Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 8, 2018 9:37 PM
Oct 2018
I'm 36 episodes into this show. Thirty. Six.And nothing has happened besides Ichigo gets powers, meets people, has the most underwhelming fights in any Shonen show I've ever seen and takes off to rescue Rukia but goofs around with side characters for 10 episodes.

Like I said, The fights are dull, the humor gets annoying and I feel like I've just seen this story so many times in other shonen shows. Also most of the critically acclaimed "Save Rukia' arc feels like filler up to this point. I'm trying my hardest to keep watching this show but I feel like I'm torturing myself.
Oct 8, 2018 9:40 PM
Jul 2018
Before I say anything I'd like to clarify that this is just my opinion and so no one get mad plz

Oct 8, 2018 9:40 PM

Jul 2012
I mean most people generally proclaim that the soul society arc is the best arc of the show which ends at like episode 63. After that it's hit or miss especially taking into account some of the most awkward filler placements in long running anime.
Oct 8, 2018 9:44 PM

May 2012
You see HxH 2011 took me up till around episodes 40-45 to get interesting, but from what I remember Bleach's best stuff is at the beginning? no.

If you plan on continuing YOU HAVE TO SKIP THE FILLERS.

https://www.animefillerlist.com/shows/bleach
Oct 8, 2018 9:45 PM

Dec 2015
DaveMasters123 said:
Mmost of the critically acclaimed "Save Rukia' arc feels like filler up to this point.

People lied to you. This part was Acclaimed only by youngsters of that time and later, never by seasoned "critics".
You can still try if you want to test out this part: the Kurumada/St Seiya-esque moment is about to start. (nothing special if you already consumed things like that though).

PS: the beginning, mix of "urban fantasy" and comedy, was quite nice and the best part for me.
Oct 8, 2018 9:54 PM

Feb 2018
I kinda liked the first big arc but you need to make sure to skip the fillers otherwise all long running anime are pretty much unwatchable.
Oct 8, 2018 10:15 PM

Oct 2013
With longer series it's probably better to stop watching if you aren't into it.
Oct 8, 2018 10:29 PM

Jan 2013
You've still time to bail.
No harm done in abandoning this pile of dung.
Oct 8, 2018 10:32 PM
Jul 2018
Having watched the entire anime and reading the manga, I can safety say that nothing comes close to having the same amount of enjoyment the Soul Society arc contains later down the line. Bleach was at its prime in that arc, then went downhill really fast.
Oct 8, 2018 10:37 PM

May 2016
My favourite arc was the Visords which is at 100+ episodes, if I remember correctly.
In the "Save Rukia arc" it was interesting for me in the 50+ episodes and his fight with Kuchiki Byakuya is probably the best you'll ever get.
If you can hold on till then, it would be nice. But don't force yourself to watch it if it's not your thing.
Oct 8, 2018 10:50 PM

Aug 2017
I took 6 months to watched bleach...with all the fillers.
Well it does get interesting and its a "much watched" for otaku to understand meme or references.

RNG best girl!!!
RNG best waifu!!
RNG is life!Long live RNG!
Oct 8, 2018 10:59 PM
Aug 2016
pay attention to the awesome soundtracks, it makes the watching experience less boring.
ClickBaitBusterOct 8, 2018 11:03 PM
Oct 8, 2018 11:11 PM

May 2013
Sounds liek you haven't started the soul society arc yet. I did somewhat enjoy the material before soul society, but it isn't nearly as good. I'd say give that arc a try and if you don't like that you will probably dislike the entire show, because the rest is pretending at the original arc's formula. I've watched through a couple times (God help me) and read the manga.

As other people said, hunter x hunter takes even longer for you to get into it usually, but imo it's one of the best anime out there (and it would seem plenty of other people feel about that similarly). Sometimes shows are like hunter x hunter and are low key great even from the slower start. That's just to say sometimes a show can be much better than it at first seems to be. Bleach isn't quite in that boat though; if you don't like soul society arc you won't like Bleach straight up.

Not sure how much anime you've seen before. It says you've seen none and just joined. Anyways let us know if you need any recommendations. It's probably better to try shorter shows at first to experiment and find what you like.
Oct 8, 2018 11:24 PM

May 2014
Bleach is like a guy standing at the top of a hill and the more and more you watch the more and more that guys fall down that hill. If you're having these strong of opinions this early just drop it.
Oct 9, 2018 2:02 AM

Jan 2018
It's enjoyable but in my opinion it will go downhill unless if you're like really, don't mind it. Since you're not liking saving rukia arc, my advise is to find something else better to watch.
Oct 9, 2018 2:04 AM
Apr 2018
DaveMasters123 said:
I'm 36 episodes into this show. Thirty. Six.And nothing has happened besides Ichigo gets powers, meets people, has the most underwhelming fights in any Shonen show I've ever seen and takes off to rescue Rukia but goofs around with side characters for 10 episodes.

Like I said, The fights are dull, the humor gets annoying and I feel like I've just seen this story so many times in other shonen shows. Also most of the critically acclaimed "Save Rukia' arc feels like filler up to this point. I'm trying my hardest to keep watching this show but I feel like I'm torturing myself.

Watch the soul society arc “ep73”
It’s the only ark worth watching
Oct 9, 2018 2:34 AM
May 2009
After the Soul Society arc it mainly just got boring.
The Zanpaktou andromorphing was interesting, but after that it got dull again.
Didn't really pick up till going to the hollow world.
Oct 9, 2018 2:41 AM

May 2013
DaveMasters123 said:

In my honest opinion, drop it . There is no merit is trying to follow a show in hopes that it will get better, especially if you feel you have genuinely given it sufficient chances. I finished bleach to its entirety back as a teenager, when I was a die hard fan of stuff like that. Honestly, I am glad I was done with that nonsense.

On a side note, you think trudging through 36 episodes is a large amount for battle/adventure shounen (long running ones specifically) ?

I tried doing the same with One Piece, dropped that sack of shit at 225 episodes. Yes, you read that right. Gave it plenty of chances to wow me, but no dice. I should have started watching that stuff when I was a kid and not as an adult.
KreatorXOct 9, 2018 2:44 AM
Truly a Divine Comedy
Oct 9, 2018 2:42 AM
Jul 2017
Its bitter at first but after a couple of cups and a little time for it to kick, you will feel wonders trust me.
Oct 9, 2018 2:49 AM
Jun 2017
Only the first arc has much value going for it. Soul Society is highly overrated as it's world building is absolutely nonsensical which calls into question many major questions such as why do the Shinigami age if they're just deceased souls or what is the point in the mortal realm in the first place if Soul Society functions in a similar manner? Doesn't help that most of the elements people praise it for were just ripped from Saint Seiya's Sanctuary Arc. It just gets worse from thereon as the plot becomes a repetitive string of rescue arcs with even bigger plot holes and continuity being completely broken in the last arc of the manga.

You're better off just dropping it. If wanting to view a series which is essentially a far better version of it, watch Saint Seiya. If wanting to watch a truly good Shonen, then watch either Ashita no Joe, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood or Hunter X Hunter 2011.
Oct 9, 2018 3:02 AM

Mar 2017
The espada arc imo was really well done, just skip the fillers
Oct 9, 2018 3:04 AM

Dec 2008
I stopped watching Bleach anime after the defeat of Aizen. Even the manga ended with such horrible ending.
Oct 9, 2018 5:52 AM

Jul 2017
Thought Bleach was pretty good since the beginning
Oct 9, 2018 5:59 AM

Nov 2014
Again, I don't see how you can watch 36 episodes of something you don't like. Drop it like it's hot fam.

Also, I gotta say it again:
If you have to skip the filler episodes of a show, it's a bad show.
Oct 9, 2018 6:16 AM
Mar 2016
bleach is alright, nothing special in my opinion, in highsight I should have dropped it.It does have one of best laugh out moments I seen, Aizen transformation by removing his glasses and slicking his hair back had me in stitches. It was so bad.
Oct 9, 2018 8:47 AM

Feb 2010
No, the first arc is the best arc of the whole show and it keeps getting worse from there. So if you don't like the early parts, which are the only reason it was ever praised and is still remembered, then get out.
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 9, 2018 8:52 AM

Dec 2013
I'm one of those people who believes Soul Society was the best arc in Bleach and that everything after it is garbage.

So yes, it does get better for one arc before plunging even deeper into the abyss. If you don't like battle shounen to begin with, Soul Society is probably not going to change your mind but if you do, it can be quite enjoyable.
Oct 9, 2018 8:55 AM

Dec 2017
If you don't like Bleach at 36 episodes, you should stop wasting your time and drop it right now because it doesn't get any better after the Souls Society arc.
Oct 9, 2018 9:06 AM

Jul 2017
welcome to long running shonen battle world my friend...after watching a few you'll get bored and only a few things like hunterhunter will realy be interesting for you.
I mean, you're already getting borred. well at least you're commited.
last but not least: if you're 36 episodes into any anime ever and you're still bored, stop. just stop. it DOESN'T get better.
Oct 9, 2018 9:15 AM
Jul 2018
you are only 30 something episodes into the show?
i mean it's not worth it anyway just drop it
Oct 9, 2018 9:17 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
4th time watching Bleach, still love. Maybe because its power, fights etc... are utterly my cup of tea.

And it actually same really good filler arcs. (bounto and alternate tale were fun)

But yeah, bleach format is growing to main cast, learning about random cast, learning about enemies, slowly creating causes for fights, rivalry etc.. and eventually build up to fights.

And each fight power level base will increase. So lot of power jumps.

Fullbring arc felt only arc that was a bit "weaker", but it's thematic was fitting thus it's pace and lack of "umph. power" as it's whole purpose was to climb back to ring. Whilst final arc (not in anime) felt a bit pushed and fast.

I will wait til end of days for final arc to get Anime -.- My fav battle shounen afterall.
And it has this "odd" humor now and then which I like.

But yeah, if by the time the first big fight you wont feel it, then it's simply not your Anime and move on. Anime catalogue is big enough to select from, don't waste time on things that aren't interesting enough for you.
Oct 9, 2018 9:33 AM

Apr 2015
No. Stop while you still have your sanity.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Oct 9, 2018 9:40 AM

Feb 2015
Bleach is pretty infamous for getting worse with every arc. :(

Maybe you want to finish the arc you're on, there are still some hightlights, but if you don't like after that you should drop it definitely.
Oct 13, 2018 9:06 AM

Apr 2014
when i first started watchign aniem, bleach was like the first one i saw and i loved it. but looking back, its kinda not that great. still retroactively going back and rerating things is stage 5 cancer so i can just say if you don't like it then just stop
Oct 13, 2018 9:48 AM

Sep 2017
If your not enjoying it then just stop after the arc ends or just stop... If you really want to continue then watch it and skip the fillers.....

My List
Hall Of Quotes
Set By Transience
Oct 28, 2018 9:48 PM

Oct 2008
All of the JUMP series are similar. If you aren't into that type of stuff, just drop it.
I left One Piece at around 5xx eps in. I skim watched Naruto and abandoned the final fight since they kept dumping fillers into it. DB was just screaming and powering up forever.
HxH is alright, but honestly, Gon is so hot headed and never really grows from his initial stage. I think that's the weakness of most long running series.

With Bleach, I think it's more interesting to follow the Gotei 13 people, than Ichigo and friends. They are the most boring element of the series.
Nov 13, 2018 12:09 AM

Jan 2016
If it doesn't entertains you then just stop it already. sheesh
Nov 16, 2018 12:15 PM

Feb 2015
I'm close to finishing it and I feel like it was a lot better before than it is now. The moments when Ichigo was in school, when he was fighting normal hollows, interacting with his family, and sending souls to Soul Society were a lot more entertaining than the whole Aizen and his guys vs everyone else thing. Now it's nothing more than fighting, and even though some of these fights are nice, most of them are not.
I'm watching anime since 2012. I also play games, sometimes.

Don't bother me if you want to 'become friends' or things like that.
It's tiresome. I know you just want to collect some meaningless numbers.
Thought: How many people sparked H. Charlotta just for blue pot?

More topics from this board

Sticky: » How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete) ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ariamachi - Oct 16, 2010

210 by Xashinz »»
Yesterday, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 40 Discussion

lsumi - Aug 13, 2008

35 by AdytuYT »»
Apr 24, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 177 Discussion

Pokedude97 - Jun 25, 2008

24 by AdamSylph »»
Apr 23, 5:20 PM

» Bleach: Project Hogyoku (2024) - redefinition of the original anime

dzudoKing - Feb 1

15 by 18927 »»
Apr 23, 2:37 PM

» Overrated

NeoToad - Apr 1

49 by Dabitsu »»
Apr 20, 2:10 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.