Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 8, 2019 12:06 PM
Feb 2009
beetleMitz said:
ktulu007 said:
Gather around, Children. I'm going to teach some basic economics.

When a studio green lights an anime idea, it's all based around a simple fact. They crunched the numbers and the numbers indicate that enough people will like this anime for it to make a profit.

At this point, they have a good idea of what their budget needs to be, how to market the series and roughly what time slot to get.

Now, they get a team together and this team does their best to make the product, whether it be an adaptation or an original.

Soon, the various anime made for the season are released and each one has its own audience based on who the studio's marketing to.

Some people will watch and dislike the series based on its subjective qualities. Others will watch and like a series based off of its subjective qualities. As there is no objective good or bad when it comes to these kinds of products.

What you're experiencing is called having your own set of subjective standards that not everything meets. Welcome to the human race.

what about how much money is put into it, the talent of the studio, the "love" the people in the studio pour into the product ?

Money can buy fancy graphics and a lot of marketing, but can't make a product good. Talent of the studio is difficult to measure and highly subjective. Some people, for example, would call Rob Liefeld a talented artist even though he can't draw feet or human proportions. Some would call Frank Miller a talented writer even though he writes like a twelve year old who fancies themselves edgy.
Love just doesn't matter. You can be the most passionate person in the world when it comes to the media you're working on and still make a Twilight or Teen Titans Go. IE: Products that have an audience but most people would not consider good.
Sep 9, 2019 12:33 PM

Feb 2010
SunBro26 said:
hazarddex said:
i look at the op's thread and all i read is me me me me me. they should only carter to ME! what about ME?!

im going to let you in on a secret that will blow your mind.

your not the center of the universe and different people have different views wants likes and interests there is no objectively good tastes.

sorry but that's text book Appeal to Popularity fallacy.

majority rule doesn't make something objectively good or bad.

don't forget that majority rule that innocent people be burned at the stake for witchcraft.

mars destruction does not have a 1 or 0 for its score which makes you statistically incorrect.

Well then, there's always Tenkuu Danzai Skelter Heaven with a solid 1.91 on MAL. L O L

Still not a 0/1 without a .91 so clearly some people still enjoyed it.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Sep 9, 2019 12:54 PM
Feb 2018
why are bait threads still being made???
Sep 9, 2019 1:03 PM

Mar 2019
This is so fecking stupid

Bad and good are subjective, just like a lot of people enjoy Fruits Basket and I disliked it, in my opinion it's bad but there're a lot of people who enjoy it.

This is just a stupid thread
Wait a minute, how did this happen? We're smarter than this!
Sep 16, 2019 10:54 PM

Aug 2019
What your really saying it lacks the genius, hardwork and creativity of a great work of art.

A job is a job, with a lot of anime that is more evident than others which feel more like works of passion and many others like a japanese mans vocation; his livelihood.
Sep 17, 2019 9:50 AM

Apr 2010
For the same reason horribe movies are made. Cause someone thinks otherwise.

Sep 17, 2019 10:19 AM

Nov 2012
There's no such thing as bad anime. You just didn't like the anime, we have different taste of genre you know.

Lets just thank the animators, the author, seiyuus, and the staff/producers for making these animes.
Sep 17, 2019 10:43 AM

Jun 2014
mrNumb22 said:
There's no such thing as bad anime. You just didn't like the anime, we have different taste of genre you know.

Lets just thank the animators, the author, seiyuus, and the staff/producers for making these animes.

I mean let's not pretend objectively bad products don't exist.
May 12, 2020 11:01 AM

Jul 2017
up. this thread is relevant to current events.
May 12, 2020 12:35 PM

Apr 2015
Zehennagel said:
up. this thread is relevant to current events.
It wasn't relevant then and it isn't now.
May 12, 2020 1:03 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
Try taking microeconomics and business courses, it will help you understand why business continue to operate at a loss in the short run.
This lean toward the market, not whether the anime is good or bad.
May 12, 2020 2:32 PM

Aug 2018
Why is bad anything still being made? Games, movies, TV shows, you name it

The quick answer for that is usually money and the knowledge that you could make a lot of it by making some bad anime and market it to everyone. you're not gonna make as much money as a good anime that people will remember but its still a good way to earn a quick buck from those who watch it, cause there are always people who will

Just think of it from a business perspective and not a consumer one cause there's a lot of stuff behind the scenes that you'll probably never even know of that lead to the production of a bad anime

And if a bad anime actually gets really popular, guess it means a lot of people actually do like it and it's good for them, which isn't a new thing either, shows that are hated by a lot of people but are still popular and loved haven't been around for a long time
May 12, 2020 4:48 PM

Apr 2020
Probably because most anime watchers want to be little girls.
Go ahead, reply. I'm not going to read it.
May 12, 2020 8:48 PM
Jan 2019
What a stupid question to ask. Not every anime made in this world is good and if there are certain anime that you don't like, don't watch them! Like what kinda dumbass asks that question.
May 12, 2020 9:16 PM
Jun 2017
xx_ibrahimd_xx said:
What a stupid question to ask. Not every anime made in this world is good and if there are certain anime that you don't like, don't watch them! Like what kinda dumbass asks that question.

it's not a dumb ass question... a lot of anime would be great but they underfund them or don't take enough time to make them worthwhile, the anime then bombs and the makers are wondering "how could it have gone so wrong?" Well, if they had a larger budget it would have been praiseworthy!

This is the main part that the opener is trying to get across, I think. When a bad quality anime is produced and subsequently bombs, why do producers and makers still think they can spit shine a turd and make it sell?

I can openly give an example of this:

Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan
or Sky Wizard Academy

If it was given a proper budget, it would have been a great anime that could have merchandised the hell out of itself... instead they decided to make the action scenes into something that would forever be used on how to NOT animate a battle scene x.x The writing was also awful, with a lack of focus or information that turned it into a crap sandwich... yet if you pay attention to it and actually finish it, you can tell that "if only" it would have been a stellar anime and a big money maker. So why do they keep making this mistake when they have such a perfect example, already, that shows cheap products and rushed projects only lead to negative sales?

The reason is simple, actually... If the anime doesn't follow a specific format, it won't get approved by production companies that determine how much an animation company can spend on making the anime. If the actual anime doesn't fit the required criteria, the producers will either drastically reduce the funding on a hit or miss, or they will FORCE the writers to alter the story to fit their formula before proposing a dime.

So, a manga/LN goes into the animation process that can be a GAME CHANGER, only to be underfunded and altered in order to afford being made. Several severely hated characters in anime, or portions of anime that drag or seem dull all happened because of this factor.
May 12, 2020 10:07 PM

Dec 2009
While a lot of simple-minded individuals are included in MAL as well, over the general being of children worldwide, the problem is kids in Japan.

Studios produce the shit mediocre, unoriginal, cliche, unimaginative, low quality stories that they know will sell to kids who are attracted to it.
It's the sad reality that most studios go for the sure easy money of shit anime that kids like, to more actually complex or solid good writing of stories that adults would appreciate.
May 13, 2020 12:51 PM

Jan 2013
waalex11 said:
While a lot of simple-minded individuals are included in MAL as well, over the general being of children worldwide, the problem is kids in Japan.

Studios produce the shit mediocre, unoriginal, cliche, unimaginative, low quality stories that they know will sell to kids who are attracted to it.
It's the sad reality that most studios go for the sure easy money of shit anime that kids like, to more actually complex or solid good writing of stories that adults would appreciate.
And yet ironically, those so called "shit anime for kids" have things that adults will appreciate.
You know like themes and messages, funny how that works.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

May 13, 2020 12:56 PM

Sep 2008
haeev you evr maed sooo many typso whyl yo potsed q trol topik ttaht you coldu red yorz own typic?
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
May 19, 2020 12:08 AM

Oct 2019
Because we enjoy watching them.
Case closed.

May 19, 2020 12:27 AM
Aug 2019
The anime industry still has several problems that are hard to shakeup. Producers want to create the next big thing with a mixed media strategy but do not give enough time and money to make it worthwhile. Employees get bad pay, long hours and sometimes even if they work overtime, studio executives may not pay them (overtime pay). Entire episodes can be outsourced to small animation companies who only did things like inbetween animation or paint who have no experience in TV anime, or to overseas companies that while are good, are not given enough time to do something nice. Things like backgrounds are sometimes outsourced to different companies making them inconsistent.

I could go on and on about the problems of the anime industry but they would be no point.
May 19, 2020 8:04 PM

Feb 2012
that's a weird question lol
You can't know what you're making is bad until you give it to the public and see their reactions.
It's basically Trial and errors.
Also it all depend on the taste of japanese people.

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

May 19, 2020 9:05 PM

Jan 2016
just like how a bunch of bad movies are made, people who have no sense what human being is assumes what a human actually likes, and if they know what they like, they will try their best to run it so damn dry that it becomes tiresome. We are going through that phase with isekai right now.

"Get your tentacles off me or ill make calamari out of your manhood" -Mirai Nikki Dub
May 19, 2020 9:32 PM

Jun 2017
"why are bad animes still being made??"

This assumes that at some point people will stop making bad anime. As if at some point human beings should evolve into some kind of superior race that just makes good anime. Well, not so, but far otherwise. Good and bad anime has been made since the dawn of time and will continue to be made till the crack of doom. Just like anything else: books, sausages, cars, forum threads, etc.

But here's the real reason: studios make bad anime so that we can tell the good shows by comparison.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Are you involved in any fandom activity?

RobertBobert - 1 minute ago

0 by RobertBobert »»
1 minute ago

» Do you feel just not excited for anime these days?

anizawa89 - 5 hours ago

24 by Tropisch »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you have ridiculously long ptw list? ( 1 2 3 )

Cammell - May 8

111 by BlueBullet178 »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Is the term “weeb” offensive?

kusairo - 10 hours ago

28 by Kenzolo-folk »»
4 minutes ago

» Does your waifu know how to strike a good pose?

Catalano - Today

16 by TitanOfPlasma »»
6 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.