And all throughout my life I was ridiculed. Always beaten, always hated. [...] I am malicious because I am miserable."

"It was not a cry for attention, it was not a cry for help. It was a scream in sheer agony [...]"
-Luke Woodham

Dec 25, 2019 12:40 PM

Mar 2019
There are a lot of albums that I love (just check my profile, I'm not gonna bother copy-pasting), so picking one is pretty difficult. I'd probably pick either Escapeland by effe (ambient electronic) or Reclaimer by Shadow of Intent (melodic deathcore). They're pretty different from each other, but I still love both of them to death.

This one caught my attention, as up until now, I've only listened to the title track of that album in isolation. I'm currently listening to it in its entirety (2nd song so far), and I've gotta say, it's pretty fuckin' sweet so far. I'll probably update with an edit when I'm done

Edit: So, I've given the album a listen. Although I'm certainly not a djent-enthusiast, I enjoyed the record on the whole. The most negative thing I have to say about it is that a lot of the tracks felt a bit samey and started blending together in my head, especially considering this has a 50 minute run time. This is probably because the melodies are a whole lot more subtle than the other music I listen to; if I listened to more djent, then I'd likely be able to distinguish them more easily. That's why the closing track is my favourite, as it was the one that stuck out the most. I can certainly understand why people love it, because I loved some of it, but I just can't listen to it for very long without tuning out. Overall, an enjoyable listen, but probably not something I'd put on again. I'd rather just listen to the individual songs I explicitly like instead of the whole album. Anyway, I didn't really come here to shit on other people's favourites, I just thought I'd listen to an album I've never listened to before and give my thoughts.
ArcyseDec 25, 2019 1:45 PM
Dec 27, 2019 3:25 PM

Feb 2016
MySweetLucifer said:
"An Electric Storm" by White Noise

"Not Available" by The Residents

"The Alternative" by IAMX

"Black Celebration" by Depeche Mode

"Disintegration" by The Cure

"Gentle Giant" by Gentle Giant

"Stupid Dream" by Porcupine Tree

"Ceremonials" by Florence & The Machine

"Without You I'm Nothing" by Placebo

fantastic choices. that white noise album is kinda underrated
Dec 28, 2019 6:56 AM

Jun 2019
-Animals by Pink Floyd is the one I can safely mention. Loved most of their works but that album is just too personal to not mention.
-Aenema by TOOL too. Undertow and Lateralus were amazing in their own regards but aenema has that infinite replayability.
-Both Joy division albums. idc if people consider unknown pleasures to be their best album, I just enjoy both equally for different reasons.
-More Songs About Buildings and Food by Talking Heads is another banger of an album.
-Gotta show some love to Bowie too. Heathen and The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars are probably my most listened ones.
-I could mention like 15 Pillows albums here, but I'll just add Good Dreams and Please Mr. Lostman for now and call it a day hiding my fanboy side.

I've only listened to around 200-ish albums as of now. Used to prefer listening to music by just random songs or playlists that pops up in my feed, until this year. Most likely gonna hit the 1k mark before the end of 2020, hopefully.
by whom tho? Beach Boys?? Fuck yes if it's related to Pillows', though I highly doubt it...
ShitasteDec 28, 2019 6:59 AM

ブレ
ブレ
ブレ
ブレ

Dec 28, 2019 9:29 AM

Jan 2016
Kendrick Lamar - Section.80 (so far, I have listened to like 10 albums)

edit: It has been dethroned by Denzel Curry's TA13OO
RobinTKJan 14, 2020 7:06 AM
Dec 28, 2019 11:46 AM

Jan 2017
TibetanJazz666 said:

fantastic choices. that white noise album is kinda underrated

Yes. Albums I've forgotten are like: "Days Of Future Passed" by The Moody Blues and "Animals" by Pink Floyd.
Dec 28, 2019 3:36 PM
Feb 2017
'Remain in Light' by Talking Heads; it's pretty much a perfect album, in my opinion. Flawless A-side and extremely good B-side.

'The Overload' is the weakest track in the album, and it sounds like something Joy Division would've made, so even then, it's still pretty good. It's hard to believe that album was made in 1980.

New wave/post-punk/afrobeat perfection. 'Born Under Punches' is probably my favorite track. That track's such a banger.
Dec 28, 2019 4:24 PM

Feb 2016
Forgot to leave an album,

Definetly Machine Gun by the legend Brotzmann. Really noisy and cathartic, far more extreme than any metal. Crazy to think that these noises were made by people. Whenever little moments of melody or harmony arise they are so much more powerful due to the relentless and abrasive context.

Really cool to see varied taste amongst the posts here.
Dec 28, 2019 4:27 PM

Dec 2014
Finally Famous Vol. 3 Big Sean

edit: actually no. I have no clear favorite, but this one just came to mind first. I'm changing it to B4.DA.$$
Dec 28, 2019 6:36 PM

Jun 2019
Albums are a dying concept - they've been prattling about it on the news since 2016 and it's been evident in real life for longger

In fact some albums are so lopsided in terms of quality and consistency, I'm not always in love with the tunes. That being said if say, I listened to 6 songs from an artist organically and I love it then I may listen to their album or ep

Currently the only album I'm listening to I wouldn't call my favourite because that's on heavy rotation only cause I was too lazy to make a playlist

Playlists are the way to go
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 28, 2019 6:38 PM

Jun 2019
Shinah said:
Blurryface by Twenty one pilots

Amen by Rich Brian

Ginger by Brockhampton

The Golden Age by Woodkid

23 by hyukoh

Say Goodbye to Memory Den by DYGL

Spirit by Depeche Mode

I like these a lot

Aye nice to see Hyukoh on this list ;) what a sexy voice.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 28, 2019 7:02 PM

Jan 2019
Daft Punk - Random Access Memory
Madeon - Adventure
Tool - Lateralus
Fred V & Grafix - Ultraviolet
Steve Angello - Wild Youth
The Glitch Mob - Love, Death, Immortality
Swedish House Mafia - Until Now
Liquid Tension Experiment I & II (1998-1999)
Bassnectar - Unlimited
Galantis - Pharmacy

also i have my local languange album who have some special place in my fav category.

> Padi - Save My Soul
Dec 28, 2019 7:11 PM
Jul 2009
Koshi Inaba - Magma
Donald Fagen - The Nightfly
Tatsuro Yamashita - For You
Kazuyoshi Nakamura - Taiyou
The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper and Revolver
Fishmans - Kuchu Camp
Kenji Ozawa - Life
Bob Marley - Legend
Stevie Wonder - Innervisions
Led Zeppelin - Led Zepellin 4
Yutaka Ozaki - 17sai no Chizu
Goro Noguchi - 1013hpa
James Brown - Live at the Apollo

From my country:
Pure Saturday - Pure Saturday
Padi - Sesuatu Yang Tertunda
Badai Pasti Berlalu soundtrack original version
Guruh Gypsy - Guruh Gypsy
Roxx - Roxx
Dewa - Bintang Lima
Koshi_InabaDec 28, 2019 7:19 PM
Dec 28, 2019 8:10 PM

Jun 2019
HappyPicnic said:
Albums are a dying concept - they've been prattling about it on the news since 2016 and it's been evident in real life for longger

In fact some albums are so lopsided in terms of quality and consistency, I'm not always in love with the tunes. That being said if say, I listened to 6 songs from an artist organically and I love it then I may listen to their album or ep

Currently the only album I'm listening to I wouldn't call my favourite because that's on heavy rotation only cause I was too lazy to make a playlist

Playlists are the way to go

I used to think that way too. Even if the concept looks like it's "dying", I still feel like it's best to get familiarize with any new or old bands/artists through their albums rather than looking for "greatest hits" playlists of them. Albums still have something special that mere playlists don't. Stuff like transition, relativeness and how the next song powers up the emotions and meaning of the previous song etc.

Once I've finished listening to their entire discography, I can finally take my time to find my personal favorite songs created by the said band/artist and then listening to just their albums won't be a necessity anymore. Of course it's not guaranteed that every album will have the same impact and impression as others, but at least I'll be able to say that I've listened to all of their works.

Playlists usually have the popular stuff, or at the very best, the personal favorites of the guy who created that playlist, whom may or may not have the same preferences as me. It's more exciting to find those "favorite songs" on my own rather than finding them from other's playlist. I might find those "hidden gems" that never got the recognition. That's how I feel anyway.

ブレ
ブレ
ブレ
ブレ

Dec 28, 2019 9:45 PM

Sep 2017
Pink Moon - Nick Drake
Dec 28, 2019 9:51 PM

Sep 2017
MySweetLucifer said:

"Gentle Giant" by Gentle Giant

Both of these are great. Tarkus by ELP is probably my fav prog album but GG and King Crimson's Lizard are basically right up there with it.

I'm a bit of an authority on sad folk music, Glow Pt 2 is an essential.
Dec 29, 2019 1:54 AM

Jan 2017
LordQuaz said:

Both of these are great. Tarkus by ELP is probably my fav prog album but GG and King Crimson's Lizard are basically right up there with it.

I'm a bit of an authority on sad folk music, Glow Pt 2 is an essential.

Well, I'm generally not a fan of Prog which's too Jam-oriented, Jazzy and hard to listen to, so ELP and King Crimson aren't my favourites from that Genre. I like that Gentle Giant Album because besides that Jazzy stuff, they wrote some good songs. The title-track alone is very bombastic, epic and worth the whole thing. When it comes to Prog, I'm more of a Pink Floyd (1973-1979 era) and The Moody Blues guy.

I see you picked "Pink Moon" by Nick Drake. I like that too. It's very melancholic (what I love) and has a warmth to it.
MySweetLuciferDec 29, 2019 5:35 AM
Dec 29, 2019 9:00 AM

Sep 2017
MySweetLucifer said:

Well, I'm generally not a fan of Prog which's too Jam-oriented, Jazzy and hard to listen to, so ELP and King Crimson aren't my favourites from that Genre. I like that Gentle Giant Album because besides that Jazzy stuff, they wrote some good songs. The title-track alone is very bombastic, epic and worth the whole thing. When it comes to Prog, I'm more of a Pink Floyd (1973-1979 era) and The Moody Blues guy.

I certainly get that, I felt the same until I started hanging out with some jazz heads and developed an ear for it and now I love it. That said, I do still tend to gravitate towards the chiller side of jazz; think Peanuts Christmas soundtrack or Bossa Nova. But there's a special type of expressiveness in that free form style. My favorite album of the decade was "You're Dead!" by Flying Lotus, which features Thundercat and Kamasi Washington among others going buckwild, but also has its fair share of more accessible listening.

MySweetLucifer said:
I see you picked "Pink Moon" by Nick Drake. I like that too. It's very melancholic (what I love) and has a warmth to it.

Yeah it's got this exetremely detached, depressive mood to it on tracks like "Things Behind the Sun" and "Harvest Breed" which juxtaposes VERY powerfully with that warmth on tracks like "Which Will" and "From the Morning". Not to mention that Nick revolutionized the "singer with an acoustic guitar" style, no one outside of classical music was writing songs in tunings like BADGAD until Nick Drake. I heard him when I was only like 12 years old and my ears were not ready for those chords.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» BEST WEEZER SONG???

removed-user - Jan 29

5 by Eternal_Rest »»
2 hours ago

» What sort of songs do you listen to ? ( 1 2 )

scarydragon - Aug 1, 2023

52 by Eternal_Rest »»
2 hours ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7586 by juanlqr »»
4 hours ago

» hardcore/skramz/emo/metalcore/post-hardcore/post-metal/blackened/crust

bloodecho - Feb 14

31 by Mattenan »»
10 hours ago

» Anime songs in your playlist

bevarnow - Mar 11

3 by Theo1899 »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.