Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Nov 25, 2018 8:28 AM
Nov 2016
TodAboT said:
Another bad episode to add to the pile.

Did anybody else notice that Liena's mouth was too high for 15 seconds when she grabbed Kirito's shoulders?
The fighting choreography is the worst one in SAO so far.
Kirito can see what Uolo is feeling? Hilarious.
If Kirito imagines the bland characters he's met, he can go up to Uolo. Has he never done that before? He could have defeated Liena with that.
Most background characters' designs were goofy as hell.
Gorgolosso has done NOTHING. Even though he's "important" he hasn't even talked.
We somehow spend 6 minutes in the garden.
The two cliché characters show up and do bad stuff.
The flowers burst? Ok...
Kirito crying over dead flowers. Um... And not about anything else that has happened to him?
Kirito is still as generic as ever. Slightly more gay with the flower scene.
Deus Ex Machina voice appears.
Kirito explains what he was literally explained two seconds ago.
Liena just had to believe in herself to win. That still sounds stupid as hell; actually, even more stupid in the context we are given.
We are introduced to two bland characters.
The End.
Tiese and Ronnie have just come out for a single minute and you call them bland right off the bat. Whether or not they’re bland that ain’t fair.
Additionally, flowers have meaning to Kirito. They symbolize his attempt to understand his new world, and he says that the flowers are a metaphor of a life trying to grow in a different environment, mirroring Kirito’s situation in the Underworld.
Gorgolosso wasn’t that important.
I also don’t see why Kirito seeing Volo’s ancestors behind him is hilarious. The Underworld is built off a medium constructed of fluctuating data. These images came bursting from the sword.
Wait till you see that Dues Machina voice plays its role. That Dues Machina voice is more developed than you think. :)
Thanks for joining the discussion!
Nov 25, 2018 9:54 AM

Mar 2016
The bald senpai makes some of the funniest facial expressions. lol.

Kirito's sword grew after he thought of Asuna.

The scene where Kirito resurrected the flowers was beautiful.

I didn't get why Kirito got out at night. Not sure if it feels more natural in the novels. Here, it just felt like a plot device.

I wish we would get more scenes with Eugeo. He is so adorable, and I want to know more about him.

When Kirito cried over flowers, it looked really stupid. It was so obvious what he should have done next.
Nov 25, 2018 10:29 AM
Oct 2016
This episode was a little disapointing. I think the first fight in the episode would have been more interesting with some decently choreographed sword fighting, that does not involve any imagination.
Nov 25, 2018 10:30 AM
Jan 2018
shigatsuno87bira said:
TodAboT said:
Another bad episode to add to the pile.

Did anybody else notice that Liena's mouth was too high for 15 seconds when she grabbed Kirito's shoulders?
The fighting choreography is the worst one in SAO so far.
Kirito can see what Uolo is feeling? Hilarious.
If Kirito imagines the bland characters he's met, he can go up to Uolo. Has he never done that before? He could have defeated Liena with that.
Most background characters' designs were goofy as hell.
Gorgolosso has done NOTHING. Even though he's "important" he hasn't even talked.
We somehow spend 6 minutes in the garden.
The two cliché characters show up and do bad stuff.
The flowers burst? Ok...
Kirito crying over dead flowers. Um... And not about anything else that has happened to him?
Kirito is still as generic as ever. Slightly more gay with the flower scene.
Deus Ex Machina voice appears.
Kirito explains what he was literally explained two seconds ago.
Liena just had to believe in herself to win. That still sounds stupid as hell; actually, even more stupid in the context we are given.
We are introduced to two bland characters.
The End.
Tiese and Ronnie have just come out for a single minute and you call them bland right off the bat. Whether or not they’re bland that ain’t fair.
Additionally, flowers have meaning to Kirito. They symbolize his attempt to understand his new world, and he says that the flowers are a metaphor of a life trying to grow in a different environment, mirroring Kirito’s situation in the Underworld.
Gorgolosso wasn’t that important.
I also don’t see why Kirito seeing Volo’s ancestors behind him is hilarious. The Underworld is built off a medium constructed of fluctuating data. These images came bursting from the sword.
Wait till you see that Dues Machina voice plays its role. That Dues Machina voice is more developed than you think. :)
Thanks for joining the discussion!

They have been on screen for one minute and they act exactly the same.
Kirito didn't cry over anything else that's happened to him, at least not this exaggerated.
Why even bother introducing Gorgolosso?
Still hilarious, even if they explain it. The entire concept of imagination is ridiculous.
It's still a Deus Ex-Machina voice.

Your welcome :)
Nov 25, 2018 10:32 AM
Jan 2018
Mattinator95 said:
TodAboT said:

People actually think this is good character/world development?
We literally skipped that, Short Flashbacks or not.
That's the exact same problem we had in the first season of SAO.

It would have only been one epiosde. And the time skip would have still happend

Still a problem.
I would prefer 100 good episodes over 50 bad ones.
Nov 25, 2018 10:36 AM
Jan 2018
Windman said:
TodAboT said:

People actually think this is good character/world development?
We literally skipped that, Short Flashbacks or not.
That's the exact same problem we had in the first season of SAO.

Why do you people always find reasons to cry over lost content while not looking at the content provided? They skipped minor events compared to what is about to unfold. Thats like saying LotR is bad because its not showing the MCs bath during their daily lives. You are not supposed to be shown everything, learn to think for yourself for once and stop being a force-fed baby.

I did look at the content provided.
It was shit.
Because there is still no character development for Kirito (crying over flowers doesn't count), a lot of the world still doesn't make sense (The bad guys can damage property? What about the Taboo Index?), etc.
Magybe if they didn't skip stuff, it would have been better.

Who am I kidding? The entire writing is garbage.
Nov 25, 2018 10:37 AM

Mar 2018
SAO is crap...................
Nov 25, 2018 11:03 AM

Oct 2011
Short_Circut said:
Have to say didn't really like how this LN was adapted. The first one had good pacing and really set up the atmosphere, but this one felt quite rushed in classic A1-Pictures fashion, especially over how they skipped pretty much the entire part of the Zakkaria tournament thing and the importance of the flowers in identifying the bounds of the Taboo Index and stuff

uzee said:
Based on the pacing my guess is that the season will end at the point where

This season is confirmed to adapt the entirety of Alicization

It's split into 4, so I meant this quarter

Nov 25, 2018 11:08 AM

Jan 2013
Great episode! So much happened in these 24 mins.
I wonder if that voice was Alice or maybe Asuna, or maybe even something else.

Glad that she was able to defeat the 1st seat. I wonder if she has any feelings for Kirito xD

The fight was 10/10, they invested a lot into this season and it's been fantastic.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 25, 2018 11:25 AM

Apr 2018
This episode was OK.

The fight's been pretty good.
Nov 25, 2018 11:58 AM
Jan 2018
TodAboT said:
Windman said:

Why do you people always find reasons to cry over lost content while not looking at the content provided? They skipped minor events compared to what is about to unfold. Thats like saying LotR is bad because its not showing the MCs bath during their daily lives. You are not supposed to be shown everything, learn to think for yourself for once and stop being a force-fed baby.

It was shit.
Because there is still no character development for Kirito (crying over flowers doesn't count), a lot of the world still doesn't make sense (The bad guys can damage property? What about the Taboo Index?), etc.

Skip what 1.5 years of the same unevenful thing everyday .hence why there's a timeskip

If people are moaning that the last few epiosdes have been a school drama what would 1.5 years of school content change anything

They can't adapt everything or even every small detail

There are such things called loopholes
Mattinator95Nov 25, 2018 12:16 PM
Nov 25, 2018 12:08 PM
Oct 2012
Mattinator95 said:
TodAboT said:

It was shit.

Skip what 1.5 years of the same thing everyday .hence why there's a timeskipb

i know right, i mean ppl were complaining about Volo and kirito's fight not being serious or SAO feeling like a school drama right now,
Imagine 1.5 years of school for kirito and eugeo w'o any special event :P Eugeo even said it was a miracle for kirito to not get into trouble for over a year lol which mean the time-skip was completely uneventful :P

I can't w8 until we get all the developments and worldbuildings done with ( which is pretty much done now ) and start the main series of battle :D probably from EP10 :D
Nov 25, 2018 12:39 PM

May 2018
Did Yuki and Suguha just entered the Alice Dive, cu'z I just saw what looks like them whose name were Tiese and Ronie??????
Nov 25, 2018 1:33 PM
Jan 2018
Mattinator95 said:
TodAboT said:

It was shit.

Skip what 1.5 years of the same unevenful thing everyday .hence why there's a timeskip

If people are moaning that the last few epiosdes have been a school drama what would 1.5 years of school content change anything

So this is the best part of the light novels?
Wow. That's sad.
Nov 25, 2018 2:22 PM
Jan 2016
Amazing episode!

The fight ended in a draw, but was wonderfull to watch the fight, design and animation looked really incredibles, so Kirito increased sword size rembering everyone! And first seat two handed sword attack looked really powerfull!

Flowers part was kinda sad, the two Kirito's seniors deserved a good punch in the face!

I wonder who helped Kirito, maybe is the grey hair girl that we saw an episodes behind!

I am glad that Liena won against first seat, and her reaction to Kirito's flowers was cute and priceless!

So now Kirito and Eogeo got 5th and 6th seat, and both have a disciple!

Lets wait another week!
Nov 25, 2018 5:04 PM

Dec 2011
God this show makes me want to smash a window with a baseball bat for anger management
Nov 25, 2018 5:07 PM
Oct 2018
WordIsBond said:
The_Pathogen said:
*thinks about Asuna*
Kirito: MAH WOOD IS GETTING BIGGER!

Lmao

TodAboT said:

He didn't cry about actual traumatizing shit (friends dying, in coma, lost memories).
And don't make this political. It's called a joke.

Yeah, gay is also used to describe something lame. People are so quick to get PC these days.

-
actually it's not another way.
please go back to kindergarden yourself.
"I know anything goes here...
but this...
this is clearly not fucking okay...!"
-Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu
Nov 25, 2018 9:22 PM
Jan 2018
TodAboT said:
Mattinator95 said:

Wow. That's sad.

Cleary not as sad as mionority who waste thier time on something they dislike each weekend just for attention and a point /criticism and opinion that has no weight on the series as a whole

Never really understood why people bother to waist time on something then proceed to write reviews and comments that no one will take seriously anyway. And has no effect on the series overall . And all the bad reviews and the hate etc arent really doing anything either instead of making people stray away form something it's doing the opposite effect and overall adding to the popularity of the series .

And givin that the people that hate the series and are still watching it are not really helping themselves they are still contributing to overall ratings outside of a series demographic and country even though I doubt.it makes any difference what ratings outside Japan get.

Anyway Did I say I read the LN . I Don't even read the LN it's all based on assumption that the 1.5 years (minus the thing I heard was cut) was uneventful as the world as been set up to show that there's no crime,bandits or monsters which clearly only exist in the dark place .

Just becouse something hasn't been adapted dosnt mean it's not there. Like not crying or feeling homesick etc which was assuming was cut. Even then when a human character shows emotion people just wipe it off as a pussy anyway so what's the point. (Which is always the case when adapting from a sourse to anime)

And the last few epiosdes have shown that there are loopholes . Even epiosde 1 hinted at loopholes.

Mattinator95Nov 26, 2018 6:47 AM
Nov 25, 2018 10:57 PM

Sep 2017
Turtles_Hunter said:
See you in 4 episodes for the next half episode of action. I still think there is a problem with the pacing, and and they make everything last an eternity (except for the action scenes). It's funny, because after the TV special, I rewatched some Yuu Yuu Hakusho, and there is a lot of narrative content, to the point that after watching a YYH just after the SAO episode, when the eyecatch appear half-way through the episode.

But more seriously, was the pacing always that awful, or is it me that just always overlooked that. Story is kinda nice by itself, but the narration could be far better. As I already said, it looks more like a CD drama with animation over it (except for the few action scenes) than a real anime that make use of its medium. It's sad. Even GGO (the worse part to me) was more entertaining and less frustrating. It's not downright bad, but it could be a lot better. And when I see how some people defend it too be great, I can see why SAO has been that much hated (I watch the previous seasons without ever watching what the community was telling about them).

I'm still thinking there is hope, but it would be time to launch your show. 8 episodes of introduction is too much.

Personally, I would have to disagree . Pacing is fine. Even shows that people love including myself, example HXH had ongoing episodes just explaining Nen. focusing on story and dialogue i believe is need for later arcs that have drastic tone shift from "ok this is chill" to "WTF just happened" Pacing.
Nov 26, 2018 2:40 AM

Nov 2011
Felt like I missed an ep, don't recall all this imagination stuff. Transitional ep I suppose.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Nov 26, 2018 6:34 AM
Oct 2018
WordIsBond said:
idontknowsarcasm said:

-
actually it's not another way.
please go back to kindergarden yourself.

Actually, it is. It doesn't seem like English is your first language so why argue? If you like bad shows then more power to you, I have no problem with it.

-
saying that gay is another of saying lame it's the gayest thing i read.
but this...
-Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu
Nov 26, 2018 8:01 AM

May 2016
Rushed af.... His dic... Sorry meant his sword grew after thinking of his harem.
Nov 26, 2018 8:54 AM
Jul 2017
Unpopular Opinion:The Sword Fight between Kirito and that baldie senior is terrible.
The entire scene is just servicable at best, it's at its worst when you look at it realistically. This is why the entire fight is bad. Why?
1. The telegraphing and over-swinging. I don't know why that Baldie has to go with one big swoop, normal people would've just dodge to the sides. And if baldie senior fights like a normal people, he would response by swinging the Sword to the position his opponent, in this case kirito, moves to. But I guess the staffs are just too lazy to animate them.
2. How kirito responses to the Baldie Senpai attack. This derives from the first points, instead of dodging to the side from the obvious front attack, what did Kirito do? He tries to parry it, his first two attempts doesn't work, the 3rd time he tries to parry the baldie hit, he exposes his back by spinning, and did it helps at all? Of course it didn't. IRL doing it so blalantly can get you killed, but since it's not real life, we can ignore how risky it would be to use it in an actual Sword fight. But if you're gonna animate a spin, don't make it so slow because it's gonna make the spin looks terrible. Ofc after that both Kiri2 and the Baldie senior swords ended up in a bind, which brings me to my next point.
3. The Sword Binding. This is not only the problem for SAO but in many Swords fight scene in media. If it's not a static image it's just gonna looks awkward, irl normal ppl wouldn't have stayed in the bind that long, they would tries to get out of that situation ASAP or uses it to their advantages but what did Kiri2 and the baldie senior do? They just looks at each other and stays in the bind, and it just looks awkward. Is this what ppl calls a great fight?
4. How Kirito gets out of that situation. Power of Friendship. Of course that rules would come into play, that "Willpower can overcome anythings" shenanigan, it's really just an excuse for Kirito to do his typical deus-ex machina moment.
In conclusion, instead of Portraying Kirito and the baldie senior as a competent Swordsman that they proclaimed themselves to be, we got this. How is this a great fight? I really don't get it at all.
The rest of the episode is just...meh, the flower scene are super melodramatic, the timeskip is still plaguing the series.
But at least liena fight against the baldie senior is decent I guess.
2/5
Nov 26, 2018 11:27 AM
Jan 2018
Mattinator95 said:
TodAboT said:

Wow. That's sad.

Cleary not as sad as mionority who waste thier time on something they dislike each weekend just for attention and a point /criticism and opinion that has no weight on the series as a whole

Never really understood why people bother to waist time on something then proceed to write reviews and comments that no one will take seriously anyway. And has no effect on the series overall . And all the bad reviews and the hate etc arent really doing anything either instead of making people stray away form something it's doing the opposite effect and overall adding to the popularity of the series .

And givin that the people that hate the series and are still watching it are not really helping themselves they are still contributing to overall ratings outside of a series demographic and country even though I doubt.it makes any difference what ratings outside Japan get.

Anyway Did I say I read the LN . I Don't even read the LN it's all based on assumption that the 1.5 years (minus the thing I heard was cut) was uneventful as the world as been set up to show that there's no crime,bandits or monsters which clearly only exist in the dark place .

Just becouse something hasn't been adapted dosnt mean it's not there. Like not crying or feeling homesick etc which was assuming was cut. Even then when a human character shows emotion people just wipe it off as a pussy anyway so what's the point. (Which is always the case when adapting from a sourse to anime)

And the last few epiosdes have shown that there are loopholes . Even epiosde 1 hinted at loopholes.

You're implying that people shouldn't give an opinion on a series, EVEN THOUGH this season is supposed to be "such an improvement". That's the reason why I'm still watching (and I'm also a closet masochist I guess).

You are defending the show based on ASSUMPTIONS. Completely meaningless.
And we are discussing the anime, not the [also bad] light novels. It actualy makes the adaptation worse for not adapting correctly.

"Just because something hasn't been adapted doesn't mean it's not there"
So what? You want me to read the light novel DLC to appreciate the story completely? Come on.
TodAboTNov 26, 2018 11:37 AM
Nov 26, 2018 11:31 AM
Jan 2018
idontknowsarcasm said:
WordIsBond said:

Actually, it is. It doesn't seem like English is your first language so why argue? If you like bad shows then more power to you, I have no problem with it.

-
saying that gay is another of saying lame it's the gayest thing i read.

Most ironic reply I've read.
Nov 26, 2018 1:14 PM
Jan 2018
TodAboT said:
Mattinator95 said:

You're implying that people shouldn't give an opinion on a series, EVEN THOUGH this season is supposed to be "such an improvement". That's the reason why I'm still watching (and I'm also a closet masochist I guess).

And we are discussing the anime, not the [also bad] light novels. It actualy makes the adaptation worse for not adapting correctly.

So what? You want me to read the light novel DLC to appreciate the story completely? Come on.

I'm not saying people shouldn't have an opinion on anything. Overall it's just someone's opinion dosnt change anything

How do you know the light novel of this arc is bad when you have never Read it.

well you try and adapt 10 vols into 48 episodes with each vol only getting 4 epiosdes each.

It's not really a assumption consriding it's not hard to figure it out
Mattinator95Nov 26, 2018 1:18 PM
Nov 26, 2018 1:29 PM
Oct 2018
bhaizett said:
Unpopular Opinion:The Sword Fight between Kirito and that baldie senior is terrible.
The entire scene is just servicable at best, it's at its worst when you look at it realistically. This is why the entire fight is bad. Why?
1. The telegraphing and over-swinging. I don't know why that Baldie has to go with one big swoop, normal people would've just dodge to the sides. And if baldie senior fights like a normal people, he would response by swinging the Sword to the position his opponent, in this case kirito, moves to. But I guess the staffs are just too lazy to animate them.
2. How kirito responses to the Baldie Senpai attack. This derives from the first points, instead of dodging to the side from the obvious front attack, what did Kirito do? He tries to parry it, his first two attempts doesn't work, the 3rd time he tries to parry the baldie hit, he exposes his back by spinning, and did it helps at all? Of course it didn't. IRL doing it so blalantly can get you killed, but since it's not real life, we can ignore how risky it would be to use it in an actual Sword fight. But if you're gonna animate a spin, don't make it so slow because it's gonna make the spin looks terrible. Ofc after that both Kiri2 and the Baldie senior swords ended up in a bind, which brings me to my next point.
3. The Sword Binding. This is not only the problem for SAO but in many Swords fight scene in media. If it's not a static image it's just gonna looks awkward, irl normal ppl wouldn't have stayed in the bind that long, they would tries to get out of that situation ASAP or uses it to their advantages but what did Kiri2 and the baldie senior do? They just looks at each other and stays in the bind, and it just looks awkward. Is this what ppl calls a great fight?
4. How Kirito gets out of that situation. Power of Friendship. Of course that rules would come into play, that "Willpower can overcome anythings" shenanigan, it's really just an excuse for Kirito to do his typical deus-ex machina moment.
In conclusion, instead of Portraying Kirito and the baldie senior as a competent Swordsman that they proclaimed themselves to be, we got this. How is this a great fight? I really don't get it at all.
The rest of the episode is just...meh, the flower scene are super melodramatic, the timeskip is still plaguing the series.
2/5

-
i agree with your points but the 4 one.
it's a power that you see that volo also used it, not just kirito and it's not at all friendship powers, it's about telling yourself you're the best, never giving up, have onfidence in yourselve and in your victory.
but this...
-Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu
Nov 26, 2018 1:48 PM
Jan 2018
Mattinator95 said:
TodAboT said:

I'm not saying people shouldn't have an opinion on anything. Overall it's just someone's opinion dosnt change anything

How do you know the light novel of this arc is bad when you have never Read it.

well you try and adapt 10 vols into 48 episodes with each vol only getting 4 epiosdes each.

It's not really a assumption consriding it's not hard to figure it out

So you're complaining about a complaint because it doesn't change anything? Very ironic.

I know that the light novel is bad because it is written by Reki Kawahara. He hasn't gotten better (Ordinal Scale being his latest example for me).

Why even try to adapt it in so little time then? They could make 100 good episodes in theory, right?
Nov 26, 2018 1:59 PM

Jul 2016
@Mattinator95 its pointless to argue that alt account.

Nov 26, 2018 3:00 PM
Oct 2016
bhaizett said:

FYI you can't cancel a skill once it's activated. Also, I don't think Kirito even HAS the capacity to completely dodge what's essentially a trump card right from the get go (He correctly identified the skill as Avalanche, one of the best Two-Handed Sword Skills in SAO)

Thus, he concluded that one of the best ways he could get the win was using Vertical Square (aka his shiny skill last episode) since he'd have a roughly half a second of "delay" if he can successfully parry his skill. Which he did. He would have won then and there if that Tree Sword had more length imho.

It also explains the "Sword Locking". If you noticed the other fights in Alicization, there's no such thing if there are no Sword Skills being tossed between each other. That's because if both are using Sword Skills, suddenly cancelling it is impossible. Unless you're forced to by an outside force.
ronelm2000Nov 26, 2018 3:08 PM
Nov 26, 2018 4:36 PM
Jan 2018
ronelm2000 said:
bhaizett said:

FYI you can't cancel a skill once it's activated. Also, I don't think Kirito even HAS the capacity to completely dodge what's essentially a trump card right from the get go (He correctly identified the skill as Avalanche, one of the best Two-Handed Sword Skills in SAO)

Thus, he concluded that one of the best ways he could get the win was using Vertical Square (aka his shiny skill last episode) since he'd have a roughly half a second of "delay" if he can successfully parry his skill. Which he did. He would have won then and there if that Tree Sword had more length imho.

It also explains the "Sword Locking". If you noticed the other fights in Alicization, there's no such thing if there are no Sword Skills being tossed between each other. That's because if both are using Sword Skills, suddenly cancelling it is impossible. Unless you're forced to by an outside force.

So they explained why the fights are so shitty.
Cool!
Doesn't explain why the show hyped it up so much, only to end so soon, but whatever.
Nov 26, 2018 4:38 PM
Jan 2018
chriskor022 said:
@Mattinator95 its pointless to argue that alt account.

Alt account?
What's my real account?
This statement is so pathetic OMG.
Nov 26, 2018 4:41 PM
Nov 2015
This anime already bad when the studio alrady deside to time skip and more skip cut cut cut cut stuff.

Well don't hope so much, we can clearly see where this will going then what will happen next or future episode.

Even the studio it self apologies for skipping the stories. At least they respont and admit it.
Nov 26, 2018 4:41 PM
Nov 2015
This anime already bad when the studio already deside to time skip and more skip cut cut cut cut stuff.

Well don't hope so much, we can clearly see where this will going then what will happen next or future episode.

Even the studio it self apologies for skipping the content, At least they respond and admit it.

Nov 26, 2018 5:55 PM

Nov 2014
Haha, the devious plan of those 2 random assholes have been foiled! Thanks random lady voice from the sky and other flowers in the garden XD

I do hope those 2 assholes are plot relevant in some way, I feel they've been taking quite an amount of screentime to imply that they'll ruin the flowers, which amounted to basically nothing at all. I feel like they don't need to be there at all, considering that their motivations seem pretty shallow or just haven't been elaborated on at this point in time.

In any case, that Volo dude was seriously a cocky bastard. Glad he lost to Liena in the end, at least she wasn't unlikable. Perhaps being blocked by Kirito planted a seed of doubt in his fighting style.
BurningSpiritNov 26, 2018 6:05 PM
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Nov 26, 2018 5:59 PM
Jan 2018
idontknowsarcasm said:
bhaizett said:
2/5

-
it's a power that you see that volo also used it, not just kirito and it's not at all friendship powers, it's about telling yourself you're the best, never giving up, have onfidence in yourselve and in your victory.

That's still ridiculous.
All that Kirito has to do is believe in himself more, if that's the case.
That was definitely the first he ever even tried that and he could go up against one of the strongest people of the capital, right?
Nov 26, 2018 10:48 PM
Jul 2017
ronelm2000 said:
bhaizett said:

Your explanation may give me better understanding on the rules of the game, but I still don't like the fight, and the rules as well now that I know about it.

As for why I don't like the unnecessary limitation: In a Video Game we plays, it make sense why you can't suddenly cancel skills once you're committed to using it in video games we play. But in virtual reality, aren't you supposed to have full control of your actions? That limitation is just unnecessary and would be a hinderance to players when they might need to re-consider their action, etc. etc. Sword Art Online may still be a game, but it's also a game where the player directly controls the action using their mind and bodies, not a controller.

I've been re-watching the fight, I think the big problem is not in the rules itself, moreso how it was animated in the anime. I'm not gonna repeat why the way it looks are terrible, but I'm just gonna leave it at that. Arts wise everything looks good as always but how the character moves and such are the problem here.
You said it's impossible for Kiri2 to dodge Volo's attack, I say otherwise.
He practiced Kendo before so shouldn't he knows that Volo raising the Sword up & backward like that pretty much just shows the position he's gonna swinging the blade at? the strike itself just adds to the problem and the slow motion just make it looks like this very big slow strike, even if it's a Sword skills, if it's just this one big over-swing every person with combat experience can easily dodge it no problem. Unless there's some sort of wind gush from the swing, or a follow up to the first cut, I don't see why Kirito couldn't have just easily avoid it step backward or side step instead of tries to parry with his sword skills which is futile without the "Believe in yourself" power.

As for the Sword locking, since you've explained it to me, I'm just gonna accept it as what it is, once you get into that situation, either your skills overpowered the opponent or the opponent overpowered yours I suppose. I can't argue with you regarding this, I just have to get used to the many "questionable" rules of the game I guess. *insert priestess face*
My point still stands, the fight should've been more fast paced, "The Believe in yourself" power is still just a lame excuses for kirito to asspull his way out of any situation. The other characters may have it, but Kirito being Kirito ofc his will is gonna overpowered everyone else.

Side notes: This is just personal issues, I know many don't have problem with how it was animated but as someone who really digs HEMA and Japanese Swords combat(Kendo, Kenjutsu, Laido, etc. etc.) It's really distracting. The believe in yourself rules is still the things I dislike the most about this episode.
Nov 26, 2018 10:51 PM
Jul 2017
idontknowsarcasm said:
bhaizett said:
2/5

-

Like I pointed out in my first response, obviously Kirito being the protag will win against everyone with this rules because "His wills are stronger than theirs". The rules is still just a lame excuse for Kirito to use his deus ex machina, the other charas may have utilized this system but that doesn't really change anything facing off against the almighty Kirito.
Nov 27, 2018 7:06 AM
Jan 2018
redcobra said:
This anime already bad when the studio already deside to time skip and more skip cut cut cut cut stuff.

Even the studio it self apologies for skipping the content, At least they respond and admit it.

all they did was cut one epiosde worth of one chapter.

The 1.5 years skip in underworld time would have still happend
Mattinator95Nov 27, 2018 7:11 AM
Nov 27, 2018 11:04 AM

Oct 2013
TTGL with Fighting Spirit being the only reason they beat beings clearly more powerful than them: Oh sure that makes sense.

SAO Alicization with the Inhabitant's image of reality actually changing the VIRTUAL world they live in: Haxx fucking piece of shit asspull outta nowhere.
Nov 27, 2018 11:17 AM
Aug 2018
@Windman
Replying to that TodAboT is a waste of time, you won't have 24/7 free time like him to argue on the internet.
Nov 27, 2018 11:20 AM
Aug 2018
@shigatsuno87bira
You are wasting your time replying on that TodAboT degenerate.
You don't have free time to argue on the internet 24/7 like him.
Nov 27, 2018 11:25 AM
Aug 2018
-Riptide- said:
TTGL with Fighting Spirit being the only reason they beat beings clearly more powerful than them: Oh sure that makes sense.

SAO Alicization with the Inhabitant's image of reality actually changing the VIRTUAL world they live in: Haxx fucking piece of shit asspull outta nowhere.

Everything is wrong if it's SAO.
Nov 27, 2018 1:17 PM

Sep 2018
bhaizett said:

I've been re-watching the fight, I think the big problem is not in the rules itself, moreso how it was animated in the anime. I'm not gonna repeat why the way it looks are terrible, but I'm just gonna leave it at that. Arts wise everything looks good as always but how the character moves and such are the problem here.

As someone that read the novel those are my thoughts as well. In the anime it looked pretty cheap. I dont know if my memory is bad, but from what I recall the novel was more about moves used and not cheap light effects.
“Ha ha, the synergy between my left and right hand made them feel scared.” Ye Xiu said.
Nov 27, 2018 5:32 PM
Sep 2018
is the power of imagination here to replace the deus ex machina?
Nov 27, 2018 5:48 PM
Sep 2018
ibraheem234 said:
Liena looked so much similar to asuna...so maybe it was just me..hmm well I guess I am still concerned whether the kirito ni the game is the actual kirito or the copy like everyone else in the world

no its the carbon copy of asuna with some improvement(A1 picture special i guess)
Nov 27, 2018 8:49 PM

Oct 2008
Nice Sword fights!
This is why Kajiura Yuki does this music at her best! such amazing heavenly beautiful OST! i bow down to you!
5/5.
matias067Nov 27, 2018 8:56 PM

Nov 28, 2018 12:10 AM
Jul 2017
immortaluchiha said:
What a fucking great episode it was.
As always as always as always SAO never fails to impress, as expected of a masterpiece, such a well written story.
I now see, why it's the best selling light novel in Japan.
Japan's ranked top 3 on list of countries with highest average IQ, no wonder they know what good writing and story is.
Truly a spectacular episode, damn that cliff hanger in the end though.
Well can't wait for next episode.

lol are you serious? Just because someone else doesn't like your favorite anime doesn't mean they're an idiot.
Nov 28, 2018 1:42 AM

May 2010
The best part of this ep was when Kirito's sword grew longer after he thought about Asuna xD You can't make this shit up.

Other than that, has it really been like ~2 years for Kirito? He's acting like it's been two weeks or so, not worried that much about himself, Asuna, or real life in general. Or at least it's not delivered clearly.
Nov 28, 2018 1:47 AM
Sep 2018
Kitsu-nee said:
The best part of this ep was when Kirito's sword grew longer after he thought about Asuna xD You can't make this shit up.

Other than that, has it really been like ~2 years for Kirito? He's acting like it's been two weeks or so, not worried that much about himself, Asuna, or real life in general. Or at least it's not delivered clearly.

What do you think that flower scene was for ?
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» My enjoyment of Alice is kinda ruined because of Darkness from Konosuba

BigBoyAdvance - Mar 24

11 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 24, 10:33 PM

» Anyone else lowkey prefer Alice to Asuna?

Marinate1016 - Jun 25, 2019

47 by Marinate1016 »»
Mar 24, 11:38 AM

» Kirito needs medical help cause this man’s been through it all

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 11

32 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 14, 9:57 AM

» I just finished this and ""O MY GOD ""

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Mar 2

43 by Fenyy »»
Mar 5, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

190 by fssf1606 »»
Feb 12, 2:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.