Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
May 1, 2019 4:10 AM
Sep 2016
This is how u kill a show. OPM is going full TG route. Terrible adaptation.
May 1, 2019 4:18 AM

Jan 2016
Wait so people only enjoyed season 1 because of Saitama? Bad new then folks because OPM has always been about the well-written side characters so you won't be getting a lot of Saitama action if that's what you want

Overall a good episode. the CGI was really good and the animation wasn't bad looking. It's also a good thing that J.C didn't even try to recreate that glorious centipede art from the manga because we would've just been disappointed
May 1, 2019 4:26 AM

Feb 2008
The quality is eps. is much better now, but on the other hand, garou is becomes more and more meh, for me, he can go back on that pile of thash.
May 1, 2019 5:12 AM

May 2010
I found this ep to be a bit dull compared to the previous ones, might be because I'm more into OPM's comedy, rather than fight scenes :x

Not that it was bad though, Metal Bat is pretty cool, and the animation was more than decent. Garou's backstory was not something I exactly expected, wonder how he'll develop as a character in the future. Such a shame he doesn't remember Saitama's chop!
May 1, 2019 5:21 AM

Mar 2017
pratiksingh1594 said:
kater_tot said:
I feel like this season really isn't that great... so far i'm disappointed. We've hardly seen Genos and Saitama at all. No where near the same level as season 1

there isnt much saitama in this part of story ...more like side character

Well that sucks! 😭
May 1, 2019 5:22 AM

Mar 2017
Hime03 said:
kater_tot said:
I feel like this season really isn't that great... so far i'm disappointed. We've hardly seen Genos and Saitama at all. No where near the same level as season 1

How is not seeing genos enough a legitment critism, literally last ep was about him. And not seeing saitama they did the same last season, and a had worse superheros to fight the big bad for tension.
Not seeing saitama is world building, and also setting up the plot for next ep

Well, it's my opinion that this isn't as good as season one. Also, everything that happened in the last season linked back to Saitama in some way where as nothing is this season. Also, out of 4 eps so far only one has been about a main character (genos last ep)
May 1, 2019 5:23 AM

Mar 2017
Vindicater said:
kater_tot said:

I think Saitama just wasting Garo last week kind of spoiled it for me.

I wanted that beatdown to be at the end of the season..

Apparently, Saitama and Garou don't actually seriously fight for a long time
May 1, 2019 5:30 AM

Jun 2013
kater_tot said:
Hime03 said:

How is not seeing genos enough a legitment critism, literally last ep was about him. And not seeing saitama they did the same last season, and a had worse superheros to fight the big bad for tension.
Not seeing saitama is world building, and also setting up the plot for next ep

Well, it's my opinion that this isn't as good as season one. Also, everything that happened in the last season linked back to Saitama in some way where as nothing is this season. Also, out of 4 eps so far only one has been about a main character (genos last ep)

tbh garo is already a better character than saitama, so im enjoying this season even more
May 1, 2019 5:33 AM
Apr 2019
RayReynolds said:
the animation was not bad, but in terms of designs and direction of anime art is really lazy, just compare

Jc staff It's one of the most boring studio I've seen for a long time.

Actually, they have been animated, watch it again closely then you'll recognize it. From what I've observed on that part, they just made it fast.
Reality is often disappointing.
May 1, 2019 5:57 AM

Mar 2017
ThEoNePugNA said:
kater_tot said:

tbh garo is already a better character than saitama, so im enjoying this season even more

I like Garou but I feel like without Saitama the humour is kinda gone and I think that’s why I’m not enjoying it as much
May 1, 2019 7:58 AM

Oct 2017
Metal Bat is awesome!
May 1, 2019 7:59 AM

May 2012
Another good episode

Animation looks fine.
May 1, 2019 8:25 AM

Apr 2018
This episode was almost Season 1 lvl. The animation gets better from epsiode to episode

May 1, 2019 10:45 AM
Nov 2016
It was an Ok episode, nothing spectacular but not bad either, just decent enough for the masses I guess... still worse than episode 3 but a bit better than episode 1 and 2.

My rating so far:

Ep 01: 7
Ep 02: 7
Ep 03: 8
Ep 04: 7.5

So far in this season they are not trying to "reach for the stars" like season 1, they are just trying to make it decent enough to please the masses. I rather have a studio that tries to "reach for the stars" on this season so obviously J.C Staff was a bad choice for this. I still think the current Madhouse could have done something a bit better than this but I'm not too confident about Madhouse that much either, maybe Wit Studio (the one from Attack on Titan) should have been the one making this season.
xZabuzaxMay 1, 2019 10:55 AM
May 1, 2019 10:50 AM

Mar 2013
as a manga reader, I have bad news for you!
ghtyujkkpkohkjb said:
Already the 3rd episode in a row where there's almost no Saitama at all. This second season should've been called "Dudes no one heard and cares about".
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
May 1, 2019 10:55 AM
Feb 2018
BLaCkGuN69 said:
as a manga reader, I have bad news for you!
ghtyujkkpkohkjb said:
Already the 3rd episode in a row where there's almost no Saitama at all. This second season should've been called "Dudes no one heard and cares about".

Not everyone reads manga
May 1, 2019 12:14 PM

May 2018
I fuckign love Garou
May 1, 2019 12:28 PM

Apr 2010
hornetsentinel said:
garou is a better character than saitama and most manga readers will tell you that

And may I know why?
May 1, 2019 12:43 PM

May 2018
Oh, nice. Metal Bat fights against Star Platinum, er, a giant centipede and wins.
Ora Ora Ora Ora!

On a side note, the ep itself was...okay. A huge downgrade from episode 3 but it's on par with ep 1 and 2 again.
May 1, 2019 12:55 PM
Feb 2009
overall better episode than last week
May 1, 2019 1:03 PM
Jan 2019
I can tell sth is wrong with the animation
It looks like a fine quality animation but sth hurts my eyes
May 1, 2019 1:16 PM

Jan 2019
Useless episode, nothing happens. No one cares about centipedes who come out of nowhere, why do they have to wait to begin the tournament ?
May 1, 2019 2:55 PM
Apr 2015
hornetsentinel said:
LukaPochi said:
When you expect to finally see Saitama at the tournament, or at least some interesting fights, here we come with another half episode of this fucking GARO and his boring story, and the other half featuring a fight with the baseball bat guy that nobody cares of.

Lovely.
garou is a better character than saitama and most manga readers will tell you that

Lol based on these comments you are definitely wrong
DragonIncursioMay 1, 2019 3:00 PM
May 1, 2019 2:59 PM
Apr 2015
Vindicater said:
kater_tot said:

I think Saitama just wasting Garo last week kind of spoiled it for me.

I wanted that beatdown to be at the end of the season..

That's when you have interesting side characters tho, the few they have are Genos, Sonic, Tornado, Fubuki, Bang, really that's it.
May 1, 2019 3:33 PM

Feb 2014
Garo really is the highlight of this season. His theme tune really pumps the vibe.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

May 1, 2019 3:53 PM

Jul 2016
So, first episode of the filler arc, and the pacing has slowed considerably. Pretty concerning, as I was really enjoying the show up to this point.

Gonna stick with it, since it's not like there's an alternative. The main series hasn't even been updated in over a year. Really hoping this is just an unusually slow start, and that this arc picks up and gets over with sooner rather than later.
May 1, 2019 5:52 PM

Dec 2018
I really liked seeing Metal Bat in action, and the CG for the centipede was, in my opinion, pretty good. It made it look cool. The pacing for this season is pretty slow, though...and I kinda wish Saitama had more screen time.
May 1, 2019 6:40 PM

Jun 2012
GoldenDevilGamer said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:
They're using more of that blurring effect shit like in episode 2 instead actually animating the individual blows and movements.
That blur effect is used for TV censorship against effects that can cause epileptic seizure (ever since that Pokemon Porygon incident). TV Tokyo's guidelines are listed here. Stuff like this will most likely be removed from the blu-ray releases. There's other shows that get affected by this guideline, including stuff like JoJo (which also has them removed from their blu-rays). There are other shows that dim the visuals instead, like MHA or the Fate stuff made by ufotable.

He's talking about the blur scene with the camera shake and those scenes are like that to hide animation issues. Diming is one thing bluring like that is another, previous season had a lot scenes like that that weren't blured... You can pause when Metal Bat was blocking the centipide attacks, all the frames where "blured", just like in the previous episodes.
Fate, MHA and Jojo usually don't pull shit like this.
SnaitaMay 1, 2019 6:45 PM
May 1, 2019 6:42 PM

Feb 2013
LukaPochi said:
hornetsentinel said:

And may I know why?
his character develops significantly
May 1, 2019 6:44 PM

Jun 2012
hornetsentinel said:
LukaPochi said:

And may I know why?
his character develops significantly

They are just different, I personally still like Saitama better but that is just personal taste.
May 1, 2019 7:01 PM

Oct 2017
Loved the episode. Slow pace and I wish we saw more of Saitama but great overall. Happy to see new heroes too!
Hey there! If you'd like to talk about anime or anything else feel free to drop a comment on my page or DM me. I'd be glad to have a conversation and make some new friends :)
My list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Amazinc?status=7&order=4&order2=0

May 1, 2019 7:08 PM
Mar 2016
ghtyujkkpkohkjb said:

Yes, Saitama will surely be almost absent for a few episodes too
May 1, 2019 7:08 PM

Oct 2013
Metal Bat seems like a cool guy. :P

Good episode, although it felt a bit chaotic, as for we had four "places of action" at once: Saitama at the Tournament / Garou / Metal Bat and his bodyguarding mission / Hospital. That's why we had calmer scenes with Charanko and Mumen Rider or Saitama with wig on his head, and then we were moved to the place where Metal Bat was fighting monsters. It would've been good if there were less main attachment points that differed so much.

Episode 4 was not as good as the previous one, but I liked it to be frank. I'm happy that the visuals are not decreasing in quality, but they slightly improve each episode (at least for me). They are more consistent in terms of animation and artstyle. Here we could see some more CGI than usual. I was worried at first, but later Centipedes appeared to be handled very well as CGI models in 2D graphic. They didn't look odd, they fit everything and even if you could tell they were made with CGI they didn't ruind the whole atmosphere, but rather made it even more cool (I'm talking about that moment when giant centipede showed up).

btw. King being King was awesome as always. xD
AdnashMay 1, 2019 7:17 PM
May 1, 2019 7:21 PM
Mar 2019
I like how twisted Garou is since he was a kid.
May 1, 2019 7:31 PM

Apr 2014
I enjoyed that. The animation seems to be improving rather than getting worse, which is great, even if it's still nothing special. The pacing felt a lot better than it did in the manga, at least to me. I think this season is turning out to be much better than people expected, even if it still isn't as impressive as the first one.

Also, to everybody complaining about the lack of Saitama so far this season: Get used to it. Garou and the other heroes in the association get a LOT of focus in this story line, so adjust your expectations accordingly. Let yourself enjoy Garou, because he's an AMAZING character (even if the anime adaptation isn't quite as compelling as the manga)
ChangeLeopardonMay 1, 2019 7:37 PM
May 1, 2019 8:19 PM

Jan 2018
I think this ep was solid.

GARO VS METAL BET NEXT EPISODE LET'S GET IT
May 1, 2019 9:51 PM
Jan 2016
Good episode!

I find Metal Bat quite amusing, and i like his fight against that monsters!

Saitama disgised was so funny, i am hyped to see more about tournment!

Garo and Metal Bat find each other, and Metal Bat defending Garou attack was so cool, curiosu to see their fight!

May 2, 2019 12:44 AM

Oct 2014
Hm. The opening it growing on me (the song, that is xD).
Wasn't great, but still this episode was much much better than previous ones~
May 2, 2019 1:12 AM
Spiral Warrior

Jan 2017
The EVIL that is the CGI in this episode made me want to empty my skull with a shotgun.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
May 2, 2019 4:30 AM

Jul 2016
So is this where most of Toaru Majutsu no Index III's budgets (Especially EP23's) went to, JC Staff? Elder Centipedes' CGI was look even better than Accelerator's White Wings CGI from last Index III episode.

In term of adaptation, I wonder why they changed some of pacing (Not counting small fillers) in this episode? Watchdog Man is not supposes to be shows up yet up until after Garou's fight against Metal Bat, same goes with Suiryu too which was during middle of Garou's fight.

Not sure if it because I get too used on Matsukaze Masaya's Kakine Teitoku voice, seeing him being voiced Suiryu (And the voice tone he used here) sounds a bit weird to me lol.
MahiaErebeaNegiMay 2, 2019 4:34 AM
May 2, 2019 8:16 AM

Nov 2010
Been loving this so, after 1st and 2nd ep that were wonky, they have finally picked up with animation and pacing of the story. I feel like they kinda wanted to rush through King's and Fubuki's backstories and add them to gang. and then to get main thing that juggling between Hero Hunter and Tournament arcs.
May 2, 2019 9:11 AM

Feb 2015
Saitama entering a tournament feels exciting, yet boring at the same time. Can't wait to see what kind of funny stuff they'll pull with it.
May 2, 2019 2:28 PM
Jul 2015
Greak work, JC Staff tired their best, give some applause.

or all you ppl complain go read manga instead.
May 2, 2019 3:21 PM
Apr 2018
Does anyone know how many episodes this season will have?
May 2, 2019 11:31 PM

Oct 2008
This episode proves how awesome Metal Bat is!
but looks like this is a very bad situation for him because not only he needs to deal with that Dragon Level centipede monster he has to deal also Garo in which he's gonna have extreme trouble!
5/5.
animation is still SH!T courtesy (brought to you) by JC.

May 3, 2019 12:38 AM

Jan 2014
CGI was really good.

4/5

Metal Bat vs Garou!
May 3, 2019 12:42 AM
Dec 2012
Anyone else just getting bored of this show this season?
May 3, 2019 11:50 AM
Oct 2014
Saitama is a garbage character, good riddance.
May 3, 2019 7:35 PM
Nov 2018
EpsilonX said:
I enjoyed that. The animation seems to be improving rather than getting worse, which is great, even if it's still nothing special. The pacing felt a lot better than it did in the manga, at least to me. I think this season is turning out to be much better than people expected, even if it still isn't as impressive as the first one.

Also, to everybody complaining about the lack of Saitama so far this season: Get used to it. Garou and the other heroes in the association get a LOT of focus in this story line, so adjust your expectations accordingly. Let yourself enjoy Garou, because he's an AMAZING character (even if the anime adaptation isn't quite as compelling as the manga)

don’t even bother telling the anime only ppl who complain the lack of saitama to force them to like garou. The only thing they care about is saitama. It’s as if they don’t appreciate good world building through side characters. i guess season 1’s amazing animation and saitama action spoiled them too much
May 3, 2019 7:41 PM
Nov 2018
Hazuki-Maiyuki said:
Greak work, JC Staff tired their best, give some applause.

or all you ppl complain go read manga instead.

or even better the web comic. it has better animation than JC STAFF’s
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2019

389 by THEBIGNOODLER »»
Apr 10, 2:30 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - Jun 25, 2019

200 by Craneface »»
Mar 28, 2:52 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - May 7, 2019

244 by scorpioniclibra »»
Mar 14, 3:26 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

xShinigami3125 - Apr 23, 2019

367 by Dr_tardo »»
Feb 21, 6:24 PM

» Bro deadass nearly died

Mei-o_Scarlett - Jan 17

3 by Mei-o_Scarlett »»
Jan 17, 3:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.