Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 11, 2019 11:44 PM

Apr 2019
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

This
This
THIS IS WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT. This episode was phenomenal in both aesthetics and both story. I can’t get over it. Blue Cat’s voice is charming and I prefer ther thief version than her idol form. She also knows Eyeone’s name and Bakenyan is missing right when she shows up? S u s p i c i o u s. Honestly this was the peak of Star twinkle so far.
aria__chanMay 12, 2019 9:54 AM
May 12, 2019 12:28 AM
Jun 2011
i also prefer mao thief version then her ido form. also i think she and Bakenyan are related somehow
May 12, 2019 7:46 AM

Oct 2011
great ep, animation quality was there, it looked fantastic for the introduction of Mao.

chances that Bakenyan is Mao in disguise are high, she can transform with an item, bakenyan didnt show up this ep, also she knows the cures and eyewarn.

i think the dragon dude may appear again later in the series, he had a very good design, maybe there gonna be a pen on his planet.

This episode needed a few more minutes, Eyewarn shows up out ofnowhere, and princess just say thankyou again.
MARxRGMay 16, 2019 4:23 PM
May 12, 2019 1:41 PM
Jul 2015
Another great episode as usual. The setting is great. I like Mao's both idol form and thief form. Her idol form is cute, while her thief form is cool. Who doesn't love Prunce? Prunce has got to be the best mascot in Star Twinkle because not only is he a cute male mascot, he has a useful shapeshifting ability that even helped the cures in battles. The battle is great too because we have a Nottoriga dragon that looks different from the previous seasons, and a face-off with Blue Cat.
May 13, 2019 4:26 AM

May 2018
The gambling setting reminded me of the classic Transformer episode "The Gambler" and other similar settings lol

Really though overall I really like this episode! Mao/Blue Cat was finally introduced and she's an interesting character that already knows who the precure and Notraiders are.

I also like the action this episode, felt a lot more dynamic than previous episodes.
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
May 13, 2019 6:09 AM

Apr 2011
I like Mao as a rival for Madoka. They're very different from each other as the free alleycat trope versus the ojou-sama trope and it sets up a good dynamic. I agree with MARxRG that the episode needed a few more minutes to establish some things that happened like Eyewon showing up and Mao just handing over the pen to Madoka despite not ~really~ being in danger (if I was an intergalactic space thief that already had my loot I would've been gone).

Next episode is also another Madoka episode. She's getting a lot of attention from the writers this season.
May 13, 2019 1:34 PM

Jul 2009
Great episode! Finally a new potential character that seems to know everyone else. I have to wonder if Mao will eventually join the team :)

Love Sumire Uesaka's voice! I think she hasn't voiced a Precure as well. That may change depending how they take the story ^^

Can't wait for the next one!
May 13, 2019 2:05 PM

Jul 2015
Freaking great episode, that was so unique and fun! Blue Cat's introduction was fantastic she's a big bag of mysteries, she definitely knows a lot about the situation.

Prunce reactions were priceless, also Madoka had a lot of spotlight this episode and I loved it, also, donut power too strong! Cure Twinkle would be so proud.
May 14, 2019 3:57 AM

Oct 2007
Best episode I've seen so far. Mao reminds me of the anime Kaitou Saint Tail. Now, I have another reason to follow this anime.

Madoka has nerves of steel trying to use donuts for the auction. With luck her plan worked. Although the rich dragon guy still almost won.. he's literally burning money to beat donuts. Madoka won by bluffing that she has plenty more donuts. I guess her strict dad was indirectly helpful this episode.

Hoping to see more Mao in future episodes. Ah, and another Madoka episode next week, I feel so lucky. ^__^

time for a score upgrade... now 9/10 from 7/10
Liddo-kunMay 14, 2019 4:05 PM
May 14, 2019 4:45 AM

Oct 2007
vxnderground said:
I like Mao as a rival for Madoka. They're very different from each other as the free alleycat trope versus the ojou-sama trope and it sets up a good dynamic. I agree with MARxRG that the episode needed a few more minutes to establish some things that happened like Eyewon showing up and Mao just handing over the pen to Madoka despite not ~really~ being in danger (if I was an intergalactic space thief that already had my loot I would've been gone).

Next episode is also another Madoka episode. She's getting a lot of attention from the writers this season.

agreed with this being rivals thing, I hope it get's explored more. And their first encounter isn't exactly pleasant.. what Mao said about them giving her the donuts anyway seems to have pissed off Madoka. :p
May 14, 2019 1:46 PM

Mar 2017
What a great episode! Space Vegas with a Space Idol and a Space Auction! Selene finally getting some spotlight again and being awesome! The auctioneer insect guy was great, and so was the fact that donuts literally saved the universe and are apparently the best thing the galaxy has ever seen (or tasted). Pretty funny moments, too.

If every episode was like this, this anime would be great!
May 15, 2019 1:27 AM

Apr 2013
I loved this episodes. The direction was really, really good !

Though it was easy to guess, it was really enjoyable, and I love Blue Cat already. Her fighting with Selene was really nice !
May 15, 2019 1:15 PM

Nov 2018
Finally, a great episode! If star twinkle manages to do more episodes like this one then it will become a pretty decent show
Mao really adds some spice to the whole thing, i love anime thiefs
The art this episode was incredibly pretty, and finally someone understands the true value of donuts. Purunsu was especially cute in the flashback
Madoka is clearly the best cure here lol
May 15, 2019 2:06 PM

Aug 2007
I enjoyed this episode. I like how girls are discovering new planets. Imagination and creativity. That's what writers have and they put on every episode Trying to imagine how planets, people, life are in each other. We see a little bit, but enough to know each planet perfectly.

About Blue cat, was obvious she was Mao and this was only a disguise. Poor Prunce.

I got a prediction from here to mid season: from here to episode 20-22: Maybe girls got only 5 to 10 pens (seems impossible due we got to episode 15 already. They got only 6). Aiwan (the one eyed villian) maybe will get more Star princess pen. Is logic that she has her own techniques to acquire the Star Pens.

Maybe the boss hel her with a new power and combine the power of the pens. Wait and see what will happen.
May 15, 2019 6:26 PM

Dec 2013
Best episode so far.

The art direction was a homerun on this one and we got some of Prunce backstory.

The planet they visited this time was also very interesting, seems like something you'd see from old Star Wars movies.

Selene was also the star of this episode along with Mao, her plan with the donuts was both effective and funny.
May 19, 2019 10:32 PM
Jul 2018
aria__chan said:

She also knows Eyeone’s name and Bakenyan is missing right when she shows up? S u s p i c i o u s. Honestly this was the peak of Star twinkle so far.

Now that you mention it, that really is s u s p i c i o u s because Bakenyan doesn't seem like that much of a bad guy, and Blue Cat can obviously shapeshift.

Also I agree that this was probably the best episode we've gotten so far. The art was a feast to look at and I found Madoka's bidding skills formidable and amusing.
May 25, 2019 3:10 PM

Jul 2017
Absolutely delightful! Hikaru's cut-away gags never failed to make me laugh, the donut bidding was adorable, and I honestly loved the flashback with Puruns and Fuwa.

But we all know who the star of the show was this week.

Everything about Blue Cat is on freaking point. Her vibe is very reminiscent of Saint Tail, and I love her attitude towards the Precure as neither friend nor foe. And her transformation perfume?? Oh my god, it's perfect. I want it. I NEED it.
May 25, 2019 3:12 PM

Jul 2017

Now that you mention it, that really is s u s p i c i o u s because Bakenyan doesn't seem like that much of a bad guy, and Blue Cat can obviously shapeshift.

Didn't Bakenyan also say something like "I have my own agenda as well" in one of the earlier episodes? Pretty sneaky sis.
Oct 12, 2019 9:22 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Very great episode, the art was truly beautiful, it was a pleasure for my eyes.
And the story was great too, best episode so far.
Jul 5, 2021 6:33 AM

Feb 2020
Easily one of the best episodes so far. The animation in this episode was excellent.

The whole auction scene was very funny and entertaining. One billion yen donuts! :D

Mao/Blue Cat got introduced. Her idol preformance was cute. ^^
Nov 10, 2021 7:04 PM

Nov 2012

Don-don-donuts let's go nuts.
Jan 9, 2023 3:32 AM

Feb 2020
Great episode. This is one of the main reasons why I find this season so unique and entertaining.

Madoka used some clever tactics to win the Princess Star Color Pen in the auction. Puruns' donuts were extremely valuable, haha.

Mao was Blue Cat, after all. Interesting alter ago.

And Bakemon was missing in this episode. His case is becoming more mysterious.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Star☆Twinkle Precure Episode 48 Discussion

Ashhk - Jan 19, 2020

12 by Cozye »»
Mar 27, 3:59 PM

Poll: » Star☆Twinkle Precure Episode 41 Discussion

Ashhk - Nov 24, 2019

12 by Cozye »»
Mar 27, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Star☆Twinkle Precure Episode 16 Discussion

aria__chan - May 18, 2019

14 by Cozye »»
Feb 29, 5:34 AM

Poll: » Star☆Twinkle Precure Episode 7 Discussion

DreamingBeats - Mar 16, 2019

14 by kyuamomo »»
Dec 2, 2023 6:04 PM

Poll: » Star☆Twinkle Precure Episode 36 Discussion

Nemesis_Ranka - Oct 13, 2019

13 by SuzuhRevv »»
Sep 11, 2023 2:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.