Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (22) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »
Aug 12, 2019 6:19 AM
Aug 2013
I'll make it short, 11/10 !!!!
Aug 12, 2019 6:30 AM

Jan 2011
Goddamn, I want Ufo to fully adapt this more than ever now.
Aug 12, 2019 6:31 AM
Apr 2019
Best fight scene in the entire show , best animation and best song that featured in it, i Love the song it touches my soul
Aug 12, 2019 7:35 AM

Apr 2015
Freakboy69 said:

It was a Deus Ex Machina alright, an amazingly animated, epic one nonetheless. We may have known his father was indeed a Demon Slayer earlier in the series, as hinted by Muzan, but in no way was the dance ever mentioned or foreshadowed. We see his father performing the Kagura Dance literally a minute before showing us that Tanjiro actually knows it and remembered it.

You don't even understand the concept of Deus Ex or those retarded words used just to reject something because is not done how you exactly want it to happen or be explained ten episodes before.

Why would the dance need to be prior explained? He never trained it as a fighting move, he just know the movements and adapted it as a breathing technique, he even says that if he stops moving he won't be able to move due to the change of technique so unexpected for his body.

It would've sucked and every bit of surprise would've been ruined for the audience knowing that he somehow knew that dance.

It was an excellent moment to use it, an excellent moment to remember it, because like it's said in the SAME episode and in the PREVIOUS episode, you tend to see your whole life memories when you're going to die, and just like Zenitsu did, find something that you've learned to escape from death if possible.

Everything was made for that moment. Some "Deus Ex Machina" would be that they didn't showed ANYTHING about the power but he just randomly made that power because Nezuko screamed or some stupid shit.

Aug 12, 2019 8:03 AM

Jan 2018
This episode gets a 10/10. Hands down. I don't know how many times I've rewatched the last 5 min.
ARK-13Aug 12, 2019 11:03 PM
Aug 12, 2019 8:20 AM
Mar 2016
Veromaye said:
Why would the dance need to be prior explained? He never trained it as a fighting move, he just know the movements and adapted it as a breathing technique, he even says that if he stops moving he won't be able to move due to the change of technique so unexpected for his body.

To be fair, the show does not explain jack shit. Not even the breathing techniques have any fundamentals. The characters just yell the technique and that's it.

Samoan said:
you cant expect from them to give you everything in once and it just 19 episode and we just start to know the other demon slayer Maybe they explained the ranks later

In 20 and something episodes you already had the ranks lined up in Naruto. Genin, Chuunin, Jounin, Hokage.

It was quite simple, actually.
Aug 12, 2019 8:30 AM

Aug 2019
@nutsie

While you have a point, you have to take into account how different both worlds are at the time with that amount of episodes.

Naruto: A anime about a kid in a village where older ninja can teach him anything he needs to know at a moments notice if the plot wills for it. (Iruka/Kakashi/3rd hokage if we're going by the 20 and something episodes mark)

Kimetsu: A anime where a boy is literally fighting for his life day in and out and has to adapt to situations in order to survive against constant demon missions and barely gets a breather to rest, let alone train/build anything up for a move. With the pacing of Kimetsu, if the author tried to explain every single thing, we wouldn't even be at the spider demon arc in this season probably.
Byleth-KunAug 12, 2019 8:43 AM
Aug 12, 2019 8:43 AM
Jan 2017
episode 19 is the best episode of all this series ,, looking Tanjiro fight hard the spider demon and because his love is very big for her sister , tanjiro using his secret family tecnique that teach by his father and helped by his sister was perfect combo,, wow the fight scene is very very great,, there no more good anime in this season,, very-very like this cool episode
Aug 12, 2019 8:57 AM
Jul 2015
This episode is a masterpiece, I can't remember the last anime that got me this hyped
Aug 12, 2019 9:26 AM
Mar 2016
Byleth-Kun said:
@nutsie

While you have a point, you have to take into account how different both worlds are at the time with that amount of episodes.

Naruto: A anime about a kid in a village where older ninja can teach him anything he needs to know at a moments notice if the plot wills for it. (Iruka/Kakashi/3rd hokage if we're going by the 20 and something episodes mark)

Kimetsu: A anime where a boy is literally fighting for his life day in and out and has to adapt to situations in order to survive against constant demon missions and barely gets a breather to rest, let alone train/build anything up for a move. With the pacing of Kimetsu, if the author tried to explain every single thing, we wouldn't even be at the spider demon arc in this season probably.

But we had a training arc that lasted for two years. The problem is that we didn't learn much from it. Tanjiro got stronger and that's it.

I appreciate the fast pacing of Kimetsu, but if you don't bother explaining the fundamentals of the world, then moments like in this episode feel meaningless. Instead of having Tanjiro learn all of the 10 breathing techniques right from the start, it would have been better for the show for him to slowly learn each move.

It almost feels like watching Battle Tendency, where JoJo would asspull moves out of nowhere. The difference is that it worked, as BT was a parody of sorts.

Kimetsu no Yaiba takes itself more seriously.
Aug 12, 2019 9:59 AM

Dec 2016

@nutsie The thing is does those thing matter, does learning about ranking of the demon hunter matter to the character. Tanjirou doesn't want to be the best demon hunter or the leader of the demon hunter, he want to save his sister. So for him, the ranking and organization stuff doesn't matter. It matter to Naruto since his motive is to be Hokage and he need to climb the latter. Also what fundamental things do you want it to explain that it isn't already explain? Water is an element of change as stated in the Drum demon fight so the 10 moves for adapting to the situation. I like compare this to Wuxia genre since it the most similar here, in those story, martial art have 2 part, the inner strength and the technique, the inner strength part is the foundation of the martial art and therefore more important while the technique is the colorful and enhance part. The same principle applied here, the Breathing part is the foudation while the moves is the enhance part, so we just need to see MC learn about the foundation while can interpret that when one master the foundation, one can master the enhance part. When Tanjirou recall his family dance, he actually enhance the technique part with the new foundation from his father teaching.
Aug 12, 2019 10:15 AM

Feb 2013
Ten said:
Well, it looks cool and all but the fighting techniques still make no sense, feels just like power of friendship pulled out of nowhere at the last second and I don't see how making it about sibling bond is any better. I guess, it's touching and impressive visually but overall nothing special.

I guess you are right in your argumentation, but I think they adapted the most stuff they could out of the manga. I don't if that counts for you because it's all based on opinions. Ufotable really put a lot of effort into this piece of anime.
Aug 12, 2019 10:50 AM

Oct 2018
I like how people barely even talked about this anime until this episode, now it's the most discussed anime in the entire anime community
They've finally realized the greatness of this anime

I love it!
Aug 12, 2019 11:01 AM
Nostalgia Addict

Feb 2018
i was too excited to watch this ep after seeing the ratings .

but when i watch the ep. i realized that it's so overrated
Yeah the animation is masterpiece but the plot is trash .
Aug 12, 2019 11:19 AM
Aug 2019
It has been a long time since i have felt anything, like BLOWING YOUR MIND OFF, this is how good this anime is! EVERYTHING IS PERFECT ! IT IS SO TOUCHING, MOVING AND I CRIED because the amount of effort has been especially put into this single episode is astounding and i feel extremely happy for Ufotable ! This is just the beginning. Imagine the rest of the manga adaptation, it will be BEASTLY BEAUTIFUL!!!
Aug 12, 2019 12:08 PM

Aug 2011
Ok, this is beyond perfection.
Aug 12, 2019 1:04 PM

Oct 2016
This episode is insane, I've never felt this awestruck in a very long time. The last 5 minutes is FIRE. (literally and figuratively)

Aug 12, 2019 1:14 PM

Feb 2015
I was really teetering on giving this anime a 10, but this episode really helped cement my decision. Haven't seen a true 10/10 anime in a while, but this series does everything right, as an adaption and simply an anime.
Aug 12, 2019 1:23 PM
Oct 2016
This is one of the best pieces of animation i have ever seen. The emotions, the hype, everything about that was amazing.
Aug 12, 2019 1:27 PM
Jun 2019

2d animation beautiful 3d animation spectacular drawings ufotable art I love you the best fucking chapter of the year
Aug 12, 2019 1:47 PM

Mar 2018
best animation ever, fantastic episode.
Aug 12, 2019 1:49 PM

Sep 2008
Episodes like this is why i watch anime.
When done right nothing else can come close to emulating this feeling.
The music, visuals, action just comes so well together and it triggers my emotions.
I know its easy to come up with reasons to bring this show down if we really looked for them but i think its actually very well done and exciting to watch.
~_~ !
Aug 12, 2019 2:02 PM
Feb 2011
This episode is absolutely stunning - well directed, beautifully animated, the music was composed in perfect alignment with the tone of the anime: the instrument choice, dynamics indicating the climaxes with impeccable timing, complexity of the instrumental lines yet simplicity of the vocal line. It was all so well balanced I am so impressed. I can't stop rewatching and raving to my friends about it.

I also love the minor theme that has been presented in the past two episodes: the concept of seeing your life flash before your eyes when death is upon you. I came to realize this was a theme they were playing with when I noticed that the only thing people were commenting on as a flaw of the episode being how suddenly/randomly Tanjirou and Nezuko gained their fire powers. As someone who hasn't read the manga, I thought the same thing initially as well. However, it make sense when you connect it to the theme. Tanjirou was preparing himself to die in battle, and in that moment, the screen flashes to the mosaic of his memories where we are then led into the flashback of his father and the Hinokami Kagura. Nezuko was similarly injured and passed out when she had her vision of her mother.

However, this was not the first time the theme appeared (otherwise, I wouldn't call it a theme lol). We first see it when Inosuke is fighting the father spider demon in episode 18. He is being crushed when he gets the vision of a woman, seemingly his mother. He is then saved by Giyuu and is left to wonder what his vision meant. I thought it was a mere foreshadowing technique until I made the connection to the other battles. We see it again with Zenitsu when he is dying of spider poison. This is actually where the writers try to point out the theme to viewers. Zenitsu has a vision of his master telling him to not give up and takes up the breathing method he was taught to slow the poison. When Shinobu comes to save him, Zenitsu tells her he thought he saw his master. The writers come in and have Shinobu point blank say "You saw your life flashing before your eyes. According to one theory, the reason one sees such images just before death is because you're searching for a way to avoid death by going through all your past experiences and memories."

In all 4 cases, the characters had these flashbacks and came to revelations that indicate the future directions of the show. Inosuke wants to understand more of his past, Zenitsu decides he actually wants to live in honor of his master, and Tanjirou and Nezuko gained fire powers that seem to be in relation to their family. In Nezuko and Tanjirou's case, this is actually something that has been hinted at for a long time, like when Haganezuka (the swordsmith) mentioned how he hoped Tanjirou's sword would turn red due to his family's affiliation with fire or just every time someone points out how the two of them are different and special. I am so excited to learn more and am really holding myself back from reading the manga. ufotable has really made this something special that I want to watch to see how they do it the whole way through.
Animefilledsoul2Aug 12, 2019 2:27 PM
Aug 12, 2019 2:19 PM

Jul 2014
I have been re-watching this for 30x now and it still feels like I need to re-watch it more. SEND.HELP...
Aug 12, 2019 2:32 PM

May 2015
kazumamon said:
Ten said:
Well, it looks cool and all but the fighting techniques still make no sense, feels just like power of friendship pulled out of nowhere at the last second and I don't see how making it about sibling bond is any better. I guess, it's touching and impressive visually but overall nothing special.

I guess you are right in your argumentation, but I think they adapted the most stuff they could out of the manga. I don't if that counts for you because it's all based on opinions. Ufotable really put a lot of effort into this piece of anime.

And it looks amazing, I get that. But probably some of the excitement was lost on me ever since new characters were introduced and the tone shifted to unnecessary comedy. The problem is with the source material, apparently. It's great if it isn't such a problem for most of the viewers but it seems I can't take this anime as seriously anymore or care about what's going on as much. That's why it all just blends into "typical shounen trope" with outstanding visuals at this point.
Aug 12, 2019 4:26 PM

Aug 2009
Just amazing..just amazing..I dont come here that often but I had to after seeing this episode.
Aug 12, 2019 4:43 PM
Aug 2019
So many ppl complaining on Tanjiro gaining Hinokami because "its cliche"...what did you guys want? Giyuu coming in in the last minute to save the day? that's just last week's Inosuke vs Dad Spider all again: plausible but not as fun or emotional.
This battle's theme was the true bonds of family so Tanjiro HAD to save Nezuko by himself, and its interesting because in the end it was his bond with his family=his memories of his dad that saved his ass and let him beat Rui.

It may be a classic plot but it was done so beautifully. To be able to make a classic shounen plot so emotion-building and breathtakingly beautiful, that alone deserves
praise. Cheers to the author and ufotable.
Aug 12, 2019 6:53 PM

Oct 2017
I couldn't content my emotions during all the episode, I was practically the most of the 'badass scenes 'screaming out loud and suddenly was getting heart touching feelings about Tanjiro's family. The last week I was so impatient and I almost went for the continuation in the manga but I desisted for keep the emotion of this chapter that I assumed exciting and it was, it didn't dissapoint me. And I'am grateful with myself about that decision now.
The soundtrack was beautiful and certain epic with the voice of this amazing voice actors's, the aniimation greatest as always but even better. It was the best that I've seen since the year start, I can't wait for more, I'am loving this show and this animation studios too.
-¡Give yourself to me!
Aug 12, 2019 7:05 PM

Oct 2017
zousayu said:
So many ppl complaining on Tanjiro gaining Hinokami because "its cliche"...what did you guys want? Giyuu coming in in the last minute to save the day? that's just last week's Inosuke vs Dad Spider all again: plausible but not as fun or emotional.
This battle's theme was the true bonds of family so Tanjiro HAD to save Nezuko by himself, and its interesting because in the end it was his bond with his family=his memories of his dad that saved his ass and let him beat Rui.

It may be a classic plot but it was done so beautifully. To be able to make a classic shounen plot so emotion-building and breathtakingly beautiful, that alone deserves
praise. Cheers to the author and ufotable.
I totally agree with you, most of the time can't get what this people is looking for in an anime to be good. I guess they really need a rest and let the others be happy.
-¡Give yourself to me!
Aug 12, 2019 8:11 PM

Aug 2016
Amazing episode...
Aug 12, 2019 8:29 PM

May 2017
This anime is a masterpiece. Score 8.62 is too low, what the hell happens with the people on this page.
    CARP 9/12/18 Eterno
Aug 12, 2019 8:36 PM
News Team
Demon Spawn

Apr 2017
I was wondering why ufotable kept using so much CG during earlier fights, because they're known for making stuff look awesome and so damn fluid. So far, not too many fight scenes in this show gave me any kind of wow.

But this, THIS, was what they were saving their talent for. Because holy SHIT, that was one of the most beautifully animated fights I have ever seen. The slow motion, the fluid af movements and spins, the colours and vibrancy, everything was so utterly perfect.

And that insert song. I don't know whose idea it was to stop putting insert songs into shows, but this is the definitive proof that, when done right, it will give you straight up chills.

Well done ufotable, consider me speechless
Aug 12, 2019 9:19 PM
Aug 2017
WTF WAS THIS EP I'M FKN CRYING I WANNA FKN SHOUT MY HAIRS ARE STANDING MY MIND'S BLANK IM SO RESTLESS WTF THAT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL FCK THAT BGM AND SFX WAS FKN AMAZING EVERYTHING WAS AMAZING BROO OMYGOD
Aug 12, 2019 11:04 PM

Mar 2010
This was amazing Holy shit, kimetsu is the only contender for taking MP100 S2 title for AOTY atm

But those powerups man, I wish some background was made before It, but oh well nothing is perfect
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 12, 2019 11:06 PM
Apr 2019
BeYourself said:
This was amazing Holy shit, kimetsu is the only contender for taking MP100 S2 title for AOTY atm

But those powerups man, I wish some background was made before It, but oh well nothing is perfect

Yeah random power ups out of nowhere but w/e, still awesome though and then Nezuko blood art is sic af too.
Aug 12, 2019 11:08 PM
Apr 2019
skull90 said:
This anime is a masterpiece. Score 8.62 is too low, what the hell happens with the people on this page.

This episode was amazing but it's not all as good as this, that drum demon arc was super boring.
Aug 12, 2019 11:15 PM

May 2018
elementex said:
skull90 said:

This episode was amazing but it's not all as good as this, that drum demon arc was super boring.

Yeah I hate that arc too. So boring.
Aug 12, 2019 11:27 PM
Jul 2018
King_JP said:
I haven't felt this way in years. I was legit about to get on my feet and start cheering like I used to when I was a kid. Thank you for giving me back that passion unfotable, I truly mean it.

This episode had me guh, I’m literally about to go watch it again because that was just something else entirely. I haven’t felt this way since MP 100 yikes.

I love how as a viewer you can just tell THAT THIS VILLAIN REALLY IS NO JOKE. Everything, the BGM, the voice acting and the animation was taken up to an 11 to convey the intensity of this episode and boy did it WORK!! I was at the edge of my seat except I’m lying in bed, it’s 2 am LOL and this fight had me staring in pure, wide eyed excitement. I probably looked dumb but whatever ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Family bonds. It seems like a broad theme but I ABSOLUTELY LOVE what Demon Slayer did with it, expanding on just how much Tanjiro and Nezuko care about each other. The ED made me tear up. 💯/10 and this isn’t even the finale what the heck
Aug 12, 2019 11:32 PM

Jun 2011
Freakboy69 said:

nutsie said:

To be fair, the show does not explain jack shit. Not even the breathing techniques have any fundamentals. The characters just yell the technique and that's it.

Lol, my point exactly. This guy is just assuming stuff that was literally never mentioned in previous episodes and they pulled it all in a single episode in under 5 minutes.

They explained the breathing techniques in episode 3 in detail. What more do you want them to say?
In ep 5. They also forshadowing that Tanjiro was a child of fire/brightness and expected that he would draw a crimson blade.
Aug 12, 2019 11:37 PM

Jan 2010
Um...like, i get it, this ep (or at very least those last 10 min or so) 10/10 (9.5/10 if i´m picky about some things) don´t get me wrong, i rewatched some times, but this whole because of that final part suddenly the show is 10/10, it´s like, please take a deep breath.
I like UFO, i like them a lot ever since the KnK days and they are my favorite studio, but this cries like this is the best anime ever made...
RamaTheStrandedOtaku

Nier and MGS fan.
Aug 12, 2019 11:42 PM
Dec 2017
THANK YOU UFOTABLE
Aug 13, 2019 12:12 AM

Mar 2018
This episode reminds me a lot of MHA S3 EP4. Fantastic direction, huge emotionnal impact, great animation, very meaningful for main character(s) development, but with a victory that kinda feels like it came out of nowhere.

This, however, doesn't prevent it from being a fantastic episode completly deserving of all the praises it gets, and personnaly one of the best animated and most beautiful episode of anime I ever watched.

Kimetsu's fan, you're hella lucky.
Aug 13, 2019 12:48 AM

May 2019
Pretty amazing episode - the animation and music was perfectly in sync and even more incredible than usual.

Nezuko getting her blood demon art and Tanjiro's second dance did happen really quickly, though.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Aug 13, 2019 1:01 AM

Mar 2015
holy shit. that ending was sooo good! and the animation was absolutely brilliant!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 13, 2019 2:11 AM

Sep 2017
BeYourself said:

this episode sure was good and the last 5 minutes was a total bomb, best episode of the entire series so far. but, this episode alone still couldnt make the anime become aoty. the best candidates to be aoty for me so far only AOT S3p2 and MOB2
Aug 13, 2019 2:16 AM
Jul 2018
that insert music + the animations are an omeganut
Aug 13, 2019 2:33 AM

Apr 2018
THAT WAS AMAZING! Absolutely brilliant episode. From the animation to the music to the colors and themes. All of it 10/10 for this episode. Now that's shounen done right right there!

Also his new fire breathing form is lit af.

He just lvl'd up right there and took out the one of the twelve moons, his sister got a lvl up too =0
ThatsNotGamingAug 13, 2019 2:36 AM
Aug 13, 2019 3:26 AM

Mar 2014
Great episode! This anime is on the whole different level when dumb and dumber are out of the picture. I almost dropped Kimetsu but for just this episode Im glad I didn't.

I don't know how Im going to rate this anime. Serious scenes are like 9/10 but those comedic ones are utter trash.
Aug 13, 2019 4:34 AM

Aug 2018
Holy crap, the last time i was screaming this loud because of one episode was probably SnK S3 P2
then this happens...

Aug 13, 2019 4:38 AM

Jan 2012
This is definitely the best episode through out the entire anime series i watch since day 1. This anime really show the power and bond between family members.
Pages (22) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I don't get it

n0tSamir - Jul 7, 2023

34 by guts4ever »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

19 by Naveen6662246 »»
Apr 22, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2019

272 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 20, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2019

282 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 19, 11:49 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2019

316 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 18, 12:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.