Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 10, 2019 6:52 AM

Feb 2017
Tate no yuusha is very great anime. But sincerely, even with a very strong start, the show now started going really, really downhill in last few episodes. Will it get better in the future episode?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 10, 2019 7:55 AM

Aug 2018
If you ask me, I have no problems to the previous episodes except episode 8 which is underwhelming tbh (Shield of Rage is cool tho).

As a LN reader, in my perspective it will get better, but its up to you to judge the future episodes/arcs for your own perspective.
Mar 10, 2019 9:17 AM

Apr 2018
I've read 3 volume of the novel and then I dropped it, and I think The first volume (episode 1-4) is the peak of this series. So I dont think this show will get any better. But who knows? It might also get better, because i already dropped at vol 3 so I dont know the rest of the story. Just imo
Jfs_Mar 10, 2019 9:24 AM
Mar 10, 2019 10:02 AM

Feb 2017
Jfs_Jfsjfsjfs said:
I've read 3 volume of the novel and then I dropped it, and I think The first volume (episode 1-4) is the peak of this series. So I dont think this show will get any better. But who knows? It might also get better, because i already dropped at vol 3 so I dont know the rest of the story. Just imo

sorry for stupid question, but should i go switching to watch alicization? seem it's isekai too, and sao fan seem to praise it very much, will it better than tate no yuusha? (i'm follow sao to GGO, it's medicore at best but this should make me have no problem to catch up with the story of SAO:A)
Mar 10, 2019 10:59 AM

Jun 2015
Imo it started okay and turned to shit at ep 4. Am at 9 now and it has gone more shit.

So no it only gets worse
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Mar 10, 2019 11:17 AM
Dec 2018
If you asking if the show will get better then already is then yes it will
Mar 10, 2019 2:29 PM

Dec 2018
The first arc is the most original and good that you will find, the following ones are so generic and simple that they remove the reason to follow
Mar 10, 2019 2:39 PM

Sep 2018
When it comes to unfinished anime I reccomend expecting consistancy. If you like it how it is from episode 1-9 you should stick with it. If you do not like how it is dropping it should be fine.
Mar 10, 2019 3:28 PM
a car

Jun 2017
For all intents and purposes, it SHOULD get better, given how freakin' awesome some of the scenes of the LN are. Buuuut, the anime is just barely passable as an adaptation, so I have no better idea than an anime only viewer.

If you have no problem with its visual presentation (oh boy, the upcoming bosses are gonna look gorgeous in CG), then I'll recommend you give it a chance up to the halfway point.
Mar 10, 2019 5:04 PM
Jan 2018
kanthorn said:
Tate no yuusha is very great anime. But sincerely, even with a very strong start, the show now started going really, really downhill in last few episodes. Will it get better in the future episode?
I think this show has improved compared to before, in the last episode 9, especially in the part of the music that accompanies comedy, it's very good for me, I hope they improve the damned shield design in the upcoming episode because it looks bad in episode 8
Mar 10, 2019 5:28 PM

Sep 2018
The adaptation needs to not rush through the best scenes like in Ep 8. Personally, I would like the next wave to be covered in two episodes with the 1st episode focusing on the
and next episode focusing on
Mar 10, 2019 6:11 PM

Feb 2017
Natsuki_Hyundai said:
For all intents and purposes, it SHOULD get better, given how freakin' awesome some of the scenes of the LN are. Buuuut, the anime is just barely passable as an adaptation, so I have no better idea than an anime only viewer.

If you have no problem with its visual presentation (oh boy, the upcoming bosses are gonna look gorgeous in CG), then I'll recommend you give it a chance up to the halfway point.

Yeah, episode 8 where filo get eaten give Pressure as intense as megumin eaten by frog in konosuba, and shield of rage part feels like some depression dude stay at his peak of depression, and become negative-thinking generator. Even the manga still handle this part better.
Mar 10, 2019 7:48 PM
Master Otaku

Mar 2009
I'm only on Episode 9 and this show is amazing, this site is full of narcs.
- Justin T. Poindexter
Mar 10, 2019 9:26 PM

Feb 2017
Justp94 said:
I'm only on Episode 9 and this show is amazing, this site is full of narcs.

Even, I complain a lot, i’m still can’t decide to let this anime go, and drop it lol. Sure, Some part it’s very painful to watch, some part it’s all about PTSD man’s negative-thinking showcase. But overall there are some force in it that keep me watching.
Mar 10, 2019 11:10 PM

Aug 2018
kanthorn said:
No, so do you and us a favor and move on. Endro~! Is still playing, go watch that.
Mar 11, 2019 12:29 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Nah, it is just your typical isekai later on with bland characters and sleepfest story. Keep your expectations to minimum level.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Mar 11, 2019 4:36 AM
Jan 2018
I will only support this anime, by buying bluray and merchandise, and hoping to get season 2 as soon as possible, because reading novels makes me sleepy
Mar 11, 2019 4:47 AM

Nov 2011
I already read the current chapter of the manga, I can't say it's anything special.
Kaiser-chanMar 11, 2019 5:55 AM

Mar 11, 2019 5:44 AM

Feb 2017
KaiserNazrin said:
I already the current chapter of the manga, I can't say it's anything special.

If you want to make it became special series, replace Naofumi with our perm hair drunken samurai Gin-san (¬‿¬).
Mar 11, 2019 3:31 PM

Oct 2018
I'm pretty sure it will get better
Mainly from next week's episodes, when the next wave comes

But even if it remains like this, I don't care, because I'm enjoying the latest episodes just as much as the first few ones, I don't have any problems with episodes like these

Unfortunately too many people seem to hate character and story(yes the episodes are important too)development, so they don't like the recent episodes, they only want constant drama and fights
Mar 11, 2019 3:34 PM
Feb 2018
-Aincrad- said:

But even if it remains like this, I don't care, because I'm enjoying the latest episodes just as much as the first few ones, I don't have any problems with episodes like these

Unfortunately too many people seem to hate character and story(yes the episodes are important too)development, so they don't like the recent episodes, they only want constant drama and fights

I hate the fact that there is no characters and that the main character is very very unlikeable
Mar 11, 2019 3:35 PM
Feb 2016
-Aincrad- said:

I think that's a main reason why people feel it went down in quality. Personally, I feel it should pick up again after episode 10 with them fighting Glass in that fight if that's what that episode will cover and hopefully it does
Mar 11, 2019 3:53 PM
Sep 2010
I agree that this anime looked really good with a strong start the first 4 episodes. No ecchi, no harem, interesting and fast-paced development that made you want to watch more. Then when the MC struggle is over in episode 4, ep 5 is a downward spiral of boring development, no real threats, harem + ecchi scenes start coming in one after the other (hot springs are so cliche..), plot suddenly dissapeared..

Hope it gets better, since this has SO much potential. But we need real storytelling like they showed us they can have and the threat of danger for the characters, among other things.
Mar 11, 2019 5:04 PM
Jan 2018
-Aincrad- said:

then watch just attack on titan if they like full fights
Mar 12, 2019 1:44 AM

Mar 2012
I've read the manga few years ago, and it's never better than the start. (Wich is not good or bad)
There is no memorable passages..
Si it's not bad but everytime at +/- the same level.
Mar 12, 2019 10:25 AM

Jan 2015
it never was good, but it gets worse and worse until the very end, which is the lowest point, very bad ending
Mar 12, 2019 4:58 PM
Mar 2016
as and Ln reader i can say that book two and first half of book 3 are the wrost last half of book 3 and volume 4 are great then it starts getting weird but i like weird so book 5 and onward is at minimum consistent at max completely awesome . This is a series that i think should never be watched weekly its seems like a thing you marathon if i were you i would put it on hold then watch the rest when its finished.
Mar 12, 2019 5:35 PM
Jan 2018
Somecallme_kj said:
as and Ln reader i can say that book two and first half of book 3 are the wrost last half of book 3 and volume 4 are great then it starts getting weird but i like weird so book 5 and onward is at minimum consistent at max completely awesome . This is a series that i think should never be watched weekly its seems like a thing you marathon if i were you i would put it on hold then watch the rest when its finished.
parts of volume 3 and 4 are indeed very good, especially the action section at the end, even though I don't like volume 6, hopefully I can see volumes 7 and 8 being adapted into anime, because I don't like reading novels and manga still not completing volume 6
Mar 12, 2019 5:36 PM

Jun 2014
I read at least until the first act of the manga(that how I call it) and only the beginning of the second act.

I dropped the anime in episode 4 which is like the beginning of the first act.

I think the answer is obvious. I dropped it there because there's nothing else interesting after this point
Mar 12, 2019 5:56 PM
Jan 2018
Thai777 said:
I read at least until the first act of the manga(that how I call it) and only the beginning of the second act.

I think the answer is obvious. I dropped it there because there's nothing else interesting after this point
the problem is the reason many people are disappointed with this event is due to lack of characterization, especially in the raphtalia arc in volume 1, even I as a very disappointed manga reader see anime cutting and summarizing the raphtalia arc, i mean people definitely love raphtalia loli and characterization development happens, but I won't drop the anime
Mar 12, 2019 6:29 PM
Oct 2018
All these complains takes me back to Goblin slayer, people expected a dark fantasy Anime due to the tone of episode 1 but what people got after episode 1 was a moe slice of life show, same goes for shield hero, The first arc seemed to have Mislead a lot of people.
Mar 12, 2019 6:43 PM

Jun 2014
MudaMudaGioGio said:
Thai777 said:

the problem is the reason many people are disappointed with this event is due to lack of characterization, especially in the raphtalia arc in volume 1, even I as a very disappointed manga reader see anime cutting and summarizing the raphtalia arc, i mean people definitely love raphtalia loli and characterization development happens, but I won't drop the anime

She's a pretty stale character even in the manga, at some point all I could think of her was a Naofumi name caller she just call his name over and over again in every scene. She did have some nice development early in the manga (don't remember if the anime cut it) but after that point she just became Asuna 2.0 that sad.
Mar 12, 2019 7:26 PM

Feb 2017
Now I have read it further. Oh man, at this point even SAO are better and more entertaining than this show, Raphtalia goes from very meaningful lovable heart-warming raccoon loli to boring generic harem protagonist’s follower. Naofumi goes from unbreakable anti-hero shielded bro to unrelatable PTSD tsundere victimized grandpa who always think everything negatively to the point that it’s feels too much. One bitch screwed you up in one episode and you spend your huge amount of your life time keep saying “this world will take everything from me” even on the next episode the black smiths, two lolis companion, magic shop owner, and entire rurals resident love you. But what make me feel “face palm” most is this boring generic show has rating 8.4, even higher than entire SAO series which at least entertain me to some point.
Mar 12, 2019 7:31 PM
Jan 2018
Thai777 said:
MudaMudaGioGio said:

She's a pretty stale character even in the manga, at some point all I could think of her was a Naofumi name caller she just call his name over and over again in every scene. She did have some nice development early in the manga (don't remember if the anime cut it) but after that point she just became Asuna 2.0 that sad.
anime episode 2 cuts a lot of raphtalia characterization scenes, even in episode 2 discussions many people are disappointed, you can check back in the manga if you forget, and also I think raphtalia is 10 times better than asuna
Mar 12, 2019 7:44 PM

Feb 2019
i would have loved this show if the villains were at least threatening but so far they look like they serve only for comedic purposes.

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Mar 12, 2019 8:31 PM
Mar 2016
Almost_Satan said:
i would have loved this show if the villains were at least threatening but so far they look like they serve only for comedic purposes.
we get threatening villains eventually but i'm going to be honest the first really serious villian that actually does some major damage does not appear till book 7 and the next till 16 or so when they are good they are good but villains aren't really the strong point of this franchise imo.
Mar 12, 2019 8:58 PM
Jan 2018
kanthorn said:
Now I have read it further. Oh man, at this point even SAO are better and more entertaining than this show, Raphtalia goes from very meaningful lovable heart-warming raccoon loli to boring generic harem protagonist’s follower. Naofumi goes from unbreakable anti-hero shielded bro to unrelatable PTSD tsundere victimized grandpa who always think everything negatively to the point that it’s feels too much. One bitch screwed you up in one episode and you spend your huge amount of your life time keep saying “this world will take everything from me” even on the next episode the black smiths, two lolis companion, magic shop owner, and entire rurals resident love you. But what make me feel “face palm” most is this boring generic show has rating 8.4, even higher than entire SAO series which at least entertain me to some point.
SAO is better said you may be right or wrong depending on the tastes of the audience, personally I think SAO looks like rubbish in the early episodes looks interesting seeing people desperate can not return to the real world, but in the middle to the end looks boring and easy to predict, groove love dick that happened between kirito and asuna was so disgusting that the idiot along with stupid tentacles tried to rape asuna's vagina, I was grateful that damn harem didn't happen at least to naofumi, and also SAO season 2 was just full of garbage disappointment
Mar 12, 2019 9:53 PM
Feb 2019
I was grateful that damn harem didn't happen at least to naofumi, and also SAO season 2 was just full of garbage disappointment[/quote]

i know you really want to defend the show and while I agree with you on some major parts, according to source reader, the story of Shield did become a harem though. I don't think acknowledging that this has harem element undermine the story if you could convince that the harem is grown organically and in a meaningful way. I think we should try our best to not misinform new people in the show
Mar 12, 2019 9:53 PM

Feb 2017
MudaMudaGioGio said:
kanthorn said:
SAO is better said you may be right or wrong depending on the tastes of the audience, personally I think SAO looks like rubbish in the early episodes looks interesting seeing people desperate can not return to the real world, but in the middle to the end looks boring and easy to predict, groove love dick that happened between kirito and asuna was so disgusting that the idiot along with stupid tentacles tried to rape asuna's vagina, I was grateful that damn harem didn't happen at least to naofumi, and also SAO season 2 was just full of garbage disappointment

With “kirito always the chosen one” storyline, even 1000 player play beta tester, he is the best, even they are 10000 people trap in SAO, this 16 years old kid is still the best, has best reaction time, has unique skill that no one has, best girls who is second strongest player fall in love with him, All villains who can make him has a hard time always cheating, but in the end kirito win anyway. And he is the only one in SAO that play solo player and became powerful player without cheating. in SAO2 even no one can solve death gun mystery, he and his friends can, even they are yuuki who has faster reaction time and can beat him, that because she wear new different nerf gear, wear longer than him, kirito didn’t use twin sword, and the fight end in time ups. There are no men in series that can match or stay in the same sport light with him, and if there are he is dead in the end, so kirito can be best boy forever. This series is trash and that is my taste of SAO.

Don’t even make me talk about alicization.
kanthornMar 12, 2019 9:57 PM
Mar 12, 2019 10:17 PM
Jan 2018
kanthorn said:
MudaMudaGioGio said:

With “kirito always the chosen one” storyline, even 1000 player play beta tester, he is the best, even they are 10000 people trap in SAO, this 16 years old kid is still the best, has best reaction time, has unique skill that no one has, best girls who is second strongest player fall in love with him, All villains who can make him has a hard time always cheating, but in the end kirito win anyway. And he is the only one in SAO that play solo player and became powerful player without cheating. in SAO2 even no one can solve death gun mystery, he and his friends can, even they are yuuki who has faster reaction time and can beat him, that because she wear new different nerf gear, wear longer than him, kirito didn’t use twin sword, and the fight end in time ups. There are no men in series that can match or stay in the same sport light with him, and if there are he is dead in the end, so kirito can be best boy forever. This series is trash and that is my taste of SAO.

Don’t even make me talk about alicization.
. yes indeed I agree that Kirito is indeed a strong and passionate MC thanks to Asuna who is always by his side, but the story begins to deteriorate and declines in the middle of the episode to the end, where they are forced to switch to another game, sex antagonists and try taking Asuna in a dirty way, well even though I admit SAO was very popular at the time, but the quality of the story clearly decreased according to some fans' views, even season 2 was considered bad by some of their fans
Mar 13, 2019 10:17 AM

Aug 2012
VeryLTTP said:
The adaptation needs to not rush through the best scenes like in Ep 8. Personally, I would like the next wave to be covered in two episodes with the 1st episode focusing on the
Mar 13, 2019 10:48 AM

Sep 2018
nightcrawlercyp said:
VeryLTTP said:

Mar 13, 2019 4:48 PM
Jan 2018
nightcrawlercyp said:
VeryLTTP said:
yes, I agree, the next wave must be made in 2 episodes, but I'm not sure because they make 4 episodes for each volume, and at the end of volume 3, now it will end up in the naofumi team vs. other hero teams, this is my estimate
> episode 11 = the next wave
> episode 12 = shadow (until chapter 20)
but in my opinion it doesn't matter if it's made in 1 episode, because the next scene has a little dialogue but it's full of action
Mar 13, 2019 4:51 PM

Mar 2019
I'm curious what people think of the main character tbh
Mar 13, 2019 5:17 PM

Oct 2010
it started off good but it turned trash. Just another generic shit anime with garbage combat and garbage spells that are unreasonable and make no sense. The guy doesn't use his shield cool at all, there's too much bullshit magic

the drama feels forced and underwhelming and poorly written

the fucking duck is a blonde loli, how stupid is that? You can make it a harem without having to go to such ridiculous lenghts. It's just idiotic. It's gonna be yet another harem which by itself isnt a problem but the justification is poor and the chemistry is bad

goblin slayer was way much better even if it wasn't perfect itself and had room to improve and thats a shame cus i really like shields and the concept of a shield hero is cool but the guy doesnt have a cool shield (it looks trash) and doesn't use it in a cool way and the combat animation/moves are bad

always amazed how MAL scores seem completely random, you have good animes rotting at 7 and u have random garbage sitting at 8.40 for no reason? I'll still watch it cus i like the concept but i doubt they'll redeem it or make it any better at this point when we've seen their true colors
lots of music -
Mar 13, 2019 6:01 PM
Jan 2018
incisorr said:
it started off good but it turned trash. Just another generic shit anime with garbage combat and garbage spells that are unreasonable and make no sense. The guy doesn't use his shield cool at all, there's too much bullshit magic

the fucking duck is a blonde loli, how stupid is that? You can make it a harem without having to go to such ridiculous lenghts. It's just idiotic. It's gonna be yet another harem which by itself isnt a problem but the justification is poor and the chemistry is bad

goblin slayer was way much better even if it wasn't perfect itself and had room to improve and thats a shame cus i really like shields and the concept of a shield hero is cool but the guy doesnt have a cool shield (it looks trash) and doesn't use it in a cool way and the combat animation/moves are bad

always amazed how MAL scores seem completely random, you have good animes rotting at 7 and u have random garbage sitting at 8.40 for no reason? I'll still watch it cus i like the concept but i doubt they'll redeem it or make it any better at this point when we've seen their true colors
hahaha goblin slayer is better you say, it seems to me it looks like fucking rubbish filled with sex rape by a group of demons, but I won't blame your extraordinary taste
Mar 13, 2019 6:15 PM

Oct 2010
MudaMudaGioGio said:
incisorr said:

hahaha goblin slayer is better you say, it seems to me it looks like fucking rubbish filled with sex rape by a group of demons, but I won't blame your extraordinary taste

it tells a story and the story is that bad things are evil and goblins are more than just a pest

meanwhile in shield hero you get a dragon and then the stupid bird which is supposed to be a mount/side character/not a fighter just goes in and 1shots it with some forced drama scene on how all that happens and the " blood ". It's just really bad and childish
i guess its nor ur fault that you're a kid but its your fault for not being able to judge things objectively and for having a shit taste

if shield hero keeps going the way it does (its probably already too late even) then this show will never have any stakes either. theres no sense of danger or urgency or grim or anything and the waifu material isn't even good as it is so stupidly forced and there could be much better ways in introducing " it"
lots of music -
Mar 13, 2019 6:49 PM
Jan 2018
incisorr said:
MudaMudaGioGio said:

it tells a story and the story is that bad things are evil and goblins are more than just a pest

meanwhile in shield hero you get a dragon and then the stupid bird which is supposed to be a mount/side character/not a fighter just goes in and 1shots it with some forced drama scene on how all that happens and the " blood ". It's just really bad and childish
i guess its nor ur fault that you're a kid but its your fault for not being able to judge things objectively and for having a shit taste

if shield hero keeps going the way it does (its probably already too late even) then this show will never have any stakes either. theres no sense of danger or urgency or grim or anything and the waifu material isn't even good as it is so stupidly forced and there could be much better ways in introducing " it"
oh really I think the story is only filled with fucking hentai scenes, the poor MC they just went to be raped by the disgusting goblins
Mar 13, 2019 7:04 PM

Feb 2017
incisorr said:
MudaMudaGioGio said:

As someone who read Goblin Slayer before it was cool. Compare to tate no yuusha, both series are worst in their own way. Goblin Slayer is Moe harem slide of life with Hentai guro-rape environment. Goblin Slayer as an character is a bland goblin killing machine whom many girls want his dick. What Goblin Slayer has upper hand than tate no yuusha is main character motivation and exist of likable male character in our hero’s party like lizardmen and dwarf. In which Naofumi has only girls in his party, enforce the feelings of harem even more. Tate no yuusha on the other hand have better world building and more interesting storyline, Naofumi has more personality than goblin slayer, but the reason and motivation for his revenge suck so hard, getting trolled by some bitch in 1 episode and he continued to accursed this world for his entire life, Jesus Christ!! That stupid. Even 90% of people he met love him, he still keep complaining like an PTSD grandpa.
kanthornMar 13, 2019 7:26 PM
Mar 13, 2019 7:22 PM

Feb 2017
Swizze said:
I'm curious what people think of the main character tbh

Naofumi : unrelatable PTSD tsundere victimized grandpa who always think everything negatively to the point that it’s feels too much. One bitch screwed him up in one episode and he spend a huge amount of his life-time keep saying “this world will take everything from me” even on the next episode the black smiths, two lolis companion, magic shop owner, and entire rurals resident love him.

Raphtalia : a meaningful lovable heart-warming raccoon loli turn into boring generic harem protagonist’s follower

Filo : just some taliking bird with nothing interesting.

Other heros : poorly written freak. the only reason for their existence are to show how stupid and illogical they are. Making the audience feel how better our main protagonist Naofumi is.

Bitch : Bitch

Others entire world population : every act of other side character like the king, noble, pope, soldiers, residents are made of pure stupidity. To that point that if we goes IQ test on this world, The average will be less than 70.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2019

544 by FuchsiaBC »»
48 minutes ago

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2019

242 by SanessyAdversary »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2019

271 by Der_Body »»
Yesterday, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2019

169 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2019

195 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 7:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.