Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 19 Discussion

Aug 12, 2:19 PM
三葉

I have been re-watching this for 30x now and it still feels like I need to re-watch it more. SEND.HELP...

Aug 12, 2:32 PM

kazumamon said:
Ten said:
Well, it looks cool and all but the fighting techniques still make no sense, feels just like power of friendship pulled out of nowhere at the last second and I don't see how making it about sibling bond is any better. I guess, it's touching and impressive visually but overall nothing special.

I guess you are right in your argumentation, but I think they adapted the most stuff they could out of the manga. I don't if that counts for you because it's all based on opinions. Ufotable really put a lot of effort into this piece of anime.

And it looks amazing, I get that. But probably some of the excitement was lost on me ever since new characters were introduced and the tone shifted to unnecessary comedy. The problem is with the source material, apparently. It's great if it isn't such a problem for most of the viewers but it seems I can't take this anime as seriously anymore or care about what's going on as much. That's why it all just blends into "typical shounen trope" with outstanding visuals at this point.

Aug 12, 4:26 PM

Just amazing..just amazing..I dont come here that often but I had to after seeing this episode.

Aug 12, 4:43 PM
So many ppl complaining on Tanjiro gaining Hinokami because "its cliche"...what did you guys want? Giyuu coming in in the last minute to save the day? that's just last week's Inosuke vs Dad Spider all again: plausible but not as fun or emotional.
This battle's theme was the true bonds of family so Tanjiro HAD to save Nezuko by himself, and its interesting because in the end it was his bond with his family=his memories of his dad that saved his ass and let him beat Rui.

It may be a classic plot but it was done so beautifully. To be able to make a classic shounen plot so emotion-building and breathtakingly beautiful, that alone deserves
praise. Cheers to the author and ufotable.

Aug 12, 6:53 PM

I couldn't content my emotions during all the episode, I was practically the most of the 'badass scenes 'screaming out loud and suddenly was getting heart touching feelings about Tanjiro's family. The last week I was so impatient and I almost went for the continuation in the manga but I desisted for keep the emotion of this chapter that I assumed exciting and it was, it didn't dissapoint me. And I'am grateful with myself about that decision now.
The soundtrack was beautiful and certain epic with the voice of this amazing voice actors's, the aniimation greatest as always but even better. It was the best that I've seen since the year start, I can't wait for more, I'am loving this show and this animation studios too.
LIVE THE LIFE ON YOUR WAY AND FUCK OFF THE REST OF THE WORLD ¬¬

Aug 12, 7:05 PM

zousayu said:
So many ppl complaining on Tanjiro gaining Hinokami because "its cliche"...what did you guys want? Giyuu coming in in the last minute to save the day? that's just last week's Inosuke vs Dad Spider all again: plausible but not as fun or emotional.
This battle's theme was the true bonds of family so Tanjiro HAD to save Nezuko by himself, and its interesting because in the end it was his bond with his family=his memories of his dad that saved his ass and let him beat Rui.

It may be a classic plot but it was done so beautifully. To be able to make a classic shounen plot so emotion-building and breathtakingly beautiful, that alone deserves
praise. Cheers to the author and ufotable.
I totally agree with you, most of the time can't get what this people is looking for in an anime to be good. I guess they really need a rest and let the others be happy.
LIVE THE LIFE ON YOUR WAY AND FUCK OFF THE REST OF THE WORLD ¬¬

Aug 12, 8:11 PM

Amazing episode...

Aug 12, 8:29 PM

This anime is a masterpiece. Score 8.62 is too low, what the hell happens with the people on this page.

Aug 12, 8:36 PM

I was wondering why ufotable kept using so much CG during earlier fights, because they're known for making stuff look awesome and so damn fluid. So far, not too many fight scenes in this show gave me any kind of wow.

But this, THIS, was what they were saving their talent for. Because holy SHIT, that was one of the most beautifully animated fights I have ever seen. The slow motion, the fluid af movements and spins, the colours and vibrancy, everything was so utterly perfect.

And that insert song. I don't know whose idea it was to stop putting insert songs into shows, but this is the definitive proof that, when done right, it will give you straight up chills.

Well done ufotable, consider me speechless

Aug 12, 9:19 PM
WTF WAS THIS EP I'M FKN CRYING I WANNA FKN SHOUT MY HAIRS ARE STANDING MY MIND'S BLANK IM SO RESTLESS WTF THAT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL FCK THAT BGM AND SFX WAS FKN AMAZING EVERYTHING WAS AMAZING BROO OMYGOD

Aug 12, 11:04 PM

This was amazing Holy shit, kimetsu is the only contender for taking MP100 S2 title for AOTY atm

But those powerups man, I wish some background was made before It, but oh well nothing is perfect
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Aug 12, 11:06 PM
BeYourself said:
This was amazing Holy shit, kimetsu is the only contender for taking MP100 S2 title for AOTY atm

But those powerups man, I wish some background was made before It, but oh well nothing is perfect

Yeah random power ups out of nowhere but w/e, still awesome though and then Nezuko blood art is sic af too.

Aug 12, 11:08 PM
skull90 said:
This anime is a masterpiece. Score 8.62 is too low, what the hell happens with the people on this page.

This episode was amazing but it's not all as good as this, that drum demon arc was super boring.

Aug 12, 11:14 PM

nutsie said:
Veromaye said:
Why would the dance need to be prior explained? He never trained it as a fighting move, he just know the movements and adapted it as a breathing technique, he even says that if he stops moving he won't be able to move due to the change of technique so unexpected for his body.

To be fair, the show does not explain jack shit. Not even the breathing techniques have any fundamentals. The characters just yell the technique and that's it.

Lol, my point exactly. This guy is just assuming stuff that was literally never mentioned in previous episodes and they pulled it all in a single episode in under 5 minutes.
Modified by Freakboy69, Aug 12, 11:17 PM

Aug 12, 11:15 PM

elementex said:
skull90 said:

This episode was amazing but it's not all as good as this, that drum demon arc was super boring.

Yeah I hate that arc too. So boring.
My Wife is a Demon Queen

Aug 12, 11:27 PM

King_JP said:
I haven't felt this way in years. I was legit about to get on my feet and start cheering like I used to when I was a kid. Thank you for giving me back that passion unfotable, I truly mean it.

This episode had me guh, I’m literally about to go watch it again because that was just something else entirely. I haven’t felt this way since MP 100 yikes.

I love how as a viewer you can just tell THAT THIS VILLAIN REALLY IS NO JOKE. Everything, the BGM, the voice acting and the animation was taken up to an 11 to convey the intensity of this episode and boy did it WORK!! I was at the edge of my seat except I’m lying in bed, it’s 2 am LOL and this fight had me staring in pure, wide eyed excitement. I probably looked dumb but whatever ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Family bonds. It seems like a broad theme but I ABSOLUTELY LOVE what Demon Slayer did with it, expanding on just how much Tanjiro and Nezuko care about each other. The ED made me tear up. 💯/10 and this isn’t even the finale what the heck

Aug 12, 11:32 PM

Freakboy69 said:

nutsie said:

To be fair, the show does not explain jack shit. Not even the breathing techniques have any fundamentals. The characters just yell the technique and that's it.

Lol, my point exactly. This guy is just assuming stuff that was literally never mentioned in previous episodes and they pulled it all in a single episode in under 5 minutes.

They explained the breathing techniques in episode 3 in detail. What more do you want them to say?
In ep 5. They also forshadowing that Tanjiro was a child of fire/brightness and expected that he would draw a crimson blade.

Aug 12, 11:37 PM

Um...like, i get it, this ep (or at very least those last 10 min or so) 10/10 (9.5/10 if i´m picky about some things) don´t get me wrong, i rewatched some times, but this whole because of that final part suddenly the show is 10/10, it´s like, please take a deep breath.
I like UFO, i like them a lot ever since the KnK days and they are my favorite studio, but this cries like this is the best anime ever made...
RamaTheStrandedOtaku

Aug 12, 11:42 PM
THANK YOU UFOTABLE

Aug 13, 12:12 AM

This episode reminds me a lot of MHA S3 EP4. Fantastic direction, huge emotionnal impact, great animation, very meaningful for main character(s) development, but with a victory that kinda feels like it came out of nowhere.

This, however, doesn't prevent it from being a fantastic episode completly deserving of all the praises it gets, and personnaly one of the best animated and most beautiful episode of anime I ever watched.

Kimetsu's fan, you're hella lucky.

Aug 13, 12:48 AM

Pretty amazing episode - the animation and music was perfectly in sync and even more incredible than usual.

Nezuko getting her blood demon art and Tanjiro's second dance did happen really quickly, though.
We are humans, not fish. We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------

Itachi Uchiha

Aug 13, 1:01 AM

holy shit. that ending was sooo good! and the animation was absolutely brilliant!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Aug 13, 2:11 AM
BeYourself said:

this episode sure was good and the last 5 minutes was a total bomb, best episode of the entire series so far. but, this episode alone still couldnt make the anime become aoty. the best candidates to be aoty for me so far only AOT S3p2 and MOB2
everyday, we stray further from god

Aug 13, 2:16 AM

that insert music + the animations are an omeganut

Aug 13, 2:33 AM

THAT WAS AMAZING! Absolutely brilliant episode. From the animation to the music to the colors and themes. All of it 10/10 for this episode. Now that's shounen done right right there!

Also his new fire breathing form is lit af.

He just lvl'd up right there and took out the one of the twelve moons, his sister got a lvl up too =0
Modified by ThatsNotGaming, Aug 13, 2:36 AM

Aug 13, 3:26 AM

Great episode! This anime is on the whole different level when dumb and dumber are out of the picture. I almost dropped Kimetsu but for just this episode Im glad I didn't.

I don't know how Im going to rate this anime. Serious scenes are like 9/10 but those comedic ones are utter trash.

Aug 13, 4:34 AM

Holy crap, the last time i was screaming this loud because of one episode was probably SnK S3 P2
then this happens...

Aug 13, 4:38 AM

This is definitely the best episode through out the entire anime series i watch since day 1. This anime really show the power and bond between family members.

Aug 13, 4:49 AM

xDreww said:
Just amazing..just amazing..I dont come here that often but I had to after seeing this episode.

This is exactly why I came here, I loved it! ;-;

I was cheering while watching T_T

Aug 13, 5:09 AM

Great that Zenitsu got antidotum!
It was kinda unexpectable that he would be one of the Twelve Demon Moon.His power is overhelming
Great episode ,pretty animation

Aug 13, 6:19 AM

Rama_pt said:
Um...like, i get it, this ep (or at very least those last 10 min or so) 10/10 (9.5/10 if i´m picky about some things) don´t get me wrong, i rewatched some times, but this whole because of that final part suddenly the show is 10/10, it´s like, please take a deep breath.
I like UFO, i like them a lot ever since the KnK days and they are my favorite studio, but this cries like this is the best anime ever made...

Let people enjoy their moment, different tastes for different folks. Noticed a lot of people have struggles accepting that and I've only been here like a day.

Aug 13, 6:22 AM

Tbh although I like the show, I can't understand why people like this so much. It has amazing animation, but everything else... I'm not really feeling it

Aug 13, 6:27 AM
elementex said:
BeYourself said:

Yeah random power ups out of nowhere but w/e, still awesome though and then Nezuko blood art is sic af too.

it was clear that his family was connected with the ancient hunter who had terrified Muzan, and it is no coincidence that when his father died all his family was exterminated, due to the fact that he did not use the breath of the fire before, he was very small and maybe he didn't remember enough to use it, in fact the memories are back on the verge of death, and I'd like to remind you that this is a fucking classic shonen.

Aug 13, 6:31 AM

ufotable DID NOT have to flex on us like that with the production of this episode, if this anime doesnt win "Anime of the Year" then ill lose all faith in the anime community.

NOTHING can top this episode.

Aug 13, 7:14 AM
This was a magnificent episode man and that ending theme is freaking beautiful.

Aug 13, 7:35 AM
Rama_pt said:
the show is aleardy a 8/10 for the majority and fight like that with this animation make people hyped more. It the same like other shows like mob snk

Aug 13, 8:04 AM

Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Of course Tanjirou wouldn't hand over Nezuko so easily. I mean, come on...after everything they've been through in this series so far. I see they adapted the part where the demon took Nezuko by force. Nice to see they kept the violence in tact.

Facing off against one of the Twelve Demon Moon is no joke. The enemy this episode is on a different level compared to regular demons. The Tanjirou family flashbacks were also really touching.
How is your eye-sight after watching these many anime?
Should I troll in the troll bait threads? It is kinda idiotic to be logical in the troll bait threads. Well, it will depend on my mood.

Aug 13, 8:05 AM
mrboko1234 said:
ufotable DID NOT have to flex on us like that with the production of this episode, if this anime doesnt win "Anime of the Year" then ill lose all faith in the anime community.

IKR? lmao aot cant even compare to this masterpiece. not even close, just overated fangay shit

Aug 13, 8:11 AM

mrboko1234 said:

Anime series are made of many episodes not just one therefore community can choose other anime especially if episodes are consistently good/good+ of other shows. How many episodes of KNY are 90% or 90%+?, well at least Kny has good number of episodes in 80.00% and above than that in 80's %age.
Modified by puneetsingh, Aug 13, 8:34 AM
Should I troll in the troll bait threads? It is kinda idiotic to be logical in the troll bait threads. Well, it will depend on my mood.

Aug 13, 8:19 AM
I LOST MY WORDS LOOKING AT THIS MASTERPIECE OF ANIME! EVERYTHING WAS A PERFECTION! I CRIED AND REWATCH THIS EPISODE LIKE EVERYDAY!

well im not exaggerating, but this is the truth and i know y'all just witnessed it
in terms of animation, ost and story was so damn PERFECT!
BEST EPISODE AND ANIME OF THE YEAR HANDS DOWN NO DOUBT

who said AOT as aoty candidate? that was best joke of the year lmao. this anime should be praised more than aot and deserve a score above 9

Aug 13, 8:24 AM
Samoan said:
Rama_pt said:
the show is aleardy a 8/10 for the majority and fight like that with this animation make people hyped more. It the same like other shows like mob snk
im agree with mob as the second, but aot is nowhere near this masterpiece seriously

Aug 13, 8:27 AM

cockblockpolice said:
I LOST MY WORDS LOOKING AT THIS MASTERPIECE OF ANIME! EVERYTHING WAS A PERFECTION! I CRIED AND REWATCH THIS EPISODE LIKE EVERYDAY!

well im not exaggerating, but this is the truth and i know y'all just witnessed it

who said AOT as aoty candidate? that was best joke of the year lmao. this anime should be praised more than aot and deserve a score above 9
It will be over a 9 score if it will be able to give few more episodes over 90.00% or consistently touching or surpassing 80.00%.

Aug 13, 8:27 AM
cockblockpolice said:

Trust me dude I loved this episode as much as everyone else here but tbh if this show was not animated by ufotable or produced as well as it is, maybe it wouldn't even be in my top 5 of this year.

I am not saying the story is bad or anything. Fate/Stay Night ubw had amazing animation too but i hated it because how garbage its story was compared to its prequel.

So the people saying its all because of animation only aren't right either but when it comes to writing i would have to say aot is the superior one.

also you probably said what you said because you haven't watched aot yet so go and do yourselves a favor and watch it! ;)

Aug 13, 8:28 AM
Piromysl said:
It's official now.
Anyone who does not consider this as AOTY officially has a shit taste.
BIG TRUE, or maybe they are just aot fangay i swear

Aug 13, 8:32 AM

puneetsingh said:
cockblockpolice said:

It will be over a 9 score if it will be able to give few more episodes over 90.00% or consistently touching or surpassing 80.00%.
KnY wouldnt reach a 9 score, whoever said that this anime deserve score above 9 is just a troll, ignore it.

Aug 13, 8:34 AM
Alex_Amor said:
cockblockpolice said:

Trust me dude I loved this episode as much as everyone else here but tbh if this show was not animated by ufotable or produced as well as it is, maybe it wouldn't even be in my top 5 of this year.

I am not saying the story is bad or anything. Fate/Stay Night ubw had amazing animation too but i hated it because how garbage its story was compared to its prequel.

So the people saying its all because of animation only aren't right either but when it comes to writing i would have to say aot is the superior one.

also you probably said what you said because you haven't watched aot yet so go and do yourselves a favor and watch it! ;)
yes fate ubw is a bit boring for me except the animation, but still watchable. fate zero better imo.
i just done watch aot and still didnt get the hype, even i have to skip some parts after ep 6 because too boring

Aug 13, 8:37 AM

Jfs_ said:
puneetsingh said:
KnY wouldnt reach a 9 score, whoever said that this anime deserve score above 9 is just a troll, ignore it.
Therefore I was telling him that more high %age episodes are needed for that score( because now it is not that near to score 9).

Aug 13, 8:38 AM
cockblockpolice said:
Alex_Amor said:

yes fate ubw is a bit boring for me except the animation, but still watchable. fate zero better imo.
i just done watch aot and still didnt get the hype, even i have to skip some parts after ep 6 because too boring

wait are you in the 1st season? ye 1st season had pacing issues and is my least fav season but it only gets better and better from there.

Aug 13, 8:50 AM
Alex_Amor said:
cockblockpolice said:

wait are you in the 1st season? ye 1st season had pacing issues and is my least fav season but it only gets better and better from there.
no i was watched the last season and i dont get it why u could say it gets better? the pacing, the story and character still boring for me nothing special and overrated imo

Aug 13, 8:52 AM

Freakboy69 said:

Both stuffs were explained and foreshadowed, nothing that they build here was randomly thrown to the public. They don't need more than 1 episode ( not even a whole episode ) to explain stuffs that don't really need an expanded explanation if the point is making an impact to the audience like it did in the ep. Otherwise it wouldn't have felt as amazing and impressive like it did.

It seems that:

1. You don't pay attention to it because poor attention span
2. You aren't even watching this and just came to piss off because the anime suddenly became praised because it deserves it.

You can't tell me that "aww it's because it's boring so how could i pay attention to it" lol.

Smh people hate talk no jutsu but when a character makes something amazing with decent amount of explanation, people get triggered because that should've explained in ten arcs.

But we all know that you and most alt accounts are just mad because Yaiba is being heavily praised ( thing that it does deserve ) and your current favorite anime doesn't.

Like people who is watching Vinland saga are so triggered by this that they started talking shit like "At least Vinland has story unlike KnY" in the anime ep discussion?????

Extremely childish community attacks again.

Pages (17) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »