Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Please, just don't tell me this is another show where there is more females than males, and more than one is attracted to MC.

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 1, 2019 10:14 PM

Feb 2017
I know this is out of topic but I have one question,
are there yaoi dreamboats in this series?
or is it just your normal isekai anime with hareem/many chick chars that wrap around the mc's very being?
Jan 1, 2019 10:41 PM

Feb 2009
Psajdak said:
chobitsza said:
>> More female than male - For MC's party, yes. But the overall, not that much.

>> More than one is attracted to MC - Nope. They'll be more but much later in the story, which anime surely not cover yet.
I see, so I guess I won't be giving even this show any chance.

Thanks.

No, this is not a romance story, obvioulsy neither an harem.

The MC just have 2 companions for most of this adaptation to the anime, the slave girl he bought, and chokobo-like giant bird that turns into a little blondie that acts more or less like his daughter. Also the MC treats the first girl, Raphtalia, like a daughter as well, even when she grew up. She has an obvious crush on him, but is one-sided, and never escalte to anything else in this adaptation.

This series is literally speaking about The Rise of the Shiled Hero, a path to his redamption, and more or less a path to his vengance, not a violent one though, at least in this 24 episode series.
Jan 1, 2019 10:47 PM

Apr 2018
nina444 said:
or is it just your normal isekai anime with hareem/many chick chars that wrap around the mc's very being?
nah, this is just harem anime where the MC had a lot of female in his party.
Jan 1, 2019 11:36 PM

Feb 2017
Jfs_Jfsjfsjfs said:
nina444 said:
nah, this is just harem anime where the MC had a lot of female in his party.

I see , so it's hareem . how many hareem does he have exactly?
Knowing how things work in hareem anime verse..
Please tell me , the Heroine of this series isn't useless n actually quite Important to the plot
Lab_Rat_0978Jan 1, 2019 11:49 PM
Jan 2, 2019 4:28 AM
Oct 2018
Laskofil said:
Psajdak said:
I never watched that, and don't intend to.

Or Goblin Slayer.

The only time I am fine with more girls liking MCs, is in hentai, where demons, pig orcs, or 40+ perverted janitors steal women from beta males.

Dude, that's how real life goes as well, so not sure why people have a problem with this in anime. Popular strong males have a much higher chance of attracting a female than a 'regular' guy. So there's that.
but in this anime and others like oregairu bunny or monogatari the mc always introduce as a loner antisocial awkward avrege at best with 0 skills=otaku in reality and then the harem began so i dont see the stronge or popular guy to attract anyone unless it the power of fantasy that look like most otakus love it and they insert-self in it
Jan 2, 2019 4:46 AM
May 2014
Samoan said:
Laskofil said:

Dude, that's how real life goes as well, so not sure why people have a problem with this in anime. Popular strong males have a much higher chance of attracting a female than a 'regular' guy. So there's that.
but in this anime and others like oregairu bunny or monogatari the mc always introduce as a loner antisocial awkward avrege at best with 0 skills=otaku in reality and then the harem began so i dont see the stronge or popular guy to attract anyone unless it the power of fantasy that look like most otakus love it and they insert-self in it

For bunny we could argue their relationship started because he was the only one that actually saw her and they slowly built their relationship, as for his sister he literally took care of her singlehandedly for a year. As for Araragi he saved single one of them as far as I remember. As for this series, haven't read manga, only seen the first ep. He's alone so far. And yes, obviously if loners watch it you will include MC's that are loners and can do stuff and lead successful lives. Same is true in reality. Just because you don't have social skills or are otaku doesn't mean you aren't or can't be a strong responsible person if people actually get the chance to know you.
Jan 2, 2019 5:05 AM
Nov 2018
Ookami-des said:
Dhyan_manu said:

To begin with its a pure seinen series which eliminates most isekai to compare.

You do realize seinen is just a very wide sex/age category that is not really accurate because teens and girls will watch it too?

Dhyan_manu said:
If you are trying to predict a seinen anime using knowledge about typical shonen isekai anime good luck with that.

You have to be culturally isolated if you first encounter most of this plot.

To begin with you are bringing out topics which will not be animated or atleast require season 3 or 4 which itself shows how much of ignorant you are
First things first only talk about things that matter and this season mostly will cover till volume 4 if you have anything to complaint in that ask me.

You are the kind of person who takes medicine before you even got the disease lol.
Jan 2, 2019 5:12 AM
Nov 2018
Samoan said:
Laskofil said:

I guess you have not paid attention to manga or LN. Shield hero actually gets very popular and becomes well known as great sage when he travels with firo and raphtalia saving many lives through his trade in medicinal plants and potions.
He also gain popularity when people learnt that he is the one who saved them during the waves and thanks to the queen.
Also shield hero is loved by all demi humans so him having the shield is enough for him to be popular.
Jan 2, 2019 6:46 AM
Oct 2018
Dhyan_manu said:
Samoan said:

I guess you have not paid attention to manga or LN. Shield hero actually gets very popular and becomes well known as great sage when he travels with firo and raphtalia saving many lives through his trade in medicinal plants and potions.
He also gain popularity when people learnt that he is the one who saved them during the waves and thanks to the queen.
Also shield hero is loved by all demi humans so him having the shield is enough for him to be popular.
ofc he will be popular and loved by everyone other than his enemy even some of them they will join him the plot armor will make sure of it to the end of the show but that not what i talk about. i am talking about the fast and unreal switch from weak average to badass like in the most of shows and the other guy compared it to real life.
Jan 2, 2019 6:54 AM
Nov 2018
Samoan said:
Dhyan_manu said:

ofc he will be popular and loved by everyone other than his enemy even some of them they will join him the plot armor will make sure of it to the end of the show but that not what i talk about. i am talking about the fast and unreal switch from weak average to badass like in the most of shows and the other guy compared it to real life.

The reason he became a badass is because of his hatred and suppressed all his other emotions you see in first episode(getting charmed easily, blushing and so on). Girls like those type that includes real life too.
Jan 2, 2019 3:16 PM

Sep 2010
kiddninja said:

How are you having productive discussion when you clearly are not in the mindset for one. You put out your opinion and "assumed" this is a typical isekai

Because I finished 50 chapters of manga today and can confidently say that is a typical isekai where everything revolves around MC being Graf Monte Cristo and strictly female cast fawning around. Be delusional all you want, I am not spending time on empty controversy.

howamI said:
yall dont kid yourself, this is a generic isekai. however i will give it that it does execute the tropes rather well in the beginning, before it turns to complete ass.

Yeah, it's the most average isekai I ever saw - it's not really bad, but it gets worser.
Jan 2, 2019 3:29 PM

Dec 2013
Mandatory reply to this thread, because I guess I gotta comment on all the Tate threads >.>

As for your question...

As for the male characters in the show...
Jan 2, 2019 3:42 PM

Sep 2018
Ookami-des said:
Because I finished 50 chapters of manga today and can confidently say that is a typical isekai where everything revolves around MC being Graf Monte Cristo and strictly female cast fawning around. Be delusional all you want, I am not spending time on empty controversy.

I can at least give you credit for reading the manga before giving judgment rather than after, even if you did so very haphazardly.

However, your reasons for calling Tate no Yuusha a "typical isekai" (there you go with the vague buzzwords again) are inaccurate. Even after gaining more attack power, Naofumi is not overpowered.

Your description of the female characters is also inaccurate.
Jan 2, 2019 4:00 PM
Jan 2009
Ookami-des said:
kiddninja said:

How are you having productive discussion when you clearly are not in the mindset for one. You put out your opinion and "assumed" this is a typical isekai

Uhh...theres a reason why everything revolves around the MC its cause as you stated the he is MAIN CHARACTER. The problem is about him and his story, thats the point of animes and mangas or any stories in general? What anime doesn't revolve around the main character lol....

Are we reading the same manga because theres not a strictly female cast fawning over him.

Besides those two girls you can't even consider it a harem where all the women are fawning over him. Yet you're throwing out insults calling me delusional, causes me to think that, this is your way of having a productive discussion? Have a good day sir.

Jan 2, 2019 4:27 PM

Sep 2010
VeryLTTP said:
However, your reasons for calling Tate no Yuusha a "typical isekai" (there you go with the vague buzzwords again) are inaccurate

For example?

VeryLTTP said:
Even after gaining more attack power, Naofumi is not overpowered.

VeryLTTP said:
Your description of the female characters is also inaccurate.

Where? You literally confirmed it. How much fawning he gets is not important, if it's all female cast around suddenly strong MC it's called typical harem. Do you remember any notable male character except MC? No. Why? Because that's how it works - it's "you", default guy, hanging around girls. It's not a bad thing, it's just what it is - waifu bait.
Jan 2, 2019 4:39 PM

Feb 2008
To those who criticize this show so much, there is a very simple solution of your problem, just don't watch it, it's that simple.
Jan 2, 2019 4:57 PM

Dec 2015
Harem? That would be the other 3 heros.
For the MC, just one (if it counts at all)
Jan 2, 2019 5:09 PM

Oct 2014
Watch Reincaranted as a Slime, if you want an isekai with balanced male/female ratio.
Jan 2, 2019 8:27 PM

Sep 2018
Ookami-des said:
For example?

I think that question applies to your assertion in the spoilers far more than to my points. Random how? Basically a magic wand how?

That goes with any series, not just isekai. Any series that showcases a lot of fighting have enemies of different power levels.

Interesting that you changed your tune from overpowered to among the most powerful characters. You're also not seeing the forest for the trees. You are too focused on the outcome and not focusing enough on the process the led to that outcome.

Where? You literally confirmed it. How much fawning he gets is not important, if it's all female cast around suddenly strong MC it's called typical harem.

No, a harem (in the context of anime) emphasizes polygamous relationships between the main character and three or more members of the opposite sex love interests. Naofumi having a party of female adventurers does not necessarily constitute a harem because the female characters need to be love interests.

I'll just state this again because it obviously did not go to your head or you're intentionally being ignorant:

Of all of those female characters, only 2 of them would possibly qualify as love interests. But guess what? Two female characters being love interests for a main character is not a harem. That is what we call a love triangle (tri- means 3 in Latin, btw).

Do you remember any notable male character except MC? No.

Yes, the three other heroes. The king of Melromarc. The weapons shop owner. Are you even trying to formulate an argument at this point or are you just throwing random stuff at the metaphorical wall to see what sticks?

Why? Because that's how it works - it's "you", default guy, hanging around girls. It's not a bad thing, it's just what it is - waifu bait.

This is not an argument nor is it based on fact. So far, I have yet to see any legit argument from you. It's nothing more than mere pontification.
VeryLTTPJan 2, 2019 8:30 PM
Jan 3, 2019 6:13 PM
Aug 2018
There is already a topic on this. And no it isn't a harem.
Jan 5, 2019 8:46 PM

Apr 2010
Psajdak said:
If that is the case, this show is for me as good as dropped.

Also, fact that MC is voiced by Kaito Ishikawa doesn't help either.

Yes totally! Drop it immediately!

Thanks
Jan 6, 2019 2:20 AM

Mar 2017
Ookami-des said:

Not really, and it’s funny how people think that it’s totally-not-a-harem with tons of fanservice.

Of all the 50 manga chapters I've read so far, can you tell me which part of it with "tons of fanservice"? You mean the cleavage? You can't even see a single cleavage without considering them as a "fanservice"? Other things you said actually kinda makes sense but just this one, this one is complete bullshit.

Ookami-des said:

> You finished 50 chapters of the manga [check]
> Still don't find yourself interested [check]
> Leave [ ]

You've got one more thing to do, my guy. Go accomplish that mission.

Seriously I just don't get it with people, if you have read 50 chapters of the manga, then I think that's enough information for you to decide whether you will continue watch this or no, stop making a fuss about every little things you don't like, just leave.

And people, just stop responding to this thread, you gain nothing from this. This guy clearly doesn't like this anime and doesn't seems like he will change his opinion about it so just let him be. Please let this reply be the last respond of this thread.
Jan 6, 2019 2:29 AM

Jul 2016
I feel pity for this thread. Too many people misjudge the anime without even seeing the first episode.
MahendraJayaJan 6, 2019 2:46 AM
Jan 6, 2019 2:31 AM

Aug 2018
THIS IS NOT A HAREM, WHILE ONE GIRL IS ROMANTICALLY INTERESTED IN MC THIS DOES NOT RECUR OFTEN, MC SEES GIRLS AS DAUGHTER FIGURES. GIRL THAT LATER JOINS AS MENTIONED IN EARLIER POST IS NOT ROMANTICALLY INTERESTED IN MC AT ALL.

It really hurts to see a bunch of people who haven't read the source material shit on the brilliance that is shield hero, at least give it try.
Yotus Yeetus commit self-deletus
Jan 6, 2019 7:18 AM

Jun 2015
Some people say it's harem some say it's not. Thus I had no choice but to look into the source material so I can form my own opinion and this shit is definitely harem. When every party member is a girl who admires our so underestimated mc while everyone else is biased towards him i get the urge to vomit.

I'm really saddend that this pile of garbage is getting such a wonderful adaption.
Jan 6, 2019 11:18 AM

May 2009
Nycro said:
I'm really saddend that this pile of garbage is getting such a wonderful adaption.

Yesterday you said that it's almost 10/10 for you https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1758361&show=200#post220
Now you say it's garbage. What happened?
Jan 6, 2019 11:22 AM
Jul 2016
I quit this show is less than five minutes. The moment I realized it was yet ANOTHER isekai anime about an otaku in an RPG world I immediately lost all interest. There is no justification for that premise anymore.

If I want to watch a fantasy anime abota dude with a shield I’ll watch Tower of Druaga.
Jan 6, 2019 11:40 AM

Nov 2007
bastek66 said:
Nycro said:

Yesterday you said that it's almost 10/10 for you https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1758361&show=200#post220
Now you say it's garbage. What happened?

A new world record. That's what happened. (Probably got carried away and went on to read the source material.)

But seriously guys. All female cast around the MC does not mean harem. But the males in this story are pretty garbage. I can guarantee on that.

If you want to watch a proper harem isekai, watch KonoSuba. It has the best female cast in isekai genre. And a male chracter who is not the MC but super awesome. I mean he's so random yet awesome that he has his own spinoff novel.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 6, 2019 11:53 AM

Aug 2013
just don't tell me this is another show where there is more females than males

That's something what is making anime worth watching... unless you're gay :F
I would drop SAO for example if there was more male then female characters.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 6, 2019 12:06 PM
Nov 2014
Just read this guys post history, its filled with whining about how shit things are and telling other people not to whine. Don't bother replying to this monkey.
Jan 6, 2019 12:54 PM

Dec 2015
It would already be enough if there was at least one other interesting male character with lots of screen time - besides the main. Or not having more than 2 main girls in the party of the male lead.

3 or more girls without a 2nd male ... feels quickly like a harem. Of course this still can be okay. Depends on the chars. (For parody like KonoSuba it was great.)
Jan 7, 2019 5:23 AM

Jan 2008
shanimebib said:
But the males in this story are pretty garbage. I can guarantee on that.

Thanks for letting us know. That's enough for me to drop it. I don't care about the "romance" aspect of the harem so much, but lack of decent male characters is a definite no-go for me.

rsc-pl said:
just don't tell me this is another show where there is more females than males

That's something what is making anime worth watching... unless you're gay :F
I would drop SAO for example if there was more male then female characters.

I am not gay and I prefer watching shows with more male characters than female.
I would watch SAO for example if it had more male characters.
Don't just assume people watch anime just for "waifus". If I wanted to watch pretty girls, I would just watch hentai - at least there they go all the way instead of constantly teasing us with fanservice.

Spiryts said:
To those who criticize this show so much, there is a very simple solution of your problem, just don't watch it, it's that simple.

What if you have nothing else to watch, because you don't enjoy anything you've seen lately and when everybody starts talking about this new show and praising it to bits, than you watch the first episode and read some discussions online and you realise it has the same problems as those other shows you've been watching. Sure, you can just not watch it but this whole experience can be pretty disheartening. Especially if it happens again and again...
Darklord_bgJan 7, 2019 5:37 AM
Jan 7, 2019 6:27 AM
Aug 2016
the early part there is no romance feel i think and still can hope 1 heroine, but goes down the line in ln or wn it back all the harreeem
Jan 7, 2019 6:47 AM

Feb 2008
Darklord_bg said:

Spiryts said:

What if you have nothing else to watch, because you don't enjoy anything you've seen lately and when everybody starts talking about this new show and praising it to bits, than you watch the first episode and read some discussions online and you realise it has the same problems as those other shows you've been watching. Sure, you can just not watch it but this whole experience can be pretty disheartening. Especially if it happens again and again...

Well, if you watched those few ep, and you didn't like it, then what is the purpose in forcing you to watch the rest, I read a few chap. of goblin slayer, didn't like it, drop it, I didn't bother even with adding it on mal, I didn't go to gs forum spaming how I didn't like it, really is so simple.
And I'm pretty sure that, you can definitely find something to watch, maybe look at something from the older series, some time you can find a hidden gems, that you might like.
Jan 7, 2019 10:52 PM

Aug 2018
Psajdak said:

OK, you have your answer. It's time to head back to the bistro, you 'friends' are waiting.
Jan 8, 2019 2:42 PM
May 2018
Thanks for recommendations, but I really don't wanna watch this.

Hope someone else will enjoy it.
Jan 8, 2019 5:56 PM
Sep 2018
So far in the story (read be first 4 LN) he only has 2 girls in his party and it’s not really a harem or romance at all. Yes the 2 girls do love him but he has a parental love for them. It’s definitely a mistake that this show has romance marked in the tag bc there’s barely any romance at all. This isn’t like Sao we’re all the girls fall for the MC. Ide give the first few episodes a watch atleast bc I really enjoyed this story. I would say if your even expecting a romance in this don’t watch it. Read the first 4 light novels and so far there’s barely any romance and it looks like this story won’t have it. I also do agree with you not wanting to watch harem series, I hate it when so much girls fall for 1 guy.
DamperLJan 8, 2019 6:03 PM
Jan 9, 2019 11:59 AM
Nov 2016
I'll preface this by saying I've only seen the first episode, and read the first page of this forum.

>OP Says he doesn't like stories that focuses on the MC
>Hates 2-1 female to male ratio
>Big on NTR and gangbang
>Doesn't have paranoia and/or complex on not wanting to be cucked Kappa

It seems like you'd be missing out on good stories in entertainment. Everyone has their preferences though, so I can't complain.
BLOODMIESTERJan 9, 2019 12:03 PM
weed lol
Jan 9, 2019 12:44 PM

Apr 2012
Psajdak said:

More females then males...
You might as well drop 80% of anime lol.
Most anime are targeted at boys rather teenage boys to be precise, so most of the tropes that goes along with it caters to the male fantasy. Anime is mainly for Japanese audiences only, we just happen to import and translate them so we tend to judge what we don't entirely understand.
Janethan23Jan 9, 2019 12:49 PM
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Jan 9, 2019 12:51 PM

Jun 2013
I hate harems too but I always give any series a shot. I can overlook that aspect if the plot is good. I'm glad I gave this one a shot because the first episode was very entertaining. Just like you, my dude, I love harems in hentai, the more girls to fcuk, the better. However, in ordinary series with no real hardcore sex is happening, I'll pass, especially if the plot is mediocre or just a regurgitation of what we're used to in most harem series.

This is pretty good. I can see this guy turning into a pessimistic nihilist or something of the sort.
臭い-
Jan 10, 2019 4:45 AM
Aug 2018
LilyWhiteheart said:
Let me help you.

- He buys animal-like slaves as companions (there will be a female in the future in his group, but not interested in the MC)
- The other heroes will be antagonists to a point
- The girls are mostly on a specific hero, that isn't the MC - aka no harem as the other heroes will be almost marginal
- If you think of your possible daughter in a romantic way you're really messed up (as he will see his slaves as daughters)

No harem.

That's entirely not true.

I don't know how much the anime will cover but it is indeed harem or atleast it has a an harem component. The other heroes are marginal only in the early parts, they all have a redemption arc.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 29, 2019

428 by SanessyAdversary »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2019

197 by SanessyAdversary »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 15, 2019

219 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 9:01 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2019

236 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 24, 7:06 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2019

292 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 23, 8:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.