Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 17, 2019 5:21 AM
Oct 2018
SPOILER!!!

I dont really like how this episode break two things... 1. The image of the overlord characters being an absolute being with great power 2. The image of Aqua being useless..

Now,It feels like aqua is not totally useless and overlord characters are not as godly as before (considering the enemy that they are fighting is deemed as totally useless and not that strong in their main show).
Apr 17, 2019 5:26 AM

Aug 2018
It's a pity there was no "Waga na wa Megumin", I was looking forward to seeing everyone's reaction to it .

As expected of Ainz, he is still alive(?) even after receiving a Turn Undead from Aqua.
Apr 17, 2019 6:00 AM

Aug 2011
Corn_Tall88 said:
SPOILER!!!
Now,It feels like aqua is not totally useless and overlord characters are not as godly as before (considering the enemy that they are fighting is deemed as totally useless and not that strong in their main show).

Aqua isn’t useless though. She saved Darkness from curse of death and her old nakamas as well, landed the final attack to defeat Beldia and Hans, revived Kazuma, found out and purified Keele so they can take away the treasure etc.

Btw this show is supposed to produce jokes so don’t take the power system too seriously.
Apr 17, 2019 6:24 AM

Oct 2014
You might miss out on a little bit but I wouldn't bother watching any of the actual series unless you think you'll enjoy them. And I think there might have been a reaction from the overlord charas because skull man and tanya are both like the same kind of leader or rank?
Phosphobos said:
I've start watching this anime just by Tanya and friends but maybe it's a good idea to watch the other ones to understand better all the characters's personalities. This little Tanya-Beatrice interaction got me interested.

Also, I liked this brief reaction of Albedo, Demiurge and Ains to Tanya's introduction, I don't know why but I got the idea there will be two factions in this anime: Ains's side and Tanya's side.

I'm glad I gave this series another chance cause this was a much better ep. I think it was kind of funny how Aqua was sort of shown to be strong enough to hurt skull man but still undermined by Kazuma.
Also oh my gosh, I don't know how Tanya and co feel but Kazuma and Subaru are high school age so this isn't a huge deal but skull man was an adult with a job while he was playing the game he got sent to? No wonder he's so tired having to be in high school again?
Who was talking to Aqua in the hall? Was it like Darkness or Emilia?

Apr 17, 2019 6:58 AM

Aug 2016
Three seasons of Overlord I wish nothing else then seen Ainz being hit by something that. It was awesome and hilarious. And see Aqua getting hit never get boring. Also Kazuma looks like total badass now in Ainz eyes, that nice bridge to make usualy violent Overlord gang to behave themselves. Also Aqua wasn't useless today (meaning she was able to do a hit), yaaay. Can't wait war War world gang to do a scene and Subaru and Kazuma interactions. Will Kazuma change his clothes to tracksuit?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 17, 2019 7:08 AM
Aug 2010
I just want everyone to consider what this series might give us....

Shalltear/Darkness ship

The greatest of ships.
Apr 17, 2019 7:46 AM

Jun 2015
Kazuma-san, man of true gender equality! :D
Apr 17, 2019 8:36 AM

Oct 2012
I think the characters of konosuba will carry the anime.
Apr 17, 2019 8:39 AM

Oct 2007
As expected, Aqua-sama cannot resist not to attack the undead in the room. Ainz feel the pain. xD

I think Kazuma did the right thing, apologize. Because if he did not apologize, the other floor guardians might have all ganged up on him and Aqua. O__O

Liddo-kunApr 17, 2019 8:44 AM
Apr 17, 2019 9:38 AM
Oct 2018
sekuhara said:
Corn_Tall88 said:
SPOILER!!!

Aqua isn’t useless though. She saved Darkness from curse of death and her old nakamas as well, landed the final attack to defeat Beldia and Hans, revived Kazuma, found out and purified Keele so they can take away the treasure etc.

Btw this show is supposed to produce jokes so don’t take the power system too seriously.

..cough.. She cant even beat a frog.. Cough.. But, seriously for a goddes level she is fucking useless. I mean she even struggles when fighting both of them, and not to mention i think she cant even use other magic except water and holy element. Oh and it was eris that revived him.
Apr 17, 2019 10:25 AM

Aug 2011
Corn_Tall88 said:
sekuhara said:

..cough.. She cant even beat a frog.. Cough.. But, seriously for a goddes level she is fucking useless. I mean she even struggles when fighting both of them, and not to mention i think she cant even use other magic except water and holy element. Oh and it was eris that revived him.

There are things that a person can do and can't do, why do you only look at what that person is bad at and criticize it I wonder?
Dumb characters doing stupid things is pretty common in these comedy shows, if you can't take these jokes lightly or don't see it funny, I suggest moving to another show instead.
sekuharaApr 17, 2019 10:31 AM
Apr 17, 2019 10:31 AM
Dec 2018
Renkini said:
I was worried (and half-expecting) that this episode's discussion will turn into a bloodfest arguing power levels like "Ainz will shit on Aqua!" etc so it's a pleasant surprise it didn't. There're still cool and calm people on MAL I see.
Well as Ainz said this world has some power balancing issue. so it was a free pass
Apr 17, 2019 10:35 AM
Dec 2018
Corn_Tall88 said:
sekuhara said:

because the frog has water immunity, well the frog was supposed to be low creature but with water immunity. it was like some early game where some creature cannot be attacked by certain attack with element affinity.
Apr 17, 2019 11:15 AM

Jan 2016
Major improvement from the first episode, not surprising as it was just a set-up episode anyway.

Happy to see the characters from different shows begin to interact with eachother. I lol'd when Ainz thought the exact thing Kazuma did.
Apr 17, 2019 12:55 PM

Jun 2014
Corn_Tall88 said:
sekuhara said:

Nah Eris doesn't revive anyone, only Aqua does.
Aqua might look useless but she is canonically OP she is just too stupid to show her potential.
Apr 17, 2019 2:16 PM
Oct 2017
the teacher adores insisted on the last syllable

I have a hard time supporting it even if it's funny
Apr 17, 2019 3:57 PM
Jan 2018
It's a good anime, but how did Aqua deal damage to Ainz.
Should The residents of the Great tomb be
much stronger than all the others at the school.
With the exception of Puk.
Apr 17, 2019 4:07 PM

Nov 2017
Damn,this is gonna be a good series,3 of my favourite Isekai,and one on my planned to watch list.
Looks like there might be a bit of tension between Kazuma's group(well,Aqua anyway),and Ainz's team,though I think both the leaders will be able to deal with it.
Can't wait to see what happens.
Is it just me though,or does anyone else think this should be made into some sort of game as well?
Apr 17, 2019 5:05 PM

Mar 2017
Aqua really is the stupidest one among them xD
Apr 17, 2019 6:14 PM

Mar 2010
Hehe this show is still fun and 2nd episode was even better:

Apr 17, 2019 6:19 PM
Nov 2018
Kennazone said:
It's a good anime, but how did Aqua deal damage to Ainz.
Should The residents of the Great tomb be
much stronger than all the others at the school.
With the exception of Puk.

Not really, Konosuba characters are actually pretty strong aside from Kazuma. They're just reeeeally stupid.
Even Tanya reaches nuclear levels of power.
SuperKamiNappaApr 17, 2019 6:24 PM
Apr 17, 2019 8:34 PM

Mar 2018
What I want to know is, why is the German military running the school?
Apr 17, 2019 8:38 PM

Mar 2018
DedPanda said:
Even Ainz knows that power levels are bullshit XD

My only complaint with this series is the presence of the Youjo Senki gang...I feel like they are a poor dynamic for this series and don't really bring anything to the table. Like the only good thing coming from their presence is Yuuki Aoi's potential comedic voice acting.

I get that, but right now Youjo Senki currently makes up the majority of the cast. They’re inevitably going to do something. I just find the fact that everyone else is from a fantasy world while the Youjo Senki characters are from alternate World War I to just be such a bizarre matchup that I’m intrigued.
Apr 17, 2019 8:41 PM

Jul 2016
I didn't think Aqua could hurt Ainz, lmao. But after it happened I was expecting Albedo to go insane like she did when the angel attacked him in Overlord.
Apr 17, 2019 9:15 PM
Apr 2018
this is amazing. I can't wait for the next episode
Apr 17, 2019 10:08 PM
Mar 2017
This episode was too funny, the chemistry between the characters is very good and ensures laughs for several episodes.
Roswaal will also be a teacher in this peculiar class.
In this episode all the students introduced themselves to their classmates.
Subaru brings a bit of common sense to the situation they are in, but Roswaal only subdues the concern of Subaru and Ram is still cruel to poor Subaru and Ainz tries to challenge the teacher's authority.
Subaru catches the attention of Kazuma for his clothes that reminds him of his old world and the sweet Rem warns Subaru of the look of Kazuma and Ram again takes advantage of mistreating Subaru with her harsh accusations.
The introduction starts with the group of Re: zero, Subaru gives the first impression and Ram ruins his presentation with her harsh words, then Emilia and Pack follow, Emilia is so sweet and tender, her kind personality moves me. Ram and Rem present themselves directly and give way to Beatrice who makes it clear that she does not want to be friends with anyone.
Then it's the turn of Tanya's squad and I laughed when Tanya mentioned that she was from the army of the empire and Ainz and his servants reacted, but in the end Tanya and her squadron finished presenting themselves and the reaction of Kazuma and Ainz made me laugh a good a while, is more i repeated a couple of times the scene.
Now it is the turn of the party of Konosuba and Aqua tries to stand out with her divine presence, but the good Kazuma saves her the show and he makes the introduction of his companions, but without doubts what more made me laugh apart from the tantrum of Aqua and Megumin, was to see Darkness pleased to be treated as "thing".
And finally the most cool introduction, Ainz and the members of the tomb of Nazarick are presented and Albedo and her reaction after hearing Ainz left me a good time laughing.
I'm still surprised that Aqua dared to challenge Ainz, but Kazuma gets in and hits Aqua to stop her stupidity, but the coolest thing was that Aqua used Turn undead and made effect on Ainz, but it was not so harmful.
Kazuma again gives Aqua a blow to calm her stupidity and takes her home, without first apologizing to Ainz and his servants, but Ainz was surprised to feel pain from the attack of Aqua and the power of Kazuma to hit a goddess without hesitation.
The next day Aqua receives her punishment for fighting with her classmates.
What will be "that" what the teachers propose so that this particular class can be more friendly?
Apr 18, 2019 1:57 AM

Feb 2018
Atavistic said:
"This world has some serious power balance issues!"
Yeah, says the Undead who is far more OP than everything else in his world.

I think Vegeta said it best.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSaVTSYQGmQ
Dashiva761Apr 18, 2019 2:04 AM
Apr 18, 2019 3:09 AM

Oct 2007
Ararago said:
I didn't think Aqua could hurt Ainz, lmao. But after it happened I was expecting Albedo to go insane like she did when the angel attacked him in Overlord.

I expect Albedo try to get revenge on the next episodes. :p
Apr 18, 2019 5:53 AM

May 2014
I already figure that Aqua will confront Ainz but still hillarious watching it tha konosuba gang really are the one who brought comedy
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 18, 2019 9:09 AM
Dec 2017
sekuhara said:
Corn_Tall88 said:
SPOILER!!!

Corn_Tall88 said:
SPOILER!!!

I dont really like how this episode break two things... 1. The image of the overlord characters being an absolute being with great power 2. The image of Aqua being useless..

lol sorry to tell you but aqua is actually the strongest character in konosuba light novel and the most useful. considering she is the only one who could deal with undead and demons.

AquaBlue-samaApr 18, 2019 9:19 AM
Apr 18, 2019 9:18 AM
Dec 2017
Ararago said:

lol that ( turn undead) was the weakest attack of aqua
she can do more damage with strong attacks like (god blow) but only against demonic creatures and undead

she is overpowerd against ainz squade but she must be weak against rezero squade and tanya squade
Apr 18, 2019 10:09 AM

Jul 2016
Aqua managed to hurt Ains!!!!
Thank god she's an idiot
Apr 18, 2019 12:51 PM
Jan 2019
I already saw an attack coming from Aqua towards Momonga. LOL. Tremendous loquilla 😂.
I love that they use the same seiyuus of the characters, that makes them retain the charm and be more funny.
Apr 18, 2019 1:13 PM

Dec 2012
Subaru is so annoying
Apr 18, 2019 3:05 PM
Nov 2018
I really miss konosuba
Apr 18, 2019 6:52 PM
Jul 2015
Anime has peaked. Nothing can compare anymore
Apr 18, 2019 8:44 PM

Oct 2008
This was chaotic mess in a phenomenally great way!
The jikoshoukai (introductions was fabulously perfect)
Kazuma & Ainz thought of the same when Tanya introduced herself!
Albedo went gaga again!
wow! Aqua did some serious damage to Ainz!
then Albeda & Shaltear went hysterical because of Aqua's actions!
5/5!

Apr 18, 2019 10:38 PM

Oct 2017
Although I haven't watched Youjo Senki, I didn't think introductions were needed and glad that Kazuma just rushed through his group. Surprised nobody said what they truly are and where they are from. Was happy with the outcome ot the Aqua vs Ainz match.

Did anybody else catch the Komi-san reference that Subarau made to Beako?
Apr 19, 2019 12:38 AM

Sep 2017
Hahaha that was too funny, "Turn Undead" EEEEEHH.

And how he acknowledges that Kazuma casually smacks a Goddess on the back of the head too 😂🤦‍♂️
Apr 19, 2019 2:42 AM

Feb 2016
Why am I quite invested in this? Actually I know, but it's turning out better than expected.
Focused on Konosuba and Overlord these first two episodes, which I'm happy with since they're my favourites of the bunch, but now waiting for what's next with the other ones too.

Also, people who say it's inconsistent with the representation of *insert character name* from their own show, well, that's the point of it. Make it ridiculous so you can have fun at it. That's why Ple Ple Pleiades also exists, and the animation style is the same as that.
Apr 19, 2019 3:14 AM

Nov 2017

this image i sent for every retarded overlord and konosuba fans
Now Loading.....
Apr 19, 2019 12:54 PM

Oct 2012
Aqua is best girl even in another world. She just went right for it and challenged Ainz. Ah this is so good, I miss these shows~
Apr 19, 2019 2:28 PM

Oct 2013
Dear Odin man
Like ok. I think I could deal with Subaru, Rem and Emilia despite the characters sucking since its just gag stuff here

but Roswaal being the teacher or even in the show is too much here. His forced way of speaking is just pure annoyance and its not even over exaggerated funny type of annoyance like with Dantalion
Apr 19, 2019 11:07 PM

Jul 2015
To those being surprised by Aqua's power, actually she is very strong,her stats are similar to level 100 characters and that too in her nerfed state in the mortal realm.

Had it been not for her stupidity she is actually far stronger than Ainz if she used her full strength in her human body.

Apr 20, 2019 12:39 AM

Jan 2014
I laugh my ass off when Ainz get a direct hit from Aqua, it is to be expected though. but I wonder why Ainz still hold his horses.
Apr 20, 2019 5:09 AM

May 2013
I just realized after re watching both episode 2 that Sebas is missing. Will he be a teacher? or will he not be a part of this show?
Apr 20, 2019 10:43 AM

Apr 2018
Say what you want about this existing, its impressive that all of the characters are completely in character and aside from the art style, they all talk and act the way they should!

Also got to see more funny moments of my wife Aqua!
Apr 20, 2019 8:35 PM

Sep 2015
Atavistic said:
it should be assumed everyone watching this is familiar with at least 3 of the 4 shows.
Counter-example: I've only seen KonoSuba and I'm still watching this (and enjoying it). That said, I know what Re:Zero is about and I've been filled in for the other two by reading discussion threads.
Apr 21, 2019 2:14 AM

Sep 2007
Damned, i'm truly happy.
Despite not having saw Tanya, loving this anime.
Remembering me of Carnival Phantasm (where i didn't saw Tsukihime).
Apr 22, 2019 1:01 AM

Mar 2017
Please note that Lord Ains didn't try to defend against the spell, and holly attacks are his weaknesse.
The unbalance of power levels comes from the fact that it made a lot of damages even with the low ranking pf the spell x)
L・Ψ・≅
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isekai Quartet Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2019

162 by WELLERM »»
Dec 5, 2023 7:29 PM

Poll: » Isekai Quartet Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2019

80 by WELLERM »»
Dec 5, 2023 7:28 PM

Poll: » Isekai Quartet Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2019

127 by WELLERM »»
Dec 5, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » Isekai Quartet Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2019

109 by WELLERM »»
Dec 5, 2023 7:24 PM

Poll: » Isekai Quartet Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2019

76 by WELLERM »»
Dec 5, 2023 7:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.