Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 7, 2019 10:16 AM
Sep 2016
Hello everybody,
So I'm not gonna say something really new. It's about mangas like Yona of the dawn (Akatsuki no Yona) and the heroic legend of Arslan (Arslan senki) and various other mangas. One chapter is being aired every month, It's really terrible. Is there nothing we can do about it? Some mangas have even stopped, for years now. This is serious. I've been reading mangas for a while, It really bothers me to reach the last chapter and then wait for the next one for a whole month and sometimes for over a year!! There are boring mangas that are been airing normally while such crazy fantastic mangas are suffering. Are we really helpless? Please answer me even if I sound silly or stupid.
Jun 7, 2019 10:22 AM
Mar 2018
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?board=2

This is where you should actually post this post
Jun 7, 2019 10:24 AM

Jul 2012
It's probably determined by the magazine publisher, and yes some of them are monthly. In arslan senki's case you could swap over to the light novels since that's the main source material, but the manga does publish in a monthly magazine so that's on schedule. In Akatsuki no Yona's case it's a semi-monthly manga magazine, meaning it publishes every half a month so they've probably worked out an agreement to only release it every other issue (since obviously some authors probably wouldn't want to stick to a 2 week deadline).

In short there's nothing you or anyone could do about it unless you plan to restructure entire publishers and force faster deadlines on authors (probably resulting in lower quality works and longer breaks due to inevitable illnesses from overworking).
GamerDLMJun 7, 2019 10:30 AM
Jun 7, 2019 10:28 AM

Aug 2018
It's called schedule and hiatus.

Some mangas are weekly, others biweekly and others are monthly.
Its just the way things are.

Hiatus are something else. But they usually surround the mangaka's sickness.
I never lie on the internet. What's the point of it...
the chinese noodles ad is an anime and avatar isn't!
triggered

Check out my taste and my profile.
Jun 7, 2019 10:37 AM

Apr 2013
Yeah it is kinda stupid lol
Different authors have different paces, if you don't want to wait, read finished manga, not like there isn't plenty amazing ones to choose from
Jun 7, 2019 10:39 AM

Jan 2009
mangakas are prone to illness due to overly long hours of work they do but i wish rich mangakas like Togashi just hire a drawing artist so that he can just focus on story telling part alone, Kishimoto is doing this strategy right now with his new manga Samurai 8
Jun 7, 2019 10:41 AM

Jan 2016
Just read finished manga, i've learned my lesson with Berserk and Bastard.
Jun 7, 2019 11:07 AM

Nov 2016
What are we supposed to do when the mangaka has a fixed schedule that doesn't allow him/her to pump out morešŸ˜‚ Not to mention how hard many of them already work. Or even worse, if the creator isn't able to continue his work due a complicated family situation, illness or for some other reasons.

It can be frustrating, but at the end of the day they are also humans, not machines and we should respect that.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 7, 2019 11:46 AM

Oct 2017
Post on the manga board. Also Arslan Senki is a monthly manga to my knowledge (same magazine as AOT) that is the schedule date for those titles. They get more pages per chapter but less in total compared to weekly. Mangaka are already worked to death so I think it's just best to let them take their time to put out as much as they can. Also monthly manga can usually go for higher quality art due to the time just look at Vinland Saga for instance.
Jun 7, 2019 11:59 AM

Dec 2012
It's super frustrating I agree, and one of the reasons I hate reading ongoing manga, especially since it seems to happen to all the really good ones. I try to read completed things and wait for the ongoing ones to end.

What's even worse is when the manga or novel series HAS completed but nobody has translated it into your language.
KruszerJun 7, 2019 12:03 PM
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Jun 7, 2019 12:01 PM

Jul 2017
cries in Horimiya

To add on to what other's said, keep in mind that sometimes it's more of the scanlators who release them later rather than the actual publishers (unless you're reading them raw)
Jun 7, 2019 12:02 PM

Feb 2013
just read/watch older finished stuff...

following weekly/monthly manga is not for the faint of heart
Jun 7, 2019 5:22 PM
Mar 2016
Short_Circut said:
cries in Horimiya

To add on to what other's said, keep in mind that sometimes it's more of the scanlators who release them later rather than the actual publishers (unless you're reading them raw)

*when you wait over a month for an 8-page chapter about the side characters*
Jun 7, 2019 5:26 PM
Mar 2016
I only read mangas that are very far in or are completed. It's not worth it keeping up with mangas that take 8years to finish. I'm having the same trouble with Akatsuki no Yona. I recently caught up, but I'ma have to wait at least half a year for actual progress in the storyline.
Jun 8, 2019 9:54 AM
Jul 2018
Don't be greedy! 30+ volume manga contain so much story content that I don't mind reading half of it. Sometimes I lose interest and stop reading alltogether like with Haikyu.

I had dropped Initial D, Gantz and Tenjou Tenge at half because I had caught up with translations and had to wait for weekly chapters but it was not worth it.

Now that they are finished I'll continue, though I think those manga were better in the first half when they were adapted to anime.
Jun 8, 2019 2:42 PM

Sep 2018
It's the authors(or publishers) choice of whether they want to release weekly, monthly, or yearly. There is absolutely nothing you can do about it.
Jun 8, 2019 2:48 PM

May 2018
Yes, you sound silly :D
Wait for manga you liked, drop the manga you disliked. If you are bothered by this, try to read manga which is already finished

Jun 8, 2019 2:57 PM

Jun 2015
That's why I wait for everything but the Holy Trinity (One Piece, Boku no Hero, Beastars) to finish before starting to read.

But yeah, I even gave up on being caught up with JoJo. A week is managable, but a whole month (at minimum) is bonkers.
But hey you get more pages and higher quality art at least

More topics from this board

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - 2 hours ago

18 by TeBaTe »»
59 seconds ago

» Do you have any favorite opening or ending animations?

RobertBobert - 28 minutes ago

4 by Vendicator »»
3 minutes ago

» Cutest Shoujo Main Protagonist

lucaspatrick - Jan 8

49 by 707supremacist »»
4 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others?

WatchTillTandava - 5 hours ago

26 by WatchTillTandava »»
11 minutes ago

» Advertise your favorite anime

Tannenbusch - 8 hours ago

6 by tchitchouan »»
14 minutes ago
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.