Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 4, 2019 6:22 AM

Feb 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I was sure that was evil Saga when that dimension appeared.
That was the only decent part of this episode.
Feb 4, 2019 7:14 AM

Sep 2011
Just listening to Aioria gave me goosebumps. lol "Lightning Plasma!" <3

Nice that Mii finally had a fight too, even though it was short and well, uninspiring. But things are progressing! The animation was really bad this time though, not that it was flawless before or something, but this episode was the first to really bother me.
Feb 4, 2019 11:36 AM

Oct 2013
Good Aioros' cameo and Aioria's whole performance was truly charming. It was great to see Lightning Plasma, Lightning Bolt and Atomic Thunderbolt again.
I liked the moment in which Aioria had to face Another Dimension, even if the same moment in the manga left a bigger impression on me than the analogues one adapted in the anime.

Mayura attacked Eris and wanted to defeat her in a regular duel. It was a cool thing, although it could've been better, mostly about visuals and dynamics.

Art quality and animations looked awful. I think that was the worst looking episode so far.
AdnashFeb 4, 2019 2:01 PM
Feb 4, 2019 10:43 PM

Dec 2015
Well, this felt fast and yet uneventful. And it began with a very weird Mu face (poor man, he got the worst treatment of all the things drawn in the episode)

So, oin the anime, the girl is really Eris and isn't simply lying and manipulating the Dryads? I don't understand.

Fayrin said:
Mii had a fight, even though it was uninspiring.

Was this a badly presented Seventh Sense temporary awakening?
No blood whatsoever... seriously? What's the point of broadcasting this in such a private manner then?? Also, I loved how cheerful Mii's childhood was, is this a joke? XD

Between Saga's resurrection (yet again... but this time not the real one but the Hades spirit! yeaaah...) and all the major actors, I sense a strong vibe of Gold-ploitation here... it's really on the verge of forgetting who are the actual heroes (in the Seiya manga, the Hades beginning was a good idea but it came after more than 15tomes focused on the five boys).

1/5

@Adnash93 Yes, by blood, I meant also the usual lines appearing on bodies (bruises, etc) after they fall or are hit.

gfsdfgsdgsdfgs said:
We're left with an Aioria vs Saga battle, Miro tearing up the place, and Shoko heading to her sister. Mii is passed out, Xiao may be in danger, Mu is guarding Athena, the Gold and Bronze Saints are defending Sanctuary!

Meanwhile, the comatose "Bronze Five" are hospitalized !

About Mii's fight, you should check a few pages of the chapter in question, just to get a bit of what you want instead of the strict minimum the TV show offered here.

@leanrv TOEI is only paying. It's Gonzo, the lost star of the digital 2000s, who actually produces episodes.
Rei_IIIFeb 8, 2019 12:09 PM
Feb 5, 2019 7:31 AM

Jun 2013
Animation in 2019 but too bad. Mu's face looks very bad and his move as well.
Feb 5, 2019 4:59 PM

Oct 2013
Rei366 said:

Was this a badly presented Seventh Sense temporary awakening?
No blood whatsoever... seriously? What's the point of broadcasting this in such a private manner then?? Also, I loved how cheerful Mii's childhood was, is this a joke? XD

Naah, I don't think it was Seventh Sense's omen or something related to Seventh Sense. It looked more like a classic power boost because of Mii was about to loose and literally burnt her Cosmo to the limits, but without reaching Seventh Sense.

About this scene as a whole, it was indeed poorly adapted. I wouldn't call it even an adaptation, because some important elements present in the manga were omitted, and everything serious about it looked simply hilarious (i.e. that "Mii's awesome childhood" you mentioned in your post). Even if we forget about the manga, then it won't change the fact this scene was poorly made. The fight between Mii and Emony was not only rushed, but also looked silly (especially when Emony was destroyed by Mii's attack).

Regarding the lack of blood, it's not the only problem. Sure, blood in intensive fighting scenes could bring a lot of realism, but here we don't even have dirt. Everything is so clean, regardless if characters are thrown to the ground or are just pushed back by shockwaves. It's sad that the overal quality of graphics is getting worse and worse...
Feb 6, 2019 7:12 AM

Jun 2016
Hmm, I see a lot of hate but I actually enjoyed this episode! It is very spontaneous and dynamic with a lot going on at once but all of it being easy to follow. That said, a slower pace would be very nice. I also wanted to note that despite the art and animation being unfortunately sub par I think the music is wonderful!!! It really is great all the time.

So, we have Eris finally at her fullest thanks to the Sanctuary battles blood and war fueling her(I think) and due to that she's able to resurrect her warriors stronger than ever as well as resurrect ghosts on a wide scale and even bring back Saga's exorcised evil spirit revealing him to be more grotesque than ever. Aioria and Mayura were the first to move in which is quite fitting of both but sadly Mayura was sent away by Eris and Aioria got in a fight with Saga! Their screaming while grabbing each others fists really made me laugh... it was so overblown and I loved it for that. Meanwhile Miro heads in after Aioria and Shoko gets attacked by Ate and we learn that Eris grows her people like she grows her ghosts from the ground, as long as she's around they can come back too. Shoko struggles in this fight and Mu shows off in an incredibly cool moment where he was unphased by her vines and used them against her treating her as a hostage temporarily, it was my favorite part of the episode! Mu is moved by Shoko's resolve and understands her fate links the two sisters and sends her to fight Eris despite the fact that he's the one who wanted them not to play into Eris's hands. Like seriously Mu??? She wants Shoko to come to her!!! Don't just send her to Eris. Anyways Mu stays behind to protect Saori's body and Mii & Xiaoling being left alone leaves them as prey to Emony and maybe even Phonos if he got Xiaoling. Mii wins that fight and we're left with an Aioria vs Saga battle, Miro tearing up the place, and Shoko heading to her sister. Mii is passed out, Xiao may be in danger, Mu is guarding Athena, the Gold and Bronze Saints are defending Sanctuary! What a set up all in one episode and while I wish it focused on the Mii and Emony confrontation far more that was really fun to watch. The flow of this engagement is really exciting.

I do wish the ghosts weren't faceless fodder though, one thing I love about Saint Seiya is how even the villains are all memorable with their own design and personality.

Adnash93 said:
It looked more like a classic power boost because of Mii was about to loose and literally burnt her Cosmo to the limits, but without reaching Seventh Sense.

I felt the same! I love these cheesy moments in the original where the saints push themselves to the point of igniting their cosmos and growing stronger. We saw it all the time in the original and I think we did before the seventh sense was introduced. Sadly, despite the notion being charming: Emony thinking to fully devote yourself to someone in a selfless nature is pointless and that her and Eris have a relationship due to the mutual gain and Mii showing her that true selfless mutual action can be done ultimately powering her up, if it was longer and more drawn out it would have benefited so much... Imagine if Mii was getting beaten time and time again and her love for Saori and sense of duty kept getting her up, blood and dirt is everywhere, but Mii finally ignites her cosmos when Emony tells her how pointless it is to selflessly fight for someone as she is so disgusted by her that she, using one big blow, takes her out. Now that would have been the cheesy Saint Seiya I love, but either way it was still enjoyable to me, I liked seeing Mii take the spotlight for once and show up Shoko who was unable to win in her fight!
Feb 6, 2019 10:58 AM

Jul 2009
Saga again! He never gives up...
Feb 6, 2019 7:39 PM
Oct 2017
This was painful to watch, almost on par with that infamous episode 5 of Dragon Ball Super. Toei needs to step up their animation game.

EDIT: @Rei366 I stand corrected, then it's Gonzo I will start a war of a thousand days with lol. For real though it looked awful. Stiff characters, faces that don't match the show's regular design even in close ups, overuse of "just animating the mouth for this one" scenes...
It didn't help that there was a fight against a GIANT TEDDY BEAR. I mean Seiya has always been about mythological characters and themes... Maybe I missed something but it seemed so out of place.
leanrvFeb 8, 2019 12:23 PM
Oct 5, 2020 7:44 AM

Aug 2017
Animation is terrible and things make no sense:

1) Aries Mū saying that he will stay in the Sanctuary to see what Eris is planning to do there but later he appear and conveniently save Shoko. She would be better defeating the villain on her own as she hasn't been seen winning a single battle since the series began.
2) Saga's evil self being resurrected is just an excuse to made Aiolia fight.
3) Mayura can locate Eris but stronger characters cannot or are far behind for some inexplicable reason.
4) Emony is supposedly more powerful now but she's defeated with the same technique.

Awful 1/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.

More topics from this board

» Can you watch this with no prior Saint Seiya experience or knowledge?

Lloydy33 - Jan 14, 2021

4 by Vector5003 »»
Jul 2, 2022 10:22 PM

» Watch or drop

literally_boba - Jun 25, 2021

4 by Saint-Sheepy »»
Oct 21, 2021 9:23 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: Saintia Shou Episode 10 Discussion

Illyricus - Feb 18, 2019

23 by Nurguburu »»
Oct 5, 2020 10:48 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: Saintia Shou Episode 9 Discussion

Fayrin - Feb 11, 2019

8 by Nurguburu »»
Oct 5, 2020 9:08 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: Saintia Shou Episode 7 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Jan 28, 2019

16 by Nurguburu »»
Oct 4, 2020 11:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.