Forum Settings
Forums

Xebec Merges With Production I.G After 24 Years of Anime Production

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 7, 2019 1:26 PM

May 2015
The amount of "I personally didn't like their shows, so fuck them" in this thread is ridiculous. You guys realize that there is people that DO like them right?

Apr 7, 2019 1:30 PM

Oct 2013
Cabron said:
keragamming said:
Never heard of that studio and wasn't a fan of anyone of those shows, nothing of value was lost.

Edit: Just check the list of anime they animated and I don't like not a single one of them, this may sound harsh, but on a business perspective your business is bound to fail when all the titles you create is basically trash.
How many shows have you seen from them?

A decent amount I would say, though after looking at the list again, the only titles that I know a lot of people like is Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 and to love ru.
Apr 7, 2019 1:56 PM

Sep 2011
really hope this didnt affect the production of fafner

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 7, 2019 2:00 PM

May 2017
RIP Xebec Keijo will never be forgotten
Apr 7, 2019 2:15 PM

Mar 2014
keragamming said:
Cabron said:

A decent amount I would say, though after looking at the list again, the only titles that I know a lot of people like is Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 and to love ru.

Also, Pokemon Origins is regarded as what a Pokemon anime should be. An adaptation of the first game setting, not a merchandise advertising masquerading as a anime, who is plottless and resets all the character development (who is not a lot) entirely each 2 or 3 seasons.
DNAngel is a ages old classic, Nyaruko was really fun and random.

Still, they ruined Tokyo ESP (it had so much potential...pretty much X-Men version Japan, best female lead in ages), and their adaptation of Negima was bad (but that's partially because it was so early).
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Apr 7, 2019 2:27 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Damm... well tbh, most if not all of their workers and resources seemed to be divided inbetween Sunrise and IG, so I dont feel that bad about this, and it is most problem some of the stuff they did, like the lastest FMP, will continue, with IG Productions.
Apr 7, 2019 3:03 PM

Dec 2013
keragamming said:
Cabron said:

+ Full Metal Panic
Apr 7, 2019 4:42 PM

Oct 2018
Sunrise and Prod. IG get beefed up and a shitty ecchi studio bites the dust. I won't lose any sleep over this one. Was only a matter of time since their animation unit got sold off.

Hopefully all the staff get settled into their new homes quickly.
almost3amApr 7, 2019 10:49 PM
Apr 7, 2019 5:17 PM

Jul 2009
Their big shows have been bombing lately such as Keijo and Clockwork Planet, so this was inevitable. Haven't been keeping track of the new Full Metal Panic!, but I'm guessing it didn't do well enough to pull them out of the red.
Apr 8, 2019 1:36 AM
Jul 2018
Does this mean that 2202's completion could be compromised and that we probably won't see another Yamato remake?

Man, I am seriously sad.
Apr 8, 2019 6:09 AM

Jan 2019
amazing news, im loving it

i love both sunrise and pig, so its nice to see they are gaining more assets
Apr 8, 2019 9:41 AM
Jul 2018
Studio Xebec is far from a perfect studio, but to be honest if anyone is preaching for a studio going out of business, sometimes they don't realize effects of said broke or bankrupcy. Chances are the IPs that the studios originally had will go down the drain, meaning that chances for a continuation etc will not happen because of said IP being lost. So even if their track record isn't the best, if they lose an IP that a lot of fans considers to be good, then say good-bye to that IP because they will go down the rabbit hole with the bankruptcy.

At the very least with Xebec's case I.G merged it so the chances of having the IPs having a continuation or remakes are there. Unlike studios like Manglobe where some of their IPs were lost, or most of them because of their bankruptcy. Or whatever the case may be.
Apr 8, 2019 12:43 PM

Mar 2014
R.I.P. Xebec, thanks for To Love-Ru and Zoids.
Apr 9, 2019 6:07 AM

Oct 2014
changelog said:
Does this mean that 2202's completion could be compromised and that we probably won't see another Yamato remake?

Man, I am seriously sad.

Well it is an beloved series.
And IG likes to keep franchises alive so an remake or continuation is actually pretty likely to happen.
IG did absorb the assets for a reason.
So when that happens, it might have a better quality.
Apr 9, 2019 10:03 AM

Oct 2008
TsukuyomiREKT said:
The amount of "I personally didn't like their shows, so fuck them" in this thread is ridiculous. You guys realize that there is people that DO like them right?
そのとおりだ。

Happy note, it is again alive. As group, property is preserved. Positive thoughts, as case may be.
Apr 9, 2019 9:44 PM
Apr 2018
I dont think this is as bad as some people treat this news. Bad things need to happen to fix a bad industry. Rather than having so many shows the get released all the time we should have most of these companies run out of business or get sold off like this one. If this happens maybe people in the industry will stop underpaying and overworking people. Cause currently most anime that gets released compete with each other for money and run each other to to the grave. I want a situation where better quality anime is made and the people making them are well off. Also with less competition more money can go to marketing so these shows will be much more profitable.
Apr 18, 2019 1:46 PM

Aug 2014
why all this trashtalking? they had man great shows. Full metal panic is love, yamato, Haiyore! and classics like love hina etc. ??
Apr 18, 2019 2:01 PM

Apr 2015
I was never really a fan of Xebec as an organization. They have a couple of works under heir belt that were produced pretty well, but most of their works as of late felt pretty lazy and insipid. It's obviously a case of poor management, otherwise they would never have operated this deep under the red.

That being said, it's really a shame to see yet another studio pass away. Was looking forward to seeing how they tackle the rest of Yamato. Sigh, oh well. Rest in peace.
Oct 4, 2022 5:55 AM

Apr 2020
i'm still salty about their decision to censor TLR's mikan's nipples

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Kakushite! Makina-san!!' Gets TV Anime in 2025

Vindstot - Yesterday

8 by RobertBobert »»
42 minutes ago

» 'Detective Conan' Creator's 'Yaiba' Manga Receives New Anime

Hyperion_PS - May 7

20 by Zedlin »»
4 hours ago

» Light Novel 'Izure Saikyou no Renkinjutsushi?' Gets TV Anime in Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by Zedlin »»
4 hours ago

» 'Dungeon no Naka no Hito' Announces Additional Cast, Staff

2 by Zedlin »»
4 hours ago

» Manga 'Kujima Utaeba Ie Hororo' Receives Anime Adaptation

9 by RobertBobert »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.