Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 9, 2019 2:32 AM

Jul 2017
Damn, another show with a head-banging OP? I'm down!

Not a bad start with the entirely shounen vibes. Since it's from a Chinese manhwa, the OST reflects the basis for the structure, and I've gotta say I'm hooked. Oh, and also the Made in Abyss feels.

The Anglers of Magmel are no joke, and the MC himself is already dat OP.

Too bad subs are disappointing and since bilibili has a stranglehold on the series due to the Chinese source material, we will likely see sub-par subs released 1 or 2 days after the Jap raws.
KANLen09Apr 9, 2019 3:02 AM
Apr 9, 2019 3:22 AM

Mar 2010
wow what a piece of **** brother
Apr 9, 2019 4:12 AM

Dec 2015
Bit too boring/generig for me. Bad first episode that did not really introduce much about the world. (Just a few words about Magmel and how it brings out thet greed in the humans.) Some char designs in too annoying/extreme shounen style. No real interesting plot hinted at.

Not gonna watch this. I mean with a similar char design and better plot soon I can watch more Shingeki no Kyojin. :D
Apr 9, 2019 4:13 AM

Sep 2017
This first episode was pretty interesting I must say

The animation was inconsistent however. The fight scenes were impressive but the rest of the episode animation isn't really good, especially the characters movements

papsoshea said:
First of all, the subs are bad

Agreed on that point
I had to watch it with english subs since I couldn't find a french sub anywhere, and I still noticed all the horrendous mistakes :')
Apr 9, 2019 9:08 AM

Aug 2008
All I could think at the beginning was how they completely skimmed over the fact that such huge landmass appearing a the Pacific would change currents and the global climate. Assuming it replaced the water instead of causing its level to rise. Kind of important catastrophic plot point to miss.

Sadly it looks like it's another show ruled by contrived writing instead of logic. It also feels like a low tier WSJ series... Shame, if it wasn't so ridden with basic faults it could probably make for a decent fantasy adventure series.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Apr 9, 2019 9:26 AM
Mar 2019
To anyone who watched Fairy gone; this is how you properly open a show and provide groundwork exposition. Exposition didn't feel like an info dump, we learn about this strange new world through the eyes of Kuriksu who has entered this place as blind as we are.
This is totally not the show I thought it was going to be, I was expecting a light hearted adventure piece, instead what we are going to get is a grand scale epic! So excited for the possibilities of this setting and these extremely likable characters. Zero might be best girl this season too!
Both the OP and ED were kick ass
Love the colour palette that was chosen too, really brings so much life to the scenery. Kimetsu no Yaiba is going to have a run for its money
Also curious for any manga readers out there, how many chapters were adapted in this first episode?
Apr 9, 2019 9:32 AM
Mar 2019
Chritabiner said:
Type HxH world, I like that

Strange beasts..and monsters..vast riches...hidden treasures...evil hearts...uncharted frontiers..the mysterious unknown...the people who are captivated by the magic in those words...call themselves...LECTORS!!!
this show is going to be awesome
Apr 9, 2019 9:34 AM
Nov 2018
Actually liked it a lot. I hope more people watch it, this show is going to be a sleeper
Apr 9, 2019 9:56 AM

Jan 2013
Anybody else got a Toriko vibe from it?
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Apr 9, 2019 12:33 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm a new continent huh. With human greed for what it is i bet there were no shortage of people who decided to explore hoping to make a fortune like that first party. So Inyou is someone that searches for and rescues people at the request of others then. If anything Magmel sure has claimed plenty of lives already with both its natural terrain and its wildlife that is surprisingly cunning. Inyou though sure has surprisingly good combat ability though. The new riches from the new land sure ended up bringing the worst out of the brother though. Too bad about the customer though. His brother was way beyond saving. Overall an interesting first ep and i have to say the mc really is an interesting one. Both the setting and his profession are also quite interesting as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2019 2:00 PM

Jun 2017
didn't like the animation and how the story was told but I liked the main chara, gonna give a second chance
"Gradually Watermelon"
Apr 9, 2019 4:08 PM
Jan 2018
Nice fighting scene...
Apr 9, 2019 4:49 PM

Jun 2013
Did Ryoma Echizen stop playing tennis? lol (Sorry, I can not look at this character without remembering him)

I need to see more for a more definite opinion.
Gimme more character development and/or romance. Probally a shotacon.

Apr 9, 2019 5:59 PM
Jun 2017
Interesting, lets see what this series will be shown to us in the next episodes...
Apr 9, 2019 6:19 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The direction/animation was fucking atrocious but the story itself interest me a little bit...

If i feel like it i might give episode 2 a chance, idk.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 9, 2019 9:23 PM

Jan 2016
LeafJonin said:
To anyone who watched Fairy gone; this is how you properly open a show and provide groundwork exposition. Exposition didn't feel like an info dump, we learn about this strange new world through the eyes of Kuriksu who has entered this place as blind as we are.
This is totally not the show I thought it was going to be, I was expecting a light hearted adventure piece, instead what we are going to get is a grand scale epic! So excited for the possibilities of this setting and these extremely likable characters. Zero might be best girl this season too!
Both the OP and ED were kick ass
Love the colour palette that was chosen too, really brings so much life to the scenery. Kimetsu no Yaiba is going to have a run for its money
Also curious for any manga readers out there, how many chapters were adapted in this first episode?

Funnily enough just came to this after watching Fairy Gone. Magmel is a much better first episode, and while the show isn't going to do anything revolutionary (getting a lot of One Piece/Gintama hybrid vibes), I bet it'll be a solid, and underappreciated, ride this season.
Apr 9, 2019 9:40 PM

Jul 2014
This looks like a bootleg version of HxH's dark continent lol
Apr 9, 2019 9:56 PM

Jan 2019
This one looks interesting.
Apr 10, 2019 1:43 AM
Apr 2019
I liked it but in a "meh" way. As already been said, the animation and subbing is yikes, but I'm a sucker for more anime about pure adventure and interesting settings, so I'll see where this goes from here.
Also first time here, but I find it interesting how this anime is very polarizing, being that you are either interested in seeing what comes next or bailing out right away. Classic deal maker or deal breaker right here.
Apr 10, 2019 7:25 AM

Mar 2011
Interesting so far. Seems there little interest in it but this is a potential sleeper. If the world building is done well this could be really good.

Will give it a few more episodes at least~
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Apr 10, 2019 9:00 AM
Jun 2017
Animations shit. These studios need to get a life
Apr 10, 2019 9:19 AM

Jun 2012
dropped it immediately after I saw the loli

when will Japan stop their obsession with lolis?

legit im so tired of it
Apr 10, 2019 4:08 PM
Dec 2017
This has potential, it's been only one episode and the MC actually fucking killed his opponent in almost cold blood and slaughtered other monsters like it was his morning routine. Although the plot looks kinda weak because, well, not much is presented, nothing intriguing about the characters is hinted - we know nothing other than the fact that the MC is broke, that he has a questionable moral code and that he is op af (and there might be something about the "lector" thingy as a background hint...-ish?), this only gives me OPM vibes, and OPM is enough. So like a wise man once said, "Mada mada dane"

I'll give it a chance though mostly for the "Echizen in Australia" jokes that the viewers/fans already started coming up with.
Apr 10, 2019 5:50 PM

Nov 2018
the story sounds good, it's acceptable if you ignore all the unnecessary drama in the first few minutes; I'm glad that the boy died but was left with a taste that was only for the dramatic effect
the main characters seem interesting although the design does not seem to fit very well with the animation style (in the manga style looks on point actually)
I would like the history to focus more on exploration; the island by itself seems to be very interesting, the atmosphere reminds me of Hunter x Hunter but in a good way maybe
it isn't a masterpiece; far from it, but it seems ok

❝見つめないで 悲しい方を
目を瞑って 口づけしよう
甘く溶けるメロディー❞

❝邪魔しないで
真夜中のパラダイス
息もせずに潜っていく
二人だけのダンス❞
Apr 10, 2019 5:59 PM

Jan 2013
Not bad start, poor boy getting betrayed like this.
It's interesting how is this continent, what other unique fruits & animals it has...
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 10, 2019 6:12 PM

Jun 2012
Can a manga reader tell if this was a good adaptation of the manga? Can't shake the thought that it was rushed and the fight was inconsistent
Apr 10, 2019 10:29 PM

Nov 2014
FuMomo-kun said:
Because of how colourful and bright this was, I didn't think someone would die. I wonder why stories from China are so colourful.

not all of them are colorful, take Hitori no Shita: The Outcast for example.

i guess it's because the chinese government thinks anime is for kids and that's why anime isn't allowed to contain violence/blood/death/r-rated stuff, which is why animes like Death Note, Attack on Titan, and Tokyo Ghoul are banned. That's why chinese anime/cartoons are always bright and colorful, it's cause they're intended for kids of age 6-12

but it's getting better now. as the chinese animation industry is evolving we're getting more better, mature animes
Apr 10, 2019 11:53 PM

Jul 2014
This seems fun, felt bad for the boy that just wanted to save his brother despite his condition.. gotta feel for those kinds of characters.
I like the MC so far, plus those black lightning effects are cool.
I'ma keep up with this.
Apr 11, 2019 4:29 AM

Jun 2012
ttcchen said:
Snaita said:
Can a manga reader tell if this was a good adaptation of the manga? Can't shake the thought that it was rushed and the fight was inconsistent
definitely not good. no, nowhere near as decent.

Ah..... shiet man
Apr 11, 2019 6:07 AM

Nov 2014
Snaita said:
ttcchen said:
definitely not good. no, nowhere near as decent.

Ah..... shiet man
in fact, what happened in episode 2 is supposed to be chapter 1. and episode 2 also cut out a lot of interesting information that was shown in the manga.

PS: good to meet a fellow hibari kyoya fan
Apr 11, 2019 8:23 AM
Jan 2017
another made in abyss version,, a mysterious new world full of mysterious creature and so much death, gore and i can feel some pshycological emotion here like dark and other negative emotion,,
its maybe called dark fantasy or something and the main character has the great power , this is really interesting episode,,,
Apr 11, 2019 9:17 AM

Jun 2012
ttcchen said:
Snaita said:

Ah..... shiet man
in fact, what happened in episode 2 is supposed to be chapter 1. and episode 2 also cut out a lot of interesting information that was shown in the manga.

PS: good to meet a fellow hibari kyoya fan

Good to know, I guess I'll have to pick the manga if this continues.

Hibari is so underrated :(
Apr 11, 2019 11:45 AM

Dec 2016
Pretty interesting first episode, and some of the fight animation was pretty solid which I wasn't really expecting from the first episode of a Pierrot show lmao
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Apr 11, 2019 2:47 PM

Oct 2017
1st episode looks ok
Apr 11, 2019 9:34 PM

Dec 2015
That was definite!y not great. Why do people like this?
Apr 12, 2019 5:04 AM

Jan 2013
This felt so bland, and then I checked the director... Makes sense
Apr 12, 2019 6:19 AM
Mar 2012
Pierrot = ultra low expectations
This ain't Abyss, but the forest scenery art is quite nice, and lovely osts (not sure it always fit tho). Adventurers going insane reminds of the Curse of Abyss, losing your humanity.
Even tho low budget, Angler's fight already has better clarity than OPM s2 Genos'.

Checked briefly, but [Linguistic] had at least 2 major mistakes more than [Non Nobis], which is somewhat better (Ebona/Epona inconsistent but still understandable).

Bit surprised the edgy party weren't the mc's but just an opener. Also nice the mc isn't a weakling that whines about justice & ideals, instead goes straight for "salvation". Angler & servant both seem fun with that banter.

Weak client kid traveling to the dangerous Magmel didn't make much sense, should've just wait at home. What a plot twist at the end. This mc taking jobs and meeting temporary side characters might give the Kino's Journey or Shigofumi vibe.

Did New Zealand become Magmel here???
gophercgApr 12, 2019 6:26 AM
Apr 12, 2019 8:08 PM
Mar 2014
I can't wait to see the world building in this. First episode did have a bit of a fast pace and some info is missing, but hopefully we find out more with time. I'm getting flashes of Toriko with this, but with a more serious tone so hopefully that's the case. Makes me wonder how the MC has no money if he potentially does a lot of rescues.
Apr 13, 2019 2:09 AM
Sep 2016
Getting major Made in Abyss vibes from this, in a good way. Even if the plot goes nowhere, seeing Angler's rescue missions every week will be fun.
Apr 13, 2019 4:42 PM

Mar 2017
It's quite decent. World setting is pretty interesting too.
So Inyou is a lector. Boy he's strong.
Apr 13, 2019 9:26 PM
Apr 2019
Interesting.. it make me think of made in abbys but with security perspective... lol..
Apr 13, 2019 9:38 PM
Jan 2016
It was interesting, MC was really awesome and badass!

Poor boy got betrayed for his own brother!

I am glad MC did what he deserved!

looking forward more!
Apr 15, 2019 1:48 AM

Mar 2009
Ths show needs official subs. Badly.
Apr 15, 2019 8:59 AM

Sep 2016
I just watched because the PV gave me HxH vibes. But i wasn't expecting to became dark with this disgustfull big brother,i realised something was wrong with the big brother, but i didn't expected him to kill the boy.

RIP boy, i'm sad for you.

In general the episode felt kinda rushed, but i liked wnough to spent 20 minues of eac week to watch it. Let's see if this will keep me interested in the next episodes.
Apr 15, 2019 1:58 PM

Jun 2013
the OP and E are good also this looks very interesting
Apr 15, 2019 9:58 PM
May 2010
So anyone noticing that the OST is the same, with only a few tweaks, as Naruto.

Since the beginning I was getting these flashbacks of Naruto.... is this because of Pierrot or sth else?
Apr 19, 2019 10:22 AM

Oct 2008
jumanji-like forest!?
MC is a bit OP!
4/5.

Apr 20, 2019 10:03 AM

Apr 2011
Woah! This anime hooked me in.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gunjou no Magmel Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

P_S_Y_C_H_O - May 6, 2019

63 by jenkitsune »»
Jan 31, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Gunjou no Magmell Episode 13 Discussion

alexanderthekek - Jun 23, 2019

38 by MeanEYE »»
Dec 21, 2023 2:50 PM

Poll: » Gunjou no Magmel Episode 6 Discussion

el_morris - May 12, 2019

26 by Bidoof_PMD-EOS »»
Jun 6, 2023 4:02 PM

» Gunjou no Magmell Episode 12 Discussion

Luroon - Jun 27, 2019

1 by Dawizz »»
Mar 17, 2023 12:12 AM

Poll: » Gunjou no Magmel Episode 10 Discussion

alexanderthekek - Jun 2, 2019

19 by Dawizz »»
Mar 16, 2023 12:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.