Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 20, 2019 5:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Eww, these plant monsters.

Looks like Firo's combat abilities continues to improve and she works well with Naofumi for combo attacks. Also noticed that there's a mini-rivalry of sorts between Raphtalia and Firo lol. I find it kinda silly. They still maintain a good friendship though when working together.

Raphatlia also seems to be more and more conscious about Naofumi...
Feb 20, 2019 7:10 AM
Feb 20, 2019 7:11 AM
Dec 2014
ttcchen said:
This eps actually disappointed me. Not only did they add in filler material (2nd half) they also made it so harem-like when in the manga Raph and Firo have a better, closer, family-like bond.

Well all of this is in the LN. Manga skipped this part of the story.
Feb 20, 2019 7:17 AM

Nov 2014
Huex3 said:
ttcchen said:
This eps actually disappointed me. Not only did they add in filler material (2nd half) they also made it so harem-like when in the manga Raph and Firo have a better, closer, family-like bond.

oh my bad
I do like the manga depiction of their relationship better though. They feel more of a family than a harem.
Feb 20, 2019 7:18 AM
Dec 2014
ttcchen said:
Huex3 said:

oh my bad
I do like the manga depiction of their relationship better though. They feel more of a family than a harem.

This is why I like WN more. There is far far less harem-esque scenes. It feels like they put those harem bait for the LN just to pander.
Feb 20, 2019 7:46 AM

Apr 2007
That was fun. Shit is going to get real next episode.
Feb 20, 2019 8:01 AM
a car

Jun 2017
For the record, the hot springs part was a bonus chapter after the epilogue of volume 2, IIRC.

But it is annoying that they made it longer than the actual main story boss fight! Glad to see where Kinema Citrus' priorities lie.
Feb 20, 2019 8:02 AM

Jul 2016
hohoho i cant wait to see the next episode, come to me curse shield!
Feb 20, 2019 8:14 AM

Mar 2012
Naoufumi is such a good protagonists and a lot more realistic

Yeah if u want me to take care of something prepare at least some compensation i aint risking my life for nothing.

Also he brought up a good point if people knew about a legendary monster seed and knew that motayushi brought that seed from said dungeon they really should of put more thought into weather to accept it. Use your head and don't rely on others.

Aww those twi are like siblings as more they are spending time together, and raph is so cute when she is jelly :)

Hoho next week is going to be sooo..good

Feb 20, 2019 8:23 AM

Sep 2014
Lol so they actually went with that bonus chapter from LN. Anyway, an ok yet weak episode overall. Next week's one is the one that will be entertaining.
Feb 20, 2019 8:23 AM

Feb 2018
glad raphtalia and filo made up with each other

Oh boy cursed shield next episode things about to get serious
Feb 20, 2019 8:24 AM
Oct 2018
Should have done the dragon on this episode instead of the onsen and save the onsen for a bonus episode

Feb 20, 2019 8:26 AM
Feb 2017
ttcchen said:
Yea love rivalry between 2 girls is really H A R E M like you re stupid .
Feb 20, 2019 8:35 AM
Apr 2014
So that dragon was likely killed by the Sword Hero, thus causing an epidemic?

Feb 20, 2019 8:38 AM

May 2016
Turned into a really mediocre show these last two episodes.
Feb 20, 2019 8:41 AM

Mar 2017
Such a wholesome episode! It was only a matter of time before Raph fell in love with Naofumi but now we gotta wait for him to fall in love with her. I'm glad that she and Filo grew closer this episode too!
I sorry for Naofumi cause his life seems to consist of fixing Motoyasu's fuck ups... Bakayarou
Feb 20, 2019 8:42 AM

Jul 2014
They really should have saved this after the dragon episode if they wanted to do this bouns chapter.

Anyway, next episode shit finally get real.
Feb 20, 2019 8:43 AM

Mar 2018
The sub-par Re:Zero bit was good enough so why are these last three episodes sub-par Konosuba? I still like this series but they just completely destroys the tone it set up in the first four episoes.
Feb 20, 2019 8:44 AM
Aug 2018
Naofumi is always cleaning the mess of the other heroes lmao
Feb 20, 2019 8:46 AM

Dec 2017
I don't really understand some of the changes they made from the source in this ep. Filo never mentioned in the LN that Naofumi should be her mate in the future, she only wanted him to praise her, nothing more.

The anime makes it hard for me to say that it is not a harem, if it really makes it seem like one. In the LN Filo doesn't think of Naofumi that way, why did they do this here? Really, why?

Overall I liked the episode and I suppose the next one might end on a cliffhanger. But anyway, it's nice to see that the ep didn't go the way it was pictured in the LN, because that would have been another issue altogether. And Rapthalia was absolutely adorable this episode, I just love this girl so much, seriously :D

Can't wait until next week though. I really hope it will be an awesome episode, it should be at least.
Feb 20, 2019 8:46 AM
Aug 2013
That was a truly terrible episode. Just awful.

Hope it picks up soon.

Feb 20, 2019 8:47 AM

Apr 2007
BlackLatias said:
I don't really understand some of the changes they made from the source in this ep. Filo never mentioned in the LN that Naofumi should be her mate in the future, she only wanted him to praise her, nothing more.

The anime makes it hard for me to say that it is not a harem, if it really makes it seem like one. In the LN Filo doesn't think of Naofumi that way, why did they do this here? Really, why?

Overall I liked the episode and I suppose the next one might end on a cliffhanger. But anyway, it's nice to see that the ep didn't go the way it was pictured in the LN, because that would have been another issue altogether. And Rapthalia was absolutely adorable this episode, I just love this girl so much, seriously :D

Can't wait until next week though. I really hope it will be an awesome episode, it should be at least.
is it possoble the translation was off for the mate part? That does seem strange...
Feb 20, 2019 8:47 AM
Dec 2014
BlackLatias said:

I agree with you here, why are they making the anime into a harem bait wtf.

@ttcchen : Now I understand your complain after watching the episode. That shit about Filo wanting Naofumi to be his mate is BS and I don't remember that being in the LN at all.
Feb 20, 2019 8:53 AM

Dec 2017
Killuan said:
BlackLatias said:

is it possoble the translation was off for the mate part? That does seem strange...

It may be? I really hope it was just a mistake in the translation, because if it wasn't it kind of ruins the relationships of the characters :/

Huex3 said:

@ttcchen : Now I understand your complain after watching the episode. That shit about Filo wanting Naofumi to be his mate is BS and I don't remember that being in the LN at all.

Yeah, that really confuses me. They said they didn't want to make it into a harem anime and then this? Really hope it was just a translation mistake.
Feb 20, 2019 9:11 AM

Sep 2018
This episode was kinda Bullshit it had like 0 story development and just a bit of Characterdevelopment for Filo and Rapthtalia....

First i kinda dislike the diretion the show took it feels like Spiece and Wolf the Isekai edition ,but in way way worse and with some ok directed fights

The first episodes where not as bad as most Isekais because they did somethings differently and had some kind of Character development but this episode made me loose way more hope for the show than the last ones,

A Half Human and a Bird want to smash a Human Male....there is maybe just maybe something wrong with that,as for Raphtalia its a bit understandable because he saved him...but for Filo i dont really understand it, she is a Birds and a Bird having feelings for a Human is something i would consider a bit "weird",i dont wanna hurt the feelings of the people that would shmash a Bird in real life but

This episode our Shield Hero drops from being a bit special but not great Protagonist to just a Asshole... a Villiage is in Danger of a Plant and he comes along and doesnt really do much he just uses his ability of the Shield Hero to make him look like something superior,saves the Village but says "give me money or somekind of Payback for doing 10min of work" even though he already took everything they had....not to mention he just gets praised as the NEW Messias by the people in the Villiage....

This show had peaked my interest but slowly starts to devolve to your typical shit Isekai that i will watch anyway,next episode could get better from what ive heard they will go more in depth about the "curse"
-Mullerio-Feb 20, 2019 10:48 AM
Feb 20, 2019 9:13 AM

Apr 2007
BlackLatias said:
Killuan said:

It may be? I really hope it was just a mistake in the translation, because if it wasn't it kind of ruins the relationships of the characters :/

Huex3 said:

Yeah, that really confuses me. They said they didn't want to make it into a harem anime and then this? Really hope it was just a translation mistake.
lets hope so. The script writer specifically said it wasnt going the harem route
Feb 20, 2019 9:18 AM
Apr 2016
Boy I'm pissed with this adaption. Making it feels like I'm watching a damn harem.
Feb 20, 2019 9:21 AM
Dec 2014
Killuan said:
BlackLatias said:

lets hope so. The script writer specifically said it wasnt going the harem route

It didn't stop them from putting harem bait though... This is kinda making me pissed.
Feb 20, 2019 9:23 AM

Oct 2018
Seems like in the next episode we will finally see the curse shield

Can't wait to see what it's like

Also, everyone who's calling this anime a harem already, you have no idea what a harem anime looks like

FFS it's only Rapthalia who's in love with Naofumi, Filo is just a child who's actually a damn bird, who just wants attention from Naofumi, that's all

This is nothing like a harem

And stop calling this/previous episode a filler or useless

Just because there isn't intense drama and fights, it's not a filler
EVERY anime needs episodes like these...
-Aincrad-Feb 20, 2019 9:29 AM
Feb 20, 2019 9:24 AM

Jul 2014
So Filo want Naofumi as her mate now? Raphtalia and Filo should just rape him if they want him that badly tbh ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And Raphtalia think kissing will make her pregnant ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Devil_SlayerFeb 20, 2019 9:30 AM
Feb 20, 2019 9:24 AM

Aug 2016
That second half of the episode was so bad and f'ed up that it was actually hilarious.

And OMG Filo is a cannibal
Feb 20, 2019 9:25 AM
Dec 2018
Raphtalia acending from best girl. Really good episode liked the interaction between raphtalia and filo
Feb 20, 2019 9:29 AM
Oct 2017
This is definitely the weakest episode so far. But it was still pretty entertaining.

All the plant stuff was great, keeping the cynical edge with him charging the villagers for his services and getting some new abilities in the process.

It's a shame the second half of the episode dipped more into the romantic side of things. I applauded the show for sidestepping this and opting for something more wholesome but now we have both Raphtalia and Filo admitting their love for Naofumi and that goodwill is somewhat drained.

At the very least it's very clear they're both still very childlike so it's like a little girl falling in love with a teacher or something and Naofumi is clearly not interested, plus they mixed it in with the boar so it had some point to it instead of just being romantic filler.

Next episode, interesting indeed. Taking a more classic depiction of dragons with killing them having nasty side effects, this is going to be good.
Feb 20, 2019 9:37 AM

Apr 2015
It's amazing how much more I'm able to enjoy this show if it's far far away from its main conflict and just about the comfy adventures of these three.

I've seen some people voice their displeasure with these last 2-3 episodes because they want exactly the opposite so it's certainly comes down to what you want from this show but I can't help but be happy it's being the way it is at the moment.
Feb 20, 2019 9:42 AM

Mar 2014
Naofumi's shield skills are so OP. Just had to boost that herbicide and insta-kill a legendary seed. Loved how he just walked right up to it too thanks to his shield defense. I can't believe he was able to alter the seeds after to make them viable!

Looks like they're going East to cure a plague next-

Curse Shield

OH SHIT
Feb 20, 2019 9:45 AM

Apr 2018
The "beach/onsen" 7th episode hit this series too! Surprised it helped stregthen Filo and Raphtalia's bond rather than anything else... finally their complicity will come out!

-Aincrad- said:
Seems like in the next episode we will finally see the curse shield

Can't wait to see what it's like

Also, everyone who's calling this anime a harem already, you have no idea what a harem anime looks like

FFS it's only Rapthalia who's in love with Naofumi, Filo is just a child who's actually a damn bird, who just wants attention from Naofumi, that's all

This is nothing like a harem

And stop calling this/previous episode a filler or useless

Just because there isn't intense drama and fights, it's not a filler
EVERY anime needs episodes like these...

Thanks! A harem requires a minimum of 3 girls wanting the MC, 2 girls is just a love triangle and nothing more; but being Filo a cute little birb with a human body because she's going to be a Filolial Queen doesn't mean we should count her as a love rival, since she thought Naofumi was more like a father rather than a possible male partner. (in the last episode she even questioned him if he was her biological father or whatever)... probably she heard that word with the "easy meaning" and used it while talking?
Feb 20, 2019 9:46 AM

Jul 2017
What the hell did I just watch?

Jealous love rivalry between Raphtalia and Filo, who btw have the mental age of children. Disgusting

Shield Hero is slowly devolving into a generic harem isekai which is hilarious. Fanboys will still try to deny it though

PS: Naofumi was given a pick hammer as a present.

“I can’t use another item to fight with besides my shield” hur durr. Well, you got one now.
FlexstyleFeb 20, 2019 9:50 AM
Feb 20, 2019 9:55 AM

Dec 2017
Filo steals the spotlight in this episode

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Feb 20, 2019 9:58 AM
Mar 2018
Ok, everything was fine until Filo said that mating line. WTF producers? Even in the source material, there is absolutely no romance between Filo and Naofumi. Why did you make her said that line? It's so weird and out of place, unless that is a mistranslation.
Feb 20, 2019 9:59 AM

Aug 2018
OG_Gattsu said:

Jealous love rivalry between Raphtalia and Filo, who btw have the mental age of children. Disgusting

Shield Hero is slowly devolving into a generic harem isekai which is hilarious. Fanboys will still try to deny it though

“I can’t use another item to fight with besides my shield” hur durr. Well, you got one now.

After reading this I was like "Wtf did I just read?"

1. That jealous rivalry between Raph and Filo is just for attention. I admit that I didn't expect this to happen but I've read the novel and the 2nd part is the Special Chapter from Vol.2

2. Becoming a generic Isekai Harem? Wtf? Even if you consider Filo as a potential love interest it's still not a harem it's considered a LOVE TRIANGLE ( btw sorry I accidentally pressed Post in this part).

also PS: That world has RPG elements so even if he use.a hammer to damage an enemy it doesn't count because that Item is a crafting material according to the world.

Sorry man I had to deny it all because your opinions are wrong. Yeah we fanboys defend the series but even us has problems in this series itself but not shallows as yours.
CleckerooFeb 20, 2019 10:05 AM
Feb 20, 2019 10:05 AM

Jul 2014
OG_Gattsu said:

I am not defending this episode, but if both Filo and Raphtalia wants him, that make the show simply love triangle and not harem
Feb 20, 2019 10:05 AM
Aug 2017
BlackLatias said:

As an anime only that's interesting to hear, thanks for the insight. Hopefully they don't turn it into a harem. But I also like this episode.
Feb 20, 2019 10:07 AM

Dec 2017
OG_Gattsu said:

Nope, he can't. Naofumi already explained it once in the anime (I think) he could also hold a sword in his hand, but as soon as he wants to attack with it, the shield would shock him again, so he'd drop it.

You should just pay attention, seriously.

TheRealNormie said:
BlackLatias said:

As an anime only that's interesting to hear, thanks for the insight. Hopefully they don't turn it into a harem. But I also like this episode.

You're welcome! And the show shouldn't be a harem, normally. At least not for the stuff that will be covered in the anime. Later, yes it does, but right now? No.

The current episode does make me a bit nervous about it, though. Even though the director said it shouldn't be a harem...
BlackLatiasFeb 20, 2019 10:11 AM
Feb 20, 2019 10:08 AM

Jul 2015
well uhm
raph and filo having fun as children should
naofumi enjoying his little harem with kids more

Well...
Feb 20, 2019 10:15 AM

Aug 2018
NovaBlaz said:
Ok, everything was fine until Filo said that mating line. WTF producers? Even in the source material, there is absolutely no romance between Filo and Naofumi. Why did you make her said that line? It's so weird and out of place, unless that is a mistranslation.

Yeah it's really strange that she said that , because she's a child and doesn't know the meaning of MATE or translation error or mate means partner in Philolian ( I guess this will be explained by
)
Feb 20, 2019 10:16 AM
Mar 2017
It was quite decent today's episode, is always a pleasure to see how Naofumi continues to gain "popularity". He also had to clean up the mess of the idiot of the spear and his filthy bitch, but despite the hard work, he managed to obtain a new skill and very useful that will help him get more financial support.
Firo has proven to be a great acquisition to the team in these episodes and seeing that she is so pampered makes me laugh a lot, although this does not please Raphtalia.
Raphtalia jealous is very adorable, I love her pouting face, but I remember that she and Firo get along very well in the manga and their rivalry for Naofumi's love was not so annoying.
The town of hot springs and the mini adventure of Raphtalia and Firo were a surprise, since in the end it served for both girls to get along better and their bond of companions was strengthened.
Apparently in the next episode Naofumi will have to clean up the mess of Ren, who eliminated a dragon and let his body rot, at least that showed the last image.
Feb 20, 2019 10:17 AM
Nov 2016
Was a decent episode, but I really hope it gets better soon.
Feb 20, 2019 10:18 AM

Jul 2017
Cleckeroo said:
OG_Gattsu said:

1. That jealous rivalry between Raph and Filo is just for attention. I admit that I didn't expect this to happen but I've read the novel and the 2nd part is the Special Chapter from Vol.2

2. Becoming a generic Isekai Harem? Wtf? Even if you consider Filo as a potential love interest it's still not a harem it's considered a LOVE TRIANGLE ( btw sorry I accidentally pressed Post in this part).

also PS: That world has RPG elements so even if he use.a hammer to damage an enemy it doesn't count because that Item is a crafting material according to the world.

Sorry man I had to deny it all because your opinions are wrong. Yeah we fanboys defend the series but even us has problems in this series itself but not shallows as yours.

1. While Raphtalia and Filo are looking for his attention it’s apparent they love him. Even Filo was looking for the egg to “mate” with Shield hero

2. Can you read? I said devolving into a harem, meaning it’s the start. You weebs think the distinction between a love triangle and harem makes this any better is hilarious.

3. Stop with your headcanon. If he can wield a hammer, he can use it in battle

Stfu about “your opinions are wrong”. Nothing you said changed my stance. You blind fanboys don’t criticise SH, you dickride everything in this poorly written Isekai. You’ve only responded to criticism in this thread, so don’t lie kid.
FlexstyleFeb 20, 2019 10:43 AM
Feb 20, 2019 10:26 AM

Aug 2018
OG_Gattsu said:
Cleckeroo said:

1. While Raphtalia and Filo are looking for his attention it’s apparent they love him. Even Filo was looking for the egg to “mate” with Shield hero

2. Can you read? I said devolving into a harem, meaning it’s the start. You weebs think there being a love triangle makes this any better is hilarious

3. Stop with your headcanon. If he can wield a hammer, he can use it in battle

Stfu about “your opinions are wrong”. Nothing you said changed my stance. You blind fanboys don’t criticise SH, you dickride everything in this poorly written Isekai so don’t lie to yourself.

You mad mate? Hahahha this is hilarious. Let me speak as a LN and WN reader

Raphtalia is the only one that loves Naofumi in this part of the story and Filo sorry to disappoint you but she loves Naofumi as a fatherly figure not a love interest, she has her own agenda with her bestfriend. I can criticize the series right on your face right now, this is in fact the weakest arc of the series so far because it's toned down prior to the 1st episodes. The animation is bad (for me) some has really weird things going on. ( pressed the post button again I'm in my mobile right now so it's hard) Edited: The part of Filo said MATE I was really suprised because the source material doesn't imply that Filo wants Naofumi as a mate.

If you think that this series is devolving you're half right and half wrong because if you're an anime only it's understandable but if you already read the sources, that's the turning point, it gets interesting after the next episode and some of your question will be answered.

I will throw your question right back at you, "can you read?" I already explained to you that even he uses the hammer as a weapon it will deal no damage to the enemy (additional) or if he used it to attack the Shield will reject it.

Like I said your problems with this show is really shallow and can be answered by waiting for more episodes. I'm a fan of Shield hero since the WN days but I can point out some major flaws of the plot. Also stop using the word dickriding it's ridiculous.
CleckerooFeb 20, 2019 10:39 AM
Feb 20, 2019 10:26 AM

Mar 2016
the little competition going on between Raphtalia and Filo is all the worth watching.

ROFL at that razorback's "oh shit" expression.........yep, he done fucked up xDD
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2019

242 by SanessyAdversary »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2019

271 by Der_Body »»
Yesterday, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2019

169 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2019

195 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 7:56 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 29, 2019

428 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 1:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.