New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 24, 2019 12:39 PM
News Team
Demon Spawn

Apr 2017
Aku no Hana
Yes the art style is strange
But the scene where they destroy the classroom is one of my all-time favourite scenes in anime. It's seriously an interesting trip into the MC's mind
Oct 24, 2019 1:11 PM

Jan 2017
Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni.
Island
Beatless
Oct 26, 2019 1:02 AM
Oct 2019
In another world with my smartphone if you want to be bored
Oct 26, 2019 1:32 AM

Dec 2018
https://myanimelist.net/anime/28819/Okusama_ga_Seitokaichou

short anime with 2 seasons if you are bored, dunno what you mean by low score so... it's R+ though
Oct 26, 2019 1:38 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Oct 26, 2019 8:07 PM

Sep 2016
Tonera said:
pupa obviously /s
god watching that hurt

One of the best terrible shows I've seen in anime to date.

ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴀꜱɪᴇꜱᴛ ᴡᴀy ᴛᴏ ᴋᴇᴇᴩ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ʜᴜʀᴛ
yᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ yᴏᴜʀꜱᴇʟꜰ
yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴀʟʟ yᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀɴᴅ yᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ʟᴇᴀʀɴᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʟɪᴋᴇ yᴏᴜʀꜱᴇʟꜰ
Oct 26, 2019 8:13 PM

Dec 2018
- 3D Kanojo is lowish in regards to how high most things on here are scored and I found it very enjoyable.

- https://myanimelist.net/anime/34498/Uchiage_Hanabi_Shita_kara_Miru_ka_Yoko_kara_Miru_ka I dont necessarily think this deserves a higher score than it got, but it was worth the watch. It has a 6.5 which a lot of people would say isn’t worth their time, but a 6.5 isn’t abysmal. It had its enjoyable parts.
Lolicons are scum.
BABYMETAL is more metal than Metallica.
Naruto is objectively the best anime ever.
HxH 99' is decent. HxH 11' is bad.
Oct 26, 2019 8:17 PM

Dec 2018
Vilkku92 said:
The English dub of Garzey's Wing. It's so bad it's absolutely hilarious, a joy to watch for all the wrong reasons. Terrible voice acting, bizarre pacing... One of the funniest things I've ever seen!

Shitcom. A short, crass claymation that tells a single extended poop joke. I really have no idea what people were expecting from it, I thought it was very good at what it does. Sort of like a Robot Chicken sketch, but funny. :P

I’m sure most of the contempt for the show comes from people who don’t find shit jokes funny, of which I fall into. But with that in mind I’ve had the sense to not watch it, so I’m with you on that, idk what people were expecting.
Lolicons are scum.
Oct 26, 2019 8:32 PM
Oct 2017
https://myanimelist.net/anime/35250/Urahara?q=urahart; That is an anime with a low score (although I didn't think it deserved it)
Oct 26, 2019 8:36 PM
Dec 2016
Blood-C

I admit though, it def isn't for everyone. It takes a little while for the story to kick off, so I recommend it to people who are patient and like Horror and some Gore here and there.
Oct 26, 2019 8:40 PM
Oct 2017
Well, I'm not saying these two have bad scores, because to me they aren't. But, I think Allison to Lilia and Tari Tari deserve better than 7.3 rating score :) when I watched it, I didn't expect anything but these two have good stories about life.
Oct 26, 2019 8:55 PM

Dec 2018
Chummster said:
School days, It's a pretty cool psychological and the only "criticisms" I see are people complaining about how the characters are terrible people (which isn't a real criticism). Some moments are pretty exaggerated or unrealistic but they are at least logical within the context of the characters and it's nothing more exaggerated than the usual romance/drama.

Lol.... there's plenty of valid criticism about the show. I agree though it's realistic, at least a small portion of it is.

So in regards to that, mainly the portrayal of the three main characters, I agree it does a great job representing the psychology of some shallow highschool kids. Outside of that though? Most of the writing is pretty trash. The source material was an erogi game, let's be real here, this isn't some psychological masterpiece. One great example is

One of the most valid criticisms about the show though, is that it just isn't enjoyable for most people to watch. If you're a decent human with morals there is not a single gratifying moment to watch past the second or third episode, just bad people making worse decisions. There isn't even a good plot to keep you watching through the awfulness. There's just nothing to be gained here. I don't need an anime to tell me how toxic the human race is, I'm plenty aware on my own, so if you're going to make an anime about it, at least give it a good plot to hold interest.

TLDR/No spoilers: School days is garbage, and unless you like edgy nonsense like Elfen Lied, It isn't worth your time.
Lolicons are scum.
Oct 26, 2019 9:19 PM
Jul 2018
Mayoiga: it is very self aware in how stupid it is, and embraces that stupidity.

Chaos; Child: I don't understand the hate against this anime. I thought it was very exciting.

@Hokage_Jason

It disturbs me that people think that Makoto's fate in the end was deserving. Yes, he was a piece of shit, but that doesn't mean he deserved:
Oct 26, 2019 9:25 PM

Dec 2018
RealTheAbsurdist said:
Mayoiga: it is very self aware in how stupid it is, and embraces that stupidity.

Chaos; Child: I don't understand the hate against this anime. I thought it was very exciting.

@Hokage_Jason

It disturbs me that people think that Makoto's fate in the end was deserving. Yes, he was a piece of shit, but that doesn't mean he deserved:

Oh I agree lol. No matter what happens
Lolicons are scum.
Oct 27, 2019 4:41 AM

Jul 2014
Thread moved from Anime Discussion
Take care of yourself

Oct 27, 2019 6:47 AM

Jun 2017
Abunai Sisters. It's so hilariously bad. I can't explain it, just check it out.

It's really short, just 10 episodes, only 3 minutes long.
My waifu is the most wonderful waifu. Mai Valentine.
Oct 27, 2019 6:50 PM
Apr 2016
Casshern Sins

Sakura Quest

Flip Flappers

Mitsuboshi Colors

My Roommate is a Cat

Oct 27, 2019 8:09 PM

Feb 2018
Hokage_Jason said:

Lol.... there's plenty of valid criticism about the show. I agree though it's realistic, at least a small portion of it is.

So in regards to that, mainly the portrayal of the three main characters, I agree it does a great job representing the psychology of some shallow highschool kids. Outside of that though? Most of the writing is pretty trash. The source material was an erogi game, let's be real here, this isn't some psychological masterpiece. One great example is

I can see where you're coming from when you call the writing bad because a lot of the plot points are hinging on believability and it's a pretty subjective thing on whether or not the viewer is fine with it. For example
. I am personally fine with this because they established motivations for these girls' actions from the start of the series. Some stuff is indefensible though like

Hokage_Jason said:

One of the most valid criticisms about the show though, is that it just isn't enjoyable for most people to watch. If you're a decent human with morals there is not a single gratifying moment to watch past the second or third episode, just bad people making worse decisions. There isn't even a good plot to keep you watching through the awfulness. There's just nothing to be gained here. I don't need an anime to tell me how toxic the human race is, I'm plenty aware on my own, so if you're going to make an anime about it, at least give it a good plot to hold interest.

Many people enjoy watching dumb people make mistakes, that’s why tragedies like hamlet are so popular even today. I think most people who watch the show found the ending pretty gratifying (though you said that you didn't and that's fair.). As for your claim that you don’t need an anime telling you how toxic the human race is. I think we just fundamentally disagree on this. Most themes and messages that are explored in stories are things we already know (for example, Gurren Lagann’s message to believe in yourself, this is one of the most common themes in anime and almost everyone basically knows to believe in themselves to some extent), and there are only so many ideas that can be explored thematically in a story until they just become weirdly specific or boring, so just because a show’s themes have been covered before doesn’t mean it has no value.

*shrugs* im glad that you replied with some fair criticism on the show. I like School Days, but I certainly think it has flaws (ignore the score I gave it on my list I just put it that high to interest people into talking about it with me). I’m just tired of people giving the same old “criticisms” of “the characters are assholes” or “it’s a harem”. I appreciate that someone like you can provide points that I can actually have a discussion with.
ChummsterOct 27, 2019 9:39 PM
Oct 28, 2019 4:13 AM

May 2019
Aquarion Logos has cast of oddballs, and they can all be annoying in some way or another, but that's what makes it endearing to see them grow together. The combining Mecha with multiple forms and MJBK foolery are really fun, the dub voice actors all did great jobs with their characters (haven't watched the sub yet so idk how that is), and Kokone is fucking CUTE. Worth noting that even tho this is an Aquarion show, it's a total standalone and has nothing to do with the original or Aquarion EVOL, which it gets a fair amount of flak for.

Aru Zombie Shoujo no Sainan is an 80s horror/slasher B-movie in animated form and it's great. It gets all the tropes down to a T (braindead cast, flimsy plot that only serves to set up the next death, all of the budget being used in the blood and gore effects) which makes it hilarious to watch.

Chou Kidou Densetsu DinaGiga is only two episodes long and an interesting look into an alternate reality where Gunbuster had a $30 budget.

Henkei Shoujo just because of how fucking bizarre the shorts are (although the third one is legitimately hilarious). Starwing Paradox and Ring of Gundam are decent shorts, just don't expect anything beyond what they are - a few minutes of cool visuals and ideas that mostly serve as promotion for a bigger thing.

Kikou Sennyo Rouran is one of the most bizarre mecha animes I've watched so far, but I enjoyed it. Pretty hard to find online tho.

Ginsoukikou Ordian and Gundam: Reconguista in G are both kinda confusing and hard to follow if you're not paying 200% attention the whole time, but have really nice mecha and character designs, and well animated fights. Wings of Rean is kinda similar but the action and mecha designs aren't as good, and the ending is infuriating (thanks Tomino).

The isekai mom anime with the longass name. Yes it's a meme, and the first episode is admittedly super cringe (almost dropped it there), but the rest is a pretty decent isekai comedy/parody. The humor isn't always the best and one of the arcs goes on for way too long but it's decent enough. I think a lot of the hate comes from people expecting that it would be a trashy mother/son incest anime, but instead it's mostly just "mom stop" jokes.
FinalReality56Oct 28, 2019 4:57 AM
Oct 28, 2019 10:52 AM

May 2018
Battery is a perfectly palatable coming-of-age character drama that uses baseball to set the backdrop. The problem is that it was only ever judged as a traditional sports anime when it is legitimately different from every other baseball anime and most other sports anime out there.

The animation is good, the soundtrack is great, and the soft color palette provides a nice comfy aesthetic that all frames the show very well. The characters actions and motivations make sense given their age and easily fit into the adolescent narrative. Nothing about this show deserves a sub-6 rating and those who did low-ball the show either didn’t understand the authors intention or missed the whole point completely by wanting it to be a more traditional sports anime.

Maybe it was just a little ahead of its time as the newly airing sports drama Hoshiai no Sora (Stars Align) has had much better reception and many are already calling it AotS/AotY.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Looking for Solo Leveling kind of anime

RiasuSama - Apr 16

10 by ST63LTH »»
3 hours ago

» Movies

BitChilly - 7 hours ago

5 by Zarutaku »»
3 hours ago

» Battle romance manhwa/manga/manhua

NaTsu879 - 8 hours ago

1 by dowzer »»
3 hours ago

» looking for anime recommendations from people who has similar taste

windyshadow - Apr 21

23 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
5 hours ago

» Anime where guy hits girl back

Borito_Uzumaki - May 6, 2017

48 by xthewarwithinx »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.