Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 27, 2019 12:33 PM
Mar 2019
I never played a souls game but want a fun game that's challenging. I been stuck on deciding which of these 2 to get. I'm kinda low on money right now and can only afford one.

P.S.- I want the one that will keep me busy the longest and worth my money. I'm leaning more towards sekiro with it being new but ill let you guys inform me!
Mar 27, 2019 1:39 PM
Jul 2018

Personally, the only choice for me is Sekiro because it's available on PC; Bloodborne is exclusive to PS4 and I'm not buying another console (the last one I bought was an Xbox 360).

I'm also very new to the FromSoftware catalogue of games as well; I've only recently started playing DS2

edit: words are hard
removed-userMar 27, 2019 1:46 PM
Mar 27, 2019 2:02 PM
Jul 2015
I think Bloodborne might have more playtime than Sekiro. Not sure how accurate this is.

Sekiro
https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=57415

Bloodborne
https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=21262
Mar 27, 2019 4:44 PM

Jul 2009
I haven't been able to play Sekiro yet, but I'm confident that you should choose Bloodborne if you're mainly looking for longevity. The game has a multiplayer feature that makes it last hundreds of hours, and it also has a wide array of customization since you build your own character.
Mar 27, 2019 8:35 PM
Mar 2019
Thanks everyone, also guys I’m looking for switch of the two is the hardest 😈. I’m really trying to suffer😂!
Mar 28, 2019 4:29 AM
Feb 2019
I think bloodbourne more darkly, that Sekiro. Bloodbourne have better locations. But story in Sekiro is better)
Mar 28, 2019 4:34 AM

Jan 2013
Sekiro doesn't look too great, and Bloodborne is bad.
Start at Demon's souls, skip Dark Souls 2, and end at Dark Souls 3.
Mar 28, 2019 5:09 AM

May 2014
I haven't played Sekiro yet, but i highly recommend playing Bloodborne first. Plus it'll be cheaper since it's been out for longer.
Mar 28, 2019 6:38 AM

Jan 2017
fancyjasper said:
I haven't played Sekiro yet, but i highly recommend playing Bloodborne first. Plus it'll be cheaper since it's been out for longer.
I think your best bet would be Bloodborne. It's cheap right now and pretty fun for starters but I found the setting of Sekiro more interesting than Bloodborne and Dark Souls so take that for what it's worth lol
Mar 28, 2019 4:38 PM

Oct 2015
Haven't played Sekiro but Bloodborne is fantastic. Plus it's cheap and has multiplayer as others have said. I've heard Sekiro is harder but doesn't have as much replay value.
Mar 28, 2019 9:44 PM
Mar 2019
I'm going with sekiro! Thanks for the input everyone.
Mar 29, 2019 1:36 PM

Aug 2012
Sekiro has the better gameplay but man Bloodborne left a hole in my heart that kept me wanting more
Mar 29, 2019 6:32 PM

May 2018
Bloodborne is better game overall. It has better level design, bosses and more balance in other departments while Sekiro strong point is just combat.

Bloodborne > Dark Souls 3 > Dark Souls & Sekiro > Dark Souls 2 > Demon Souls
Mar 30, 2019 3:04 AM

Dec 2014
As someone who just spent 4 days cooped up in their room trying to finish Sekiro, Bloodborne is defintely better. Sekiro is much better at combat, but Bloodborne beats it in almost every aspect. In terms of difficulty, Sekiro definitely had it's moments, I'd lean more towards Sekiro. In terms of length, honestly about the same. I beat Bloodborne in about the same timeframe. Bloodborne has more bang for your buck considering you can buy the entire game for like $8 every PSN flash sale.
Mar 30, 2019 5:24 AM

Aug 2010
I'm loving Sekiro and haven't played Bloodborne, you'll obviously be able to pick that up far cheaper though.
Mar 30, 2019 9:02 AM

Nov 2008
Haven't finished Sekiro yet, but it has a better protagonist than any of the Souls games and Bloodborne. Character creation sucks. The faces are always ugly, the proportions are always screwed up and the characters are always doll-like mutes. I'm so glad I didn't have to mess with sliders for twenty minutes before I started Sekiro.

Mar 30, 2019 6:18 PM

Sep 2012
The thing with Sekiro is that, I don't know if anyone mentioned already or not, it basically only has one way to play; get up close, parry your enemies or use some ninjutsu to throw them off balance, attack and repeat until they die. That's 90% of the game aside from the times where you can use your tools to go around and sneak on the enemy or throw your rope so it allows for some verticality, but if you don't like this, the game is simply not for you.

Souls games allow for different builds and more replayability. You want to be a mage and kill them at a distance? You want to wield two-handed weapons and blow them away with a single attack at the cost of having to time them better? You want to turtle around the enemy full on plate armor? You want to dual wield katanas and kill them fast enough? etc etc etc.

And this is without mentioning music, art direction (which Nioh also beats since Yokai are A LOT more interesting than anything shown in this game), boss designs, atmosphere (the sense of dread in those games is much, much higher than in Sekiro)...

I'm a fan of the Souls games (aside from Dark Souls 2 which was horrible, although I didn't really liked the first Dark Souls after Orstein and Smough either, aside from the DLC) so I was kinda disappointed with this new game in almost every aspect outside of the combat, and even that was already done better in a Souls clone of the same time period, so it feels like bothering with Sekiro after completing it unlike other the former games is a waste of time.

Answering the thread, Bloodborne is infinitely superior to Sekiro because of the reasons I already mentioned better. It feels like it's not even close to me.
GoldenSaltPillarMar 30, 2019 6:22 PM
Mar 30, 2019 6:34 PM

May 2014
Not sure if i'm late since you already said you choose Sekiro but w/e.

I'd say Sekiro, i do want to mention that Sekiro is hard as fuck. I've played all the souls games and i'm struggling alot playing Sekiro. Ofcourse it's different for everybody some might say Sekiro is easier than bloodbourne/dark souls, But i honestly think Sekiro is much harder than any other souls game especially a certain butterfly bitch.

Bloodbourne does have more variety with different builds etc, but most casual players or people that just started playing these kind of games won't care for that anyway.
Mar 30, 2019 7:12 PM

May 2018
Here Metacritic top ranked games for PS4. In both Metascore and User Score, Bloodborne ranked better than Sekiro.

Metascore.
https://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/ps4/filtered

User Score.
https://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/userscore/all/ps4/filtered?sort=desc
Mar 30, 2019 8:05 PM

Dec 2015
Bloodborne digital is at 20, go for Bloodborne first.

Mar 30, 2019 11:08 PM
Mar 2019
I’m struggling so hard with sekiro 😂😂. Definitely the hardest game I ever played and is pretty fun. I’ll get bloodborne in a few weeks and try that out too.

Thanks everyone!
Mar 31, 2019 5:03 AM

Feb 2019
Definitely Bloodborne.
I finished Sekiro yesterday and it was one of the best experience I've had for a long time but the problem with it is that it's very different from a Souls game. You haven't played any souls games prior so this part doesn't matter I suppose.
Difficulty wise, sekiro is easier but because there's online in bloodborne, I would say they are equal in terms of difficulty.

Now gameplay, sekiro is even more fast paced than bloodborne with you having to constantly attacking and countering your enemies, not to mention being able to swing around and jump all over the place.

Atmosphere and design on the other hand, bloodborne takes the cake on this one. Like someone already said, Nioh's enemies design is even better than sekiro.
If you want something to last then get bloodborne as there's multiplayer in that one for pvp whereas in sekiro it's a pure solo experience.
I hope you can decide from these points I've made.
Mar 31, 2019 10:16 PM

May 2017
Bloodborne for the nostalgia
Sekiro for the story and samurai action
Apr 2, 2019 5:02 PM
Mar 2019
Singularity1197 said:
Definitely Bloodborne.
I finished Sekiro yesterday and it was one of the best experience I've had for a long time but the problem with it is that it's very different from a Souls game. You haven't played any souls games prior so this part doesn't matter I suppose.
Difficulty wise, sekiro is easier but because there's online in bloodborne, I would say they are equal in terms of difficulty.

Now gameplay, sekiro is even more fast paced than bloodborne with you having to constantly attacking and countering your enemies, not to mention being able to swing around and jump all over the place.

Atmosphere and design on the other hand, bloodborne takes the cake on this one. Like someone already said, Nioh's enemies design is even better than sekiro.
If you want something to last then get bloodborne as there's multiplayer in that one for pvp whereas in sekiro it's a pure solo experience.
I hope you can decide from these points I've made.

I appreciate the input! I'll be getting bloodborne very soon.
Apr 13, 2019 10:58 AM
Apr 2019
The game has a multiplayer feature that makes it last hundreds of hours, and it also has a wide array of customization since you build your own character.
Apr 13, 2019 5:34 PM

Sep 2012
haven't played sekiro yet, but bloodborne has one of the most well put together settings and atmosphere that i've ever played through. from the initial trailers of sekiro, it seemed a little bit underwhelming in comparison.

Oh maybe, maybe it's the clothes we wear
The tasteless bracelets and the dye in our hair
Or maybe, maybe it's our nowhere towns or our nothing places
But we're trash, you and me
We're the litter on the breeze
We're the lovers on the streets
Just trash, me and you
It's in everything we do
It's in everything we do

Apr 13, 2019 7:29 PM
Feb 2014
Bloodborne was actually a good game. Sekiro is shit.
Apr 13, 2019 7:58 PM
Feb 2016
Haven't played Sekiro yet. If you have a PS4 then Bloodborne is 100% worth it.

May 19, 2019 5:30 PM

Mar 2015
Bloodborne's aesthetic(mostly visually speaking but i'm lumping the atmosphere together as well) is more up my alley, haven't played Sekiro enough to form a strong enough opinion regarding its mechanics.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 26, 2019 12:00 AM

Dec 2015
For me the best purchase would be Bloodborne, just 20 dollars. Super long game if u want the plat/100%

More topics from this board

» Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door censors catcalling!?

rohan121 - Apr 28

36 by JaniSIr »»
49 minutes ago

» Do you track Accounts you made online

ST63LTH - 1 hour ago

0 by ST63LTH »»
1 hour ago

» Are We Headed For Another Video Game Crash?

Retro8bit - Mar 15

24 by ST63LTH »»
1 hour ago

» GTA V vs GTA IV

tectacles - May 2

1 by ST63LTH »»
1 hour ago

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

528 by luckyrune »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.