New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Nov 14, 2019 8:51 PM

Nov 2017
Layzner

Maybe Berserk too for ending so abruptly
Nov 14, 2019 9:05 PM
Sep 2016
Kado the right answer or Seikaisuru Kado.
The last few episodes almost made me break my laptop.
Nov 14, 2019 9:11 PM
Apr 2018
Controversial one Mirai nikki.
but atleast I found Yousei Teikoku from it.
Nov 14, 2019 9:26 PM

Nov 2008
Agent_Redacted said:
No doubt Angel Of Death. The story development was so fucking good but the ending fucked it all.

Which ending did you mean? Because a LOT of people misunderstood it. The novel version confirms what actually happened. Hopefully the manga will too, once Kudan draws the last chapter...
ChiibiNov 14, 2019 9:37 PM

Nov 14, 2019 9:44 PM

Feb 2019
Darling in the Franxx if it had ended at 14 would have been an all-time classic
Nov 14, 2019 10:00 PM

Oct 2019
I think the biggest let downs (at least that I've seen) were

- Zankyou no Terror
I think the premise of it was really cool but was just really poorly executed. Like, the idea of telling a story about terrorism but from the perspective of the terrorists was really appealing and I was like yes this is gonna be great. But the whole way the story was told and the way things unfolded was honestly just disappointing. In my opinion, it would have been much more interesting if the focus was less on trying to be mysterious about why they're being terrorists and more about Lisa's role in all of it. The way it was, I feel like you could remove her character completely and nothing would change. If they actually gave her a personality and a reason to be there, or even told the story from her perspective, it would have been much better.

- Charlotte
For the same reasons stated by people before me. I liked the first half and the twist in the middle was good but then the plot kind of spiraled out of control with kind of random elements being added and the characters became inconsistent and that ending was all over the place.

- Guilty crown
The first episode was amazing. The way it started with that peaceful music over all the action and violence drew me in right away and the basic plot which was made obvious at the end of the first episode really sold me. I thought it was gonna be amazing. I'll admit I quite liked the first half of it and even though it didn't feel complete, I would rather it have finished there than turn into some weird ass mc-goes-insane-while-trying-too-hard-to-be-badass kind of show where he just turn into an unlikeable dickhead. And let's not forget the incest-driven villain.
Honestly what even was that ending. I understood nothing and it was pretty forgettable.
Nov 14, 2019 10:29 PM
Jul 2018
Kabaneri of the iron fortress. The first half was brilliant in my opinion then it just went downhill when that 'big brother' showed up. Mumei became annoying after that too.

Your lie in April. Was having more than 20 episodes even worth it? A good 15 or less would've been brilliant. I lost interest in that show after 10 episodes but forced myself to watch another 8. Couldn't Continue. Instant drop. The characters became bland. Kaori once again let me down. The only crying I did was while forcing myself through those 8 episodes. What a waste of time.

SAO. Enough said.

Fire force. What an interesting premise! Was I the only one who found the first episode awkward to watch? I don't know about you, but it started feeling off from the very beginning.

Charlotte. WHY SOLVE ALL YOUR PROBLEMS IN THE LAST EPISODE. I swear, I became wary of the episode count from episode 10 onwards. A good 15 or more episodes would help it avoid the rushed ending.

Uh. There's more but I forgot :\
Nov 15, 2019 2:18 AM

Jun 2016
Bleach :( After episode. 65-71 or something in that range it died RRRRRRRRiiiiiiGHT down and died. :/
Nov 15, 2019 7:33 AM

Aug 2016
Tokyo Ghoul 100% oh boy was that the biggest disappointment of a series. Season 1 I thought was pretty good and then watching it plummet to rock bottom throughout the next few seasons was a pretty horrific sight to behold.
Nov 15, 2019 7:40 AM

Feb 2017
Satsuriku no Tenshi
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Death Note
Best ending line in anime history = "My name is Saiki Kusuo. I am a psychic."
Nov 15, 2019 8:11 AM
Jan 2019
aditya47 said:
ayalazhar08 said:
wait did i just see death note there i mean yeah the ending was not the best but not the worst either after all the mangaka was planning for a much better one but shonen jump forste them to make it longer .

i meant the repetitive part after you know what.

i had no idea shonen jump forced him to do that ; all they think about is making more money.

aditya47 said:
ayalazhar08 said:
wait did i just see death note there i mean yeah the ending was not the best but not the worst either after all the mangaka was planning for a much better one but shonen jump forste them to make it longer .

i meant the repetitive part after you know what.

i had no idea shonen jump forced him to do that ; all they think about is making more money.

yeah they did and it's so sad, image if the author did what he had in mind, omg it will be the perfect Anime, even now I think it's a masterpiece piece, just imagine
Nov 15, 2019 8:41 AM
Oct 2019
Greyleaf said:
Mahoutsukai no Yome for me. First half was absolutely stellar: I actually thought it was well on its way to becoming one of my favorites, especially since it was rooted in Celtic mysticism (one of my favorite branches of mythology). Well, the second half was egregious... every episode felt disjointed, the pacing was all over the place, and my interest just plummetted. Took me at least two weeks to get through the last four episodes.

Agreed entirely. I began to love it because of the world and myth it's built around, and the story is interesting (in my opinion), but it didn't develop smoothly enough. If it's going to have a sequel, I'll definitely watch that though.
Nov 15, 2019 8:51 AM

Apr 2018
Angel Beats and Charlotte both had the opportunity to be some of the best anime up there, but Angel Beats came out fairly mediocre and Charlotte was a complete train-wreck.
Nov 15, 2019 8:55 AM

Jan 2015
rezero, couldve been a good non harem isekai -just to clarify, rem ruined this show, completely

fate fsn was a huge letdown after fate zero
BestBoiErenNov 15, 2019 9:13 AM
Nov 15, 2019 9:10 AM

Feb 2015
I didn't mind the semi-episodic nature of Dororo, but I had problems with its pacing and the inconsistent animation. Just thought it was poorly adapted that I wished Ufotable should have done the reboot instead.
Nov 15, 2019 9:35 AM

Nov 2017
I'm mostly happy with whatever I get. I enjoy the elusive nature of Japanese storytelling, it's why I watch. I never know exactly what's going to happen and am constantly surprised. It must be the cultural differences, it gives me a thrill because I never know what's around the corner.

Even the series that don't work are pretty interesting in how they don't work. Even the failures are pretty fun unless they're dreadful. There's so much cultural literacy that it would take to completely understand what is happening in an anime. I've watched a lot and yet feel like I barely understand this world.

And yet the complaints in this thread come from people who don't understand the basics of storytelling, so they can be stricken. I hate that the same dumb criticisms I read in episode threads come out here. Very sad.

What they read as instead is, "It wasn't EXACTLY what I as a westerner wanted." End of story.

MAL judges things merely on how well animated they are, all other criticism is always secondary. The second most popular argument is, if something unexpected happens, then that goes against their western standards, "Darling in the Franxx didn't end up exactly as I expect/wanted therefore it's trash."

What if I did this to 'To Kill a Mockingbird' or 'Lord of the Flies' or 'Animal Farm'? All classic novels. "It didn't end up how I wanted so it's trash, there's exactly no room for misunderstanding or new understanding on my part or for subtlety, therefore garbage."

Sounds awfully Chinese, tbf. Are you dictator Hitler of literature and storytelling?

The animations that were different in Dororo were artistically done so. The story was based off of old classic drama/tragedy storytelling. The episodic pace of the first 12 episodes likely couldn't have been kept up without changing the story. The story was adapted from an ancient manga that wasn't popular in its day. Yet you demand utter perfection because...it didn't meet your lowly expectations.

Darling in the Franxx didn't meet your lowly expectations. Nothing is good enough.

How sad.
DarkInsomnia57Nov 15, 2019 9:39 AM
Nov 15, 2019 1:04 PM

Sep 2014
DarkInsomnia57 said:
I'm mostly happy with whatever I get. I enjoy the elusive nature of Japanese storytelling, it's why I watch. I never know exactly what's going to happen and am constantly surprised. It must be the cultural differences, it gives me a thrill because I never know what's around the corner.

Even the series that don't work are pretty interesting in how they don't work. Even the failures are pretty fun unless they're dreadful. There's so much cultural literacy that it would take to completely understand what is happening in an anime. I've watched a lot and yet feel like I barely understand this world.

And yet the complaints in this thread come from people who don't understand the basics of storytelling, so they can be stricken. I hate that the same dumb criticisms I read in episode threads come out here. Very sad.

What they read as instead is, "It wasn't EXACTLY what I as a westerner wanted." End of story.

MAL judges things merely on how well animated they are, all other criticism is always secondary. The second most popular argument is, if something unexpected happens, then that goes against their western standards, "Darling in the Franxx didn't end up exactly as I expect/wanted therefore it's trash."

What if I did this to 'To Kill a Mockingbird' or 'Lord of the Flies' or 'Animal Farm'? All classic novels. "It didn't end up how I wanted so it's trash, there's exactly no room for misunderstanding or new understanding on my part or for subtlety, therefore garbage."

Sounds awfully Chinese, tbf. Are you dictator Hitler of literature and storytelling?

The animations that were different in Dororo were artistically done so. The story was based off of old classic drama/tragedy storytelling. The episodic pace of the first 12 episodes likely couldn't have been kept up without changing the story. The story was adapted from an ancient manga that wasn't popular in its day. Yet you demand utter perfection because...it didn't meet your lowly expectations.

Darling in the Franxx didn't meet your lowly expectations. Nothing is good enough.

How sad.

I wholeheartedly agree.

The reason as to why I enjoy anime so much is also the reason why my taste seem to be such a dissension with the western community. I want to discover the story and expect the creator to surprise me. Some episodes can blow my mind with the amount of depth the author can put into their work and how they can subtle tackle problematic of the world or the society is truly fascinating. And I'm always eager to try something artistically new. The possibility of storytelling in anime is unlimited.

When the anime unfold exactly how it was initially highlighted to turn out with no extra coating, then there's no satisfaction. That's why I've always been disappointed by western cinema. I know there are some exceptions, but I'm satisfied enough with anime for now.

Something that I reproach to the complainers is that they don't try to understand what was the author intention all along. Sometimes the author has something in mind, which goes against their western standard, that lead to a message from the author. "Uh why don't don't kill the queerats in shin sekai yori, this is dumb". Yeah really... how about you think about it.

The author don't always fill up everything for the audience. It's for them to solve the puzzle and figure out the off screen scenario based on the sufficient info left on screen. "Why a character acted that way?" He's acting like the character he was described, not your super hero know it all. The character don't have the same pov and the same emotional state as the viewer so he won't always do the choice that you would do.

Also complaining about plot-holes where there aren't just because the anime didn't explained exactly every little plot point. Or simply because plot convenience is sometimes needed otherwise there would have no story to tell.

But I digress.
Nov 15, 2019 1:17 PM

Dec 2018
KarimEdward said:
I don't know dude but fuck Vash the Stampede.

indeed, fuck vash the stampede .,.....
Nov 15, 2019 4:13 PM

Sep 2018
Elfen fucking Lied
That first episode was badass, sure a little edgy, throwing as much nudity and gore in your face as they can, but overall set the tone for a pretty interesting anime. I found Lucy and Nana to be interesting characters and I was excited to see what was in store.

The rest of the show just took the fattest shit over everything that it hyped up to be for me, it’s a surprise I finished it because of how dumb it was in my opinion. Hated the writing and most of the characters, really stupid plot, and don’t get me started on the incest
Nov 15, 2019 4:33 PM

Jul 2016
for me it would be:

Fire force
Domestic na kanojo ( the anime, i still think the manga is great)
Mahoutsukai no Yome (cant say for sure, but after episode 11-13 i lost interes in watching it completly and put the show on hold)

InTheDatabase said:
Re:Creators. I enjoyed the hell out of it, but the unique premise it had was not brought out to its full potential

I feel the same, Was so exited about it when i read the plot and that it was going to be an original anime, and even that i also enjoyed it i feel it was too rushed for a 24 episodes anime.

I feel they could of move the plot in a different way and could of been better, but ignoring the direction they took the show, If they knew it was going to be that long they should of at last focus more in developing the main plot points instead of leaving that many things unanswered and going all over the place during the last episodes.
Nov 15, 2019 4:55 PM
Feb 2017
Pullman said:
Oh god, I can't stand it when plebs rant about the semi-episodic nature of shows like Dororo with their plot forks, completely missing the entire point of episodic shows. Don't watch episodic stuff if you don't like it, but that's their whole selling point, the weekly adventures and encounters are the best part of them, they ARE the main 'plot' if you want to call it that. It's a character-driven anime that's all about Dororo and Hyakkimaru and their choices and development and how their values and personalities are shaped and challenged by their episodic encounters.

The main plot about the demons is just there to set the stage for the themes of the show and to frame the journey, and and it's very replacable. The anime already streamlined the story way more than the manga and that was the biggest reason why it wasn't as charming as the source material, especially in the second half.

How do you even prefer the first half over the second half if you disliked the episodic stuff and want more focus on the story? The first half WAS almost entirely the episodic stuff, and the second half started to focus mostly on the plot, that's why it became less fun and more predictable. It makes no sense to me to dislike the second half and hate on the episodic stuff at the same time. What else is there to like about the first half except the weekly adventures and characterization?

And what more did you want from the main plot anyway? The last few episodes concluded everything perfectly with a well-rounded thematical conclusion. I'm not sure how it was rushed, it took like 4 episodes and included every detail it needed.

It just feels like people have no idea what they want from the show and no idea what the show is trying to do thematically, but if in doubt regarding why they aren't into it as much they just randomly throw out 'episodic elements and not enough focus on plot' out there because it's the only pseudo-criticism they know.

Except it's neither a criticism nor even remotely applicable to Dororo which specifically streamlined the main plot and toned down the episodicness for the anime version because the producers probably already know that noone in the younger generation has any attention span left whatsoever.

Idk, Dororo got somewhat boring due to it being episodically. It’s not even I dislike episodic shows, I’m currently watching Cowboy Bebop and I think it’s really good.
Nov 15, 2019 5:12 PM

Mar 2016
In my opinion, Rewrite, the setting, world and characters were all...honestly, really decent, if the execution was far better, the anime could've been way way better, the first episode actually pulled me in, with it's cool visuals and setting.

But...it was just...very average, if not terrible in my opinion, I was really wanting the anime to be really good, but it just...wasn't, at all.
Just an avid anime watcher of 18 years, not much else I could say about myself (that I don't want to reveal, of course, just ask if you wanna know more!)

"So...look up, face forward, toward your chosen horizon and just...walk on." - Noah, Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Nov 15, 2019 5:13 PM

Mar 2016
KamisamaHatatan said:
Btooom. The Manga is absolutely fantastic even though its a carbon-copy of Battle Royale. But if the Anime had 24 episodes it could've been legendary and would not drown under the battle royale genre.

If I remember, didn't the producer said they would make more episodes, beyond the twelve we got?
Just an avid anime watcher of 18 years, not much else I could say about myself (that I don't want to reveal, of course, just ask if you wanna know more!)

"So...look up, face forward, toward your chosen horizon and just...walk on." - Noah, Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Nov 15, 2019 5:19 PM

Mar 2015
Seikaisuru Kado.

It would have been a REALLY good anime if not for the last few episodes.
woah there
Nov 15, 2019 5:35 PM

Mar 2019
Both Ore.Imo. and Ore.Syura. had an interesting concept that was eventually completely ruined by harm self-insert phantasies.

Ore.Imo. was further gutted by executive meddling reducing the incestuous subtext. The character commentary even goes into that where the interaction is much better and funnier because they could keep it alive there. The characters even shamelessly remark of each other that they are much bolder than in the main series and point out that they can because it's only on the d.v.d. release.

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Nov 15, 2019 6:00 PM

Feb 2016
Gungrave. It would have been better if the anime was original rather than turning into the zombie sci-gi shooter the game was. The first half was amazing, and if they kept going it would definitely be my top gang anime of all time
Nov 15, 2019 6:43 PM

May 2017
Shield Hero, it had a lot of a potential especially first 3 episodes after which it just became generic..
Nov 15, 2019 6:50 PM

Nov 2017
@Hrybami:

A lot of folks get used to the conventionality and systematization of western culture. Point A should lead to B should lead to C, always. But it was not always this way, it took a long time for us to get to a point of staleness. The inventiveness, creativity and openness of Japanese culture, its indirectness, is likely necessary to their culture and often beautiful. The subtlety and nuance of these stories really charms me.

Some say it is 'operatic'. I can imagine in a culture where emotions aren't expressed easily, people would want their characters to really pop out of the screen with theatricality and be overly dramatic. An anime character acts like a cartoon who's also a real human person.

Whereas western cinema is often prized for getting to the heart of something and having the conversation we were too lazy to have in the first place, eg Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (1939). Our Oscars always value indirect messaging vs our action films or anything too gaudy. Green Book (2018) even if it's not a great film, has subtle messaging that we don't often find time for in direct, western culture and society where we're often screaming at each other or looking at our phones.

When I think of conventionality I really would point to something like The Princess Bride (1987), which is often pointed to as a classic but has quite a boring formula. People overpraise a movie like this because at the time it concentrated a basic movie formula into a pure substance, but since has been copied so much it's become stale. It was once unconventional, but over time has become conventional. Mainly because in 1987 its cynical wit was kind of new, or Batman (1989). The 90's had a go of satire and cynicism which led to the earnestness of the 2000s, from which we pulled back to the experimentation of the 2010s in cinematography, story setting, digital experimentation and its evolution into a desirable technology that fits with narrative (eg The Avengers series, especially Infinity War and Endgame).

And yet I don't know why Japan can be so original all the time. I'm often just interested to see where a story goes.
Nov 15, 2019 7:25 PM

Oct 2019
Tokyo Ghoul, elfen lied, and Watamote come to mind for me, the latter two simply because there was never a season 2 made. Tokyo ghoul was more of a pacing issue of which i blame studio pierrot for. Really hurts me heart :(
Nov 15, 2019 7:35 PM

Aug 2016
Guilty Crown was such a waste of a great concept like the Voids.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Nov 15, 2019 7:41 PM

Jun 2016
Revue Starlight, SAO Alicization, Ergo Proxy, Amanchu, Kujira no Kora
Nov 15, 2019 9:23 PM

Feb 2014
InTheDatabase said:
Re:Creators. I enjoyed the hell out of it, but the unique premise it had was not brought out to its full potential

Yeah, definitely Re:creators. It was such a chore to sit through for me. Even though it was an original anime with a unique premise, it felt like a shitty light novel adaptation with so much time wasted on characters standing around and rambling boring monologues and expositions. "Show" me the story, you hacks, not "tell" me.

KarimEdward said:
I don't know dude but fuck Vash the Stampede.

VhailorNov 15, 2019 9:27 PM
Nov 15, 2019 9:31 PM

Oct 2013
Triage X could have been marginally better if there were more variety to the breast sizes.

Ok now for my real answer. Zombie-Loan, had it actually continued it had potential to possibly become one of my favorites just for the 2 main characters alone.
Nov 15, 2019 9:43 PM

Jun 2019
TheKawaiiToon said:
Shiki - I still like this anime because I love it how nicely set up it was, and there were so many interesting characters in it. Then it went mediocre in the middle, got a bit better at the climax, then finally crashed down in the end ruining my enjoyment of the series in general.

If you can be more specific, out of curiosity, how exactly do you see Shiki as "crashing down at the end"? Is it the conclusion and outcome you didn't favor or something in the execution of said outcome?

Nov 16, 2019 2:01 AM
Jul 2018
WatchTillTandava said:
TheKawaiiToon said:
Shiki - I still like this anime because I love it how nicely set up it was, and there were so many interesting characters in it. Then it went mediocre in the middle, got a bit better at the climax, then finally crashed down in the end ruining my enjoyment of the series in general.

If you can be more specific, out of curiosity, how exactly do you see Shiki as "crashing down at the end"? Is it the conclusion and outcome you didn't favor or something in the execution of said outcome?

I might as well add a spoiler tag in this:
Nov 16, 2019 4:06 AM

Sep 2017
Fire force, it has impressive first episode but became meh afterwards because the direction was so bad imo. this anime could be better if it handed by good staffs
Nov 16, 2019 5:56 AM

Aug 2017
Quite honestly, Naruto. Now that I know the whole Shonen Jump formula, it's not that surprising, but when I first watched it, I was blown into a world of hype after the Land of Waves Prologue, because the concept was honestly so good. The world, the power system, the character dynamics, they really sold me on it, but it ended up little more than a dragged out effort to keep fans in check.

I know that shonen manga don't work that way, but I was really hoping for a more down to earth, realistic, and aesthetic approach to the world that let us digest the components as a sum of the greater whole. To that effect, I expected the series to be about the missions...

That said, Naruto wasn't really that bad (a 6 is a decent score from me), but it was still a letdown for me.
Nov 16, 2019 6:34 AM
Jun 2019
one punch man s2. Read the manga before it came out and I really thought that the anime would look cool with all the fight scenes and Garou's character. However, it was weakly executed. I enjoyed the mamga more.
Nov 16, 2019 6:35 AM

Feb 2019
Re:creators: good premise, but the series is an endless exposition and takes a long time just to develop an arc.

Bleach: everyone knows how good the first arc was and how much kubo ruined it after

Index (anime): an interesting world, but whose development is reduced to a kind of insipid shounen where each arc has the same development and structure as the previous one, introduces thousands of characters and organizations that you cannot assimilate or process all the information they expose on screen, horrible and boring protagonists who unfortunately are the focus of the story
Nov 16, 2019 5:21 PM

Mar 2016
The original Inuyasha anime, so much fucking filler it was ridiculous.
Nov 16, 2019 5:49 PM

Nov 2008
Setsuei said:
Ok now for my real answer. Zombie-Loan, had it actually continued it had potential to possibly become one of my favorites just for the 2 main characters alone.

I just watched this during the Halloween season and yeah, shame there isn't more. D: The animation/art wasn't high quality...but the characters and plot were interesting enough.

I will finish the manga eventually.

Nov 16, 2019 5:56 PM

Oct 2013
Chiibi said:
Setsuei said:

I just watched this during the Halloween season and yeah, shame there isn't more. D: The animation/art wasn't high quality...but the characters and plot were interesting enough.

I will finish the manga eventually.

I mean...there were the Zombie-Loan specials that continued the anime..but it was only 2 episodes and it cut off in a really terrible spot.
Nov 16, 2019 6:20 PM
Oct 2019
Erased and Tokyo Ghoul, they both just got progressively worse as time went on.
Nov 16, 2019 8:05 PM

Jun 2019
TheKawaiiToon said:
WatchTillTandava said:

I might as well add a spoiler tag in this:

That's an interesting take on it - Thanks for your further clarification. There's no need to apologize - I love the show, but every single anime out there (and every piece of art and media in general) has people who love it, hate it, and many points of nuance in-between, for a myriad of reasons. I just like hearing others' reasons, but there's no reason for yours or anyone's to have to agree or coincide with mine on this.

I would just add,

I usually would be perfectly satisfied and even find it ideal to have the smallest cast possible - As in, as small as two people would even be preferable. And 3-5 max is the end of what I'd consider favorable. Yet maybe it's because, even though not every character received either equal or adequate development, that they made this whole pretty diverse, eccentric, and quirky small town community feel like a real lived in place that it's just about the only large cast huge ensemble show ever that I didn't mind that aspect of and even saw as integral to the anime. It's about the first time it happened to me since I usually hate darting around large casts.
WatchTillTandavaNov 16, 2019 8:15 PM
Nov 16, 2019 8:37 PM
Jul 2018
Kotoura-san,The first 10 minute were amazing but they just had to ruin it!
Nov 17, 2019 12:37 AM

Sep 2019
RayReynolds said:
Re:creators: good premise, but the series is an endless exposition and takes a long time just to develop an arc.

Bleach: everyone knows how good the first arc was and how much kubo ruined it after

Index (anime): an interesting world, but whose development is reduced to a kind of insipid shounen where each arc has the same development and structure as the previous one, introduces thousands of characters and organizations that you cannot assimilate or process all the information they expose on screen, horrible and boring protagonists who unfortunately are the focus of the story

I still like the hollow arc though~

After aizen is confined everything just went into a mess, thanks to the quincies

Wandering Witch is the best light novel ever!
Nov 17, 2019 12:53 AM

Aug 2015
A Certain Magical Index
The Rising Of The Shield Hero
SSSS Gridman
Every Yu-Gi-Oh series especially Post Dark Signers 5Ds, Arc V and Vrains (Fuck Crow for ruining Aki, Rua as well the series)
Wise Man's Grandchild
Kimagure Orange☆Road
Assassins Pride
Fire Force
Akame ga Kill
Overlord
Re:Zero
Inazuma Eleven Ares/Orion
.hack Sign
Tsubasa Chronicles TV series. Love the Manga and OVAs but the TV series were underwhelming at best
Nov 17, 2019 1:53 AM

Nov 2019
Greyleaf said:
Mahoutsukai no Yome for me. First half was absolutely stellar: I actually thought it was well on its way to becoming one of my favorites, especially since it was rooted in Celtic mysticism (one of my favorite branches of mythology). Well, the second half was egregious... every episode felt disjointed, the pacing was all over the place, and my interest just plummetted. Took me at least two weeks to get through the last four episodes.

understandable, it starts off as interesting with too many ways that plot could go wrong and right then it just goes mildly inbetween and turns boring at the end.

InTheDatabase said:

it's a better man fate series. change my mind
Nov 17, 2019 3:38 PM

Mar 2014
Hating on SAO became sort of a meme, thanks to Digibro and Mother Basement, but the show is indeed the consumation of powerful premisse ruined by it's bad execution:
-too much timeskips (yes, I know it was because they decided to include post-volume 1 side-stories chronologically, bad decision, still), so the pacing was all over the place
-ALO was full of lowcow fetishes (brocon, tentacles, atempted NTR, mentioned but not shown brainwash).
-Kirito got lv 40 by episode 3, lv 73 by episode 4, solo-ed a floor boss who casually bitchslapped Asuna (supposed to be his almost equal) with GOD Mode Starburst Stream asspull; point is: there was like, 3 fights in the entire franchise where you could seriously feel fear of he losing.
-"few wahmen play this game" said in episode 1=meets a lot of them gets a harem of those. And not a single one likes Agil or Klein. JUST THE PROTAG
-Eugeo is the first long time MALE char in the franchise who is not Kirito and is NOT either useless (green guy in ALO, Klein) or a rapist (Shinkawa, Sugou). Or that deranged moron Kayaba
-Asuna is just boring, seriously. She starts as a quiet kuudere-like, becomes a proudeful tsundere, then a mama-deredere, then a molested damsel in distress plot device, Then, a rich gf with some relationship problems with her mother and lowkey yuri-bait relationship with AIDS girl (who was best girl, just because she never fell for Kirito, even beat him offscreen). How many fights she won all alone before Mother Rosario arc? Kuradeel, a random laughing coffing loser? Please...so much for "The Flash", no2 of best Guild and shiet.
-Kirito is flat. Aside from being bullied by his uncle for not being very masculine (briefely mentioned in a monologue in Fairy Dance Arc, NOT SHOWN), and loving yet having problems showing it to his adoptive family (who are still his parents, BTW), I cant remember nothing about him. Sans, love games and is good on this shit stuff. Oh, they asspulled a PTSD in Phantom Bullet, who was not at all in any of the moments of the first 2 arcs.
-Bad villains. Nuff said

Imagine starting from the begining, lv1, floor 1, preferably with a multi-task party. And keep things to the first arc, you can do 100 episodes about it. Dont get rid of the main atractive of the premisse (die in game, die in real life) in the half of the FIRST SEASON.

RE: Creators, also great potential (rare reverse isekai, and of multiple fictional franchises of the most different genres). The "MC" (glasses dude) and the main motivation of the villain were corny, the ending was super corny.
They should have gone further into the meta aspects. Have more than just 2 factions. And likely more episodes.
Red-haired discount!Asuna and her bickering with her creator were the funniest stuff in the show, as well as sharpfangs broken ability doing her sociopathic things. You know what would have been great? BD extras could be showning the openings of the "Shows inside a show". Hell, if it had gone popular enough, it could have spawned his own franchise of complete spin-offs, each with diferent thematic...
Now I'm sad.

InTheDatabase said:

it's a better man fate series. change my mind

It had a similar appeal. But instead of (barely faithful, yeah) historical/mythological figures fighting in modern days, it was about common anime genre protags facing each other in RL. Would get more attention if it had used the actual characters of actual franchises. Or not being anime original (thus not having a instantaneous small, yet rabid faction of the fandom, overhyping it to others).

-----------

ShieldHero became generic crap after 4 episodes. Yet, most people only noticed it around episode 19/20 (that badly animated pope fight).

FabrisNov 17, 2019 3:46 PM
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Nov 17, 2019 4:59 PM

Nov 2008
Fabris said:

-Kirito is flat.

I'm tired of this debate but no, he is not.

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Anime adaptation wish list

kuroneko99 - Apr 5

31 by Reecey91 »»
35 seconds ago

Poll: » do you want more emotional or more intelligent anime?

deg - 4 hours ago

22 by perseii »»
4 minutes ago

» Is watching a show for the cute girl weird?

fallout45 - 11 hours ago

18 by MasterTasuke »»
6 minutes ago

» Underrated character designs/outfits you think are appealing / sexy

IpreferEcchi - 58 minutes ago

2 by Zarutaku »»
9 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others?

WatchTillTandava - 2 hours ago

16 by Lucifrost »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.