Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 23, 2019 2:44 PM

Sep 2016

That's some hot ecchi episode they made there.

This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Feb 23, 2019 2:50 PM

Jan 2017
Morag_23 said:
Was feeling bad for Eugeo, but Admin body... *sight*... *unzip pants*

r/creepyasterisks
Feb 23, 2019 2:53 PM

Jan 2017
God damn feels this episode... everybody getting embraced.

But Admin's body though; she's right, Eugeo will thirst when you got a body like that.
Even if she's the villain, I'll still take her as my waifu LMAO!
Imagine she just wants to be loved, that'll be a twist wouldn't it?
Feb 23, 2019 2:55 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Let's face it. Any straight male with functioning hormonal and reproductive systems would have done the same as Eugeo and gone in without protection. I mean the administrator, goddamn...I thought it was going to be some middle aged dude, a snide white haired shounen or a tsundere loli, but never a full on supa shexy Rider goddess look alike voiced by Maaya Sakamoto ...
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 23, 2019 2:56 PM

Jan 2013
WOW! What an episode!
On one side we finally have Alice back but on the other side, we lost Eugeo...and in such way...

I'm happy that Alice is back!

Definitely one of the best moments of this season!

But watching Eugeo to get to that point, that was so hard to watch...
Can't wait for the next episode! My feelings are 50% happiness for Alice and 50% sadness for Eugeo xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 23, 2019 3:36 PM

Dec 2015
When you see your enemy sleeping right in front of you and you decide to jump into their arms.
Eugeo is just an idiot tbh
Feb 23, 2019 4:08 PM
Sep 2018
That last part with Eugeo. Had to cry. Its just so sad watching him get manipulated. Sigh. Makes me wonder if the Administrator will still wipe his memories, or just twist them to make him hate Kirito and Alice, while still being Eugeo.
tzyhaFeb 23, 2019 4:11 PM
Feb 23, 2019 4:18 PM

Aug 2013
When Maaya Sakamoto gives you the ASMR
Don't believe the hype.
Feb 23, 2019 4:22 PM

Apr 2015
So Alice is trusting Kirito and is going to hear him out about her past. She's especially believing the part of her little sister, Selka. That realisation of having a family was sweet. They agreed that the current Alice is going to see Selka before the old Alice's memories are restored. Such a nice guy that Kirito.

As expected, when going against the church, the system kicks in trying to stop you. Same thing when it happened to Eugeo twice now. Eventho Kirito tried to calm Alice down, to clear her mind, she still seemed wanting to go against the system. I hope her eye didn't explode :( Atleast she is realising what is actually going on with the world and the whole business around the Integrity Knights.

Poor Eugeo, being manipulated right down to the core, so hard to watch.
The administrator is quite the bitch... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) that body though ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Feb 23, 2019 4:33 PM

Nov 2011
Bitch Admin tricking Eugeo into thinking nobody really loved him and Kirito is cucking him even while they were a child.

Eugeo got raped by the Administrator btw. Can't have SAO villain without any raping tendency now can we? Even if they are a chick.

I wonder if they used the recap to make the special ED song for this episode. It's pretty good.

Feb 23, 2019 4:46 PM

Feb 2014
Eugeo seems to be the most mysterious character in the story regarding that he had the seal on him way before. His upbringing seems rather deranged.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Feb 23, 2019 4:49 PM
Dec 2017
So, I officially hate Eugeo now
Feb 23, 2019 5:10 PM

Feb 2008
Who would say no to Maaya Sakamoto perfect voice? Really jealous of Eugeo, but damn that was some spicy scenes we got there.

Actually watched 18.5 before this, and thought there was maybe a connection but I did not get it. Enjoyed the episode, a lot of Artur- Alice like I always wanted, plus Pontifex-sama.

They couldn't have picked a better voice for her. Also, did Eugeo really kill his family or was she making it up?
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Feb 23, 2019 5:25 PM

Aug 2016
deg said:
evyyy said:

well, that is true as well ¯_(ツ)_/¯

edit:
wait a moment
he didn't take off anything 👌🏿

thats why i said they did it off-screen

Well

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 23, 2019 5:52 PM

Mar 2015
KaiserNazrin said:
Bitch Admin tricking Eugeo into thinking nobody really loved him and Kirito is cucking him even while they were a child.

Eugeo got raped by the Administrator btw. Can't have SAO villain without any raping tendency now can we? Even if they are a chick.

I wonder if they used the recap to make the special ED song for this episode. It's pretty good.

I believe you are the first person to point the fact that Eugeo got raped, i was reading some comments here and at reddit.. and things are just bad.
(i mean, the character being hot or ugly doesn't change anything in a rape, but most people seems to think it does)
Feb 23, 2019 7:55 PM
Mar 2018
Speechless for this episode. Alice and Kirito moment also the ED song was made it
Feb 23, 2019 8:18 PM

May 2014
Yes!! finally! another new harem member for kirito!!
oh and that other main character which isn't as important as kirito is being stupid so that kirito can save him later haHa.
Feb 23, 2019 8:54 PM
Dec 2018
Now this is getting Stanger and stranger.The whole story has been turned upside down.Eugeo is brainwashed and kirito and Alice still chatting outside the tower.This is starting to get cringey...still the suspense,Oh Yeah👌
Feb 23, 2019 9:22 PM

Feb 2017
LOL, i rather watch naruto part 1 / SAO aincrad than this, they just trying so hard

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Feb 23, 2019 9:47 PM
Dec 2013
Alice isn’t going to fall for kirito is she? That would be it for me.
Feb 23, 2019 9:59 PM

Jun 2016
Eugeo, the character i've been waiting for, is now getting a dead flag. Before the anime adaptation, i have already liked him, im not sure why(i don't even read the LN but i saw some of the LN images, but now he got nore dead flags, the first one was "stay cool" i suppose. I wonder he will say that when the time comes.. :(
Feb 23, 2019 10:03 PM

Jun 2016
evoniee said:
LOL, i rather watch naruto part 1 / SAO aincrad than this, they just trying so hard
well i guess everyone got a different taste

Seraphim-Sensei said:
Alice isn’t going to fall for kirito is she? That would be it for me.
i think she will, it just hurts me knowing Alice, the girl Eugeo who's trying hard to find all this time wasted just like that because of Quinella's manipulation.
Feb 23, 2019 10:29 PM

Aug 2012
well that was an interesting manipulation. I feel kind of bad for Eugeo.

Feb 23, 2019 10:31 PM

Dec 2014
Hopefully it turns out to be a hentai in next episode.

Kirito fuck Alice to calm her down with her crushed eyeball, so that she will still have some lingering to survive.

Pontifex then fuck Eugeo for the give-and-take of what they want from each other.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Feb 23, 2019 10:33 PM

Aug 2018
That ending tho 😳
Feb 23, 2019 10:37 PM
Nov 2009
Imagine if she turns back into her original form while Eugeo is snagging her. That would mind fuck him even more.
Feb 23, 2019 11:00 PM

Apr 2015
deg said:
evyyy said:

well, that is true as well ¯_(ツ)_/¯

edit:
wait a moment
he didn't take off anything 👌🏿

thats why i said they did it off-screen

Oh that’s what you meant
Feb 23, 2019 11:24 PM

Jan 2017
the development is going so slow, don't know if I can keep up with this anime much longer

Too much talk for something happening in 5 secs
then another wave of too much talk into something that takes another 5 secs to happen

I never had the displeasure of watching SAO 1 ep at a time - really enjoyed the first arc, and season 2 as a whole was alright, but I rushed through everything pretty quickly so I never had to go trhough a borefest

But damn, every episode is just a long boring chat then one little thing happens. :/ At least this ep we had two things happen, so 2/5
Feb 23, 2019 11:37 PM

May 2015
Alice wants to see Rulid village in hiding? Nah, bring her in there and give her some joy before changing her back. Show her the life that she was missing all these years. Let her say goodbye and then restore her memories. That would make for a fulfilling scene...

EUGEO GOT CUCKED!

Welp, Administrator successfully entranced Eugeo to be with her. And given the vision that Administrator showed to Eugeo about Kirito and Alice being together, it looks like we're going to be in for one hell of a fight...
Feb 23, 2019 11:41 PM

Sep 2017
Morag_23 said:
Was feeling bad for Eugeo, but Admin body... *sight*... *unzip pants*
ah i see you are a man of culture as well
Feb 24, 2019 12:00 AM

Sep 2017
man, seeing quinella's body almost make me draw my sword ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Feb 24, 2019 12:01 AM

Sep 2017
Poor Eugeoo felt bad for him, was not only brainwashed by words but that hot figure too. Really was hoping that he could meet with Alice first but looks like she will be joining Kirito harem.
Feb 24, 2019 1:33 AM
Jan 2018
everyone feels depressed or angry at my nibba sad blonde kirito but fellas, you gotta admit, that ass is divine. why let a little brainwashing get in the way of a good smash
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Feb 24, 2019 2:22 AM
Jul 2018
CARR74 said:

Not sure if it's gonna change your mind about him but the anime skipped over his scenes again. In the ln it was stated he was a very lonely child and always had to "pay" with something to even get a tiny bit attention of his parents and siblings, his family in return constantly neglected him and were disappointed with him when he got his calling because they expected him to help out on the fields yet they had no problem to use his wage for themselves while he always had to work with worn clothes and had to eat dry bread.
He's an unloved child and wasn't even allowed to become a father and husband one day because only the oldest son of a family is allowed to marry that's why he believes to be loved you always have to give something back in return and that's why Quinella had an easy time to use his biggest weakness against him.
Feb 24, 2019 3:22 AM

Jan 2015
Dramatic episode. Damn, now Eugeo will fight against Kirito.
Feb 24, 2019 3:52 AM
Jul 2018
Turtles_Hunter said:
Made-In-Heaven said:

Not sure if it's gonna change your mind about him but the anime skipped over his scenes again. In the ln it was stated he was a very lonely child and always had to "pay" with something to even get a tiny bit attention of his parents and siblings, his family in return constantly neglected him and were disappointed with him when he got his calling because they expected him to help out on the fields yet they had no problem to use his wage for themselves while he always had to work with worn clothes and had to eat dry bread.
He's an unloved child and wasn't even allowed to become a father and husband one day because only the oldest son of a family is allowed to marry that's why he believes to be loved you always have to give something back in return and that's why Quinella had an easy time to use his biggest weakness against him.

For once, I agree this was needed. Here it comes out of nowhere, I mean just a mention in the early episodes instead of all those useless endless discussions... So much discussion and they still achieved to miss that.
But even with that it would have been stupid. He just spent 2 years with a friend that really cares about him. Does that count for nothing. Man, I had hope at the beginning of cour 2, because the pacing was better, but now it's the scenario that dives. The bad guy become good while good guy becomes bad trope is so bad.
With recap episode, that I thought was not a thing anymore last week, and such a bad developpment this week, I feel this show drift more and more toward the unintesting. Up until now, I always felt there was a good story under all the defaults. Now I slowly begin to feel it's not the case anymore.

In the end, when I read the threads, I feel like many problems of the show comes from the adaptation team. They are bad, I hope they'll never get another show to adapt... Sure I feel like the source material is not that great, but still decent, and that Alicization could have been an enjoyable ride if well done. But right now I'm just bored by the out of nowhere developpment, the pacing of the first part, the horrible decisions in term of direction of the story and the even more horrible way they present them.

Yes they don't know how to spend the screen time wisely. The Cardinal vs. Quinella flashback wasn't needed for example and neither was the scene with the Operator-girl or Bercouli explaining his skill. What was needed however were the scenes that explained Eugeo's thoughts and background and while I understand they can't put all of it into the anime skipping all over it was a horrible choice because now many fans believe he did it for the "booty". His anime version is almost an insult to his canon version and things like this makes me wish Alicization was animated by studio Shaft instead because they know how to deliver good written characters (the Monogatari series proves this). Then again the studio is most likely not to blame because they only follow the directions I think.
Feb 24, 2019 3:58 AM
Dec 2017
Made-In-Heaven said:
CARR74 said:

I understand, and think that’s really sad and unfair. However, it wasn’t he who spent 2 years inside a killing game. The thing is that people who have weak willpower are the ones I personally hate the most, both in anime and in rl.
Feb 24, 2019 4:06 AM
Jul 2018
CARR74 said:
Made-In-Heaven said:

I understand, and think that’s really sad and unfair. However, it wasn’t he who spent 2 years inside a killing game. The thing is that people who have weak willpower are the ones I personally hate the most, both in anime and in rl.

I think that's a bad comparison. Kirito himself was very weak willed too and you know what helped him to become stronger mentally? His girlfriend Asuna, without her he already would've committed suicide. Eugeo on the other hand had no one he could talk to because his family gave no crap about him and for the next years he had to live with the guilt alone while Kirito's family loved him dearly.
Eugeo was used to not talk to anyone about his deepest problems and because he blames himself he didn't say a word to Kirito because he didn't want to "bother" him even though Kirito would never have seen this as bothersome.

I personally also don't see the issue of being weak willed, that's human and admitting your own weakness and ask for help is a sign of strength in my eyes. We aren't robots after all.
Feb 24, 2019 4:35 AM

Jun 2017
Now this is what I call a faithful adaptation. They adapted pretty much everything properly in this episode. Administrator's manipulation of Eugeo was even creepier than in the novel. The ed really fit well at the ending. The way those walls appeared in Eugeo's mind was brutal.
As others said, I think that they should have shown Eugeo's background in the early episodes. This is what happens when you adapt a 3 cour content into 2 cours.
Chrome_FalconFeb 24, 2019 4:42 AM
Feb 24, 2019 5:08 AM

Feb 2018
I liked how they did the ending scene that was pretty good .
Feb 24, 2019 5:29 AM

Jul 2014
Very strong episode this week. The character development for Alice was excellently handled and once again shows just why Rath is so interested in her: sure, the Dark Territory incident was arguably an accident, but it's clear that she is now actively defying the creators and Administrator. It's also interesting how that was contrasted with Eugeo's descent into Administrator's clutches (not least because it's the first time we've seen Administrator's power in the present), even if it is a little surprising just how easily he gave into her temptation (I feel like we're missing some backstory details that help sell Eugeo as a lonely and isolated person).
Feb 24, 2019 6:00 AM

Sep 2017
Immunix said:
everyone feels depressed or angry at my nibba sad blonde kirito but fellas, you gotta admit, that ass is divine. why let a little brainwashing get in the way of a good smash
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
bless that ass & tiddies Xd
Feb 24, 2019 6:10 AM

Apr 2016
An amazing episode..
The 1st part with Alice disobeying the Administrator and the Rath.. How much anger she had knowing she had her memories removed my Administrator and having the seal in the right eye to make her obedient.
2nd part with Eugeo being manipulated by Quinella. She knew exactly where to look what to say to brainwash Eugeo..
Damn she's so hot. I liked her from the light novel but the anime made her more sexy..

Feb 24, 2019 6:40 AM

Jul 2017
Saya suka saya suka kalo ada adegan ngewenya
G
Feb 24, 2019 7:13 AM

Jun 2017
Raizel said:
New Level of SAO...

I wonder if we have a fight between Kirito and Eugeo after this and seems that their core is protection is that barrier that the ponetix controlling them through it. never realized that Eugeo was that thirsty for love, and how much of his past was true.

tsubasalover said:

ED: "Niji no Kanata e (虹の彼方へ)" by ReoNa (inclu. in ED2 single)

Thanks for this man I completely forgot to ask about that wonderful song.

Yup Gotta Admit it, the Pontifex was hot AF, would that tap 200 yr old AI.
I fokken knew it, poor Eugeo. Alice in team Kirito, now Eugeo is on team Pontifex. Damn, excited to see what happens next.

Also gotta search for pontifex doujins now.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Feb 24, 2019 7:37 AM
Jan 2012
Incoming thin book version... :9
Feb 24, 2019 8:05 AM

Nov 2009
I was thinking that this episode is kinda decent in the Alice segment and then came that mess of a conversation with Eugeo and the Pontifex... that was absolute garbage writing. Holy shit.
Feb 24, 2019 8:28 AM
Dec 2017
Made-In-Heaven said:
CARR74 said:

I think that's a bad comparison. Kirito himself was very weak willed too and you know what helped him to become stronger mentally? His girlfriend Asuna, without her he already would've committed suicide. Eugeo on the other hand had no one he could talk to because his family gave no crap about him and for the next years he had to live with the guilt alone while Kirito's family loved him dearly.
Eugeo was used to not talk to anyone about his deepest problems and because he blames himself he didn't say a word to Kirito because he didn't want to "bother" him even though Kirito would never have seen this as bothersome.

I personally also don't see the issue of being weak willed, that's human and admitting your own weakness and ask for help is a sign of strength in my eyes. We aren't robots after all.
Yeah, you do have a point. But I didn’t really like Kirito too, you know. Comparing Kirito to Eugeo is like comparing a rat to a cockroach (respectively), 😂😂😂😂😂
Feb 24, 2019 8:58 AM
Jan 2018
Hmmmm this is good...
Feb 24, 2019 9:27 AM

Jul 2016
poor eugeo, my bro only wanted to have sex
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» My enjoyment of Alice is kinda ruined because of Darkness from Konosuba

BigBoyAdvance - Mar 24

11 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 24, 10:33 PM

» Anyone else lowkey prefer Alice to Asuna?

Marinate1016 - Jun 25, 2019

47 by Marinate1016 »»
Mar 24, 11:38 AM

» Kirito needs medical help cause this man’s been through it all

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 11

32 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 14, 9:57 AM

» I just finished this and ""O MY GOD ""

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Mar 2

43 by Fenyy »»
Mar 5, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

190 by fssf1606 »»
Feb 12, 2:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.