Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 20, 2019 6:10 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
winniethewho said:

Can’t wait to watch the movie and break my heart into a million more pieces bUT in the meantime I’m just gonna be satisfied that they’re all happy and smiling in this last episode and that cutest doggo Kedama made an appearance today again.

Yeah I'm going to miss seeing Kedama in the ending. He was one of the reasons why was looking forward to the next episode.
Sep 20, 2019 8:13 AM

Sep 2017
Really good series. Definitely one of the best this season. The romance and drama was handled very maturely. This was a peaceful season finale, but I’m really looking forward to the movie.
Sep 20, 2019 8:39 AM

Apr 2013
Tbh I didn't expect this to be my favorite romance anime in recent years
Sep 20, 2019 8:41 AM

Mar 2018
Uenoyama's reactions were so flashy again xd topped the explosions
So they're finalle dating. Didn't look like they'd cause trouble tho
Maybe at some point it will?

Mafuyu's song was the ED right? They even had that Song2 at the end
Yeah I liked it. Not as good as the first one tho.. Maybe it was just because it was so damn dramatic with so much feelings

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Sep 20, 2019 10:36 AM

Dec 2014
Well that was a generic ending desu ne
Sep 20, 2019 12:11 PM

Mar 2013
A beautiful and meaninful romance series from start to end. I can't even find the right words to describe it. I wish all BL anime could imitate everything Given has been as a whole. Not a single gross yaoi trope at all and I'm so grateful about that. I'm also really happy they gave the music a nice focus, as much as they did with the romance aspect of it. Nice animation, wholesome characters, amazing music and it didn't feel rushed or forced at all.

Props to the comedy bits of it, some parts were actually hilarious. Uenoyama's inner panic when Mafuyu confessed had me cracking up.

I'm happy about the upcoming movie, but I definitily would love a second season.
Sep 20, 2019 12:14 PM

Dec 2016
This anime's very enjoyable :) I like it! And if there will be a continuation, I'm in ^^

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Sep 20, 2019 12:29 PM

Mar 2017
That was a really powerful and beautiful anime and i'm soooo glad that we only have to wait a short while for the movie! I'm really sad that the season has ended but at least we know we'll get to see more of our 4 fav boys!

I thought this was a really sweet and funny episode, especially that opening scene with Uecchi trying to process Mafuyu's mutual feelings for him. It makes me so sad though that they have to hide their relationship because it will effect the bands popularity if people knew they were gay 😔
Sep 20, 2019 1:19 PM

Nov 2008
This show was really something else. Such an easy 10/10 and the bar for BL anime has gone from rock bottom to sky high.
Sep 20, 2019 1:34 PM

Nov 2013
Man, this show is so relatable, at least for me.

I'm sad that it's short and it ended but I'm excited for the movie next year! owo

Hopefully, there will be more in the future, like a second season (or more SEASONS because after all, they were 「the Seasons」, right? RIGHT? Okay, I'll let myself out qwq)
SaintHinoSep 20, 2019 1:49 PM
Thank you for being a part of me.
I have already forgiven myself.
Sep 20, 2019 6:04 PM

Apr 2017
Ant-climactic ending I didn't notice it is the final episode
Sep 20, 2019 8:14 PM

Oct 2013
This anime was so good and exceeded my expectations!! The characters were all so lovable and I'm just so happy that they are TOGETHER! Season 2 please!!! This series definitely sets it up for more to come!
Sep 20, 2019 8:34 PM

Jul 2019
I was hoping for a kiss or a sweet moment when they were finally dating. I'm also excited for the movie! I'll be reading the manga, bc I waited the series to be over first
Sep 20, 2019 10:33 PM

Apr 2010
Guess I need to pick up the manga now. I’ll miss this show. ;(
Sep 21, 2019 1:37 AM

Feb 2014
Never thought a BL show would be this interesting. A good watch.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Sep 21, 2019 3:26 AM

Jul 2013
Manga is ongoing so the ending was going to be anticlimactic one way or another but they ended it at a good spot. I already knew they were gonna stop when Uenoyama and Mafuyu finally start dating and it was a good decision.

Next thing to look forward to is the movie. God, I really wish the manga updates faster. I haven't seen Uenoyama and Mafuyu that much and the movie is going to focus on Akihiko, Haruki and Ugetsu which is a mixed bag for me.
Sep 21, 2019 3:43 AM

Nov 2010
Dudi4PoLFr said:
The first 3-4 minutes were an absolute GOLD!

Sadly I have the feeling that this anime ended when the best part was about to begin. Maybe one day we will get a S2 or at least a OVA.

Movie will come out next year
Sep 21, 2019 4:41 AM
May 2019
I really hope we get a season 2 next year!
Sep 21, 2019 5:25 AM

Jul 2013
fuoph said:
I really hope we get a season 2 next year!

There is no 2nd season. The sequel will be in movie format.
Sep 21, 2019 8:51 AM

Mar 2018
Two wishes:

1. We had more episodes for S01
2. We wouldn't get a movie but an honest to god 2nd season

Loved the show. I didn't know the manga until then and I am glad that I do now because it is precious. One of the best romance-music stories of this year...PLUS it is BL. All in all - very happy I saw the anime and read the manga.

Soooooo....does anyone know when the 6th volume will be released?
Sep 21, 2019 11:00 AM

Jul 2013
huntress1013 said:
Two wishes:

Loved the show. I didn't know the manga until then and I am glad that I do now because it is precious. One of the best romance-music stories of this year...PLUS it is BL. All in all - very happy I saw the anime and read the manga.

Next year probably. Ever since the manga began, they've been publishing 1 volume per year which is just a pain to wait. Given that the anime has gained a lot of support, I hope this speeds things up. I don't mean the mangaka to rush it but like... at least 2 volumes per year lol. I just wanna see Uenoyama and Mafuyu back T_T
Sep 21, 2019 11:02 AM
Jan 2018
O episódio foi foda,entretanto...... ficou em aberto, acho que o objetivo era divulgar o mangá ou algo assim.
Sep 21, 2019 11:50 AM

Mar 2018
Tohsaka_Rukia said:
huntress1013 said:
Two wishes:

Next year probably. Ever since the manga began, they've been publishing 1 volume per year which is just a pain to wait. Given that the anime has gained a lot of support, I hope this speeds things up. I don't mean the mangaka to rush it but like... at least 2 volumes per year lol. I just wanna see Uenoyama and Mafuyu back T_T

Awwwww maaaan that really sucks. I had wished that a new volume would be published this year. The fifth volume did at least not end with some stupid cliff-hanger and the ending of the volume was beautiful but I need mooooore. Thanks for letting me know, though :-)
Sep 21, 2019 12:20 PM

Jul 2019
The ending was smooth and it was intriguing to see how they acting changed. Haruki being lonely really made me fee lso sorry for him.

Fingers crossed for a second season. With the movie in the line, the franchise can hopefully gain enough momentum.

Sep 21, 2019 12:55 PM

Jul 2013
huntress1013 said:
Tohsaka_Rukia said:

Awwwww maaaan that really sucks. I had wished that a new volume would be published this year. The fifth volume did at least not end with some stupid cliff-hanger and the ending of the volume was beautiful but I need mooooore. Thanks for letting me know, though :-)

Latest chapter was just released a few days ago and the year is almost ending so the next one would probably be early 2020. Tough break for the fans T_T. I'm also satisfied and happy the latest volume had a conclusion instead of a cliffhanger even though it was still a mixed bag to me. Hopefully, the next volume will have more Uenoyama and Mafuyu.
Sep 21, 2019 1:04 PM
Jul 2018
I read the manga but i will still miss my boys... i loved getting to see them animated. That song in the second movie is probably going to kill me. In the manga it made me feel very sad so i am guessing animated it is going to break my heart..... sad to see my favorite show of the summer season end...wish we had more of this type of shows with good lgbt representation. How in the world does sekaiichi and junjou have 3 seasons. unbelievable.
Sep 21, 2019 4:08 PM

Dec 2018
I was really hyped up by the time it was announced its anime adaptation and, aside some low times, it has been an amazing experience seeing all its episodes. As few BL's anime nowadays, it's truly a winning that it is a wonderful one without relying in rape or whatsoever troupe which is quite regular on this genre. To be honest, i was expecting for more songs :(, just two arf it didnt fufill my wishes hahahaha. Also its visual is stunning, for a low budget anime, they did a really good job.

Lowkey excited to its film adaptation right now 🙉
Sep 21, 2019 6:35 PM

Dec 2018
This is simply anime of the year for me. I was so touched and frankly just blown away by the story. Given is truly something special.
Sep 21, 2019 11:41 PM

Jul 2007
I've been finding it hard to collect my thoughts on this one...

I've followed the manga for quite some time already, and was pretty happy when the anime was announced, but I did not have any major expectations.
I am still surprised at how much love the anime is getting, and more surprising so is that it totally deserves it! It exceeded every expectation I had. The pacing was just right, nothing felt too rushed or too slow, the Seiyuus - I knew none of them and most of them turned out to be amazing and so talented (especially, kudos to Mafuyus voice actor, it couldn't have been done better.), the atmosphere, the music (Still in shock of ep. 9), the animation and so on.
I truly enjoyed it all so much!

I've been complaining non-stop about the fact that mainly Tropey-Rapey-Morally problematic BL titles get anime productions, and the really good stuff are left unnoticed by the industry. I feel like "Given" has set a new quality bar, and it'll be hard to top it.

The upcoming movie - I wish we could get another season, but well, maybe this part of the manga is better off with a movie pacing. It's been a tad controversial, at least for me, but after seeing the series I have high hopes that the movie will pull it off. :)
Sep 22, 2019 4:59 AM

Mar 2007
Very cute episode!!
I was so happy to see Ritsuka's realizing his feelings and their begging of their relationship. I definitely need more Akihiko/Ugetsu scenes and background.

This (too) short anime made me very happy this season and I look forward to the movie

Sep 22, 2019 4:41 PM

Aug 2017
Honestly, I had low expectations when I read the synopsis for first time but now I can eat my own words. Not only as I feel identified as a gay guy with this show, but also as a human being.

9/10 for the anime. AOTS of Summer 2019 and has big chances to be the anime of the year.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 22, 2019 6:03 PM

Sep 2018
Mwahahahhahah!!!! I thought BL is always cringy! Why this anime makes me smile??! lol they are so cute! No cringe hahaha I don't want to use this word but.... so Uenoyama is the uke? Hahahahha!
I changed my mind.. even though they are so manly and handsome.. they look good together (only Mafuyu x Uenoyama).. if BL anime is always like this.. I will watch more :) I enjoy this one <3
Sep 22, 2019 10:42 PM
Dec 2017
This score for me 7,5/10
Sep 23, 2019 8:32 AM

Nov 2013
YamEnele said:
so Uenoyama is the uke?

Well, I guess it's allowed(?) to say at least this bit but there's a small part in the manga that reveals that Mafuyu is the uke (I mean, he has been with Yuki so I guess there won't be a change to that?)

I mean, not that I'm stereotyping but Mafuyu has the uke vibes, and my friends have always been pointing out that I'm like a real-life Mafuyu (well we do have the same experiences and all but they said that personality-wise, we're the exactly the same). A neko/uke will and can spot a fellow uke, whether in manga or real-life. Trust me XD
SaintHinoSep 23, 2019 8:45 AM
Thank you for being a part of me.
I have already forgiven myself.
Sep 23, 2019 8:47 AM

Jul 2016
Ugh! I need to see the movie already!! I'll miss this show a lot :(
And I wish they would've kissed one more time T^T
Sep 23, 2019 3:35 PM
Feb 2019
i finished this in less than a day!! so good, i wanted to watch it all at once, and i did. i really enjoyed this anime. :) so cute!
Sep 23, 2019 6:07 PM

Dec 2011
I must say that was a really nice series to watch overall ♥ Even though the animation was lazy to a certain extent, the interactions between the characters made up for all such flaws, and don't get me started on Ueonoyama's golden moments that had me laughing like crazy at times.

Truly enjoyable, undoubtedly recommendable. 8/10.
Sep 24, 2019 9:37 AM

Mar 2019
Pretty good series, came for the music and was surprised by the romance, first ever BL anime i watch all the way as i think the romance was handled much better than others aimed at teens, reminds of Nana and not just for the music.

I give it a 7/10, will wait for the movie.
Sep 25, 2019 7:19 AM
Mar 2019
So now the new season will be about them needing to hide their relationship from the public? Feels like it kind of contradicts a major theme that was presumably resolved during the concert; showing your true feelings and not being afraid to speak your mind.
These last two episodes really hurt my perception of the show and the narrative and I think it would have been better if they ended it at episode nine in my opinion.
I don't think letting the audience imagine what comes next in the characters' lives without showing it is a bad thing.
I think the satisfaction of their feelings being out in the open would have been a nice way to wrap this narrative up.
Sep 25, 2019 7:36 AM

Jul 2013
LeafJonin said:
So now the new season will be about them needing to hide their relationship from the public? Feels like it kind of contradicts a major theme that was presumably resolved during the concert; showing your true feelings and not being afraid to speak your mind.
These last two episodes really hurt my perception of the show and the narrative and I think it would have been better if they ended it at episode nine in my opinion.
I don't think letting the audience imagine what comes next in the characters' lives without showing it is a bad thing.
I think the satisfaction of their feelings being out in the open would have been a nice way to wrap this narrative up.

It's a movie and it's a different drama with the side characters which is personally meh to me but people might like it.

The whole theme about showing your true feelings does not apply that easily into their lives. They still need to hide their relationship for the band's sake but Mafuyu has visibly grown, has shown more emotions and became less suppressed. That's what the theme was centered around and it was executed well.
Oct 1, 2019 4:46 AM
Nov 2016
my favorite character is still Take-chan XD he seriously kills me with his reactions haha
but to more serious talk, I didn't like how it ends with a cliffhanger.
I will be only satisfied if they get season 2 cause it end with such an open ending that it just leave everything open in the air and it pisses me off =_=
but overall I really love the characters, well apart for one character that I really hated XD
it was a good series but the way it ends really leaves a bad taste in my mouth, cause it wasn't an ending at all.
Oct 10, 2019 7:33 AM
Oct 2018
Surprised at how much I really enjoyed it, need more in my life asap. Looked really good to me and the pacing of it all makes every advance in the relationships feel just lovely :-)
Oct 15, 2019 6:58 AM

Jul 2012
I'm a bit late to the party but I finally finished watching the entirety of Given. This was a very good series overall. It's one of the few anime that are limitless to me. As in, it wasn't just restricted to a high school setting or about the same aged kids. They were going to stores, rehearsals, performances and the characters varied in age. It reminded me of Nana which was also an anime that made me feel like anything could happen. The characters in Given are super likeable and cute, especially our main leads. I really liked the romance and how it flowed so naturally. I'm excited for the sequel.
Oct 18, 2019 4:48 PM

Dec 2018
That Uenoyama reunion tho lol

Pretty good for a BL manga

Now waiting for the movie
Oct 26, 2019 9:54 PM

Mar 2019
This show was awfully painful to watch, characters are unbearable, the music is earrape, very bad story
the animationis average
Oct 27, 2019 12:27 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I didn't liked it at all but it's all because of my taste, guess it's not just my type of anime.
Nov 16, 2019 7:41 AM
Aug 2018
One of the greatest BL anime ive watched!!!
I was smiling the whole time im watching this last ep.

-the virgin me having a farewell party
-haruki and aki's reactions to the announcement. Like haru is the mom and aki is the all through out the anime.
-and haruki finally snap a sleeping picture of aki.

THIS WAS REALLY CUTE AND DESERVES SEASON 2

Although im really disappointed that aki and haruki still didn't end up together :(

And i wish there's more kissing scene lol
Dec 10, 2019 12:52 PM

Jul 2013
I'm actually completely fine this episode was mostly laid back. When I saw this was slice of life I didn't expect for this to be a complete drama. I like how their love blossoming was natural and soft, so I think this was the best way to go out as well. This show is actually very comforting, with some big emotional peaks. You get the best of both worlds IMO.

Can't wait for the movie, but I hope we get a season 2 afterwards ;___;
Dec 25, 2019 11:10 PM
Mar 2017
The flavor is immaculate
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» I'm a straight guy, can I watch it?

removed-user - Oct 29, 2023

36 by NekoCats »»
Mar 2, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Given Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Tubby - Jul 18, 2019

113 by Mak_and_Cheese »»
Feb 17, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Given Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Tubby - Jul 25, 2019

85 by gorkoo »»
Jan 23, 12:01 PM

Poll: » Given Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Gardevoir101 - Sep 5, 2019

249 by Craneface »»
Jan 9, 1:06 PM

Poll: » Given Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Gardevoir101 - Sep 12, 2019

78 by fealtyy »»
Dec 16, 2023 4:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.