Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fire Force
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 5, 2019 10:06 PM

Mar 2010
Not hooked on the story yet but am interested to give it another episode
Jul 5, 2019 10:07 PM

Dec 2016
Gahhhdamn this looks good!!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jul 5, 2019 10:39 PM
May 2019
Am I the only one who thinks Shinra looks like a fusion between Rin Okumura from Blue Exorcist and Sasuke Tsubaki from SKET Dance?
Jul 5, 2019 10:47 PM
May 2018
Does Yutaka Nakamura work on this anime ?

Animation Style looks familiar to me
https://youtu.be/hMoUkRh3ohM
Jul 5, 2019 10:48 PM
Oct 2017
Everything in this chapter was perfect.
The opening and ending are fantastic, the animation is very fluid and pleasant to see and the colour palette is neither too childish nor too dark, it is at the right point; the development of the story is more than well, they encompassed what is just and necessary for it to be understood.
I am extremely satisfied with this episode and I dare say that perhaps it is one of the best animes we will see this season, or at least the most decent.
Jul 5, 2019 10:55 PM
Mar 2017
This anime exceeded all my expectations, an animation of quality and a style that captured me immediately, a spectacular opening that I think I've already heard about five times (actually I lost the account).
The premise of this anime seemed very interesting, spontaneous combustion as a global evil that finally ends up transforming people into Infernals, a burning zombie and firefighters are practically an exorcising force who confront these beings.
I must admit that the first few minutes were great, the design of the infernal is very well done and the fight against this had a great dynamic, each member has a key role in the fight including the nun, but the part in which Shinra saves Iris was amazing.
The episode practically left everything well contextualized. Shinra and his tragic past that caused him to be a fire soldier, but still there are things that remain mysterious. His brigade companions, the ones who stood out the most in me were the girls, Maki is so hot ... she has a nice figure and it seems that she is very feminine and innocent, that girl talk in the bath was so adorable, the same with Iris who seems to be more serious and composed than Maki.
Obi was another character that I like a lot, he seems to be a good guy and I hope he is a support in the development of Shinra.
Hinawa is the serious man of the group and the one who keeps everything in order and apparently seems to be someone very strict and severe, he has me intrigued by what his power of pyrokinesis will be?

Shinra's past was difficult to bear, to see that he had to bear the guilt of the death of his mother and younger brother and the worst thing is that he was not responsible for their death, added to his condition of smiling every time he gets tense.
The second fight with the female infernal was as good as the first fight, Shinra has a lot of potential with his fire techniques, I really liked Maki's pyrokinesis and I want to see what another role she has in the group.

I still can not believe that the Shinra VA is the one that made the voice of Asta, he has improved a lot in his work, the same with the VA of Maki, I just found out that this is her first character, I hope she achieves a excellent work, although I already liked what she achieved with Maki.
The ED turned out to be very good, it had to be if the OP is phenomenal, the visuals caught my attention, it seems to be centered on Iris and her past in the convent, I wonder if they will inquired about her past in a future episode?

Anyway, the episode was something unexpected, I really did not think I would like it so much, I did not read soul eater and less saw the anime, but I read some chapters of this manga, although for lack of time, I have not read it again, I want to see the other characters, especially the neko girl with ears and tail of fire.

"Generic" has become such a misused word, every time I read a comment with this word it just makes me laugh.
Jul 5, 2019 11:02 PM

Dec 2007
YorukaWaifu said:
Really good animation but nothing more.

That this and Dr Stone has more score than Kanata no Astra makes me lose faith in humanity. I guess it's impossible to get a good score nowadays in MAL if the anime is not a generic battle shounen.

Dr Stone was pretty unenoyable for me. That said both this and Kanata no Astra are the two I'm most hyped for having just watched the first episodes (not counting sequals). Though I don't really care about scores as I feel it's pointless scoring anything after watching just one episode makes no sense at all.

Jul 6, 2019 12:15 AM

Dec 2014
The concept is unique I guess. Not sure how the story will progress, i hope it's not generic.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 6, 2019 12:18 AM
Feb 2017
Idk, I felt this episode was ok. The animation is slick, of course, but I'm definitely not sold on the story or characters yet. Maybe it's because I went from watching Dr. Stone to this, because Dr. Stone got me hyped asf and this just didn't give me the same hype. I'll just have to see in the next few episodes.
Jul 6, 2019 12:24 AM

Mar 2018
This animation my god. I can't get enough of it.
Jul 6, 2019 12:45 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Wow the peace of a train journey sure was shattered quite abruptly. Hmm pairing prayers with special gear sure was a interesting combo. The OP and the visuals were pretty impressive. The units main base sure is rather interesting in its layouts. Shinra's facial expressions and his manifested abilities sure ended up making his childhood harsh. But to think that this was only the precursor to what happened next to his family. The Op to deal with the factory owners wife though sure was impressive both in showing the kind of tactics that the team uses and in Shinra's determination to overcome his past. Though i have to say Shinra's crooked smile really is unnerving at times. Overall a strong first ep that did an excellent job in both introducing the team and the setting. Animation quality was also surprisingly fluid and the scenes were quite powerful in impact as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 6, 2019 1:19 AM

Apr 2018
sakuga, sakuga everywhere... 5/5

Jul 6, 2019 1:29 AM

Sep 2012
Boring and generic but also sakuga.
Jul 6, 2019 1:39 AM

Dec 2017
Literally unwatchable without getting distracted, keep replaying some scenes over and over again thanks to how good the production value is.

I take back my word from Nichihoes discussion, this one got the OP of the season.

Also strong contender for AotS besides Dr. Stone and probably Vinland Saga.

Those abs on Maki though, hot damn
Jul 6, 2019 2:07 AM

Apr 2012
NIce 1st episode.

Ite Tabemasu!

FluxjeJul 6, 2019 2:14 AM
Jul 6, 2019 2:22 AM
Dec 2017
MattUzumaki said:
Látom??? Why the hell are they speaking hungarian?

That was my question as well but get no answer, whether is it from hungarian or this word exists in other languages with other meaning. :)
Jul 6, 2019 2:44 AM

Mar 2014
1MnC said:
Am I the only one who thinks Shinra looks like a fusion between Rin Okumura from Blue Exorcist and Sasuke Tsubaki from SKET Dance?

Nop I was thinking of Black Exorist when I saw Shinra but I also so a bit of Staz from Blood Lad
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Jul 6, 2019 2:55 AM
Feb 2016
Aoi yuuki, nakai kazuya, miyano mamorou? I’m sold!
Jul 6, 2019 3:00 AM
Aug 2016
Just some thoughts:
- I really liked the visuals and color direction
- I hate the low-quality bass every-time there is an explosion and could certainly improve on it. Most of the sound effects remind me of JoJo (no hate).
- I felt like having no music for most of the episode made the world seem empty, and barely showing any people in the backgrounds supported that feeling (except the last scene)
- I think they played the same action music like 3-4 times, and could have revealed more of their soundtracks. I was hoping for something along the lines of soul-eater, cause that shit was cool.
- Even if It doesn’t follow the manga, They should have showed Shinra’s backstory first, then move onto his fight at the end. Similar to how Naruto or My Hero Academia sets up their main characters before their first fight.

Overall, I feel like the audio a bit lacking and not memorable. Anime like Naruto or My Hero certainly brought their world to life with their soundtracks in the first episode. They also had much more background characters as well to show that the world wasn't empty. Good music is what really immerses me into an anime, so I hope they reveal some good soundtracks later.
Jul 6, 2019 3:21 AM

Feb 2017
Well, it certainly looks phenomenal. Tho story and characters don't seem interesting at all. It looks like it will be quite generic.
Jul 6, 2019 4:04 AM

Jul 2016
Oh god, WHY, WHY, WHY???

I'm so sorry. This was the show I was most exited for this season, because it's by the same guy who made Soul Eater, a show I fucking love and (in fairness) the setting, the characters and the story are all cool. I like all of them, but a lot of the stuff that comes with adaptation was unbearable to me.
Certain shots seem like they hold for just a second too long, one scene gets cut off mid-sentence. there's weird pauses between sentences (I was watching the dub) and some of the voice actors sound really bad, especially in the flashback sequences. Also, the over-compressed explosion sound effects. I don't know what the difference is, but I liked it when Planet With did it, but it sounds so bad here.

I really wanted to like this. I thought the trailer looked awesome, Soul Eater is awesome, the actual sakuga animation bits look awesome (when they're directed well). I figured this would be the big thing this season, contending with Dr Stone, but oh my god. I hate this so much.
Jul 6, 2019 4:17 AM

Aug 2013
pleasantly surprised by this one...gonna stick with it
Don't believe the hype.
Jul 6, 2019 4:23 AM

Sep 2018
The best 2 things so far are definitely animation and the Protagonist, i just love those Charatcers that got traumatised in their early years, it just reminds me of my own.
The rest seems pretty generic, similar to 90% of all shows this year.
Jul 6, 2019 5:11 AM

Jan 2017
One of my favorite episode 1's I've seen so far this season. It seems like a standard shounen setup so i'll have to wait to see how thing develop. The art and animation definitely grabbed my attention for sure though. I'm looking forward to next week!
Jul 6, 2019 5:21 AM
Aug 2018
It has potential.
Jul 6, 2019 5:36 AM
Jun 2015
KANLen09 said:
_MushiRock11_ said:
https://twitter.com/fireforce_pr/status/1147199586835947520?s=21

Great to see this, even more hyped for the Episode now!
Ex-Shaft Animators + that Delightful Op + Astounding Popularity right off the bat, way to go and here’s to hoping it’ll manage to keep up this momentum!

It's as everyone says: WHAT A VISUAL SPECTACLE. The strong Shounen feels brought back the MHA vibe.
Even to the MC Shinra himself: "I want to be a hero." Deku wannabe perhaps? AND...Maki "Ochako"?

Great setting to begin with, as expected from the PVs. Went beyond and more.

Instead of a "Quirkless" power like Deku, Shinra himself as the power of Bakugo, the Devil's Footprints. Fighting fire with fire.

Amazing pilot episode. Even better is the a2-cour setting.

how is Shinra a Deku wannabe when in my opinion Shinra's motivation is much more intriguing and riveting as a unknown entity killed his mom and little brother and due to his powers as a third generation fire soldier he was blamed for their deaths and throughout his childhood he was abhorred and so he wants to avenge them and regain his dignity. Now compare that too Deji's generic altruistic ambition to become the number 1 hero to save people.
Jul 6, 2019 6:00 AM

Jul 2017
Archer123 said:
KANLen09 said:

It's as everyone says: WHAT A VISUAL SPECTACLE. The strong Shounen feels brought back the MHA vibe.
Even to the MC Shinra himself: "I want to be a hero." Deku wannabe perhaps? AND...Maki "Ochako"?

Great setting to begin with, as expected from the PVs. Went beyond and more.

Instead of a "Quirkless" power like Deku, Shinra himself as the power of Bakugo, the Devil's Footprints. Fighting fire with fire.

Amazing pilot episode. Even better is the a2-cour setting.

how is Shinra a Deku wannabe when in my opinion Shinra's motivation is much more intriguing and riveting as a unknown entity killed his mom and little brother and due to his powers as a third generation fire soldier he was blamed for their deaths and throughout his childhood he was abhorred and so he wants to avenge them and regain his dignity. Now compare that too Deji's generic altruistic ambition to become the number 1 hero to save people.

It's just a reference, don't get too riled up about it. Just stating the characteristics, that's all.
Jul 6, 2019 6:49 AM

Nov 2015
Almost feels like Roy Mustang's fanfic.

For real though good first episode.
Jul 6, 2019 6:58 AM

Jan 2018
Mullerio said:

The rest seems pretty generic, similar to 90% of all shows this year.

Pretty sure this is the only show about firefighters this year but yeah sure 90%...
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
Jul 6, 2019 7:15 AM

Dec 2010
No lie, after I saw ep 1, I had a nightmare about spontaneous human combustion. Scary af.

Anyways interesting opening episode. Some parts made me eye-roll and the MC had a pretty generically tragic background, but I thought the overall execution was very polished and well-done. Will keep watching for now.
Jul 6, 2019 7:20 AM
Oct 2013
The episode was really good. I really like the concept and art style. There's a lot of potential for great fight scenes in the future and hopefully the story will have some nice twists and turns as it unfolds.
Jul 6, 2019 7:24 AM
Jan 2019
All the people in this discussion typing 'GEnEriC' just to go aboard the troll haters train. Yet they think they are some great critics because they use the same word (without the true meaning of it, mind you) over and over again.
Jul 6, 2019 7:30 AM

Sep 2016
That was some amazing visuals. I'm also digging the character designs, they look cool as heck plus there's a sister as well? Well, SIGN me up baybee! Can't wait for more.
Jul 6, 2019 8:10 AM

Apr 2019
im not sure about the plot of this one but the animation definitely looked fantastic
You son of a .. turtle

Jul 6, 2019 8:52 AM
Feb 2009
really good animation for the first episode
Jul 6, 2019 9:03 AM

Nov 2015
SethBigBoss said:

Pretty sure this is the only show about firefighters this year but yeah sure 90%...

It’s not. There’s Promare this year.

https://www.monstersandcritics.com/anime/promare-review-fire-force-comparison-trigger-new-movie-gurren-lagann/
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Jul 6, 2019 9:10 AM

Nov 2016
This was... GUREITO DAZE.

Sorry. Since the show is made by David Pro, I felt like I had to squeeze a jojo reference in there somehow. And what a Show.

The Animation was Amazing. This will totally be the Sakuga fest of the season. The plot was a bit genereci but still enjoyable.

I think this is one fo those where I'll have to wait more. At least I'll continue watching it for the Sakuga.
Jul 6, 2019 9:26 AM

Apr 2015
Loved the first episode so much!! The animation is so fluid and vibrant, Shinra is likeable too imo. All the characters look nice and the whole infernal concept is nice too, OP and ED are straight fire!!! Cant wait for more!
Jul 6, 2019 9:29 AM
Mar 2015
Nice backstory on his motivation Creepy ending for the sister
Jul 6, 2019 9:38 AM

May 2015
That was so boring!

Wow, I really kinda looked forward to it but I'm disappointed.
Maybe I'm just too old for this shit but really, that's just typical shounen with typical sappy backstory and typical hero motivation with not at all funny humour, what's all the hype about? It looks nice visually but ultimately so generic. I'll give it a couple more episodes, but meh.

Jul 6, 2019 9:50 AM
Jul 2014
gadboyz said:
As expected they adapted chapter 0 and 1, there are some panel that be skipped (like before infernal scene on train Shinra scare a woman with his smile) but can't blame it because for pilot episode they must reach Shinra's backstory.

Animation overall is really great, i also like some detail like there is a rainbow on the water from hydrant. Sasuga David Production and former Shaft studio staff who are the core production staff of Fire Force.

I quote this, but asking to someone that appears to have read the manga... do you think the backstory was explained decently or it was done like this to rush the introduction? Because I didn't like at all how they did it.

Like, the entire fight scene gets costantly broken into segments by the same images of Shinra thinking about Mrs. Dead Mom and people shitting on him. It works in a manga because they are just panels showing his thoughts, but in anime this seriously break immersion for the scene. All of it, while the action isn't bad, but the camera really was quirky in the cuts and it was hard to follow the movements. Still very good to see, but kinda strange.

Said so, as someone who doesn't know the manga, the introduction to the setting and the characters maybe was a bit fast but it worked for me.
The visuals were very good and the music did its trick.

I will definitely keep watching, but I hope they won't keep rushing and breaking fight scenes.

P.S. Just seen that there is a general feeling that it was clunky to force that much of the backstory in a single episode, love seeing that I am not the only one thinking it. I just hope that since they did so, the next episode may have a costantly good pacing.
HyperversumJul 6, 2019 9:56 AM
Jul 6, 2019 10:13 AM

Aug 2018
Ayy lmao : as usual, I never read synopsis or watch previews (the only exceptions are when this is related to a sequel). So I casually expected an anime about firefighters, the main point would be following their daily lives, learning more about their activities.

You can guess how surprised I became during the first minutes... though even if it totally broke my expectations, that looked promising. I even think I'd appreciated this first episode more than if I had read the synopsis or watched anything related.
Jul 6, 2019 10:20 AM

Dec 2016
wow! this show is soo good. the animation is so fluid and the sound design is also really good.
that OP too tho, great visuals plus a good song.
also is Maki the new best girl?
(glad that this is a 48 episodes long)
Jul 6, 2019 10:20 AM

Dec 2016
Wow! this show is soo good, the animation is so fluid and the sound design is also really good.
That OP too tho, great visuals plus a good song.
Also is Maki gonna be the new best girl of this season?
(Glad that this is gonna be 48 episodes long)
Jul 6, 2019 10:32 AM

May 2009
First time I actually read part of the manga before watching the anime. That said almost everything I read was put in this episode, lols.

Tbh the pacing is way too fast. Characters didnt get a proper introduction and basically Shinra's past has been revealed right away whereas in the manga it was more of an interesting "mystery" factor. Obviously its hard for an anime to be the same as the manga, but they couldve done a bit more to make it feel less rushed in my opinion. Right now the characters are very flat whereas in the manga I already had a feeling they were properly introduced.

Anyhow I am watching this nonetheless. Its a good series.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Jul 6, 2019 10:35 AM

Feb 2018
Oh boy, really excited. It was a really good, first episode. Animation is great and I can't wait to see more story (I didn't read source material bot its a must for sure)

btw. Maki took my heart.
Jul 6, 2019 10:38 AM

Jan 2011
also the music is really good the production value for this looks off the charts ,visual style for that depressing ed is great wonder who worked on it
Jul 6, 2019 10:48 AM
Oct 2007
Looking freaking amazing already! !
Jul 6, 2019 10:56 AM
Nov 2016
Jawdropping animation for my peace saturday morning, thanks david production for the awesome summer series
You make my day
Jul 6, 2019 10:58 AM

Jul 2015
The OP and ED are really good.

Also the animation is fine too,the story is normal like other shounen,feels a mix of Black Clover and BNHA(i have read the manga a bit)

They adapted more or less faithfully

Overall, good episode.

Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2019

198 by Jamk_ »»
May 10, 12:23 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2019

199 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 7, 3:32 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2019

64 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 7, 3:11 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2019

120 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 7, 2:45 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2019

121 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 7, 2:22 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.