Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 1, 2019 9:46 PM

Jan 2015
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Ehhh, don’t know how to feel about this. It wasn’t bad by any means, but it wasn’t good either.
Very very standard shonen, with predictable storyline:
• we get introduced to a character
• random danger appears
• character awakens some kind of hidden power

Will stick to this a bit more to see if it gets any better
XenocrisiDec 1, 2019 10:17 PM
Dec 1, 2019 10:48 PM
Aug 2018
Ye, this is pretty standard shonen stuff, really underwhelmed. And it also bothers me that the MC for some reason is far more concerned about making this girl smile than the fact that his twin brother is dead.
Dec 2, 2019 12:34 AM
Nov 2017
I think this will be some nice midrange entertaining Manga, nothing more but basically good
Dec 2, 2019 3:32 AM

Jun 2014
I feel like this is trying a little bit too hard to take after BNHA, but the mc is inspired by the one from Jujutsu Kaisen. The art is excellent, but the story could get boring really quickly. The characters didn't really convince me either. I will give it some credit, it's already significantly better than all the Jump manga that made their debut from January-November this year.
:3
Dec 2, 2019 3:59 AM
Feb 2016
Yeah ,like Gleipner + big Hero 6 , i think this manga Will be kicked in 12 chapter
Dec 2, 2019 6:53 AM

Oct 2012
this is the first chapter... the one that is supposed to stay with us for a while and live an impression and yet it feels... meh... like nothing really stands out. Look I get, the mangaka was an asisstant of Hori and Oda, but that doesnt mean that you have to rip-off your sensei's work, and this really feels like a MHA chapter 1 adapted to a Big Hero 6 situation.

Im gonna be here reading for the whole ride, because im not expecting more than 20 chapters out of this unless it turns it's wheels and changes majorly in the next 2 chapters... and i really dont think that will happen.
Dec 2, 2019 7:03 PM

Jan 2015
Not impressed by the first chapter either, but will stick around to see where it goes. Maybe it'll get interesting later?

It did remind me of those One Piece characters that use the jake jake no mi, though. The strong but dumb brother wearing a suit made of literally the smart but weak brother.
Dec 2, 2019 11:31 PM

Apr 2014
Aside from it being a shonen series about a boy who inherits the power of a hero he idolizes, I don't see how this is like My Hero Academia. But anyways, as a fan of Kamen Rider and such, I'm interested, but so far I feel like it's not going to be well-written. Having the brother be so insanely smart at such a young age and then randomly dying puts me off a bit, but I think the premise of him wearing a suit that contains his brother's consciousness to fight as a superhero is an interesting concept. I'd like to see where they go with it.

elvishen said:
It did remind me of those One Piece characters that use the jake jake no mi, though. The strong but dumb brother wearing a suit made of literally the smart but weak brother.

The ones from Dressrosa? For sure.
Dec 3, 2019 9:51 PM
Jan 2019
not the best first chapter i've read but definitely not half bad. seems like it's gonna be another typical battle-shounen but i don't hate it.
gonna give it another 9 chapters to see if i should drop it or not.
Dec 5, 2019 8:28 AM
Apr 2017
I knew I wouldn't like this one before reading it, but I did so anyway and yep... I'll pass. Heroes, Hero names, special moves .. giant robots. I hope it goes well though.
Dec 8, 2019 1:42 AM
Overthinker

Jun 2017
The motivation is actually kinda lame. I actually liked the twin more, reminded me of Senku (in terms of personality). The over the top action was cool and all but if this series is smart it’ll focus on the mystery behind whoever “killed” the brother & made a giant robot. It’s hard to stick around in SJ and I don’t have the highest hopes for this series
Dec 14, 2019 9:24 AM

Jun 2015
This reminded me of early 2000s shounen. Simple but effective narrative.
I called it, the Zipman suit being Koshiro as soon as it appeared.
I'll also stick around to see what happens.
Dec 14, 2019 9:54 AM

Jun 2015
alpha_shadow said:
I feel like this is trying a little bit too hard to take after BNHA, but the mc is inspired by the one from Jujutsu Kaisen. The art is excellent, but the story could get boring really quickly. The characters didn't really convince me either. I will give it some credit, it's already significantly better than all the Jump manga that made their debut from January-November this year.
Well, Yuusaku Shibata is Horikoshi's assistant
Dec 23, 2019 12:23 AM

Aug 2018
It looks like MHA but The manga isn't something new so I will give it a try
Dec 25, 2019 2:28 AM

May 2015
I'm going to give this series a try since I'm trying to get into some of the new/newer Jump series. I need more weekly manga to read and although so far this doesn't seem like it's going to be anything special, I'll still give it a shot. It might get axed in 20 chapters or it might surprise me. We'll see. So far the first chapter is very typical shonen. I do like the idea of the deceased brother's consciousness being in the suit and the other bro using it to fight. A combo fighting team in this manner is pretty cool.
Dec 31, 2019 9:50 AM

Nov 2012
Shows promise and I love the art style :))
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Feb 3, 2020 9:16 PM
Jul 2014
The art style on the cover, on Manga Plus, alone got me to try out this manga, I actually liked this a whole lot.
Feb 19, 2020 4:58 AM

Jan 2013
Blues_EXE said:
Ye, this is pretty standard shonen stuff, really underwhelmed. And it also bothers me that the MC for some reason is far more concerned about making this girl smile than the fact that his twin brother is dead.
Right? It had only been a week since his brother died and he looks pretty easy going and indifferent about it lol
Nov 10, 2021 11:17 AM

Mar 2020
The whole story is pretty basic and bland, but I do like the art and I definitely can see some Kohei Horikoshi work in his story(as he was an assistant for him).
"The best defence is a good offence" - Kiyoshi Fujino (Prison School EP 11)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zipman!! Chapter 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2020

4 by PlasticRobot »»
Oct 24, 2023 11:32 AM

Poll: » Zipman!! Chapter 7 Discussion

Kuma - Jan 26, 2020

6 by PlasticRobot »»
Oct 24, 2023 10:22 AM

Poll: » Zipman!! Chapter 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2019

10 by -Nekomo- »»
Nov 10, 2021 11:38 AM

Poll: » Zipman!! Chapter 2 Discussion

Xenocrisi - Dec 8, 2019

15 by -Nekomo- »»
Nov 10, 2021 11:27 AM

Poll: » Zipman!! Chapter 17 Discussion

happyfacecool - Apr 5, 2020

13 by Yohan729 »»
Jan 14, 2021 10:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.