3It was OK
1.0%
2Disliked it
0.7%
1Hated it
0.3%
Average 4.9
293 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 24, 2008 4:37 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I was already in tears at Akari's promotion exam scene. So happy to see Akari promoting to Prima and so sad to see the whole ARIA story now going toward the grand finale.I remember all the scenes and characters in the first and second season. Congraturations. Akari the Aqua Marine!!

To avoid making more victims, I hid my comment.
dtshykMay 6, 2008 3:53 PM
Mar 25, 2008 11:59 AM

Jan 2008
Um. You could at least encase your post in a spoiler tag, if you're going to post about an episode that hasn't been subtitled yet.
Mar 25, 2008 4:04 PM

Feb 2008
StarCreator said:
Um. You could at least encase your post in a spoiler tag, if you're going to post about an episode that hasn't been subtitled yet.

Is that a local rule for ARIA? At least for Shigofumi and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, people start discussions when it's aired without any special care.
I will quickly remove this comment when I get the answer.sorry for disturbing the entry
====edited
For this particular case, I hid my comments and I'll do it for the next final episode. I also decided to leave this discussion because I wanna warn people not to open a discussion entry of an episode you haven't watch.
dtshykMar 26, 2008 2:07 AM
Mar 25, 2008 4:11 PM

Mar 2007
dtshyk said:
StarCreator said:

Is that a local rule for ARIA? At least for Shigofumi and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, people start discussions when it's aired. without any special care.

People who read the threads started by raw watchers will have to blame themselves. Just like I'm doing right now.. For reading this.. I just wanted to know.. Oh how I hate myself right now.
Mar 30, 2008 4:25 AM

Mar 2007
I'm quite sure there is no rule that states episodes need to be subbed before discussion, people who haven't yet seen the episode shouldn't enter the thread if they don't want to be spoiled.

I don't like how Aikas promotion was handled, she was almost completely cast aside. Also things are happening too fast, I would've preferred them all to stay singles or at least have the promotions a bit apart. The pace is not as relaxed as I wish it to be.
Mar 30, 2008 4:54 AM

Feb 2008
sitha said:

I don't like how Aikas promotion was handled, she was almost completely cast aside. Also things are happening too fast, I would've preferred them all to stay singles or at least have the promotions a bit apart. The pace is not as relaxed as I wish it to be.

Actually they skipped one episode in manga where Akari started to think about the future. Seems like it's gonna be DVD only episode. If they make the next final episode just as it is in the manga, you'll notice what it is all about.
May 6, 2008 3:46 PM

Jan 2007
omg, that was soooooooooooooo good. One of the disadvantages of this type of episode was that you knew Akari was gonna pass unlike what happend with Alice, but this was done really well. I was quite impressed even going as far as to say that it was better than Alice's promotion. Even I got nervous in this episode. I loved how everyone was cheering on Akari, and I absolutely love the name for her. Job well done. Onto the last episode T_T

Faust721May 6, 2008 3:56 PM
May 6, 2008 8:35 PM

Jan 2008
I was thinking that this epi wasn't living up to it's importance... and then Alicia's promotion speach just killed and made it the epi it should be. Aquamarine ~ a fitting name for the future waterfairy desu ne?
May 7, 2008 8:21 AM

Feb 2008
datsunvic said:
Aquamarine ~ a fitting name for the future waterfairy desu ne?

qft

i just knew something bad was going to happen to akari when woody mentioned where the wallet had been ;)

wonder if what alicia has to tell her is that she plans to leave the same way grandma did :(
May 7, 2008 8:24 AM

Mar 2007
I cried twice, again!
Congratulations, Aquamarine Akari.
May 20, 2008 12:46 AM

Dec 2007
yatta, akari is a prima now
grats aquamarine akari

Sumeragi Kururu - Pledge Queen of Tool Toul To

Jul 4, 2008 2:49 AM

Jan 2008
Faust721 said:
omg, that was soooooooooooooo good. One of the disadvantages of this type of episode was that you knew Akari was gonna pass unlike what happend with Alice, but this was done really well.
My thoughts exactly. But still a beautiful episode.
Sep 30, 2008 4:20 PM

Nov 2007
I don't see why Alicia has to retire because Akari becomes a Prima. That would be so sad.

The pace IS bit too fast, but I think the point is that their senseis don't want them to be the last single.(Think Akira's situation). Akira rushed it so that Aika wouldn't be the last one, and Aika being torn up by realising that she, the non-genius, is leaving Akari last was absolutely adorable. Of course, Alicia feels the same.
Nov 21, 2008 8:41 PM

Jan 2008
This was a great episode~ The way Akari's promotion was presented was beautifully done! Aquamarine is definitely a good name for Akari - she loves Aqua and marine is just another word for her entire world, the water~ Although, I was a bit disappointed with the way Aika's promotion to Prima was presented... Why was Alice such a big deal and not Aika?... =\

Amazing sig set thanks to -DraGonZ-
Dec 17, 2008 12:30 PM

Oct 2008
I thought her title means she's now a soldier for the planet Aqua, to protect it from evil. Boy was I off.

Nice episode, but everything is ending so fast... Such a change from the rest of the series...
Mar 13, 2009 11:46 PM

Feb 2009
Lovely episode, I only wish they made this season 26 episodes long!
I like anime and stuff
Apr 10, 2009 1:01 AM

Sep 2008
I have no idea how this show has even began screwing with my heart. I hated seeing Aika before Akari; my heart felt like it was twisted, suffocating, yet I knew it was going to happen. Akari was just too good of a person to hold such petty emotions, so I probably harbored all the hate, a polar opposite to her. Being alone is hard, being last... even for a moment.

What I hate most is the rapid succession of Primas. It's like the system runs on pressure from other companies. Perhaps it was the only way to not separate the trio, but I feel as though it was the wrong thing to do.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 27, 2009 6:31 PM

Aug 2008
Another Amazing Episode.. From the second she got onto her last gondola ride as a single I was swelling with pride and tears, the same way a parent would when their child graduated or gotten married. I knew, though at sometimes I wish I didn't that the Undines we all came to love and adore were growing up and Akari was no exception showing everyone shes impacted during her stay on Aqua really made me realize this.

Congratulations Akari Mizunashi, Aquamarine of the Distant Blue.

Sitha said:

I felt this was as well, as Aika's promotion took place in the opening sequence, Sure they gave insight of this happening in the previous episode, I thought that she too, would get her own time as both Alice and Akari did. I'm glad however, to see that Akira shared my sentiments whenever Aika was promoted to Prima.

Faust721 said:
omg, that was soooooooooooooo good. One of the disadvantages of this type of episode was that you knew Akari was gonna pass unlike what happend with Alice, but this was done really well.

This is true! With Alicia talking about it and her friends becoming Prima we all knew it was her turn. But I don't think we were ready for the way it happened. It was a wonderful sequence and a perfect way to show just how much Akari has grown during her time as an Undine.

HawthorneKitty said:
I have no idea how this show has even began screwing with my heart. I hated seeing Aika before Akari; my heart felt like it was twisted, suffocating, yet I knew it was going to happen. Akari was just too good of a person to hold such petty emotions, so I probably harbored all the hate, a polar opposite to her. Being alone is hard, being last... even for a moment.

When Akari figured out that Aika was a prima (though we knew it was going go happen) It really affected me as well, I felt as though Akari was "losing" her friends one by one, as with their new responsibilities they wouldn't have enough time to be a close as they were. I felt what I thought Akari would have been feeling, sadness emptiness, and just a general feeling of isolation. But these weren't the feelings someone like Akari would have. She was as cheerful as ever and happy at her friends success. It's a part of growing up that's hard for everyone. And she handled it wonderfully

Jun 26, 2009 6:21 AM

Apr 2008
sobs .. why does this series have to end T-T one more episode left ...

lovely episode

Oct 6, 2009 7:26 PM

Sep 2008
I cried again. ;.; Aria is an amazing series, I've shed more tears than should be allowed even though it isn't really "so incredibly horribly tragic and depressing." Didn't think that was possible.
Only one more... D:
Nov 21, 2009 7:27 AM

Apr 2009
hmm.. it's ok that they did not elaborate on Aika's promotion as seeing too much of the same thing might kill the scenery..

again.. another beautiful episode.. i really like Akari's title as Aquamarine.. unlike the others which tend to be more related about themselves, this title makes it feel like Akari is one with Aqua and i love how Alicia explained it..
Jan 24, 2010 11:15 PM

Jan 2009
Yay everyone's a Prima!
Happy happy happy!!

Mar 20, 2010 9:16 PM

Aug 2009
YEA SON THE MOMENT I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR, THE THREE OF THEM BECOMING PRIMA. OMG HOW HAPPY I WAS WHEN I SAW THEIR GLOVES BEING TAKEN OFF BY THEIR SENIORS. Fuck, this season is absolutely the best. Let's see now we got Orange Princess, Rozen Queen, and Aqua Marine. <3

Okay so in the beginning I was like "The fuck Aika? Why can't you practice with Akari anymore?" and then all of a sudden I was like "OHHH FUCK YOU'RE A PRIMA NOW LOL NICE." Congratulations Rozen Queen.

Akari becoming a prima sure was a lovely site to see. I thought at first that she's going to fail but those practices with Aika and Alice sure paid off as she aced that test everyone in the traghetto failed, lol. Congratulations Aqua Marine.

I wonder what was the important thing Alicia is going to say to Akari in the end. Damn it, we got a cliffhanger as an ending for this episode. Now I'm really curious as to what Alicia might say to Akari!
Mar 22, 2010 5:36 AM

Oct 2008
Yay, akari is a prima. Aquamarine sounds nice, suits her. Wonder what Alicia has to say.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Apr 12, 2010 9:38 AM

Apr 2010
Loved it!<33

Apr 12, 2010 9:38 AM

Apr 2010
Loved it!<33

May 17, 2010 2:07 PM

Jan 2010
totally previsible :p
but i still loved it :),congratulations Akari,but in my oppinion you should've become Prima long before Aika and Alice

1 episode left,and the beautiful aria fairytale will be over :(...oh well,when good things end,find new ones :)

aria taught me that you have to be happy,and so i am :)

5/5 and Aria the origination=#2 spot in my top5 fav anime series
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
May 29, 2010 8:12 PM

Sep 2009
Why, why, WHY won't MAL let me have this as a 15/10? T___T Even though it was quite obvious Alicia wouldn't fail Akari after such a performance, I was still nervous and rooting (out loud o_o) to Akari the whole way. A slice-of-life show with a complete resolution...you can't beat Aria. Congratulations, Akari!
Jun 6, 2010 6:50 AM

Jun 2009
So Akira did cry, like Athena predicted... ^_^

the last 2 episodes have been very bitter sweet, I can only watch quietly with a smile on, and occasionally sigh...

Aria is a very beautiful show...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 23, 2010 6:41 PM

May 2009
I cried as well. Everyone has become a Prima now, and I'm so happy for them! :3
Sobzob said:
Congratulations, Aquamarine Akari.
Jul 28, 2010 12:08 PM

Jul 2009
I found it interesting how Alicia said Akari already had the Prima qualities for a long time, so technically she would be ahead of Alice and Aika, no? And Akari definitely has the best title. Unless someone can clarify what's the importance of Orange Princess and Rose Queen.
Nov 11, 2010 3:56 PM

Mar 2009
I shed so many manly tears during the ending of this epsiode. So beatifully done. Music, athmosphere, dialogue, all perfect. Damn, why there is only one episode left..=( Watching couple episodes of Aria was just so perfect way to end the day. You always went to bed with smile on your face.
Dec 5, 2010 1:13 AM

May 2010
Aria Company once again become the top water-guide company until
Dec 6, 2010 11:14 AM
Jul 2018
another wonderful episode. i enjoyed the other two seasons quite a bit but this season is on another level.
Dec 31, 2010 1:04 AM
Dec 2009
"You've seen it once, it's amazing. Seeing it the third time, it was okay."
Truly sad, Akari was the last one to be a Prima, though it was to be expected, but I am still disappointed, it was not as great as I thought it would be... The moment when Alicia gave her speech, it turned it around for me, "only" for a few seconds, especially when Akari was given the name, "Aquamarine" I was actually happy, but in the end, completely disappointed, seeing how my favorite character was last. I was wishing for Cat Sith to be in this episode, like waiting or congratulating Akari in her last destination upon graduating into a Prima, it would have made this episode the best, but it still ended nicely, but for me, it was alright. I felt like I was forcing myself to be happy in this episode, that's what made me disappointed the most in this episode, because you already know the outcome of seeing it the third time. Congratulations Akari <3. Hope the last episode can make up for my disappointment of this season..
tag©.androgynous
Jan 1, 2011 8:55 PM

May 2010
@JK

There's nothing to be disappointed. Unlike Akira, this line is prefect for Akari.
Jan 2, 2011 6:32 PM

Nov 2007
First the Orange Princess, then the Rozen Queen and now the Aquamarine. Three lovely names for the future three great fairies.

I always end up becoming teary with the beauty of this anime. I am ashamed over myself for not watching Natural and Origination in the past. It seems like I did something unforgivable. Aria has been an anime that could well change someone if they can find the beauty of it. One of the best things I have seen in the last 15 years or so, being an anime fan.

It was great to see all of them become Prima Undines, but somehow I remembered ~Arietta and all on a sudden, it seems so lonely somehow. Now to watch the grand finale of what has been one of the most amazing original work. Thank you Amano-sensei! Arigatou~ :')
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 15, 2011 6:10 AM

Feb 2011
I LOVE AKARI!
I LOVE ALICIA!
I REALLY LOVE ARIA the most heartwarming anime I have seen yet.

Started getting teary as the insert song started to play, This is totally one of my happiest moment in watching anime "AKARI became a PRIMA" and titled as AQUAMARINE totally like her title among the prima titles but a bit depressed that they have now their own way to the future and why do I have this feeling that alicia is leaving. :(

XxshizxXMay 15, 2011 6:17 AM
Jun 15, 2011 1:57 AM

May 2010
Wow that was simply magical.

I am surprised how well they handled Aika-chan's promotion, that "moment" was already done in episode 11, anymore would just be cheap tricks for bawling. This isn't Clannad or some other bawling garbage, this is Aria.

When the music played, I knew what my score is going to be for this Anime.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jul 14, 2011 11:06 PM

May 2010
What is that song played when Akari is rowing under the bridge?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Feb 11, 2012 2:48 PM
Sep 2009
For someone kind as Alicia, she sure assigned a tricky path for Akari to take.
Apr 28, 2012 7:39 AM

Mar 2008
god I cried like a baby... ;_; xD
May 29, 2012 4:33 AM
Jul 2018
This episode is simply magical
Sep 9, 2012 9:00 AM

Sep 2012
Aquamarine... Her promotion was wonderful.

But I kinda fear what Alicia said at the end of the episode. She's not gonna leave ? heh ? Heh ?
Oct 31, 2012 7:44 PM

Apr 2012
Aquamarine... a profound name...

Loved Akari and all the little details: the cheering by everybody, how Akari couldn't sleep, the warmer for Alicia...

I don't realize this is the end yet...
Nov 4, 2012 1:26 PM

Aug 2011
Beautiful episode. Everyone has come such a long way from season 1. I'm glad that the main trio passed their prima tests. As expected, I got teary eyed during Akari's promotion scene.

I got one more episode left to watch. :'(
Jan 6, 2013 9:08 AM

May 2012
Really amazing episode 2 Prima's in one episode, I love how Aria forces to viewer to watch the Opening each time again and with this episode especially it was really important! Really amazing episode just loved it and it's sad to see the next one will be the last!
Aug 4, 2013 10:15 AM

Apr 2013
Beautiful episode. Akari is a prima now, too! Still, I don't know if I want to watch the next and final episode ;_; I really don't want it to end :(
Oct 1, 2013 3:47 PM

Dec 2012
Aika being a Prima at the start took me off guard, it seemed like it was set up to do one prima per episode at this point. Although Aika's was brief, it was still very touching and my eyes got watery once her glove was taken off in the garden of roses. A fitting place for the Rozen Queen.

I think Akari's exam was an embodiment of who she is. She has a natural talent for getting along with others, so seeing the various people who she cares about and who support her during her exam was heartwarming. The exam itself really captured Akari's love of Neo Venezia as well. Even the rain ending is symbolic to the doubts that vanish in the presence of Akari's optimism. Aquamarine is a very fitting name for her, both the color and the meaning it carries.

Only one episode left, I wonder what Alicia wants to tell her. I really don't want this to end, but perhaps that's the theme to be had from this series.
Nov 19, 2013 11:29 AM

Sep 2007
What a glorious episode. I was crying from start to finish ...

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - Mar 31, 2008

318 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Mar 6, 6:50 AM

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 7, 2008

98 by Nius1 »»
Nov 9, 2023 1:50 PM

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 3 Discussion

StarCreator - Jan 30, 2008

38 by Jungle_Warrior »»
Sep 9, 2023 1:38 AM

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - May 5, 2008

51 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Aug 30, 2023 1:59 AM

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Apr 30, 2008

72 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Aug 28, 2023 11:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.