Forum Settings
Forums

What anime needs the FMAB treatment and a quality remake?

New
Jul 10, 2019 12:21 PM

Feb 2019
For me, I honestly say SAO season 1. If Reki hadn't skipped so much with the original LN's, that would have been amazing. The way progressive has gone now... different world.
Jul 10, 2019 12:26 PM

Jun 2019
I've got the feeling this is going to be demanded with Game of Thrones, but that's not an anime.
Jul 10, 2019 12:27 PM
Jan 2018
He didn't skip anything. The aincrad part was written for a writing competition and only a certain characters where aloud it was never supposed to be anything else. Untill it gained popularity on a web novel site.

Jul 10, 2019 12:30 PM

Jan 2019
Soul Eater. The anime ending was underwhelming. But Idk if the manga ending was good cause I havent finished the manga, but it would probably be better than the anime ending.
"In the End, Only Kindness Matters" -Jewel
Jul 10, 2019 12:34 PM
Sep 2018
the title of the thread implies that FMA was a bad adaptation, which i disagree, I prefer Brotherhood but the 2003 adaptation was very competent too
Jul 10, 2019 12:37 PM

Oct 2013
Soul Eater and Akame ga Kill for starters. But I'd also love a remake or continuation of Blood Lad, Btooom, Deadman Wonderland,Gangsta, and Zombie-Lone.
Jul 10, 2019 12:39 PM

Jul 2013
Claymore is a solid contender. A full adaptation of the manga, with good visuals, battles full of sakuga and (above all) no CGI monsters would be a dream come true. Too bad it's never going to happen, since the manga is finished. Though, seeing what happened to its older brother Berserk...

I would also love a remake of Rosario + Vampire, this time adapting the full manga. It is not going to happen, of course, but a man is free to dream. That being said, considering there are the possibilities of the remake being adapted by JC Staff or that the studio would change the previous voice actors from the old anime, maybe the source is better sticking as a manga...
Jul 10, 2019 12:42 PM

Jun 2015
Soul Eater
CLAYMORE
Deadman Wonderland
TORIKOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Read Toriko!
Jul 10, 2019 12:53 PM

Feb 2019
Mattinator95 said:
He didn't skip anything. The aincrad part was written for a writing competition and only a certain characters where aloud it was never supposed to be anything else. Untill it gained popularity on a web novel site.

He skipped 70 floors. He skipped a lot.
Jul 10, 2019 12:54 PM

Feb 2019
proletarian said:
the title of the thread implies that FMA was a bad adaptation, which i disagree, I prefer Brotherhood but the 2003 adaptation was very competent too

No, it doesn't. It implies exactly what it says. FMAB was made because the FMA manga was not complete when FMA 03 was made. That is all.
Jul 10, 2019 1:01 PM

Aug 2016
My answer for this will always be Tsukihime. I need that Ufotable adaptation!!
Jul 10, 2019 1:07 PM

May 2012
........Claymore deserves remake
Jul 10, 2019 1:09 PM
Jan 2018
Superns18 said:
Mattinator95 said:

the 70 floors weren't supposed to be covered in the first place like I said before . It was for a writing competition with limited amount of words aloud.

Sure he could have done the 70 floors after winning the competition and releasing it on the web but he probably didn't see any point in it and just continued on. Not knowing that it would become a light novel which would have been too late

And there's no way he will get progressive to what ever floor they exited the game on
Jul 10, 2019 1:12 PM

Mar 2015
Fate (seiba) route. Get to work ufotable.
Jul 10, 2019 1:12 PM

Jun 2019
Berserk.

More like a continuation from where the series left off, but they could also remake episodes 1-25 to provide context and keep a consistent animation style for most of the modern audience's tastes. Ignore the last trash attempt. It's been 21 years.
Jul 10, 2019 1:15 PM

Jul 2014
GTO and Slam Dunk! I want a full adaptation!
Jul 10, 2019 3:10 PM

Dec 2012
3X3 Eyes
After War Gundam X
Ai Yori Aoshi
Battle Angel Alita
Blood Lad
Brynhildr in the Darkness
BTOOM!
Chrome Shelled Regios
Claymore
Dance in the Vampire Bund
Deadman Wonderland
Elfen Lied
Ga-Rei
GTO-Great Teacher Onizuka
Gunslinger Girl
The Heroic Legend of Arslan
His and Her Circumstances (Kare Kano)
Honey and Clover
Kamisama Dolls
Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple
The Legend of the Condor Hero (the existing one had some really awful animation)
Lord Marksman and Vanadis
Magi
Master Keaton
Mobile Suit Gundam: F91
Nura: Rise of the Yokai
REC
Red Data Girl
Sekirei
Spice & Wolf
Suzuka
Tenjho Tenge
Tokyo ESP
Tsukihime
Twelve Kingdoms
Tytania
Umineko no Naku Koroni
Unbreakable Machine-Doll
White Album 2
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Jul 10, 2019 3:17 PM

Jan 2016
The one I've wanted for ages is Soul Eater, since I personally love where the manga went and want to see that animated. We also need an actual Fate Stay/Night adaptation if for no other reason than because I think it would provide a good way for people who want to watch Fate/Zero after seeing all three Fate routes. (I know, not necessary to get into the franchise, but would be nice). And speaking of Fate, a Tsukihime readapatation would be good.
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
Jul 10, 2019 3:19 PM

Apr 2019
Gantz, the whole manga please adapted, that would be fucking amazing
You son of a .. turtle

May 2019
Air Gear
Cool concept of a show that could use a graphical update, especially with all of the amazing fight scene possibilities
Aug 2013
def Toriko, hopefully by UFOtable, their OVA showed us they have what it takes to do it and their latest works show us they also can have good quality
Imagination is a weapon. Those who don't use it die first.

Feb 2019
D-Gray man. I think it could be done better. Especially Hallow.
Jul 10, 2019 3:27 PM

Jan 2009
Slam Dunk, Soul Eater and Claymore needs remakes with the production quality like Hunter x Hunter 2011
Jul 10, 2019 3:46 PM
Jul 2019
I want to see Berserk with Vinland Saga quality.
Jul 10, 2019 4:00 PM

Feb 2019
Mattinator95 said:
Superns18 said:

the 70 floors weren't supposed to be covered in the first place like I said before . It was for a writing competition with limited amount of words aloud.

Sure he could have done the 70 floors after winning the competition and releasing it on the web but he probably didn't see any point in it and just continued on. Not knowing that it would become a light novel which would have been too late

And there's no way he will get progressive to what ever floor they exited the game on

He's going to get it that far. It's been confirmed that he will fill in all the missing blocks. It'll take decades, but that's his intent.
Jul 10, 2019 4:02 PM

Jul 2013
NotFred said:
Honestly, I think Hallow should had been a remake instead of a continuation. If the intention of Hallow was to attract new audiences to D. Gray Man, they should had done a new adaptation of the contents that the 2006 anime adapted without the fillers it had (+ new content that the first series didn't adapted) to catch the interest of people from the beginning instead of forcing them watch the old anime to understand all the story and then throw the audience to a very different D. Gray Man, with new voices, brigther colors and different character designs. But, well, seeing how poorly Hallow looked for the most part, is obvious the studio wasn't ready for the project, let alone for a remake that should had more than 20 episodes.

On another note (that is personally important to me), a remake could had made me accustom to the new voice actors that they picked for Hallow, especially for the ones who voiced characters who had little screentime, like Lavi and Krory, but sadly, it wasn't the case, thus they ended sounding very jarring and wrong compared to the previous version (Krory's casting was still weird from the beginning, though).
IllyricusJul 10, 2019 4:29 PM
Jul 10, 2019 4:06 PM

Jul 2019
Fate/Stay Night (2006). If it got remade by Ufotable, then it would be perfect. Since then they would have made all 3 routes and the prequel. It's so annoying that the main route of the main story, is the one you should skip because it's so bad.
Subarashii
Jul 10, 2019 4:13 PM

Feb 2019
Illyricus said:
NotFred said:
Honestly, I think Hallow should had been a remake instead of a continuation. If the intention of Hallow was to attract new audiences to D. Gray Man, they should had done a new adaptation of the contents that the 2006 anime adapted without the fillers it had to catch the interest of people from the beginning instead of forcing them watch the old anime to understand all the story and then throw the audience to a very different D. Gray Man, with new voices, brither colors and different character designs. But, well, seeing how poorly Hallow looked for the most part, is obvious the studio wasn't ready for the project, let alone for a remake that should had more than 20 episodes.

On another note (that is personally important to me), a remake could had made me accustom to the new voice actors that they picked for Hallow, especially for the ones who voiced characters who had little screentime, like Lavi and Krory, but sadly, it wasn't the case, thus they ended sounding very jarring and wrong compared to the previous version (Krory's casting was still weird from the beginning, though).

Yeah. A remake would have done Manga justice. Hallow felt rushed and casting was questionable. Sadly, we won't see a remake. I doubt studios would pick up amanga that is almost abondend. Unless they pull HXH.
Jul 10, 2019 4:15 PM

Nov 2016
Umineko No Naku Koro Ni. While I personally enjoyed the anime, it was of course a very bad adaption of the novel which wasn't even finished at the time. I'd love for them to adapt it again, properly this time.
Don't question my antics.
Jul 10, 2019 4:24 PM

Jul 2019
Agent_of_Maine said:
Umineko No Naku Koro Ni. While I personally enjoyed the anime, it was of course a very bad adaption of the novel which wasn't even finished at the time. I'd love for them to adapt it again, properly this time.

YES!

God, can't believe I forgot that. Umineko is my favorite visual novel of all time. In fact, I like it more than stuff like Steins Gate and Higurashi. It's such an amazing VN, but they completely botched the adaptation.
Subarashii
Jul 10, 2019 4:26 PM

Jul 2013
NotFred said:
Illyricus said:
Honestly, I think Hallow should had been a remake instead of a continuation. If the intention of Hallow was to attract new audiences to D. Gray Man, they should had done a new adaptation of the contents that the 2006 anime adapted without the fillers it had to catch the interest of people from the beginning instead of forcing them watch the old anime to understand all the story and then throw the audience to a very different D. Gray Man, with new voices, brither colors and different character designs. But, well, seeing how poorly Hallow looked for the most part, is obvious the studio wasn't ready for the project, let alone for a remake that should had more than 20 episodes.

Yeah. A remake would have done Manga justice. Hallow felt rushed and casting was questionable. Sadly, we won't see a remake. I doubt studios would pick up amanga that is almost abondend. Unless they pull HXH.
Unfortunately, I don't think we will see a new D. Gray Man animated project in a long time. At the pace the manga is published and after the Hallow fiasco (things apparently turned out so bad that the Blu-rays got canceled), I doubt we will have another anime. Hallow's existence in itself was already a miracle.
I will pray for the manga to end in a satisfying note and be alive to see it instead.

More topics from this board

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Today

17 by LeonhartAugust »»
2 minutes ago

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

72 by MadanielFL »»
8 minutes ago

» have you guys watched texhnolyze?

brainburger - Apr 21

40 by Kruszer »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

62 by AzafuseKingTora »»
11 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others? ( 1 2 )

WatchTillTandava - Today

52 by Lucifrost »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.