Forum Settings
Forums

you are not anime fans! - your thought on this?

New
Jan 16, 2019 7:21 PM

Oct 2018
I have argument with my friend recently and he claimed that he don't want to marry with real girl, he want 2d girl or something like that, and of course I straight away said "that's creepy". maybe it' kind of harsh but i'm not regret saying that.

there is also some case too where I don't have any of anime figure or toys which he got plenty of it. don't get me wrong I love the anime but it just i don't have enough money to buy it (ofcouse at the same time I aslo think it is waste of money)

and he replied "what? You call yourself otaku?" and "You are not otaku if you don't have this kind of things." " you are not real anime lover" - something like that...

so? what your thought on this? i have to admit it crazy and stupid. I'm an big fans of anime and otaku but to go that level is really too far...to the point that i reach conclusion that there are two type of otaku...Crazy otaku and Mature otaku....yeah mature otaku is to know the limit between reality and fiction.

and at the same time I want to ask you all, what kind of otaku I am?
Jan 16, 2019 7:23 PM

Jan 2019
You are only an otaku if you are Japanese.
Jan 16, 2019 7:30 PM

Dec 2018
I think you should

A. Distance yourself from that friend

B. Not care what people think of you. Just do what makes you happy.
Lolicons are scum.
BABYMETAL is more metal than Metallica.
Naruto is objectively the best anime ever.
HxH 99' is decent. HxH 11' is bad.
Jan 16, 2019 7:42 PM

Sep 2018
Okay... so if this is real (pretty sure this is just bait) just uh... never talk to that person ever again.
Jan 16, 2019 7:44 PM

Jan 2009
i will give you a benefit of the doubt on this

your friend is taking this fandom thing too far might even call him an extremist fan
Jan 16, 2019 7:45 PM

Dec 2018
You're just a normal anime fan while your friend here is a big weeb and you shouldn't care when he said you're not an otaku I mean being an otaku is not something you should proud of

Also "mature" and "crazy"? I think you mean here is an otaku and a weeb
iLbcoVEJan 16, 2019 7:53 PM

"O kawaii koto"
( ´• ᴗ •` )

I wish i could love myself~

Jan 16, 2019 7:46 PM

Dec 2017
Your friend is living evidence that anime was a mistake. /s

Least degenerate visual novel enjoyer.

Jan 16, 2019 7:47 PM

Aug 2017
I mean I once wanted to marry my bed but the alarm kept ringing so I had to break up with it.
Jan 16, 2019 7:49 PM

May 2017
You are the type of otaku who likes to lie.

"というわけで。待望の、体 操 服! でっあ~る。祭りであれば、余も着飾ってはいられぬと用意したが……うむ! 心身ともに軽くなったようだ。どうだ? 似合っているであろう、マスター?" - Random Quote From Internet by Saber Nero

Jan 16, 2019 8:23 PM

Jun 2015
Stoorainclaire said:
OP talks a lot of shit
IN REALITY, OP is the friend!

jajajajajaja
Jan 16, 2019 8:25 PM

Aug 2015
He's right you know, how dare you claim to be one of us yet you don't have figurines and various other merchandise.

I don't know where to start on your 3DPD... you've been indoctrinated by the real world too much. Smh
SomeEdgeLord said:

I WILL report you from this forum if this continues.
In real life, I am one of the coldest, unsympathetic, people you'll ever know, who's grown up in an even colder household, you really don't want me to break my persona, I know how to make people feel bad.

YearnsforAttention said:
hm who has 1656 friends on MAL
that's right me
bye bye

YearnsforAttention said:
I don't want your approval
how many damn times do I need to say it
I enjoy irritating you
I am gonna do things MY way
Jan 16, 2019 8:27 PM
Jul 2018
I hate to break it to you. But your friend is a mistake. You should tell him that.
Jan 16, 2019 8:30 PM
Feb 2017
You're just a regular anime fan, while your friend seems to be more of a weeb as he is seems to collect a lot of anime merchandise.
Jan 17, 2019 1:15 AM

May 2015
You are the type of fan who enjoys watching anime, he just has an extra hobby of collecting things.
Jan 17, 2019 1:50 AM

Mar 2016
If someone has to go out of their way to boast about how "otaku" they are, then they're trying too hard. Way too hard.
I still cringe to this day when I think about people outside of Japan referring to themselves as such.
Rescue22Jan 17, 2019 1:54 AM
Jan 17, 2019 2:12 AM

Aug 2015
You have a retarded friend that's for sure.
Jan 17, 2019 2:14 AM
Jul 2018
You're friend sounds like a fucking weeb, lmao. But he is right, 2D > 3D
Jan 17, 2019 2:23 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Stoorainclaire said:
I have argument with my friend recently and he claimed that he don't want to marry with real girl, he want 2d girl or something like that, and of course I straight away said "that's creepy". maybe it' kind of harsh but i'm not regret saying that.

If you think that's creepy then I encourage you to dive into the world of niche fetishes

I promise you, lad, that is absolutely nothing in terms of depravity

Stoorainclaire said:
and he replied "what? You call yourself otaku?" and "You are not otaku if you don't have this kind of things." " you are not real anime lover" - something like that...

Iunno what you are but your friend sounds like a fucking moron if that's his response

Stoorainclaire said:
so? what your thought on this? i have to admit it crazy and stupid. I'm an big fans of anime and otaku but to go that level is really too far...to the point that i reach conclusion that there are two type of otaku...Crazy otaku and Mature otaku....yeah mature otaku is to know the limit between reality and fiction.

Reality and fiction are separate, and your friend is separating them, literally referenced that separation by referring to it as 2D, which from my experience, literally just is code for a fictional animated character

Being into 2D doesn't really mean a loss of a grip on reality and fiction for fuck's sake, neither does merch collecting or anything of that nature that you brought up

I think you are strongly overreacting and being more than a bit presumptuous tbh, should step back a bit and just ease up

Tell him to fuck off if he begins on some spiel of LEL YOU'RE NOT A TRUE ANIME FAN IF YOU DON'T DO THINGS HOW I DO THEM though, that's pretty much the biggest problem I see out of everything you outlined, not only because of what's being asserted, but merely going "u no true fan" in of itself is...eghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Why would a sentence like that ever leave someone's mouth, it's so stupid
ManabanJan 17, 2019 2:35 AM

Jan 17, 2019 2:43 AM

Mar 2018
First, you straight away said he's creepy for having a thing for 2D girls. I don't have one myself, but I'd rather transport my consciousness into a void than date any real girl (simply cause most girls nowadays are not worth it).

Second, you're not an otaku cause you're not Japanese. You're a weeb, like most peeps around this place. Of course, buying stuff like that is pretty fanboish, and he's definitely wrong you're not an anime fan cause you don't have that petty stuff, but I bet he said that to get back at you for calling him creepy xD
Silently waiting for WW3 to come and kill everyone while I die smoking weed and drinking coke 🚬👌
Jan 17, 2019 2:49 AM

May 2014
When people say "You're not a real fan of X" then that person is being really childish. You're an anime fan if you watch and enjoy anime, that's all there is to it. You don't need to buy stuff to be a "real" one.
Jan 17, 2019 2:51 AM

Jul 2014
Your friend is just being way too much of a critic.

Take me for an example...I've been watching Anime for pretty much my entire life yet, I don't own any figures or merchandise in general. (If you count DVD's & Blu-rays and merchandise that'd be it.)

I think if you take what he says personally you probably shouldn't hang around him anymore. You're an Anime fan because you watch the series/movies. That's all there is to it.
Jan 17, 2019 2:56 AM

Oct 2010
Your friend need to go out asap. You don't have to prove anything to anime, it's just some weird show.
Jan 17, 2019 4:36 AM

Sep 2014
There's no such thing as a "real" or "fake" fan. If you watch and enjoy anime, you're a fan. That's all there is to it. The notion that you must own a certain amount of merchandise to be a "real fan" is just childish gatekeeping.
Jan 29, 2019 1:04 PM
Nov 2018
I love my wife so i'm completely against cheating.
Jan 29, 2019 10:29 PM

Oct 2018
MahoMaho88 said:
You're friend sounds like a fucking weeb, lmao. But he is right, 2D > 3D

You’re right, he is a dirty weeb. But if you think 2D girls are better than 3D girls, you’re no better than him ._.
Jan 29, 2019 11:14 PM
Jul 2018
Be proud of yourself for being a healthy human being and keep that up. Guess who will be forever alone then; it might be not you.
Jan 30, 2019 3:36 AM

Aug 2017
Your friend is annoying. Leave him.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 30, 2019 3:40 AM

Apr 2012
You are yourself. Your friend is himself. There is no need to define some pigeonholes and then worry about whether you belong in them. Just continue doing whatever you want to do, and don't worry about things like that.
Jan 30, 2019 3:41 AM

Sep 2016
logopolis said:
You are yourself. Your friend is himself. There is no need to define some pigeonholes and then worry about whether you belong in them. Just continue doing whatever you want to do, and don't worry about things like that.

Pretty much this
Gatekeeping frustrates me. Surely you want what you love to grow.
And while I don't understand wanting to marry a 2D girl over a real one, that's their prerogative I guess

300th pun
xchyssa said:
You got some nice viewpoint there, I always know I can't fool you with my sharpest tagging skills

Jan 30, 2019 11:04 AM

Apr 2018
You like anime = you are an anime fan. Simple as that.
Jan 30, 2019 11:13 AM

Mar 2017
Your friend has made the fatal error of using an interest as a substitute for an identity. It's quite common in nerd communities like ours.

Watch what you like. Buy stuff only if you can reasonably afford it and you genuinely like having it. Tell the gate-keepers to fuck themselves.
"Bang." -Spike Spiegal

"Everything... is connected." -Lain Iwakura

"Life is too short to watch bad anime. Long Live the 1st Episode Drop." -InkSpider

"Anime fans make me embarrassed to be an anime fan." -InkSpider
Jan 30, 2019 11:17 AM

Jul 2017
if he said that it means he's a shitty human being and you should stop befriending him. I hate people who say this kind of thing.
" a real... would do that"
like who the fuck are you to determine if I'm a real [anything] or not you fucking asshole

tell him that(more nicely than I did) and depending on his answer stop or continue hanging out with him.
Jan 30, 2019 11:19 AM

Aug 2018
The only one who can decide if you are an anime fan is yourself...no one else can decide it for you

"I want to show that woman the true Yoshikage Kira. I want her to hear how I feel deep inside. That I want to take your slender neck into these hands and strangle you to death."

Jan 30, 2019 11:36 AM

Nov 2018
just introduce your friend to some girls with real personality, real life and real body.
and you're the type of fan that should be proud with yourself for staying sane & healthy
Jan 30, 2019 12:18 PM

Jan 2018
Your friend is close to becoming a weeaboo
Jan 30, 2019 12:28 PM

May 2018
I don't wanna be called a fan because this word smells like some weeb shit. Leave it to dumb fanboys. I'd better call myself an anime gourmet (not elitist though, elitists are cancer, too)
As for idiots who have an obsession - they are sick and pathetic
Nemo_NiemandJan 30, 2019 12:32 PM

Jan 30, 2019 12:38 PM

Aug 2018
Actually umm you only get your otaku certificate after you get Japanese citizenship and marry an anime girl but you gotta get it on paper and make it official from a legal standpoint otherwise you're a poser, so your friend is misinformed as well please pass this info onto him

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you have ridiculously long ptw list? ( 1 2 3 )

Cammell - May 8

113 by Timeline_man »»
1 minute ago

» Are you involved in any fandom activity?

RobertBobert - 1 hour ago

10 by Mishiia »»
4 minutes ago

» Your longest record/streak ( 1 2 )

Yonahim_Zz - Yesterday

65 by chocomayu »»
20 minutes ago

» mal/Confessions

NoelleIsSleepy - 4 hours ago

25 by RobertBobert »»
27 minutes ago

» Do you wish your culture was more represent in anime?

Spunkert - Apr 27

44 by InstantRamenKing »»
35 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.