Forum Settings
Forums
#1
May 20, 2019 4:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 731
Okay maybe a 2 or 3 chapter for more back story of the other side characters. But that chapter 136 would be a perfect ending for this manga.

If they decided to continue a story, then do a book 2 perhaps?

I think the remaining chapters are nothing special unlike the early chapters (especially the first 30 something). Its good, but its too generic and cheesy. And since I don't have all the time in this world, I think I need to on hold it.

Its been a fun ride. But I think I'll put this manga on hold and wait for maybe a year or two. That way, I have many chapters available to read. hehe

(please pardon my poor english)
 
#2
May 20, 2019 6:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 339
There's still a lot of things to be explained, like how they met, and definitely need to flesh out the side characters' backstories. Aside from that though, the series is about the confession which hasn't been done yet. It doesn't feel like dragging out at the moment, on the contrary it gets more and more intense as the chapters pass by for me.

The mind games were awesome, but they would get repetitive after a while and the development was very slow per chapter.
 
#3
May 20, 2019 9:07 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 48
I disagree. The recent chapters have only been fully exploring Kaguya and Miyuki more than they ever have been. There's a lot left to show for these characters, and 136 was not a "perfect ending" but just opening the doors for more possibilities.

Even if people aren't a fan of Ice Kaguya, it's only been around 10 chapters or a bit more since 136. It's far too early to try and make the claim the series has gone downhill just because it's had a controversial arc. And imo the writing has still been good for this arc. It's just people who like Kaguya have a hard time with Ice Kaguya (understandable so and me too to an extent), and Miyuki taking abuse from her.

But then the most recent chapters really paints both Miyuki and Kaguya in another light so I think the payoff is going to be worth it.
 
#4
May 20, 2019 11:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 5451
I agree with you....
 
#5
May 20, 2019 2:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 5161
Chapter 136 was phenomenal, but I feel like things are being set up for something even more special. Kaguya and Miyuki still have significant hurdles to cross in order for their romance to truly flourish.
My Queens

 
#6
May 20, 2019 7:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 32367
Nah, it was amazing but theres so much more to do with these characters and this relationship in particular.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

 
#7
May 20, 2019 8:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 8791
Nope. Not at all.

Although I didn't enjoy the Ice Kaguya arc in the beginning, it settled with me and now I think the result could be incredibly satisfying, probably much more than chapter 136.

JizzyHitler said:
Nah, it was amazing but theres so much more to do with these characters and this relationship in particular.


The latest couple of chapter (148/149) has already done an amazing groundwork for something special in the upcoming chapters. So, I have to agree with you.

It is time for Kaguya to shine and save Miyuki – the one who shone for others (Kaguya, Ishigami and Iino) in the past.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
 
#8
May 20, 2019 10:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 188
Every fucking romcon/sitcon/whateverthefuckcon ends like that or in a worst way. Thank God this one didn't end like that.
I don't agree with you, still there's a lot of open storylines to end and the character development in this current arc is absolutely crazy.
 
#9
May 21, 2019 1:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 731
Ligkonakos said:
The mind games were awesome, but they would get repetitive after a while and the development was very slow per chapter.


That's my main issue. It get too repetitive. Infact, Kaguya and Miyuki is my dead last best character in the series. My ranking is in this order: Chika > Hayasaka > Ishigami > Miyuki > Kaguya. To be honest, I even like Chika more for Miyuki than Kaguya.

Since they are the main characters, romance should be focus on them. Now that the kiss happened, it should be done. She french kiss him I mean, is it really hard to say I love you after that? It should go like this: They kiss, they date, the end. Chapter 136 is beautiful. Its should be the perfect ending for them. And since its not the ending, I wonder what will be the perfect ending of the author for this series.

Btw, ofcourse the story can continue. But Miyuki x Kaguya should be over. Focus on the other characters romance like Nande Koko ni Sensei ga or Amagami SS. Maybe its Chika's time to meet his prince? Or Hayasaka? Or even Ishigami love for that girl (fuck me I forgot her name).

To everyone, Don't get me wrong, I love this series. And thank you everyone for sharing their thoughts. My bottomline is: Miyuki x Kaguya is getting boring. Before the Chapter 136, everytime I see a Hayasaka or Chika episode with Miyuki, I smile with relief.
 
May 21, 2019 2:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 6
Gazz said:

Btw, ofcourse the story can continue. But Miyuki x Kaguya should be over. Focus on the other characters romance like Nande Koko ni Sensei ga or Amagami SS. Maybe its Chika's time to meet his prince? Or Hayasaka? Or even Ishigami love for that girl (fuck me I forgot her name).


How can it continue ?, don't forget the title of this series
 
May 21, 2019 7:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 201
Gazz said:

Since they are the main characters, romance should be focus on them. Now that the kiss happened, it should be done. She french kiss him I mean, is it really hard to say I love you after that? It should go like this: They kiss, they date, the end. Chapter 136 is beautiful. Its should be the perfect ending for them. And since its not the ending, I wonder what will be the perfect ending of the author for this series.

you mean teenagers saying I love you after the first kiss? yeah, right, of course. before is one thing, but after? haha just nope, there has to have unnecessary drama, much like real life.
And are you really ok with "then, they lived happily ever after" in romance? because I'm barely able to withstand those...

Anyway, if you really want and can do it, do put this on hold. This series is way too much fun to marathon. I hope you will be back to it and enjoy what (ending) it has to offer. Have a nice life out there.
 
May 21, 2019 6:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 10926
Sasuga people missing the point of the series after the author already came out and said his intent
Lostbelt 1 is Beastars.
Lostbelt 2 is Neverland/AOT.
Lostbelt 3 is Psycho Pass.
Lostbelt 4 is Dragon ball Super.
Lostbelt 5 is One piece/JoJo.
 
May 21, 2019 6:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 779
It would have been a shit ending. Every manga that ignores its flaws and tries to end everything with the couples together is just bad.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
 
May 21, 2019 6:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 32367
Mezo-RPWPA said:
It would have been a shit ending. Every manga that ignores its flaws and tries to end everything with the couples together is just bad.
Especially with the elephant in the room that both these people are mega psychologically damaged and that won't be solved just by them getting together, hence the current arc delving really heavily in how they are very flawed people and how they need to tackle it head on.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

 
May 21, 2019 6:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 779
JizzyHitler said:
Mezo-RPWPA said:
It would have been a shit ending. Every manga that ignores its flaws and tries to end everything with the couples together is just bad.
Especially with the elephant in the room that both these people are mega psychologically damaged and that won't be solved just by them getting together, hence the current arc delving really heavily in how they are very flawed people and how they need to tackle it head on.


Exactly. The manga is much more than 2 people wanting to go out together. I disliked it for trying to go through that for a long time till the last arc started, it went to a whole different drama setting and it is much more entertaining now despite it making me depressed every week.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
 
May 21, 2019 8:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 32367
Mezo-RPWPA said:
JizzyHitler said:
Especially with the elephant in the room that both these people are mega psychologically damaged and that won't be solved just by them getting together, hence the current arc delving really heavily in how they are very flawed people and how they need to tackle it head on.


Exactly. The manga is much more than 2 people wanting to go out together. I disliked it for trying to go through that for a long time till the last arc started, it went to a whole different drama setting and it is much more entertaining now despite it making me depressed every week.
And thats also just talking about shirogane and kaguya, we still got the side characters, Ishigami has come a long way but hasnt fully gotten himself together, fujiwara is just kind of a bitch and i dont think theres much its gonna go with that, but then theres the big one miko who the manga still needs to deal with. Like shes not to the extent of pres and kaguya but it is still a girl that spent her entire life essentially alone and developed a morality complex to escape the lonliness of her parents not being there, and this would of just been played for laughs if the manga ended at 136

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

 
May 21, 2019 11:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 33282
in the first volume bonus, author saying that they really adhore shoujo stories where it can surpass the time when they going out. it's not surprise if author will follow the suit. we still have long way to go boy.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
 
Top