Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2020 7:19 AM

Mar 2015
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
it's cool and all but it's not exciting somehow.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jan 26, 2020 7:56 AM
Jun 2017
Cool idea with the giant weapons coming out of her box but it remind s me of the ability from this girl from MHA who also can produce objects out of nothing. Hoped the fight would be more strategic. Seems unrealistic that he can just catch this big rocket powered sword while in chains without being injured, just too convenient to remember being able to catch swords.
So he has to fight next against this cat suit guy and than against the dinosaur. I think because the cat guy is small and not suited for combat he will use more logical oriented skills against Zipman, maybe a stronger remote controlled guard, at least I think he constructed them as a type of engineer. Hope the next fights last longer or at least the last fight will make him use all his collected ablities to being able to win the fight.
Not so bad but not as good as imagined, at least the chairmans location will be unveiled at the end of this arc, maybe than things will get more exciting.
I think this or the next chapter should be the last of the first volume, so next month we will see how well in sales the tankobon does.
C009gJan 26, 2020 8:19 AM
Jan 26, 2020 11:07 AM

Jun 2015
C009g said:
Cool idea with the giant weapons coming out of her box but it remind s me of the ability from this girl from MHA who also can produce objects out of nothing.

It's not really out of nothing though. Momo weapons are generated using the fat of her body.
Jan 26, 2020 11:09 AM

Jun 2015
That was too easy. I hope the next fights are not so brute force like that. Even though this seems like a tokusatsu in the form of a manga, full of absurdities.
Jan 26, 2020 1:27 PM

Mar 2014
Not feeling this much. The action is too brief and everything is too familiar as everyone has pointed out. We'll see how future fights play out but so far this is imo the weakest ongoing SJ series. I feel like all the other ones have at least something new to their name.
Updated my journal
Jan 26, 2020 3:13 PM

Oct 2019
This series is definitely gonna get axed
Oct 24, 2023 10:22 AM

Oct 2023
I can see why this got canceled. It's mostly inoffensive fun, but that may be one of the reasons it's just not working. There is very little reason to care for anything happening in the borderline nonexistent story, nor is there a reason to care for the characters. The MC is okay, and everything is certainly stylish, but it's still so vapid. Even the action, despite being quite good from time to time, really does end up feeling sort of weightless because of this lack of setting or scale.

I'll read Vol 2, but I don't expect to be feeling all too saddened by its abrupt end when I reach it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zipman!! Chapter 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2020

4 by PlasticRobot »»
Oct 24, 2023 11:32 AM

Poll: » Zipman!! Chapter 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2019

10 by -Nekomo- »»
Nov 10, 2021 11:38 AM

Poll: » Zipman!! Chapter 2 Discussion

Xenocrisi - Dec 8, 2019

15 by -Nekomo- »»
Nov 10, 2021 11:27 AM

Poll: » Zipman!! Chapter 1 Discussion

Xenocrisi - Dec 1, 2019

18 by -Nekomo- »»
Nov 10, 2021 11:17 AM

Poll: » Zipman!! Chapter 17 Discussion

happyfacecool - Apr 5, 2020

13 by Yohan729 »»
Jan 14, 2021 10:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.