Forum Settings
Forums

Anime that you get criticized for dropping.

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 25, 2018 4:16 PM

Apr 2018
Can't really say that I've ever been criticized since the only anime that I really, truly stopped watching after episode one was Chaos;Head. I think EVERYONE can agree with me on that one, at least to some extent.
Oct 25, 2018 4:17 PM
Feb 2012
can't get criticized if you don't add anything to your list

RollSafe.jpg
Oct 25, 2018 4:21 PM

Apr 2018
HeroicIdealism said:
I honestly wouldn't give a shit even if someone criticized my dropped list. I won't waste my time on garbage that I don't enjoy.

If I had to guess though, Bakemonogatari and Jojo are likely what people would say I have shit taste for dropping.

Those 2 are some of my favorite anime (monogatari being my fave) but I could see why someone would drop them. Fandoms need to chill lul
Oct 25, 2018 4:23 PM

Aug 2018
Death Note.

Last time I was discussing anime with someone, I made the (huge) mistake of letting slip that I had never finished Death Note, and the person pretty much just stopped listening to anything I said about the subject. They lost all interest.

It's not the first time, either, but apparently I don't learn.
It doesn't matter if the other guy has watched 50 anime and you've watched 500. As soon as you mention dropping Death Note, your anime fan status is automatically revoked.
Oct 25, 2018 4:38 PM

May 2017
I got criticized for dropping evangelion.
about mha I think I'll countinue it later (maybe, i only miss the second half of season 3), but for sure i got criticized for saying it's an horrible anime
A person's life is not comprised of four repeating season, but a year-long winter wilderness, whether or not you stop to wipe your blood or tears, they will inevitably freeze over.
Oct 25, 2018 4:45 PM

Aug 2018
BurroDiCacao said:
about mha I think I'll countinue it later (maybe, i only miss the second half of season 3), but for sure i got criticized for saying it's an horrible anime

That's not really surprising. Do you honestly think that it's at the same level as, let's say, Born by Myself or Worku? As Nami? As Hanoka?

No?
Then it probably isn't a horrible anime.
Oct 25, 2018 5:55 PM

May 2017
-Lightsbane- said:
BurroDiCacao said:

That's not really surprising. Do you honestly think that it's at the same level as, let's say, Born by Myself or Worku? As Nami? As Hanoka?

No?
Then it probably isn't a horrible anime.

It's just the usual anime when ppl fight with 0 plot, just a kid who want to defeat bad people, always the same shit that in my personal opinion has always been bad. I mean, if you enjoy watching an anime when people fight, make super punches and get angry you can enjoy bnh, but it's nothing more than this
A person's life is not comprised of four repeating season, but a year-long winter wilderness, whether or not you stop to wipe your blood or tears, they will inevitably freeze over.
Oct 25, 2018 6:10 PM

Feb 2013
i have been severly bullied at church for dropping la blue girl :(
Oct 25, 2018 6:41 PM

Aug 2018
I dropped FMA/FMAB, didn't enjoy either one of them
Oct 25, 2018 6:49 PM

Mar 2012
Seiya said:
Jesper3 said:
Luckily you can't get criticized like that if you never dropped one~

Why should someone force themselves to complete something they're not enjoying?

What are you reffering to here? I haven't forced anyone to do anything but to answer your question; You have school for example, you better force yourself to study for those exams or you will have a tough time later in life, like getting your preffered job. There are many occasions when you have to force yourself to complete a task you might not enjoy, cleaning your house etc.

Oct 25, 2018 6:55 PM

Jun 2014
Jesper3 said:
Seiya said:

Why should someone force themselves to complete something they're not enjoying?

What are you reffering to here? I haven't forced anyone to do anything but to answer your question; You have school for example, you better force yourself to study for those exams or you will have a tough time later in life, like getting your preffered job. There are many occasions when you have to force yourself to complete a task you might not enjoy, cleaning your house etc.

Yeah, but nobody is forcing you to watch Anime that you don't like. There are these people here that refer to themselves as "Masochists," because they never drop Anime, and they talk about it like they're proud of it or something.

Oct 25, 2018 7:43 PM

Mar 2012
Seiya said:
Jesper3 said:

Yeah, but nobody is forcing you to watch Anime that you don't like. There are these people here that refer to themselves as "Masochists," because they never drop Anime, and they talk about it like they're proud of it or something.

You are right sir!
I completely agree, you are not forced to watch any anime you don't like. I never meant to force anyone to watch anything they dont enjoy. Have a good day
Oct 25, 2018 7:50 PM

Dec 2017
Nero_Angelo said:
yes MHA apparently MHA fanboys cant except the fact not everyone likes it

This. I got a couple of comments on my profile asking me why I dropped BNHA and it bugged the hell out of me that I decided to finish watching it.
Oct 25, 2018 7:52 PM

Dec 2017
-Lightsbane- said:

That's right. It's not at the same level. It's much lower than many other animes.
Oct 25, 2018 7:59 PM

Jul 2016
Get alot of hate for dropping Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood. Just wasnt my cup of tea. Hilarious to me when people describe it as best anime of all time. IDK just felt like it was for a younger audience.
Oct 25, 2018 8:38 PM

Nov 2017
nope... i never get critized by dropping an anime, especially on mal.
i just critized bcoz give a low or high score on an anime review in the facebook group.

Never happened on mal, yet.
Now Loading.....
Oct 25, 2018 8:47 PM
Jul 2018
One Piece, Dragonball, Bleach, Naruto, Fairy Tail, Black Clover...
some friends even called me a mainstream and Shounen-hater at first, which is very ridiculous. I don't even have an opinion about some of them, because I don't have the motivation for so many long series.
Oct 25, 2018 9:00 PM

Apr 2015
This has actually happened to me both around here and IRL for dropping Bleach, although I haven't been so much criticized as rather encouraged to finish it.

I dropped Bleach after watching 320 out of 366 episodes and that seems weird to people I guess? Coming so close and yet throwing the towel? I don't know, either way I'm done with the show, I gave it too many chances of redemption, waited for new episodes weekly when it was just airing and all I got in return were mediocre filler arcs; the last of which I just couldn't bear to watch anymore.
Oct 25, 2018 9:24 PM

Feb 2015
There's not a lot of users that would do that either by telling you or mentioning you, I'm very sure they'd do that either on Discord that you're not part of, or just inside their mind.
Oct 25, 2018 9:26 PM

Sep 2018
Toradora....it’s not that I hated it it’s just that I watched it when I was 12 and didn’t know about any streaming sites at all, and I stopped at episode 6 because I couldn’t find any more after that. And I just haven’t been interested in picking it up again. There may be a day where I do come back and finish it, but not soon.
I also get slammed about dropping Assasination Classeoom, I also didn’t hate it, it was just a similar situation to Toradora where I was unable to find more and then ulimately have become uninterested in picking it up again because of other anime I’d rather watch. I think I will come back to this one for sure though, because I did like it. I should move it to my On Hold list probably.
returntothenhkOct 25, 2018 9:29 PM
Oct 25, 2018 9:32 PM

Apr 2018
MHA (BNHA), OP, Naruto, Bore-uto, and HxH but I may try that one again. maybe.
Oct 25, 2018 9:37 PM
Jun 2016
your name. fell asleep while watching it :P
Oct 25, 2018 10:05 PM

Oct 2013
Hasn't happened,but I could probably guess the top 3.

One Piece
Gintama
Mushi-shi
Oct 25, 2018 10:10 PM

May 2009
Pullman said:
honestly I don't think it has ever happened to me
Same for me.

Probably happens more often if you try to wade into internet flamewars and use your tastes in anime as a social talking point/bargaining chip.

That said I actually have answers for if other people DO criticize me. I just never get to use them lol

(come at me; i'm bored)
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Oct 25, 2018 10:18 PM

Sep 2015
Today my friend criticised me for dropping Made in Abyss.
Actually I did enjoy the first episode, but I just thought that was more than enough & didn't feel the need to finish the whole thing.

ใ€Œ โš ๏ธŽ ใ€
Oct 25, 2018 10:46 PM
Jan 2017
Fmab. Listen first. I didn't get into anime by watch fmab like most other people I watched it after watching 140+ anime and to find the same cliches in the story and reputativeness of the shounen genre I dropped it after 33 episodes. But I know for a fact I would have loved it if it was one of the first Animes I saw. Hope this makes sense
Oct 26, 2018 5:30 AM

Jul 2017
Never happened to me tbh plus I'm not much of a critic
Oct 26, 2018 5:32 AM

Aug 2014
I get stared at like I'm the devil when people see my dropped and on-hold list. Too many popular and highly rated shows in there. Most noticable one being FMA:B.
Oct 26, 2018 5:36 AM

Feb 2016
Happened to me with OreGairu i cant seem to enjoy it one bit had me bored for the rest of the season..

Oct 26, 2018 5:39 AM

Oct 2017
I drop Fairy Tail and One Piece anime very fast cuz they're just super boring.

According to Mal, they're outstanding anime.
Oct 26, 2018 5:42 AM

Oct 2017
Lucky_To_Revy said:

Boruto is indeed trash anyway, so it's not a controversial opinion.

Gave a few episodes and you'd realize how soon it gets boring very very fast.
Probably only a handful of episodes worth watching.
Oct 26, 2018 5:43 AM

Oct 2017
flipsard said:
Short_Circut said:
Can't get criticized for dropping if you don't drop amirite

You are 100% right, no dropping anime is best way.

Then put those on hold forever and never finish :P

A fate worse than drop.
Oct 26, 2018 7:57 AM

Aug 2018
-Funland- said:
-Lightsbane- said:

That's right. It's not at the same level. It's much lower than many other animes.

It's still not a horrible anime. A horrible anime would be a 2/10. Something like Angel's Drop. That is actually borderline unwatchable.

It's simply another mediocre show. Do you realize how many of those exist? Thousands upon thousands of them.
Let's be 100% honest: if you're calling it horrible, you're just trying to get a salty response from fans. Which is fine, I do that too on occasion. Some people are just too easy to bait.

But let's call it like it is, for once...

ModKiller said:
Oh yeah, Some faggots here critized me for dropping nichijou and scoring one.
I give em hell too lmao.

I would actually love to know the mental gymnastics that you went though, to justify giving Nichijou a freaking 1 out of 10.
You can't even score 0 on this site, 1 is the absolute lowest rating possible.
Oct 26, 2018 8:00 AM

Jan 2018
Never happened to me,guess I'm a normie douchebag
Oct 26, 2018 8:03 AM

Oct 2018
To be very honest , i just dont care because if im not finding joy in watching something
Not even the harshest critics will make wanna go watch an anime i dislike.
People need to settle with different opinions. That is all imma say.
And watching something judt because its so mainstream isnt my thing, if i like it, i like it and if i dont well imma drop it like its hot.
Oct 26, 2018 8:59 AM

Apr 2018
Ventus_S said:
Lucky_To_Revy said:

Boruto is indeed trash anyway, so it's not a controversial opinion.

Gave a few episodes and you'd realize how soon it gets boring very very fast.
Probably only a handful of episodes worth watching.

I don't even need to watch one episode to see that it's trash. I can see that shit from a mile away. I'm still not sure how some people find it entertaining.
Oct 26, 2018 10:12 AM
Bad Opinions

Feb 2014
I have yet to drop a show. It's hard for me to give a final verdict on a show if I don't finish it. Even if I don't like a show, if I started it, I at least want to know how it ends. I probably would have dropped Nodame Cantabile if I wasn't this way, but by the end, it wasn't the worst thing I've seen. Granted, I still don't like it all that much, but it got better so I'm glad I didn't drop it.
Oct 26, 2018 10:15 AM
Jul 2018
I've been criticized for dropping almost every popular anime. The most recent I can recall being Hunter X Hunter and Gintama.

flipsard said:
Short_Circut said:
Can't get criticized for dropping if you don't drop amirite

You are 100% right, no dropping anime is best way.

If you want to completely waste your life, that is.

Alomin said:
Today my friend criticised me for dropping Made in Abyss.
Actually I did enjoy the first episode, but I just thought that was more than enough & didn't feel the need to finish the whole thing.

I've never heard of that kind of reason to drop a show. Interesting.

HeroicIdealism said:
I honestly wouldn't give a shit even if someone criticized my dropped list. I won't waste my time on garbage that I don't enjoy.

If I had to guess though, Bakemonogatari and Jojo are likely what people would say I have shit taste for dropping.

I understand why someone would drop Bakemonogatari. I do still find it hard to understand why someone would drop Jojo, though.
removed-userOct 26, 2018 10:22 AM
Oct 26, 2018 10:17 AM

Apr 2018
I dropped the well received Clannad, guess it was never my cup of tea. But seriously, most people don't care what you drop, unless you encounter a fanboy of said show. Then good luck I guess...
Wake me up for another crusade
Oct 26, 2018 11:35 AM

Sep 2013
the only one I've dropped, basically
Oct 26, 2018 11:40 AM

Jan 2014
Haven't experience that yet though I know why, not that loquacious myself so ¯\_(ใƒ„)_/¯

PROFILE | ANIMELIST | MANGALIST | ๐“ต๐“ธ๐“ต๐“ต๐”‚๐“ฐ๐“ช๐“ฐ๐“ฐ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ

Oct 26, 2018 11:53 AM
Oct 2018
My friend criticized me for dropping SAO 2
. Sao and Dragon ball super are the only animes he has seen and he thinks they are the best. He has wached first part of Fma Brotherhood but said that it was good but hasn't watched more in months. In reality he just wants to watch more Kirito harem.
Oct 26, 2018 12:07 PM
Sep 2018
most people here are so innocent, never hated for dropping/not watching/holding a popular show. people on mal itself have been butthurt because i didn't think durarara was interesting, that i dropped tokyo ghoul re and a person once came at me because i dropped hdxd (the worst fucking shit ever like what??). so,, can't relate
owls are cool
Oct 26, 2018 1:17 PM

Dec 2013
Cowboy Bebop. : / Tried it like 3 times now because of people claiming I need to give it more chances but it's just not good. I think it's just people loving it because of it having been one of the few anime on TV in the US and Europe during their childhood alongside shows like Outlaw Star which is also bad but even that could hold my attention better than Cowboy Bebop.
Oct 26, 2018 1:31 PM
โ–ฌโ–ฌฮนโ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•๏บค

Feb 2012
I always get criticized for dropping TTGL. Like hands down it's the most often I've been criticized for.
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." โ›ฉ๏ธ

Oct 26, 2018 2:28 PM

Nov 2011
I haven’t received much criticism for dropping anything. Even with Shigatsu, which I’ve trashed many times over the years for its issues, it hasn’t really been called out much.

Ellert0 said:
Cowboy Bebop. : / Tried it like 3 times now because of people claiming I need to give it more chances but it's just not good. I think it's just people loving it because of it having been one of the few anime on TV in the US and Europe during their childhood alongside shows like Outlaw Star which is also bad but even that could hold my attention better than Cowboy Bebop.

You do realize that the majority of the online fandom wasn’t watching TV back then, right? Many of the older fans have moved on due to cultural changes within the fandom.

I love Cowboy Bebop, but I was three years old when it aired. I didn’t watch it until two years ago when I was twenty one. There’s nothing wrong with disliking the show, but don’t try to write off its lasting significance in the fandom as nostalgia.
TripleSRankOct 26, 2018 2:33 PM
Oct 26, 2018 2:37 PM

Feb 2010
TripleSRank said:
I haven’t received much criticism for dropping anything. Even with Shigatsu, which I’ve trashed many times over the years for its issues, it hasn’t really been called out much.

Ellert0 said:

You do realize that the majority of the online fandom wasn’t watching TV back then, right? Many of the older fans have moved on due to cultural changes within the fandom.

I love Cowboy Bebop, but I was three years old when it aired. I didn’t watch it until two years ago when I was twenty one. There’s nothing wrong with disliking the show, but don’t try to write off its lasting significance in the fandom as nostalgia.

You gotta love how people would rather call something bad and jump to absurd conclusions about why droves of other people love something for petty reasons rather than just figuring out that it's not their type of show. A quick look at their list tells me that Bebop or Outlaw Star are just not for them but somehow they themselves can't realize that and instead have to objectivize their preferences by condescending towards their fans. Humans are truly wonderful creatures.

So yeah, maybe some people in this thread don't get criticized for dropping something, but for being an asshole about.
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 26, 2018 2:57 PM

Dec 2017
@-Lightsbane-
When I say BNHA is horrible, I mean it. Not baiting or anything. It's not that I didn't like the story, I just felt like throwing up every time I saw Midoriya and my mood turned sour when Bakugo showed up. To me, the show was aesthetically revolting. For sure, if they changed the personalities of all characters and redrew all of them, I would enjoy the show a lot.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» What is the least importan aspect of an anime?

Spunkert - May 11

21 by Rinrinka »»
8 minutes ago

» Which of your favorite anime actually has the most interesting story?

WatchTillTandava - 11 hours ago

18 by Rinrinka »»
10 minutes ago

» Would you allow an anime robot resembling an attractive human female to take your virginity?

TsutanaiFuun - 56 minutes ago

6 by TransferUser »»
22 minutes ago

» What do you wish to see ??

Lion_Sin - 2 hours ago

10 by JessicaKari »»
2 hours ago

» Any anime you don't understand exactly what the characters do but still enjoy it anyway?

Rinrinka - May 10

9 by animejas »»
2 hours ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.