Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 16, 2019 9:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's about time Yukiya and Haruka takes on a big challenge again.

This episode seems to be building into the climax of the season. DJ , Tazuna, etc and all the big players are gathering for the showdown. Unfortunately, the action felt pretty stale.
Mar 16, 2019 11:12 AM

Jan 2013
I almost puked.
How the fuck can this show make me feel motion sickness so easily...
Mar 16, 2019 1:42 PM
Jul 2018
the first half was quite hilarious to me how mess the plot twists have been and oh dear those action scenes! I think it lacked in-between animations and resulted filled with errors. Most importantly i can't seem to understand the direction of the story at all at this point and feeling bit random..

Most surprised me there was no cliffhanger this time and the last couple of minute feels like this was rather final episode. Should have watched the next episode's pv but whatever! Curious what new amusing things next episode will deliver.
Mar 16, 2019 4:20 PM
Jan 2017
The battle was amazing, even if it was brief. All the Hand Shakers get to display their power in a beautifully choreographed scene. In terms of visual spectacle, it was a dream come true. In terms of storytelling and characterization, it was a bit painful seeing characters I was emotionally invested in fight over such high stakes.

Unfortunately, this was all ruined by a boring, anti-climactic resolution. Nielsen just stops the fight and tells Yukiya what he needs to know. That's it. This episode spoiled something that could have been monumental. Yukiya and Haruka have their second fight as Hand Shakers, while Break and Bind make their return to the battlefront. A lot of people complained that Star Trek Voyager didn't achieve its full potential because Rick Berman insisted on staying true to Gene Roddenberry's philosophy of peaceful solutions over major action scenes, and I can't help but feel this is the exact same problem W'z faced, at least in this episode.

Credit where credit is due: the revelations in the episode's second half help viewers make sense of the story. It was good to see Nagaoka and Mayumi again, as well as the Akutagawa sisters gaining some semblance of reunion after their separation. This episode did come up short in action and visual spectacle, but made up for them in character writing and vocal performances. The next episode will focus on the antagonists, who admittedly don't seem all that interesting compared to Yukiya and his supporting cast. We'll see how it goes.
Mar 16, 2019 5:33 PM

Feb 2017
Great action... like finally!
but yeah the plot kind of died and i don't even care anymore
Mar 17, 2019 5:30 PM

Sep 2015
We did have to comeback with the pedo doctor and the drugged stockholm syndrome sister, so unfortunate that they have to remember us how DISGUSTING that part of the show was. I wish they were dead instead of forever lost in that paralel world.
Mar 17, 2019 5:49 PM
Nov 2017
I just have one question, is Naga yukiya's father and koyori's sister yukiya's mother?
Mar 18, 2019 12:15 PM

Jul 2015
CondemneDio said:
I almost puked.
How the fuck can this show make me feel motion sickness so easily...

Not rly, if you want a real motion sickness, try out the expert controls in "Ace combat 7", its totally different from the normal ones and it actually give some motion sickness. ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mar 18, 2019 12:44 PM

May 2018
Whoa, Yukia's parent live in that Ziggarat world?????

So, the last 2 would be them against the Okukie group.
Mar 19, 2019 3:22 PM

Oct 2008
Looks like all the fights this episode was just a skill set showdown huh...
oh gosh! elder sis Mayumi showed up! glorious!
4/5.

Mar 19, 2019 7:30 PM

Apr 2016
Sometimes, the ironic stupidity of W'z is so awe-inspiring that I convince myself that what happened didn't fucking happen.

I'm gonna pull from this episode review because it reminded me of just how fucked this show was and how much I actually went out of my way to think this show wasn't quite as dumb as it was: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/wz/episode-11/.144652

Episode 11 might somehow take the cake for the most nonsensical, bullshit-written episode in this franchise. If nothing else, episodes 1, 2, 5, and 6 of the original and episode 1 of this show got some serious competition.

Like, this is obscene. The show just flat-out admits it has wasted our fucking time, knowing that if these characters just got off their fat asses, none of the events in this series would have happened. I was laughing in shock at this.

You know, the worst part is that I tried to convince myself this wasn't true. I convinced myself that I was misinterpreting the show and that there's no way it was gonna treat the only logical fucking explanation of our main character's powers as a red herring as it turns out he came as a result of the main antagonist of the previous season fucking a teenager he took care of and weaponized for her own survival, without even any foreshadowing. It raises a pretty big question, that being "how come his powers directly relate to Nielsen's and not Makihara's? You could argue that he didn't look similar to anyone previously thought of as a parent in terms of hair color, sure, but people's hair has been changing colors multiple times over the course of both shows! Not only does this plot twist raise equally damning questions to what it answers, not only are said questions ones that could have easily been answered if not for this show's established tendencies, but the twist was just plopped up out of nowhere, without any build-up or foreshadowing, after the show admits to deliberately wasting our time with a pointless fight scene that already suffers from severe power scaling issues and gets arbitrarily ended because Nielsen just says so, and a reveal a few minutes between the fight and this reveal that actively invalidates the show! Like...what?!

What am I even doing anymore?
Mar 21, 2019 8:03 PM

Jan 2011
Mayumi and Nagaoka are Yukiya's parents. Well, close enough to my theory about him being Koyori's brother, I guess. Uh, but if I've got the dates right doesn't that make Mayumi around 10 when she had him? Yukiya is 14, this is set 10 years after Hand Shakers, Tazuna was around 14-16 then and we can take it that Mayumi and Koyori were close in age to him. Yeah, that's why I thought/hoped he'd be their brother instead.
ReaperCreeperMar 21, 2019 8:15 PM
Mar 22, 2019 10:26 PM
Mar 2012
Haruka in "meet the parents", all 4 of them today.
Almost forgot this Mayumi & creep pair they were searching for the whole show. Suddenly poof, here they are.
Wait, Koyori can't go to Ziggurat to meet her sis, why? Didn't she enter before?
Nice most Yukiya mysteries, including the 8 year growth spurt are explained, but the nice fights (camera not too drunk) ended just a Nielson test, and knew Mayumi's place all along, making the plot dev kinda... eh...?

Jul 31, 2020 9:06 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah, shit! I really forgot about Koyori nee-san and her glassman partner that got lost on Zeggurat! Actually, damn, i may be so dumb when forgetting the clear foreshadow by the first met of Koyori in the start of this show. Yeah, that was true. Mayumi and that glassman were real parents of Yukiya. Lmao. Finally, a decent twist of the show. Not gonna loved it with its nice and gentle approaching. Because, yeah, the battle sequences still lame af by nerfing the real combo fight of the strongest Handshaker in the world. However, since knewing this was not his series anymore, the plot really deserved its generic stand and i really understand that matter. The true nature of the truth was also too cringe to stand for me. The deal was also lame. A testing prank? You must be joking!

By the way, twos more left. The objective was accomplished. The mystery surrounded the MC had been revealed. How could they ended the series? Midori kinda revealed his evil sight next. Another shitty battle? I can't wait to seen it!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 2, 2022 11:15 AM
Aug 2020
The biggest shock was how did mayumi conceive yukia at the age of 10-11and why did the two of them hide from others, cuz tazuna, reiji, and masaru knew the DJ and even if tazuna and koyori couldn't enter ziggurat, they are able to speak through the phone, so the whole hiding was kinda pointless. Lastly i know naga and mayumi wont age cuz time passes different in ziggurat but how is koyori not aging in the real world, also yukiya and dj's power is to let anyone into ziggurat and if they used to be an hand shaker then restore their nimrod, but koyori wasn't able to enter when she held yukiya's hand then how is she able to be summoned to ziggurat or use her nimrod.
Aug 2, 2023 10:48 AM

Dec 2022
Just a test scuffle? I suppose having Tazuna and Yukiya fight to the end for such a trifling reason would be a waste. Most of the plot so far seems to not have very much justification or gravitas to it. Even the characters involved don't actually seem to care much about moving it along, and just jump in for the hell of it. That said, this was the best battle so far.

Nagaoka and Mayumi are still living in the Ziggurat, and confirmed in all but words that they're Yukiya's actual parents. Not much of a reveal at all, but Yukiya will probably find out at some point.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » W'z Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2019

16 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 2, 2023 11:57 AM

Poll: » W'z Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2019

15 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 2, 2023 10:15 AM

Poll: » W'z Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2019

8 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 2, 2023 9:41 AM

Poll: » W'z Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2019

14 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 2, 2023 7:26 AM

Poll: » W'z Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2019

8 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 2, 2023 6:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.