Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 8, 2019 2:05 PM
Dec 2018
She IS however a single-target sexuality. If Miss Kobayashi was a guy, she'd still fall in love with her. Change my mind.
Aug 11, 2019 10:53 PM

Sep 2018
Well, the fact that she made a love potion in the 14th episode to try and get to Kobayashi's body, tells me differently.
Aug 24, 2019 2:11 PM
Jul 2018
Sooooo she's bi, then. Cool beans.
Aug 24, 2019 10:03 PM

Sep 2018
AiNoMukidashi said:
GakutoDeathGlare said:
Well, the fact that she made a love potion in the 14th episode to try and get to Kobayashi's body, tells me differently.

Read op's comment again.

Yeah I agree with op, had Kobayashi been male, Tohru would've fallen for him as well.
No, I think the OP is just a basement dwelling loser who's waifu happens to be Tohru (read the rest of his posts) but the fact that she's head over heels for a women, doesn't stand right with OP. So he felt the need to make this thread solely to vent his frustrations.
Aug 24, 2019 10:22 PM

Nov 2016
GakutoDeathGlare said:
AiNoMukidashi said:

Read op's comment again.

Yeah I agree with op, had Kobayashi been male, Tohru would've fallen for him as well.
No, I think the OP is just a basement dwelling loser who's waifu happens to be Tohru (read the rest of his posts) but the fact that she's head over heels for a women, doesn't stand right with OP. So he felt the need to make this thread solely to vent his frustrations.
Spoilers for a Potential S2 up ahead. Proceeed with caution.

GokaiKingAug 24, 2019 10:27 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 8, 2019 11:37 AM

Mar 2018
It is pretty simple. She is a DRAGON and doesn't care for labels. Male, female - who cares. She loves Kobayashi in any form and no matter what age.
Sep 8, 2019 2:22 PM
Jan 2019
Yes she is. Here goes your logic: if a guy's girlfriend was another guy he's still fall for him cause they're in love.
Nov 24, 2020 4:51 PM
Nov 2020
Dude_Perfectz said:
Yes she is. Here goes your logic: if a guy's girlfriend was another guy he's still fall for him cause they're in love.

But Tohru is a dragon, I don't think she obeys nor cares about labels as much as humans do.
Dec 2, 2020 12:26 PM
Jan 2019
YeetMcSkeet said:
Dude_Perfectz said:

But Tohru is a dragon, I don't think she obeys nor cares about labels as much as humans do.

Yeah, we don't know that. What we do know is she is able to like a girl. Anyone can change the narrative to their liking, not point out facts
Dec 2, 2020 1:58 PM

Dec 2018
This is from the dragon maid wiki

"Tohru is a female dragon with the ability to transform into a human girl. After Kobayashi rescues her, she falls in love with her and decides to work for her as a maid"

"She is more than happy with her life on Earth, and loves Kobayashi so much that she would rather stay and inevitably outlive her rather than return to her homeworld"

"Tohru is deeply in love with Kobayashi. She does her best to serve Kobayashi as her maid every day and hopes that someday they'll share feelings"

So she is a lesbian dragon,,,,YEEEEEEEEES

Yuri-CrusaderDec 2, 2020 2:06 PM
Dec 4, 2020 6:31 PM
Mar 2014
Yuri-Crusader said:

"Tohru is a female dragon with the ability to transform into a human girl. After Kobayashi rescues her, she falls in love with her and decides to work for her as a maid"

"She is more than happy with her life on Earth, and loves Kobayashi so much that she would rather stay and inevitably outlive her rather than return to her homeworld"

"Tohru is deeply in love with Kobayashi. She does her best to serve Kobayashi as her maid every day and hopes that someday they'll share feelings"

my dude, you do know that site is edited by regular people and by that I mean anyone with a bias can get on and type whatever the hell it is they want(and most often it is the case). Tarou is single target sexual, that i can agree with but not that she's yuri. Had Kobyashi been a male she would of STILL went for him and that is further backed by one of the chapters in the manga which I wont spoil for anyone reading further. So yeah I rest my case

P.S your name yuri crusader implies you wanna aggressively shove that ish down other peoples throat whether they like it or not so that kinda goes against you too and oh the fact that you called guys weird freaks shows you hold some sort of resentment so that doesnt look to good either)
Dec 5, 2020 3:25 AM

Dec 2018
@ShinXShinra

You haven't even watched that anime or read the manga so how do you know? I haven't read the manga either but at least I watched the anime before having opinions about it. And sometimes the manga different from anime adaptions. So I base my interpretations on what I have watched and not the manga. In the anime, Tooru is definitely in love with Kobayashi and doing everything in her power to seduce her

Had been a male? Well now she isn't a male =P Kobayashi IS a female. What she could be in the manga or another universe doesn't matter IMO

But they are fictional characters mere drawings on a paper. And can be bend after the creator's will. Kobayashi can easily be changed into a male in season two Lol. if they wish to do so. And If that happens I am going to agree with you. But until then I am sticking with my interpretation

Don't you think that is kind of a hypocritical arguments you are using here? Implying that I am aggressive. When in fact you are the one who expression yourself hatefully towards homosexuals in anime.Seems to be very angry and upset over my opinions. I haven't said a word to you until you start talking to me and trying to shove your opinions down my throat =P

If you don't like my love for Yuri I suggest you use the ignore function in the future. No one is forcing you to read my posts

But have a nice day

Yuri-CrusaderDec 5, 2020 10:39 AM
Dec 5, 2020 7:09 PM
Mar 2014
Yuri-Crusader said:
@ShinXShinra

You haven't even watched that anime or read the manga so how do you know? I haven't read the manga either but at least I watched the anime before having opinions about it. And sometimes the manga different from anime adaptions. So I base my interpretations on what I have watched and not the manga. In the anime, Tooru is definitely in love with Kobayashi and doing everything in her power to seduce her

Had been a male? Well now she isn't a male =P Kobayashi IS a female. What she could be in the manga or another universe doesn't matter IMO

But they are fictional characters mere drawings on a paper. And can be bend after the creator's will. Kobayashi can easily be changed into a male in season two Lol. if they wish to do so. And If that happens I am going to agree with you. But until then I am sticking with my interpretation

Don't you think that is kind of a hypocritical arguments you are using here? Implying that I am aggressive. When in fact you are the one who expression yourself hatefully towards homosexuals in anime.Seems to be very angry and upset over my opinions. I haven't said a word to you until you start talking to me and trying to shove your opinions down my throat =P

If you don't like my love for Yuri I suggest you use the ignore function in the future. No one is forcing you to read my posts

But have a nice day

WTH!? I have seen it what are you even talking about??? Yeah I do agree with you about having the right to owns on opinion and interpretation however your little squad was getting at the op's throat and that annoyed me. What I stated was merely facts, if in the future you wish to check info on a series the 3 places are one the original source material which is the manga, two what the author says and three official websites. I am not forcing you to agree with me nor was I trying to hurt you or your kind by stating my distaste of such behaviour; I apologise if that was the case however I merely was stating my stance upon the matter. Lastly you are the one who replied to my post so of course you were going to get a reply accordingly.
Dec 6, 2020 5:06 AM

Dec 2018
ShinXShinra said:
Yuri-Crusader said:
@ShinXShinra

But have a nice day

WTH!? I have seen it what are you even talking about??? Yeah I do agree with you about having the right to owns on opinion and interpretation however your little squad was getting at the op's throat and that annoyed me. What I stated was merely facts, if in the future you wish to check info on a series the 3 places are one the original source material which is the manga, two what the author says and three official websites. I am not forcing you to agree with me nor was I trying to hurt you or your kind by stating my distaste of such behaviour; I apologise if that was the case however I merely was stating my stance upon the matter. Lastly you are the one who replied to my post so of course you were going to get a reply accordingly.

Ok maybe I missed it because I checked your list and it was only on your plan to watch .And my squad? Please don't hold me accountable for other peoples behavior. I was not being unfriendly at all towards the op, I just disagreed

And YOU started this conversation by addressing my post. Otherwise I wouldn't have address you to start with. You can clearly see that above. My first post have the number 11. I neither mention you quoted or addressed you in that post .Then the next post number 12 is yours, you are quoting me and implying that I behave aggressively even when I haven't done so. And of course I am going to reply on that and stand my ground

And again I only care about what is going to happened in season two .Just because the manga is source dont mean it have to be exactly the same. Only time will tell. I will stick with my interpretation until I consider it to be disproved. And In the first season Tohru was all over Kobayashi, and even if I wish she had answer more strongly she never really pushed her away either. Most characters in this seem to be much more interested in others with the same sex rather then the opposite sex. My interpretation is they are two lesbians living together with a child and for me its pretty strong in the Yuri

If you or other disagree I respect that. Thank you for the conversation =)

Yuri-CrusaderDec 6, 2020 7:57 AM
Dec 6, 2020 7:33 PM
Mar 2014
Yuri-Crusader said:
ShinXShinra said:

Ok maybe I missed it because I checked your list and it was only on your plan to watch .And my squad? Please don't hold me accountable for other peoples behavior. I was not being unfriendly at all towards the op, I just disagreed

And YOU started this conversation by addressing my post. Otherwise I wouldn't have address you to start with. You can clearly see that above. My first post have the number 11. I neither mention you quoted or addressed you in that post .Then the next post number 12 is yours, you are quoting me and implying that I behave aggressively even when I haven't done so. And of course I am going to reply on that and stand my ground

And again I only care about what is going to happened in season two .Just because the manga is source dont mean it have to be exactly the same. Only time will tell. I will stick with my interpretation until I consider it to be disproved. And In the first season Tohru was all over Kobayashi, and even if I wish she had answer more strongly she never really pushed her away either. Most characters in this seem to be much more interested in others with the same sex rather then the opposite sex. My interpretation is they are two lesbians living together with a child and for me its pretty strong in the Yuri

If you or other disagree I respect that. Thank you for the conversation =)

I don't feel the need to explain myself to a stranger however if I must, briefly put I have 2 accounts this one, which was stolen a while back until managed to retrieve it. During that period I was updating anime on my new account which I don't use anymore. I need to find the time to upload my backlog on here however they are 400 plus anime and manga so it is a bit of a hassle but thanks to you I will do it sooner then I had planned.

Oh really? tee hee I have absolutely horrible fish memory but it must have been in response to something negative you must have said..I apoligise.

Let me add, you may disconsider the manga from the 3 sources IF in the case that the anime diverges from the manga but this particular anime from what I can remember was exactly how the manga was so yeah but by all means you may wish to make your own interpretation on it, so as long as you don't force another to believe what is or isn't. Might I add that this is the infamous Kyoto Animation we are talking about, my advice to you is never expect that S2 because they rarely ever do a S2 on series and personally I have mixed feelings about them as they have the tendency to bend source material or minor details or the like in order to do things to please others such as a perfectly normal story of music and romance utterly bent into yuri in the anime. If you don't know what I am talking about I am referring to the anime Hibike! Euphoria. A great manga gone too waste just for the sake of pleasing others.. I say this to say, you never know what might come from this studio; there is a chance you could be right in the future, rejoice yuri one san :]

Edit: The part where you say she doesn't get a proper answer in order to affirm their feelings, that is a prime example of this shitty yet good studio (i have a love hate relationship with KA -.-) Their trying to please people like me AND you which I strongly disagree with. If you're going to include such stuff then go all out so people such as myself can avoid it please don't try baiting me into watching it like I did with this particular series. It is unfortunate yet I have seen quite a few yuri series and you guessed correct, there are all by KA even though they aren't tagged as Yuri but they are still due to underlying tones and the atmosphere such as KOBAYASHI. It is truly pitiful because neither me or you is happy that way.
ShinXShinraDec 6, 2020 7:40 PM
Dec 11, 2020 9:37 AM

Aug 2020
she says in the very first episode that she’s sexually attracted to Kobayashi. She tells her she loves her ever day.
Dec 14, 2020 2:30 AM
Oct 2020
Tohru is not lesbian

"change my mind"
Dec 14, 2020 2:50 AM

Oct 2017
I don't care about a fictional character's sexuality that's non-canon and I never will.
Dec 24, 2020 10:13 AM
Oct 2019
this whole post just makes it just sound like your upset that she wouldn’t be attracted to you if she were real
Feb 13, 2021 5:53 AM
Feb 2021
You have to accept the fact that tohru is lesbian :(
Feb 18, 2021 10:38 AM
Feb 2021
GakutoDeathGlare said:
AiNoMukidashi said:

Read op's comment again.

exactly what i was thinking lmfao. bro needs to gain some sense of reality
Feb 23, 2021 12:58 AM
Feb 2021
Yuri-Crusader said:

Yes she is in love with a woman. But it doesn't mean she doesn't like men😂😂. She could be lesbian but you shouldn't say she is lesbian for being in love with a female when she could also like men.
Feb 27, 2021 5:02 PM
Nov 2020
this whole thread is sad
god i love the toaru series
Mar 10, 2021 6:39 PM
Aug 2019
Are people caring about a dragon sex orientation ?
Mar 15, 2021 9:29 AM
Jul 2018
YASS TOHRU IS NOT LESBIANN >:D
Mar 17, 2021 6:56 AM

Jan 2013
She's a dragon you fucking weirdo, who gives a shit.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Mar 17, 2021 7:16 AM

Aug 2018
I'm not a fan of the show, (I dropped it about halfway through) but I agree with OP. It's obvious right from the get-go that Touru would feel the same about Kobayashi even if she were an an elderly man or a child or a robot or whatever. Touru is, after all, a thousand year old mythological creature so her mind operates on a different wavelength than a human's does.
Apr 13, 2021 5:34 PM

Aug 2018
If she doesn't care about gender, then maybe she's just bi or pan.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 13, 2021 5:36 PM

Oct 2020
if she was lebian, it would be hotter damn
# of bans: 4

@NoLiferSoul is an S+ tier MAL Staff member

@anime-prime and @AlexPaulLEWZ are S tier

Rest are mid
Apr 14, 2021 5:11 PM
Oct 2011
Ignoring made up words, yeah she is at least lesbian, could be bi instead but I guess we'll never know.
Apr 17, 2021 6:33 PM

Oct 2014
Most pan people I've met describe pansexuality as 'being into the person not their parts', I think we could assume that's Toru based on how you think of her.
Apr 29, 2021 12:36 AM

Nov 2019
Assume her to be whatever you want... It doesn't really matter unless the anime/source points it out explicitly. Or you are either too much into yuri or hate it too much.
Rationally speaking, she's a dragon with a different realm of emotions, who'd have fallen for Kobayashi regardless of her gender. You can still say Tohru wouldn't deny she's a lesbian if that is required to validate her love.
I am more interested in a same-sex close relationship that isn't spurred by sexuality, so I choose "not lesbian". But I'll accept it if the author says so.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Apr 29, 2021 8:37 AM
Nov 2019
Tohru is a dragon-maid - I'm pretty sure sexual interaction with a human isn't going to happen.

In the first episode Tohru states she's taken the form of a maid because Kobyashi said she liked maids and she spotted one giving out leaflets on the way over to her flat. Good job she didn't say she liked Stormtroopers as I don't think the comedy would work as well....

She loves the person that saved her life and wants to be loved back. Nothing abnormal about that regardless of gender/fictional species.

May 30, 2021 9:06 AM
Jul 2020
Tohru kijelnti többször is hogy Kobayashit szereti ezen kívül ha Kobayashi fiú lenne úgy is szeretné. De így nincs egy olyan fiú se akit szeretne dehát leszbikus
May 30, 2021 9:11 AM

Feb 2021
I don’t have an opinion, but the fan art certainly does leave an impression 👀
May 30, 2021 9:40 AM

Dec 2018
CAND111 said:
Yuri-Crusader said:

Yes she is in love with a woman. But it doesn't mean she doesn't like men😂😂. She could be lesbian but you shouldn't say she is lesbian for being in love with a female when she could also like men.

She has never expressed those feeling towards a male. But she has over and over and expresses that she is in love with another female. If she does express those feeling towards a male in season two sure she is a bisexual. But until then I based my interpretation on what has happened, not on what might happen in the future

And If you have watched the new Mini Dragon. Tohru has again expressed strong romantic feelings towards Kobayashi

Now she is a cartoon character. And everything about her is bendable after the creators will. But until that has happened I say Tohru is a lesbian

Yuri-CrusaderMay 30, 2021 9:43 AM
Aug 15, 2021 7:40 PM
Aug 2014
Now that the second season is out- we all now know that she will take Kobayashi with a p or a v case closed
Oct 21, 2021 11:44 PM
Apr 2021
She’s either lesbian or bi or pan…
Men are also smelly and yucky so maybe she just is a lesbian c:
Oct 21, 2021 11:47 PM

Oct 2020
dont really care, she's hot and that's what matters

Oct 21, 2021 11:48 PM

Apr 2018
Did you ask Tohru if she was a lesbian? Also do you know the anatomy of dragons in this specific universe to even know how her sexuality works?
My taste is trash. So is yours.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2017

194 by DoodeDelydoo »»
May 6, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2017

245 by dspr »»
May 4, 2:28 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2017

189 by MoonlightVT »»
Apr 12, 10:54 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2017

315 by _untitled »»
Apr 7, 2:50 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2017

131 by _untitled »»
Apr 2, 2:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.