Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 28, 2018 11:06 AM
Nov 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Now that the anime has finished airing, I'd like to hear what you guys think of it, and if the last episode changed your opinion in any way.

Now, I really like the anime and I've been watching it as it aired.

Episode 13 was really cute and sweet, in my opinion.
I'd say it should be an OVA episode since it didn't really go with the 12 other episodes but that's just me.
Dec 28, 2018 12:24 PM

May 2015
I think it was fine that they didn't make it an OVA if only for the good timing with Chrismas and all.

The anime overall wasn't really to my liking. Too much emphasis on sexual relationship and unnecessary drama. The way Junta is, his stalkery tendencies are indeed scary. Watched mostly because of Takato, he was too cute and made me worry about him all the time.

As for the last episode, it didn't add anything new, at least I'm glad it's over now.
Dec 28, 2018 2:42 PM

Jun 2013
It was nice to see an original episode solely for Christmas! :D

I didn’t expect the cameo from the 3P oneshot tho. Nonetheless, this episode was cute and entertaining. I had a hunch it was Junta who drove the taxi lol.

It’s been so long since we’ve received a bl adaptation so I’m definitely glad for Dakaretai. I think the anime was well done despite having to cut most of the explicit scenes. The VA’s did a fairly good job as well. Hopefully, the sales go well so that we’ll have more bl adaptations in the coming year.
Dec 28, 2018 6:07 PM

Oct 2015
I believe that was a good episode, too bad the previous ones weren't just as good especially from the beginning.

For me it got interesting when they had to break up because of that scandal, it depicted how much they love each other. It was a test of their love and if Takato was really serious about Junta. On this Christmas episode, I must say we got to meet everyone who was involved in the series, some giving Takato advice. Junta sure did a good surprise and showed how much he cherishes his lover with those gifts. I guess the important gift of all is those rings and each other.

I'm still wondering about that cliffhanger of Usaka and that guy, they didn't seem to dwell on it on this episode? But overall I would've given it a better rating if it wasn't for how it started.

6/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 28, 2018 11:32 PM

May 2015
"What do you do on Christmas?"
"Work." Same here buddy...

"This is just to get some idea about what average people do on Christmas." Lol. Poor Saijo.

"What would you like, Mr. Usaka?"
*erotic image appears*
This man...

Dead accurate with disposing the coffee can...

LOL Ayagi is still carrying that recorder around!

"If you go out with a lot of people, your performances have more depth." As dirty as this may sound by Yurie, she's actually right...

WOW! HAHAHAHA! Junta was the taxi driver all along!

"I was always looking for you, so I wanted see how you would act if you were looking for me." Cute.

A cabbie and now a lighting designer. Junta does a lot of jobs...

So much coffee!

YES! SHAKE THAT CAB! SOMEBODY GIF THAT!

And that's where he was at the Photo Shoot lol!

I'm pretty sure this final episode is an original, but it was amazing to see all of the major characters in the series join together on Christmas.

Dakaretai Otoko 1-i ni Odosarete Imasu...For being my second Shounen Ai that takes the relationship a lot more sexually, this series was actually pretty fun to watch. They got to the "action" pretty quick early on and it was pretty rapey, but it got more tolerable for me later on. 1st half was kind of ehh, while the second half did pretty good. The lines under the chins was a bit bothersome at first, but I forgot about em later on. The animation wasn't anything special except for Saijo's play and the Christmas episode that spent a little more budget on it. Speaking of which, the backgrounds of this final episode were very well done. As for the characters, I guess seeing Junta's advances and Saijo's reactions were pretty entertaining. I did like Junta more after the prequel episode that centered on how Junta and Saijo met. The supporting characters didn't get a lot of screen time, but they got their time to shine. I didn't expect a lot from this anime, but I'm pretty satisfied with it as a result. The director did a good job.

Final Verdict: 1,000 yen/10
Dec 29, 2018 7:17 AM

Sep 2011
Junta is truly scary, and their relationship had very problematic moments to say the least, but this was a nice christmas, and a nice way to end this one.
Dec 29, 2018 8:53 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Wasn’t expecting a Christmas episode but honestly it was fitting. Though I’ll admit it was kinda a weak premise. OVA material but I’m sure they didn’t want it to come out too far after the holidays. Either way.

Overall this was wild ride. As someone who read most the manga and was shocked they were making this into an anime, I was decently surprised that they adapted it tastefully and exceeded the source. However it does not take away how cringe this is, how much filler was stuffed in for dicking around, and how bad the art / character models looked most of the time. There were some high highs. A couple episodes paticullarly but nothing really made me fall in love with Chunta and Saijo relationship nor did it really help them grow in particularly novel way, very prototypical of a romance, which is fine, but there are a lot lot lot better romances this year that made me actively root and love the characters individually as well as a team.

5/10
Dec 29, 2018 10:04 AM

Nov 2009
I didn't like this anime all the way through but I was determined to finish it.
That being said, I would have loooooved a spin-off with Usaka and Arisu. Like, damn...now THAT is a couple that looks like it could be interesting to follow...kinda sad there is no spin-off...lol

But yeah, overall...nothing much to say about this. Was a big miss.
Dec 30, 2018 6:50 AM
Dec 2018
Overall I liked the anime, but the last episode was really disappointing ngl
Dec 30, 2018 12:23 PM

Aug 2017
Nice ending for the show.

Well, the show was ok despite the weak start.

6/10 for the anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 1, 2019 1:44 AM
Feb 2017
Well, things did get better from the seventh episode, so I didn't dislike at all. Chunta is kind of a psycho and Totaka a weirdo tsundere, I like those kinds of "qualities" in the yaoi world hehe.
Jan 2, 2019 2:24 PM

Apr 2014
Oh my god the shaking cab. [EYE ZOOMS]
I made a gif for it.

Jan 5, 2019 4:40 AM

Oct 2008
Wonderful xmas episode!
rocking taxi cab was hilarious!
that lights that Chunta set-up was nice! that's a thumbs-up for me!
4/5.
6/10.

Jan 5, 2019 7:06 AM

Dec 2014
so like the second last episode was way better...to end it but overall it had been a good journey during the show
Jan 7, 2019 2:09 PM

Mar 2014
That was a cute Christmas episode. Imagine the level of devotion needed to make hot chocolate from coco beans lol. Takato giving Junta a quick peck on the lips was the cutest kiss in the show in my opinion.
The show's first episode was creepy, but the rest of the episodes were enjoyable and funny. The interactions between the characters made me smile most of the time. 7/10 hoping for more BL series in the future considering Dakaretai's relatively good sales!
Jan 15, 2019 10:14 AM
Mar 2010
Who was that red haired guy when Takato ask the President, Usaka, what do he likes? :O
Jan 15, 2019 11:53 AM
Mar 2010
OMG! I just realized that the 3 guys talking at the cafe behind Takato are from the spin off that are included in the Dakaretai manga hahaha I can't believe they included them hahaha
Feb 10, 2019 3:59 AM

May 2018
I need to know more about Usaka, I have so many questions after the last episode.
Feb 22, 2019 1:29 PM

Jul 2012
It was a cute anime, kind of weird at times but much less creepier than Junjou/Sekaiichi! So thats good. The art is quite nice, yep. I'd read the manga.
Oct 3, 2019 5:55 PM

Sep 2018
It should be Takato will give a gift but Junta give one instead.. a bunch of it!! THIS IS SO SWEEETTTT!!!!! waaahhh <3

I'm sad that it's end already :( please recommend me something like this too.. bishounen guys.. please T-T
erenmeiiOct 3, 2019 6:04 PM
Feb 10, 2020 4:30 PM
Jun 2016
Did you realize Junta appeared at the background a few times while Takato was looking for him? |д・) XD And I'm not talking about the photos showed at the very end of the episode!
Apr 27, 2021 4:12 AM

Jun 2020
Oh man. Was hoping to see more of Arisu. Manga here I come!!!!!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jun 30, 2021 9:06 PM

Mar 2010
Wow Chuunta was a lot of things back in the past.. Cute and pretty Christmas episode :)
Jul 27, 2022 10:20 AM

May 2014
This is my first finished yaoi series! I've watched some yaoi in the past but no one captivated me the way this series did. No one else comes close to how great this yaoi series is for me. I really like how honest, devoted and earnest Junta is to Takato. I hope I can find my Junta/Takato love someday ahh. I will miss this series *__* I will rewatch it many many times in the future whenever I miss it ahh. I will maybe move on to manga, blcd, seiyuu evento, and print a Takato or Junta or both of them in a dakimakura hahaha. This was a lovely, fluffy, gentle, cute series... I hope more works by this author can get animated in the future. I enjoyed it very much! Especially the music was very fitting to the series. Kudos to the composer. You've earned another fan! Will include him in my list of favorite Japanese composers and hope to attend his orchestra concert someday when I come back to Japan. Cute story, fine character designs/art, sweet music, and amazing seiyuu cast! Enjoyment 100/10!
Oct 3, 2022 5:57 AM
Jun 2020
Finally got around to watching this series... I was really looking forward to it since I first heard about it 4 years back.
But I must say, I didn't enjoyed it as much as i thought I will. Not going to leave any review for the series itself, so i am just gonna babble here.

Have been a yaoi fan for quite some time now. I was introduced to some really hardcore violent sexual assault yaoi OVA back then, along with a much milder cutesy anime series that also has sexual harassment and such. The contrast was huge. Honestly, I think I was rather traumatize by that violent Yaoi show, which is possibly why I was okay with the sexual assault trope that so many Yaoi anime/manga uses. I enjoyed aplenty of Yaoi anime and manga because from mid story or so, it starts getting really sweet and consensual and the romance is just cute overall. But too many of them have to start off with a sexual assault... I know I was able to tolerate those tropes because after a few chapters/ episodes, then things are not that disturbing, and the rest of the story will have the usual romance drama (miscommunication, 3rd party homewrecker etc. ).

But with this show, I know that I have aged... the sexual assault start was more difficult to watched than if I was a decade younger... But knowing that it is one of those happy sweet love story, I just held on. Then the episode came with Ayagi trying to assault Takato... I really have half the mind to just drop the show right then and there. I could feel my heart tearing(?). The following episode when we are still not sure of what happened between Takato and Ayagi, that whole time before things got clarified, I almost burst into tears at how frightening I keep "feeling" Takato would have felt....

It was so difficult to watch those 2 episodes. AND THEN, like the rotten cherry on top of a stale cake, angel Junta have to go and take his anger out on Takato without even having a decent conversation, and force Takato into sex???
If I could I would have very much wanted to dive into the show and slapped both Ayagi and Junta into the real world and call the cops on them... ( I know, I know, for someone claiming to be old, to be this illogical is confusing)

My heart ache so much for Takato after that episode that I couldn't even properly enjoy the sweet couple moments the show has until the last episode. This episode was easy on my heart at least.. lucky me. hahahha

My heart is weak... *sigh*
The older I get, the weaker my heart becomes hahaha.

Consent is important please. Regardless of gender.
Nov 4, 2023 1:39 AM
Apr 2022
IM CRYONG THAT SO CUTE COUPLE OMG
Mar 23, 10:36 PM
Dec 2011
That "itadakimasu" in the car tho >_<

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dakaretai Otoko 1-i ni Odosarete Imasu. Episode 10 Discussion

Fayrin - Dec 7, 2018

16 by BurningSapphires »»
Mar 23, 8:20 PM

Poll: » Dakaretai Otoko 1-i ni Odosarete Imasu. Episode 8 Discussion

dany_elle1908 - Nov 23, 2018

16 by richard-tann »»
Feb 23, 9:19 AM

Poll: » Dakaretai Otoko 1-i ni Odosarete Imasu. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

VirtueHunter - Oct 5, 2018

117 by Probably_Panda »»
Feb 3, 4:55 AM

Poll: » Dakaretai Otoko 1-i ni Odosarete Imasu. Episode 7 Discussion

dany_elle1908 - Nov 16, 2018

30 by abracadabra_yooo »»
Jan 23, 11:32 AM

Poll: » Dakaretai Otoko 1-i ni Odosarete Imasu. Episode 5 Discussion

dany_elle1908 - Nov 2, 2018

19 by st4rzal0n3 »»
Aug 18, 2023 5:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.