Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 19, 2019 1:12 PM
May 2019
This is such a shame! I wish this never happened to my favorite studio of all time. My heart goes out to everyone who was devastated by this tragedy.
Jul 19, 2019 1:51 PM

Jul 2016
Pray for KyoAni. Such good people don't deserve to be attacked like that. I hope they can safely recover.
Jul 19, 2019 1:52 PM
Feb 2019
Rip kyoto animation staff...
Jul 19, 2019 1:54 PM
Dec 2015
My heart dropped when I heard the death toll earlier. Who in their right mind would seek to hurt such amazing, talented folks? I just hope that the survivors are able to live on, even with the trauma of what happened yesterday. What a tragedy...
Jul 19, 2019 2:01 PM
Apr 2018
KyoAni was always my most favorite animation studio. I always loved their art style and I can see how much love and effort they put into their work. I am very sorrowful about this incident and disappointed in how some people can take the lives of others just like that. I hope the families and friends of the victims can recoup from this incident.
Jul 19, 2019 2:26 PM
Manga Moderator
Sleepy

Jul 2009
I really hope all the people connected to the victims and the victims themselves can find some kind of peace of mind eventually. I wasn't already feeling well this week and this news just made it so much worse. All these people did was provide quality anime for millions around the world and that's the ending they get. Horrible stuff, man. I was in shock yesterday and now I'm just plain disturbed thinking about it today.
Jul 19, 2019 2:41 PM

Oct 2015
Still struggling to comprehend all this. No one deserves such cruelty but it's especially painful when it's one of the studios that has helped me through so much and is very close to my heart... My sincerest condolences for all the victims and those affected by the tragedy. Hoping the injured will recover fully.

@AkaiKiri Police has yet to have found any political motive so it'd be incorrect to classify it as an act of terrorism.
Jul 19, 2019 2:56 PM

Nov 2007
I cried almost the entire day yesterday. The Hibike Final Novel which I have been looking forward to read is still on my desk and I haven't turned a single page.

KyoAni saved me with their anime for years and made me a better person IRL. It was my solace when I was earning so little that I would split my meals to halves so that I would be able to eat at least twice a day. KyoAni helped me recover from depression with their positivity. With their vivid colour, their stellar animation and stories that are very close to human emotions - profound emotions. And I think many share the same sentiment.

Even if you don't share this sentiment, you are still part of the anime community so spare some thoughts to the victims and at least don't bring up what you didn't like about the studio or their works. This is not the time for something like those.

The best course of action at this time would be to show your support whether you are a fan of KyoAni, a part of the diverse anime community or just a casual anime fan either financially or emotionally.

Financially you can support by clicking the image below (this is an official donation set up by Sentai):

Link: Help KyoAni Heal

Or you may visit KyoAni's official shop and order an item by clicking the image below:

Link: KyoAniShop

Those who are not in a position to help the victims and the studio financially, please do so by showing your emotional support. Use whatever hashtags you find appropriate to get people's attention through social media.

The most used hashtags right now are:
#PrayForKyoAni
#PrayForKyotoAnimation
#KyoAni
#HelpKyoAniHeal

But there are other ways to support no matter how small it may seem. For an example, by watching the video below and give it a 'like' in youtube.

You can also CONTRIBUTE IMMENSELY by subscribing to their official youtube channel here:

Link: KyoaniChannel

You can go through the videos posted in their channel and increase the viewers count. By clicking 'like'. it will also be automatically recommended by youtube to other user's recommendations. The number of subscribers have increased substantially in the past 24 hours (just surpassed 250K) and it's still growing.

This is our time to show support as the international anime community. You can become a part of the chain that will help the studio in these trying hours.

There is another faster and sure way to monetarily contribute to the studio by purchasing Free! and/or Hibike! Euphonium 3840×2160 Extra High Resolution Digital image(s) through downloading from links shared by Kyoto Animation through email upon purchase.

The images are 216 JPY each which is roughly USD 2.00 or CAD 2.60 or GBP 1.6 or or 1.8 Euro. It's less than a doughnut and a cup of coffee at the starbucks or the tims if one considers they can live without taking one in a fine morning. Wishing many beautiful mornings just for sparing one for KyoAni .

Simply go to:

https://kyoani.shop-pro.jp/

Scroll down, select the images you want to purchase (adding one at a time to the cart) and pay using credit card.

Follow the instructions shared below to make the purchases.

Walkthrough for https://kyoani.shop-pro.jp/

Thanks for going through it. I have already made purchases and it works (instantaneous).

Please share this idea or any other you may have. Thank you.

Note: Copied from the thread I created in MAL. Sharing here so MALers can contribute.

I would like to thank MAL for showing this amazing support. However, I would like to request the forum mods to go through the forums and remove hateful, disrespectful comments to show their support in #HelpKyoAniHeal.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 19, 2019 3:46 PM

Apr 2009
When it was reported in my country's newspaper, it didn't say which studio. I was shocked to find out via twitter that it was Kyoani. I admire the studio not only for its animation but also for its company philosophy.
My deepest sympathy for the victims and the families.
Jul 19, 2019 3:49 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Again, I'm so sorry that this happened. I hope all the victims and those close to them can heal. Incredibly sorry for the losses.
I want to do something more for them, but I also don't want my good intentioned actions to actually cause them more trouble. I want to maybe wait for more word from KyoAni themselves then make moves based on that. Until then, I'm so sorry and I'll continue to support those who need it from afar in spirit.

shanimebib's post above is helpful though. There are some things there that should be fine to do and not get in their way or add more to their workload in this hectic time.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jul 19, 2019 3:56 PM
Apr 2017
My deepest Condolences to the families of all those that were lost in this truly horrific act
Jul 19, 2019 4:03 PM

May 2015
Very sad episode... I hope that all the dead rest in peace and the survivors rise from the ashes like a phoenix. #PrayForKyoani

Jul 19, 2019 4:08 PM

Feb 2015
Tragedy, I've never heard of something like this in the anime industry, at least I helped as I could.
Jul 19, 2019 4:15 PM
Jul 2019
Words cannot express what happened yesterday #prayforkyoani
Jul 19, 2019 4:26 PM
Oct 2015
The only thing that reminds me of the pain of this tragedy is similar to robin williams death. I feel so sorry for each family and for the family of the studio in general.
Jul 19, 2019 5:04 PM

Oct 2017
Damn it why. Time to commit my tribute by finishing every Kyoto Animation anime I didn't watch or finish.
The only MAL users who should troll are those who are prepared to be trolled!

What do you do when there is a toxic user you cannot stop by any means? Will you plague your mind with toxicity to defeat toxicity or would you rather logout and give up even if the toxicity will never disappear?
Jul 19, 2019 5:19 PM

Oct 2015
Man... Im sad, i love KyoAni... I wish they recover from this, why do people gotta kill honest good working people... God Bless those workers and their families.
Jul 19, 2019 5:20 PM
Oct 2018
Any kyoani anime is 10/10 #prayforkyoani TT
Jul 19, 2019 5:20 PM
Sep 2017
I literally feel bad for this studio and the family of the victims who died there. Rest in peace to the victims of the studio fire. #PrayforKyoAni
Jul 19, 2019 5:36 PM

Nov 2018
#prayforkyoani
Jul 19, 2019 5:44 PM

Jul 2015
Words cannot describe how sad this is and how anger I feel.
My sincere condolences to the innocent victims family and friends that lost their loved ones in this abhorrent accident. And I wish the injuried ones a quick recover.
Let justice go to the criminal and he will pay for his crimes.

#PrayForKypani
#RIP
BloomingJASJul 19, 2019 5:47 PM

Jul 19, 2019 6:09 PM

Aug 2016
R.I.P to all of the staff in KyoAni. I wish the injured a speedy recovery.
They made so many wonderful masterpieces that changed me and my perspective on things entirely and helped me develop as a person. I hope they can fully recover and continue giving us great shows.

#PrayForKyoAni
Jul 19, 2019 6:09 PM
Apr 2016
absolutely horrific and senseless. I still cannot believe what happened. My condolences to the victims and their families.
Jul 19, 2019 6:25 PM
Dec 2017
Stay strong. We will never forget you and always love you.
Thanks for everything KyoAni.

#PrayForKyoAni
Jul 19, 2019 6:43 PM

Sep 2017
It really was a tragic accident... I could not believe it when I saw it.
I hope all is well and that they recover soon.

#PrayForKyoAni
Jul 19, 2019 6:46 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Saw the news about this, but I still can't believe it happened. Day after day, I just lose more faith in humanity.
What I can say? Sometimes I wish life was as simple as anime, and I could swoop in and fix everything. Alas, all I have is words:

"When do you think people die? When they are shot through the heart by the bullet of a pistol? No. When they are ravaged by an incurable disease? No... It’s when they're forgotten!" - Doctor Hiluluk.

And I, for one, won't forget the amazing work KyoAni has done throughout the years. Wishing for the best for everyone affected.

Jul 19, 2019 7:05 PM
Apr 2017
My sincere condolences to those who will never create anime again.
Pray for those survived and their recovery 😢
Jul 19, 2019 7:07 PM

May 2016
Horrible what happened at KyoAni studios, but heartwarming to see the support people have come out in droves to give.

KyoAni wasn't even a studio I thought much about until this summer as I hadn't seen many of their shows. But since then I've seen several of their works which I absolutely adore and I'm glad. I'm grateful for all the hard work and amazing shows they've given to the anime community.

I hope they will come back with a strong recovery and strong support from the community.

Jul 19, 2019 7:47 PM

May 2018
Again, rest in peace to the innocent victims.
Jul 19, 2019 8:02 PM
Sep 2016
RIP to the KyoAni staff who lost their lives. I hope the injured will somehow recover from this.
But irreparable damage has been done to this studio that brought joy to all of us. I'm sad, truly sad right now.

#PrayForKyoAni
Jul 19, 2019 8:07 PM

Apr 2018
#PrayForKyoAni

    I'm not lazy...
      I'm just very unproductive.

Jul 19, 2019 8:39 PM

Oct 2016
R.I.P to all those who lose their lives
Nothing but love for you guys <3
#PrayForKyoAni

Jul 19, 2019 9:50 PM
Jan 2019
It's a tragedy, my condolences to their families and staff, we will support them. Kyoto is an amazing studio.
Jul 19, 2019 9:50 PM
Aug 2017
RIP. I dont have anything else to say, this is just sad.
Jul 19, 2019 10:10 PM
May 2016
Fuck that arsonist, we lost a talented director and members of Kyoto Animation. Rest in peace.
Jul 19, 2019 10:10 PM
Dec 2017
#prayforKyotoAni
my deepest condolences for the victims in an shocking and unfortunate incident..
Sympathy for all the family members of the people involved.
Jul 19, 2019 10:32 PM
Apr 2017
I feel like crying.😭😭😭
Jul 19, 2019 11:09 PM

Oct 2013
One of the saddest days in anime, I hope for a really really great recovery for those affected!!!
Jul 19, 2019 11:14 PM

Feb 2018
It's devastating to learn what happened to KyoAni. I'll be wishing good vibes to all the victims, friends and Family members. ):
Jul 19, 2019 11:14 PM

Jan 2015
Very saddened by this, I still can't believe someone would do this. I hope the victims and families find peace.
Jul 19, 2019 11:16 PM

Feb 2016
this hurts so much to hear this
it's making me want to cry
their shows moved me in ways i never thought i could be moved
Clannad was one of the first shows I watched 3 years ago and I never thought I'd cry the way I did
Now that's all I seek, shows that make me cry like a fucking baby
*sheds a few for my dead brethen*
im the farthest thing from religious but i will pray for those who lost their lives

“The world is full of nice people. If you can't find one, be one.”
― Nishan Panwar
8=D ~ O:
Jul 19, 2019 11:49 PM

Sep 2014
My deepest condolences for the staff member's families. I pray for a speedy recovery of those who are injured. I truly appreciate all the sweet moments KyoAni has given us and their efforts will never be forgotten.
Jul 20, 2019 12:24 AM

Mar 2017
For the creators of "A Silent Voice", I hope you all have a speedy recovery and that the people who died know that their work will last for as long as anime fans exist to watch it. Thank you for all your hard work!!
"I'll take the guards."
Jul 20, 2019 1:37 AM
Oct 2016
I am deeply saddened for the loss of kyoto animation. This is one of the darkest day in anime history
Jul 20, 2019 1:37 AM

Jul 2015
RIP all those people who lost their families.

Also hoping for speedy recovery of the injured people.

Jul 20, 2019 1:39 AM

Aug 2012
Still having a hard time believing it. I think it would be great if many of us purchased digital art from the KyoAni Shop that @shanimebib detailed(https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1793100&show=100#msg57998725), and put the image in our signature, linking to the digital shop to help spread this in the forums and garner more support for KyoAni.
Jul 20, 2019 1:51 AM
Jul 2019
Condolences for KyoAni
I hope they recovered.
Jul 20, 2019 2:16 AM

Oct 2018
Rest in peace to all the lives lost at the hands of a monster.

Jul 20, 2019 2:25 AM
Jun 2019
Let’s hope Kyo can recover soon- this is truly a great tragedy
Jul 20, 2019 2:27 AM

Dec 2018
These are the people who made some of my most loved shows, it is hard to Imagine some one so heartless to do this, And i see Japanese News is still hiding the Guy's Name. i hope they do not show Mercy on this Monster and give him death penalty.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

223 by Kenrin »»
8 hours ago

» Moderators Wanted! Accepting applications for all positions

Kineta - Apr 26

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 26, 6:46 PM

» Try MAL's New Mobile Site! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xinil - Feb 15, 2015

423 by RED-clover12 »»
Apr 24, 10:19 AM

» Planned 5hr Maintenance, Thursday April 25 @ 1am-6am PT

Kineta - Apr 22

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 22, 8:10 PM

» New Site Update: Peak Anime 🗻 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

213 by Lancelot73 »»
Apr 21, 4:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.